Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming pretty much all posters here will be keeping on top of other daily news, something that is in the media every day now is the axing happening throughout the public service and the cuts to multiple government funded projects. I don't want to get into a political debate at all, but I do wonder if the strategies that Newman is putting into place will impact on the dynamics of how this case is investigated and will be managed from the start through to trial.

We all know that enormous resources have been poured into this investigation. You have to shudder when you think of the resourcing costs for the initial hunt and subsequent detective/police work that will come back to us as tax-payers.

It was interesting that at the time of the GBC arrest, there was enormous media attention given to the fact that he may spend 3 years awaiting trial. There are countless numbers of remand prisoners spending equally long periods of time in remand, waiting their turn. Did this one get that sort of media coverage because it has evoked such a high degree of public interest or does anyone have other theories? Since the coverage there has been the green light given to appoint another judge (increasing the number from 16 to 17 really can't make a huge difference in waiting periods can it?).

Will the potential cost, to the State (i.e. US) mean that enormous pressure will be applied to avoid the matter ultimately going to trial? Will the prosecution be trying to work the case so it becomes inevitable that GBC's best course of action would be to offer up a pre-trial guilty plea? If so, achieving this, in my view suggests that the probability of immunity/immunities would be higher.

Apologies if I haven't articulated this very well. I can't claim any expertise in legal, medical or other areas of expertise that are so well accounted but I do wonder if the recent change of state government and the implementation of its policies will impact.

Apologies to readers from far away places, who understandably, don't know how politics are working in Queensland since a recent changeover in political party.

Yep HRT would make a nice change for some testosterone types!

Not sure it would do much except give him man *advertiser censored*. Don't think HRT is in high enough doses to change daily character specific decisions. Now sex change hormones may bring some noticeable differences......

I wonder if QPS have been to the local VideoEzy (or whatever hire store) to find out what the recent hire history has been for GBC and whether or not any "WhoDunnit" movies appear to have been a source of inspiration??

Assuming pretty much all posters here will be keeping on top of other daily news, something that is in the media every day now is the axing happening throughout the public service and the cuts to multiple government funded projects. I don't want to get into a political debate at all, but I do wonder if the strategies that Newman is putting into place will impact on the dynamics of how this case is investigated and will be managed from the start through to trial.

We all know that enormous resources have been poured into this investigation. You have to shudder when you think of the resourcing costs for the initial hunt and subsequent detective/police work that will come back to us as tax-payers.

It was interesting that at the time of the GBC arrest, there was enormous media attention given to the fact that he may spend 3 years awaiting trial. There are countless numbers of remand prisoners spending equally long periods of time in remand, waiting their turn. Did this one get that sort of media coverage because it has evoked such a high degree of public interest or does anyone have other theories? Since the coverage there has been the green light given to appoint another judge (increasing the number from 16 to 17 really can't make a huge difference in waiting periods can it?).

Will the potential cost, to the State (i.e. US) mean that enormous pressure will be applied to avoid the matter ultimately going to trial? Will the prosecution be trying to work the case so it becomes inevitable that GBC's best course of action would be to offer up a pre-trial guilty plea? If so, achieving this, in my view suggests that the probability of immunity/immunities would be higher.

Apologies if I haven't articulated this very well. I can't claim any expertise in legal, medical or other areas of expertise that are so well accounted but I do wonder if the recent change of state government and the implementation of its policies will impact.

Apologies to readers from far away places, who understandably, don't know how politics are working in Queensland since a recent changeover in political party.
ABSOLUTELY! You have put words to it all. Well done.

I wonder if QPS have been to the local VideoEzy (or whatever hire store) to find out what the recent hire history has been for GBC and whether or not any "WhoDunnit" movies appear to have been a source of inspiration??
Hey good sleuthing point Couch Cop. Lets hope QPS have followed up on this.

And he apparently phoned OW at 6:30am, that is between his two texts to Allison!

I wonder if OW came over and made the lunches, helped GBC get dressed (obviously he was proud of the fact that he could get dressed without Allison or why else would he have mentioned this in the text) then took the girls to school. :moo:

Speaking of OW, there's been talk she was around on the day, since early on, hasn't it, and a friend of someone here was adamant they saw her at cross country (thursday).
Every time I think of her an image doesn't leave my mind which is that of a car without its registration plate leaving the Brookfield SS school car park at drop off, turning left (no right turns allowed at drop off), then turning left at Brookfield road (towards show ground). It was a dark coloured 4WD and the route it took would be the one taken to return to BC seniors, which I assume is where OW was staying. The problem is I just can't remember for sure that it happened Friday morning, and that's why I never reported it to police. I know I saw it that week, and thought it odd, and asked myself why would someone do the school drop off in such a car, but I can't be sure I saw it on Friday... Now I wonder if it was one of the BC cars which was used the night before to dispose of the body after removing the plate/s. It was a woman driving, and now I wonder if it was OW (she looked worried), whether she had even noticed the plates weren't on?... Anyway, did anyone else local notice a car without plates driving in and out of the school carpark that week?

