Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken about the TV station doing the blurring - definitely another layer of potential error there.

But that red arrow labelled as Allison is the original one on the Channel 10 screencap, and to me that doesn't look like a body - looks more like some debris, bits of old tree, similar to what the policeman standing below has one foot up on etc. I think the first couple of those pics show Allison just above the two pylons, with the diver at one pillar, and the other pillar with the policeman holding the end of the yellow tape. I think... ;)

That last pic is Makara's original Channel 10 one with the first pic overlaid at top right - but the overlaid one is Channel 7 which Makara put up later, and I think it shows the body above the pylons
Doc, I don't think that's a diver. I think it's a female detective, only because the pant legs are too wide for a wetsuit and the arms look more womanly.

There has been some confusion throughout the Threads about which photographs show the position of the body; this seems due to the different angles, sunlight angle with long shadow, etc. depending upon what time in the afternoon these photos were taken. We know the body was found around 11.30 am as reported in MSM. The sun would have been high in the midday sky at around that time and not casting such a long shadow. It may have taken a few more hours for the media to be allowed to photograph. We know that Police don't move the body until thoroughly examined forensically which looks like what is happening there. In my opinion, the first photo shows the body where it was found. It also looks like there is some kind of Police marker (white square) in the background that they sometimes use to mark locations of evidence etc. MOO.

Hi Fuskier, as far as I know when channel seven sent their chopper out it was close to the time of finding a body. Not sure how that goes with shadows etc but they were on scene very promptly. It was such a big story that the news were all over it pronto, with police info. Don't know about other channels though.IMO

Just my two cents after reading all of the interesting posts last night and today about where Allison may have been left...

I had to drive over the bridge twice today (the flowers and cross looked beautiful :)) and as I was driving I felt quite strongly that this murderer would not have stopped at or near the bridge. If the alleged murderer was anyone else then yes, I believe they may stop at or near the bridge in a panic. However, GBC and NBC would know this area very well, much better than the average person.

If you were aware of a better and more secluded spot nearby (eg up Wirraburra Rd) where you could park the car off the main road, you would take that option, right?

These people would know that area like the back of their hand I'm sure - through real estate and scouting. I also now believe that this is why they chose that area - familiarity. It seems too obvious and a silly choice on their part, but perhaps in their arrogance they didn't think she would be found for a looooong time - this is what I'm leaning towards. IMO
Thinking, why not go the other way and leave her in Mt Coot-tha? No scout connection. I walk throught there regularly and there are a thousand places that you could dump, roll a body down. Maybe just so pent up with adrenalin that he automatically drove to where he knew?

Would a canoist be able to see something in the vegetation up that high above the base of the pillar. I wonder how high the creek was at the time of discovery. Someone who knows tides perhaps could check it out for us.

I think the smell would have caught the canoeist attention (sorry its an awful thing to say)
My hubby has had to pull a couple of bodies out of the sea , its not good at all.

A few threads back someone posted the tidal movements

I think the smell would have caught the canoeist attention (sorry its an awful thing to say)
My hubby has had to pull a couple of bodies out of the sea , its not good at all.

A few threads back someone posted the tidal movements

Wasn't the canoeist after the geo cache under the bridge?

I just had a look again at some channel 7 video, link below and I am sure that at about 51 seconds the blue and black dressed "body" above the pylon base moves slightly. I think it is a policeperson bent over looking at something on the ground. Have a look Makara and see what you think. If it moves then it can't be Allison.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/29132300/body-found-in-baden-clay-search/

In that video they state that Allison was a dance teacher is that true?

I don't think the details of why the canoeist was there have been released. So we don't know if it was anything to do with geo cache. There was a suggestion it was an off duty searcher but could have been anyone having a paddle.

I just had a look again at some channel 7 video, link below and I am sure that at about 51 seconds the blue and black dressed "body" above the pylon base moves slightly. I think it is a policeperson bent over looking at something on the ground. Have a look Makara and see what you think. If it moves then it can't be Allison.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/29132300/body-found-in-baden-clay-search/

Thanks for the link alioop. I see what you mean but when I enlarged the video to full screen and played it frame by frame, it looks more like a blurring or rippling effect of the camera for a couple of seconds because everything else near that area also moves at the same time. That's not to say that it's not a QPS member we're seeing near the pylon but I didn't see whatever it is move at all in the video. It's all so frustrating isn't it? :banghead: Hopefully we will learn the full extent of exactly where Allison's body was found at Kholo Creek.

Thanks Makara. What do others think? I think I see movement just before the video cuts to something else. I think the person is wearing blue and has white gloves on.

From what I remember DarkShadow did some sleuthing and it turned out the kayaker in the geocache forum.... "the Torment of his find" was just finding the cache MOO

Thats also waaaay way back somewhere here.

From what I remember DarkShadow did some sleuthing and it turned out the kayaker in the geocache forum.... "the Torment of his find" was just finding the cache MOO

Thats also waaaay way back somewhere here.

My recollection is that the consensus was that whoever wrote about the Torment wasn't anything to do with Allison, just that when they were there they had a difficult time finding the geo cache.

I found this post ........
Sorry everyone, false alarm on the canoeist / kayaker...
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/gc2d7dc
Seems he WAS refering to the 'torment of his search', rather than the 'torment of his find'.
Oh well, back to the drawing board... after i catch some zzzz's that is

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

I just got home, and when I checked in here, I saw that Alioop had posted the link to the Ch 7 clip, so I looked at it several times, including in pause mode and framing back and forth. I think the object Makara pointed out is Allison, and that certainly seems to be the focus of attention of all the people under the bridge. If you look at where each of those people is looking, it is at that object just above the pylons, IMHO. And although I looked numerous times, frame by frame, I didn't see it move.....

None of those people seem to be looking BELOW the pylons - they're all looking in the direction of that black and grey object.

The other question as to whether or not a kyaker would see the body there: I think they would see a body, even right up there. The tides were a bit up anyway due to the rainfall - the river and creek levels were somewhat higher than they were when I was there a couple of days ago, for example. And even with the levels the way they were the other day, I still reckon she would have been seen even up there just above the pylons.

Those who have also been there may like to comment.

However, the fact remains that she WAS spotted, and the exact place is probably only relevant in terms of theories as to being placed there or washed there. And we have a quote from the SES person who said that under the bridge had already been checked and was clear previously....

The other factor that comes to mind is that higher up the bank, on that flood surge, there would be much more "regular" vegetation on which to get snagged, compared to the "normal" channel which is basically muddy and slippery. If she was washed down there on the flood, and snagged in some bushes which were temporarily under water, that, to me, seems more feasible than if she'd been lower down, in which case there would have been much more likelihood of being washed out into the main river.

Interesting though, isn't it? ;)

I do agree Doc that there seems to be people focusing on that area above the pylons in that video but that could be because they are interested in something else in that location such as some evidence but not actually the body.

To me, the black and grey area is not Allison because the "grey" is an almost exact match in colour to the gloves that the other policeman (standing at pylon on our left when viewing) is wearing and the odds that these are two different things that just happen to appear exactly the same colour under identical conditions (lighting etc) would have to be very slim. IMO.

Just to clarify, I think that the "grey pants" are the gloves of a policeman standing behind that pylon on the right.

Mystique good pick on the blue/grey gloves. There are several people wearing the same gloves, including 2 on the bridge and the man in the blue forensic suit with the white boots down in the mud picking at something with a stick. They probably all came out of the same box.

Mystique good pick on the blue/grey gloves. There are several people wearing the same gloves, including 2 on the bridge and the man in the blue forensic suit with the white boots down in the mud picking at something with a stick. They probably all came out of the same box.

:floorlaugh:

Actually alioop, I think Makara mentioned it as well, a page or so back. You're right, there are several people wearing the same gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member