Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the Sydney media may have got it wrong, but there is also a possibility that GBC and Allison had some kind of pretend arrangement for the children, and I vaguely remember that there was some suggestion at one stage that Allison had in fact met someone else.

It would be nice if Allison had met someone else because at least we would know that someone made her feel special and beautiful, in a relationship way, as I have no doubt she deserved. I am just wondering how she could find the time. From what we have heard gbc was too busy flitting around with floosies and his image and can't have been home as much as he should have. I imagine 3 young girls and a home to run would keep you pretty busy.

I think Allison would have been a very astute person. I don't think she was 'unaware' of her husbands dalliances? The extent to how much GBC was dabbling perhaps - but I think she knew - he was a notorious ladies man just even in our local community people describe GBC as being player and smooth with the ladies. - I think these mistresses were the elephant in their relationship so to speak.

There are changes in male behaviour when affairs begin and Allison had a degree in psychology so I believe she knew what GBC was up to- maybe she was in denial yes -but ignorant of his ways - definitely not. Three young children and basically doing it on your own - who has time to deal with a misfit of a hubby.

Also different women have different ideas about cheating husbands. To me this is the ultimate insult and a cheating would be the last straw in my relationship - he would be on the doorstep with suitcase of his reg grundies and socks. But some gals and guys think along the lines that -this is the person I married until death to us part and that is seemingly Allisons mantra and again she was a perfectionist who was ready to see the good and forgive for the sake of herself and her family. This is all the more sad to know that she was so full of conviction and selflessness and married someone so self absorbed.

I think Allison would have been a very astute person. I don't think she was 'unaware' of her husbands dalliances? The extent to how much GBC was dabbling perhaps - but I think she knew - he was a notorious ladies man just even in our local community people describe GBC as being player and smooth with the ladies. - I think these mistresses were the elephant in their relationship so to speak.

There are changes in male behaviour when affairs begin and Allison had a degree in psychology so I believe she knew what GBC was up to- maybe she was in denial yes -but ignorant of his ways - definitely not. Three young children and basically doing it on your own - who has time to deal with a misfit of a hubby.

Also different women have different ideas about cheating husbands. To me this is the ultimate insult and a cheating would be the last straw in my relationship - he would be on the doorstep with suitcase of his reg grundies and socks. But some gals and guys think along the lines that -this is the person I married until death to us part and that is seemingly Allisons mantra and again she was a perfectionist who was ready to see the good and forgive for the sake of herself and her family. This is all the more sad to know that she was so full of conviction and selflessness and married someone so self absorbed.

Liadan that all makes good sense to me. Thanks.

I would also like to know how far from that part of the creek beside the parking area off Wirraburra Rd is it to Kholo creek. It can't be far. Hope Wakeside gets some good pics for us.

Sorry to quote myself but I also want to ask if anyone knows if that part or any part of Wirraburra Rd was officially searched. Being so close to Kholo Creek with Little Ugly Creek joining in, I would hope and expect they did.

Is the 'no body no payout for 7 years real or a myth. I really don't know. Not trying to be annoying. Xx

It was in my mothers case, my father collected her life insurance just over 7 years after she dissapeared.

He also took an extra measure to protect his money by divorcing her while she was still missing, he said his lawyer told him to do that in case she suddenly appeared on day and claimed half of his assets.

Yes well said.
The thing I find even more disgusting about his behaviour is that it appears he made a mockery of attempts to mend the relationship. Going to counselling and still having the affair. Was that a bit of a laugh for gbc and tm in their private moments?

It was in my mothers case, my father collected her life insurance just over 7 years after she dissapeared.

He also took an extra measure to protect his money by divorcing her while she was still missing, he said his lawyer told him to do that in case she suddenly appeared on day and claimed half of his assets.

Bayside, did a coroner issue a death certificate for your mother? I am wondering if the insurance was paid out when they got a death certificate.

In QLD, there is no 7 year rule. A coroner can find a person dead whenever he or she has sufficient information on which to base such a finding.

This usually requires:
an examination of the circumstances in which the missing person was last seen,
interviews with those who would expect to be in contact with the person were they still alive,
searches of bank accounts and the records of government departments with whom the missing person would be expected to have contact, and
consideration of whether there is any likely explanation for the person being missing other than that they are dead.

For example, the missing people in the Lockyer Valley floods were declared deceased by drowning by a coroner 18 months after the floods.

Death by natural events such as the floods are probably determined quicker because it is pretty clear they were washed away in the floods as there were witnesses.

So in the event of someone like Allison going missing I would guess it would still be a process that could take a couple of years at least but likely more.

Once a death certificate is issued following the coroners declaration of death, that can be given to an insurance company. The difficulty may be the cause of death is unknown and depending on the terms of the policy, if there were any exclusions the company may refuse to pay.

Sorry, again to quote myself but I wanted to say that the coronial process is used where the police refer the missing person to the coroner in cases of suspicious or accidental death. I imagine such would have been the case eventually if Allison's body was not found. I understand that the search for Allison followed the search pattern rules to "keep the coroner happy" as I think was supposed to have been said by a policeman involved in the search. Keeping the coroner happy was a reference to the situation if they didn't find a body.

There is also the ability for someone to make an application to the Supreme Court Of Queensland for a declaration of death where those entitled under the will or intestacy ( die without a valid will) of a person show that that person has been missing and not been heard from for a long time, and a grant of probate or letters of administration of the estate is sought on the basis that the missing person has died. The court requires sufficient evidence relating to the person’s disappearance to enable it to come to a conclusion that a grant is warranted. Any presumption of death that the court makes is rebuttable if evidence later shows the person to be alive. So in this case a death certificate is not issued but the Grant to administer the estate is sufficient to deal with the person's estate, including collecting life insurance.

The "7 year rule" was a rule at common law in many jurisdictions but whilst we don't have any time set in our legislation, it would still have to be a long time that the person has been missing. Each case would be decided on its own facts.

I didn't think to take any pictures.
Although it's close to my house. I did feel weird even driving around the area, but after visiting it now I know I am not interrupting anyone.
The creek is basically right at the edge of those trees, and it's not really were anyone would ever go walking/riding/horseriding etc.

I might jump in the car now and go and take a few photos of the area.

Thanks wakeskate, you're a gem.

I cannot understand anyone wanting to contribute to being a mistress.
All they are doing is meeting someone else's unmet needs, and living on false hope.
This was a good example of an outcome for a mistress.
Imagine all the caution that they would have to take.

Ok, here are some photos from the area.
Everything is commented on.

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg514/wakeskate/

After visiting the bridge site, I can see how the body could easily be dumped there, however the only spot were you can park is very open to traffic.
Not somewhere I would go to do it, but hey, I would never be in the position that the person who did this was in so it's hard to know what someone would do in that situation.

In my opinion the site off wirrabara road is ideal.
It's secluded. No body would visit the area.

Haven't been on this site for ages, but wanted to check out what was being said about the house being rented and if there were any updates on GBC settling in at Arthur Gorrie.

I looked at the pictures of the house and I actually thought it was very "interesting" - lot of different size rooms etc. The kitchen was tiny and obviously was not an "expensive" kitchen, the curtains in the main bedroom looked new and cheap, it all looked to me like a long term rental property - blinds do not fit the windows, no garden or landscaping in the front yard and the pavers looked like they needed a good clean. I feel for the owners though, i will be hard to rent in the short term. Our rental property was the site of a murder/suicide, albeit nearly 40 years ago, and when I have told our tenants they have laughed and made jokes about ghosts etc, time is the healer.

Has there been any update on GBC or his parents, or is it all very quiet now until the next court date?

After visiting the bridge site, I can see how the body could easily be dumped there, however the only spot were you can park is very open to traffic.
Not somewhere I would go to do it, but hey, I would never be in the position that the person who did this was in so it's hard to know what someone would do in that situation.

Thank you Wakeskate for all that trouble, I agree with your theory, very plausible!!

Be great if you also put these in the photo thread!

Thank you Wakeskate for all that trouble, I agree with your theory, very plausible!!

Be great if you also put these in the photo thread!

I didn't realise there was a photo thread.
Happy for them to be put into any other post.

Thank you for taking the time out to take such good shots. :yes:

Thank you so very, very much. We who are not near physically are near to you locals in other ways. :woohoo:

Thank you for taking the time out to take such good shots. :yes:

That is not a worry. I have time off work at the moment and it's good to get out of the house.

Oh, I also walked about a kilometre up the state forest trail to the small creeks that feed into Kholo creek.
There is absolutely no way someone carried the body all the way up there. Firstly there was no vehicle access to the road, and once you get onto it, it was quite a walk to anywhere even remotely suitable to hide a body.
The small creeks you can see on the map are up on the side of a hill, so it would have to be a lot of water to wash a body down to the creek.
The one thing that stood out on this path was the number of footprints and horse hooves along it. Must be very popular on weekends.
It also had a sign saying dogs are allowed. That would turn me off it straight away knowing people walked dogs up there.

That is not a worry. I have time off work at the moment and it's good to get out of the house.

Oh, I also walked about a kilometre up the state forest trail to the small creeks that feed into Kholo creek.
There is absolutely no way someone carried the body all the way up there. Firstly there was no vehicle access to the road, and once you get onto it, it was quite a walk to anywhere even remotely suitable to hide a body.
The small creeks you can see on the map are up on the side of a hill, so it would have to be a lot of water to wash a body down to the creek.
The one thing that stood out on this path was the number of footprints and horse hooves along it. Must be very popular on weekends.
It also had a sign saying dogs are allowed. That would turn me off it straight away knowing people walked dogs up there.

After all your walking and looking over the area, it will be of an advantage to you when the trail begins as you will be able to relate to it all.

Fantastic photos wakeskate, thanks so much for doing that for us. The private property thing has me intrigued though. Did you see any buildings in close proximity or just the gate with the sign? There is a buidling visible on Google maps but it is a bit further along Wirrabara Road.

It was mentioned a while back (can't remember if it was in the bail hearing affidavit or MSM) that GBC knew the area around where Allison's body was found and through Century 21 also managed a rental property there. Apparently the police had been called to the rental on a few occasions in regard to an eviction etc. I'm wondering if any of the properties close by to that parking area were now vacant, giving GBC the added security so to speak, of not being seen or heard?

I feel that there is every chance that GBC did dump Allison here. Little Ugly Creek bridge can be seen from the entrance to the parking area and I'm assuming that the creek that is accessible from the parking area would also be Little Ugly Creek? I keep being reminded that QPS stated that Allison was dumped where she was found at Kholo Creek. :banghead: Obviously they must have the proof to have charged GBC with interfering with a body at Kholo Creek and not Little Ugly Creek.

Roll on committal hearing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member