I wonder if OW came over and made the lunches, helped GBC get dressed (obviously he was proud of the fact that he could get dressed without Allison or why else would he have mentioned this in the text) then took the girls to school. :moo:

Texts came from GBC iPhone. Doesn't mean he typed them.

Speaking of OW, there's been talk she was around on the day, since early on, hasn't it, and a friend of someone here was adamant they saw her at cross country (thursday).
Every time I think of her an image doesn't leave my mind which is that of a car without its registration plate leaving the Brookfield SS school car park at drop off, turning left (no right turns allowed at drop off), then turning left at Brookfield road (towards show ground). It was a dark coloured 4WD and the route it took would be the one taken to return to BC seniors, which I assume is where OW was staying. The problem is I just can't remember for sure that it happened Friday morning, and that's why I never reported it to police. I know I saw it that week, and thought it odd, and asked myself why would someone do the school drop off in such a car, but I can't be sure I saw it on Friday... Now I wonder if it was one of the BC cars which was used the night before to dispose of the body after removing the plate/s. It was a woman driving, and now I wonder if it was OW (she looked worried), whether she had even noticed the plates weren't on?... Anyway, did anyone else local notice a car without plates driving in and out of the school carpark that week?
Thanks. You can always call crime stoppers with this information. Even if you aren't sure of the day. Sometimes it is the little things that put a case together completely.

Thanks. You can always call crime stoppers with this information. Even if you aren't sure of the day. Sometimes it is the little things that put a case together completely.

That's right, it's often the things we think of as small that can tie a case together. Interesting.:what:

I can certainly imagine how that would be playing on your mind. Don't beat yourself up about it though. How were you to know at the time that it may be significant? Besides in the beginning it was just a missing person case.
I often see things that I think are 'odd' and think "I'll remember that just incase" ... come the next day I'd be flat out remembering the details.

Thanks,might do. I can't for the life of me remember which morning which is very frustrating. When I heard of ABC gone missing all I could think was where she could be and I only remembered about seeing the car about a week later.

While we're scraping at the bottom of the pan, waiting for real news, I can also add a broken phone was seen abandoned next to a garbage bin on Boscombe Rd roughly 1km from the house on the morning she went missing. This was reported to police. It wasnt an iPhone, apparently, and the person who found it didn't pick it up when thy first saw it (we're talking very early in the morning ABC went missing) and when they went to find it again it had gone - probably SES pickde it up? ... Intriguing isn't it?

It was a 4WD or a biggish car - hopeless with cars,here - and when I later saw OW on MSM footage driving GBC in that biggish burgundy car, I even thought it could have been that one.

Scraping,scraping.

Another thing remember hearing is that GBC reportedly replied, "they're fine, I think it's because I'm such a hands on dad" when he was asked how his daughters were doing by a school mum. This allegedly happened over the phone only hours before police took him to the station to arrest him.

I agree with those here who've suggested that GBC, whether he was hands on dad or not, certainly wished to be perceived that way. I remember seeing him pick up the girls after ballet - the late sessions, that is, and in this he was hardly unique because it's mostly dads at the dance car park after later sessions - but I don't remember seeing him picking up the girls from school.

Respectfully snipped/edited...
Speaking of OW, every time I think of her an image doesn't leave my mind which is that of a car without its registration plate leaving the Brookfield SS school car park at drop off, turning left (no right turns allowed at drop off), then turning left at Brookfield road (towards show ground).

IMO...
What you saw may not make any sense to you or any of us, but it could be important to the police, who have a jigsaw of pieces to put together. This could be vital information, or not relevant. Only the police will know, and I urge you to report it.

you should report this to police, even if you are unsure of the day. it could be a vital missing link.

I was hoping the car without plates had been noticed by others more switched on than me,who'd not only remember the date, but the make of the car or even knew who was driving it, oh that was such and such, mother of such and such... But yes, I might email crime stoppers, then, seems low key enough.

Just out of curiosity, why WOULD someone drive without plates. The car didn't look new. Any thoughts? (apart from my conspiracy theory?)

I was hoping the car without plates had been noticed by others more switched on than me,who'd not only remember the date, but the make of the car or even knew who was driving it, oh that was such and such, mother of such and such... But yes, I might email crime stoppers, then, seems low key enough.

Just out of curiosity, why WOULD someone drive without plates. The car didn't look new. Any thoughts? (apart from my conspiracy theory?)

If it was around my way I'd say "Geez, another unregistered car." ... they usually put other number plates on though, but not all. But, that's around here.
I suppose it wouldn't happen as much there?
Only other thing I can think of is if it was on a test drive from a {second hand} car yard, they don't always have yard plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties