Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks for that, i looked it up too but you beat me to it!
so, in a normal situation what supposedly happened in that half hour between mundane texts to escalating to a triple0 call?
wouldnt you be out looking if you were that worried?
didnt he think it through?
he had probably been up all night, busy cleaning and tidying and staging the car and counting down the time to when was appropriate in his mind to call police.
i can imagine him answering the door all affable, friendly, covered in scratches reeking of bleach!

According to the affidavit filed by police and referred to in court on Friday, at 6.20am on April 20, 2012, Gerard Baden-Clay sent a text message to his wife Allison's mobile phone saying: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G''.

No reply was received from this text message, the court documents say.

The police affidavit says at 6.41am on April 20, Gerard Baden Clay sent another text message to his wife Allison's mobile phone saying: "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? ... I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G''

then he called triple 0 approx 7.15am

Yes, that's my point, You do not send a message like that when you are terribly worried about them. To send a text like that and then call 000 half an hour later. Those texts are quite ridiculous when you think about it. Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Some time back on here we were discussing the possibility of Allison having had a plastic bag on her head when her body was found & how the plastic could perhaps cause the blood in Captiva to smear.

But your theory re the glad wrap is really very interesting (Saran wrap I think some in USA call it). I just had a quick look but there's been numerous cases in which this plastic wrap has been used to suffocate victims.

http://www.irishcentral.com/IrishVoice/Tyrone-Man-Sentenced-for-Murder-96990954.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1401175/posts

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...-gras-murder-case-1053319.html?printArticle=y

June 21, 2012

Early in the morning of Friday, June 15, Hardee allegedly attempted to suffocate his sleeping wife at their Camelia Loop home by placing plastic Saran Wrap over her face.

The woman awoke in her bed unable to breath and a struggle ensued. She was able to momentarily free herself and fell face-down onto the floor next the bed. Hardee then held her down with his hands over her mouth and nose, the victim told police.

http://www.bainbridgereview.com/news/159943415.html

WOW! Thanks for the info Marlywings.:seeya:

Apologies if this has already been posted - this is the link to GBCs blog as per my last post

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008_11_01_archive.html

Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting
to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner,
homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn’t include any extracurricular
activities like ballet, swimming and music! And, I haven’t done any
vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing! In amongst
all of this “domestic duty”, I’ve also been trying to squeeze in some
work and assistance with running this business.

Yes, that's my point, You do not send a message like that when you are terribly worried about them. To send a text like that and then call 000 half an hour later. Those texts are quite ridiculous when you think about it. Now why doesn't that surprise me?

And if they were sleeping in the same bed, surely he could tell police if her side had been slept in or not, and talk through whether he believed she went for a walk the night before or that morning.

Now there's an interesting theory indeed. Smothering by GladWrap (clingfilm for our overseas friends). And I wonder if Allison still had clingfilm on when she was found??? Was that what the police hinted at when referring to the way she died being fairly immediately obvious?

And yes - the edge of a GladWrap container is very sharp and serrated and can indeed cut your hand, especially in the palm when the box is being grabbed.

Maybe you've hit on something that bears further thought there, Littlethings.

Could also explain a chipped tooth, if knocked hard with the metal edge of the box....

It doesn't explain Allison's blood allegedly found in the car, but it could feasibly explain the apparent cause of death - which would still need to be confirmed by autopsy. And the cut hand. And possibly the chipped tooth.

Hmmm - good thinking 99......
Doc I did send you my theory about the blood but I think i stuffed it up! It is on here somewhere. Cheers and have a good day.

And if they were sleeping in the same bed, surely he could tell police if her side had been slept in or not, and talk through whether he believed she went for a walk the night before or that morning.

Yes possumheart, you are quite right about that.

Maybe Allison suffered cuts to the hands from the serated edge of the gladwrap while defending herself. This could explain the supposed blood on each wheel arch of the car. MOO

It would be hard to just cut off a long length of glad wrap and not have it all cling together and be impossible to use for suffocating purposes. So perhaps the end could have been still in the box to keep a length of it stable and thereby exposing the serrated edge to skin, be it his or hers. Wonder if QPS tested the glad wrap box.

Apologies if this has already been posted - this is the link to GBCs blog as per my last post

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008_11_01_archive.html

Waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, making lunches, getting
to school, collecting from school, bath, cook dinner, eat dinner,
homework, teeth, bed! And that doesn’t include any extracurricular
activities like ballet, swimming and music! And, I haven’t done any
vacuuming, dusting, cleaning or a single load of washing! In amongst
all of this “domestic duty”, I’ve also been trying to squeeze in some
work and assistance with running this business.

Bit of honesty from GBC back then!

thanks for that, i looked it up too but you beat me to it!
so, in a normal situation what supposedly happened in that half hour between mundane texts to escalating to a triple0 call?
wouldnt you be out looking if you were that worried?
didnt he think it through?
he had probably been up all night, busy cleaning and tidying and staging the car and counting down the time to when was appropriate in his mind to call police.
i can imagine him answering the door all affable, friendly, covered in scratches reeking of bleach!

no worries, I'm having a very quiet/slow afternoon in my office so thought i would look them up and have another read of the reports....no matter how many times I read them, I don't come up with anything new though *sigh*

It would be hard to just cut off a long length of glad wrap and not have it all cling together and be impossible to use for suffocating purposes. So perhaps the end could have been still in the box to keep a length of it stable and thereby exposing the serrated edge to skin, be it his or hers. Wonder if QPS tested the glad wrap box.

Yes, you would just keep hold of the box and keep wrapping.

There's been one thing that has been sitting at the back of my mind for a while. Why did QPS and MSM "out" the relationship with TM but not with the other two mistresses? To date there has been no mention of them other than the affadavit.

Interested to hear others thoughts if this is significant to the case or not.

IMO...
Maybe TM was not fully co-operating, hoping he was not involved and thinking there was still a chance for them to be together.

The release of other affairs was probably a strategic wake up call for her to get real and see she was not the only mistress.

From memory, soon after the publicity of the other affairs, she lawyered up and probably spilled the beans about;
  • his promise to be with her by July 1st
  • secret email address
  • payphone calls (from hospital?)
  • voip calls
MOO

IMO...
Maybe TM was not fully co-operating, hoping he was not involved and thinking there was still a chance for them to be together.

The release of other affairs was probably a strategic wake up call for her to get real and see she was not the only mistress.

From memory, soon after the publicity of the other affairs, she lawyered up and probably spilled the beans about;
  • his promise to be with her by July 1st
  • secret email address
  • payphone calls (from hospital?)
  • voip calls
MOO

Thank goodness she was co-operative and came clean with what she knew. I wonder what was the biggest shock, that he had 2 other known mistresses or could have murdered his wife.

and IMO only....this is exactly why this whole thing is all such a farce....members of the QPS are not stupid...it would have been a no brainer to know if she had in fact slept in the same bed that night

he says he slept all night.....that little lie was found out when his phone coughed up its evidence

he says he last saw her watching footy show, but then.....there are the stories of the walk.....a morning walk...a nite time walk.....which is it mate?

he says affair is long over....another lie found out very quickly once Allison's diary was found in the house

he says he cut himself shaving..............ding ding this is yet another lie found out by forensic testing, turns out to be a scratch not consistent with a razor

I know there are more, those are just off the top of my head right now

It wouldn't have taken any time at all for huge alarm bells to be ringing about this one in the attending police officer's minds.....IMO I'm thinking a rather large brief re evidence began taking shape very quickly on 20 April

just my :twocents:

There's been one thing that has been sitting at the back of my mind for a while. Why did QPS and MSM "out" the relationship with TM but not with the other two mistresses? To date there has been no mention of them other than the affadavit.

Interested to hear others thoughts if this is significant to the case or not.

I have wondered about this too. MOO

I must have missed it.

Where did all the chatter around glad wrap come from?

Something about testing the glad wrap?

Thank goodness she was co-operative and came clean with what she knew. I wonder what was the biggest shock, that he had 2 other known mistresses or could have murdered his wife.

Which reminds me, we haven't heard from HRH for a while either.

(Heart Ruled Head, not the Queen, lol)

:giggle:

JMO MOO

and IMO only....this is exactly why this whole thing is all such a farce....members of the QPS are not stupid...it would have been a no brainer to know if she had in fact slept in the same bed that night

he says he slept all night.....that little lie was found out when his phone coughed up its evidence

he says he last saw her watching footy show, but then.....there are the stories of the walk.....a morning walk...a nite time walk.....which is it mate?

he says affair is long over....another lie found out very quickly once Allison's diary was found in the house

he says he cut himself shaving..............ding ding this is yet another lie found out by forensic testing, turns out to be a scratch not consistent with a razor

I know there are more, those are just off the top of my head right now

It wouldn't have taken any time at all for huge alarm bells to be ringing about this one in the attending police officer's minds.....IMO I'm thinking a rather large brief re evidence began taking shape very quickly on 20 April

just my :twocents:

Yes I think police had quite a bit of evidence & was why by 3pm that day classed the house & yard as a crime scene.

I must have missed it.

Where did all the chatter around glad wrap come from?

Something about testing the glad wrap?

A couple of pages back J D...

#463 Today, 11:57 AM
littlethings
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2012

Hi all you friendly people, I love being on here, it's so interesting! When I posted my theory about packing the lunches I may have mislead you. What I was trying to put across was the glad wrap theory, which really is quite horrible but as I said, glad wrap is a plastic, designed to keep air out. My point was, that is it possible that The murderer got out of the shower, walked into the kitchen and saw the lunches being made. The glad wrap would be on the counter and glad wrap is just as lethal as any other type of plastic because you can't breath through it. I know this sounds horrible but if somebody did pick up that glad wrap box to use for that particular purpose then a struggle would have ensued and the serrated edge of the box would be quite capable of causing a cut to the palm of the hand due to the pressure applied. This would also leave the victims hands free to fight in those first moments. This is just my imagination working overtime on too many coffees, but it is possible. Absolutely not fact, just another possibility. Cheers to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214