Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the house looks very dated, I think it's impossible to tell what kind of 'housekeeper' Allison was from a few pics, and I don't think it matters. The house may have looked lovely with all their 'stuff' in it. When people move out of a home, there is usually a fair bit of a mess after all the packing and moving, especially on the carpets - I just think they weren't cleaned properly before those pics were taken (whenever that was)

I'm sure Enthralled didn't mean any disrespect with the 'domestically challenged' thing, though I have never read that anywhere, certainly not in any media reports. There were hints at depression being a factor, but again, that is rumour as far as we know.

Personally, I'd rather live in a character filled old Queenslander any day, rather than a modern tiny box, but then again, I'm the sort of weirdo that prefers a camping holiday to a 5 star hotel lol :)

Ditto...

Dr Watson, would it be possible that killing someone would produce a lot of adrenaline in a person and then that person would be working off adrenaline and not thinking straight? Does adrenaline give you extra strength that you wouldn't have usually?

Hi Tully :)

Yes to both. Killing somebody, especially if in a rage, is highly likely to raise the levels of adrenaline. And yes, people running on adrenaline would have extra strength, speed, etc. That's the basis for a lot of the so-called performance enhancing drugs, including good old caffeine - it triggers adrenaline secretion by the adrenals.

I would think that a truly psychopathic killer - and I'm speaking generally here, not referring to anyone in particular - would be so emotionless, especially if they'd killed before, that they may get little or no extra adrenaline surge. But certainly soldiers, sportsmen, fighters of all types, tend to "run on adrenaline". Part of the training in many of those areas is directed at controlling the adrenaline surges, or timing when you want them to occur. A lot of it is not normally under conscious control, but with training, it can be brought under control.

The classic example is "shooter's shake". An experience shooter, especially military ones, will be able to control the adrenaline, the breathing rate, and even the heart rate. A novice will get awful shakes, which get worse the harder they try to steady the weapon.

Hi Tully :)

Yes to both. Killing somebody, especially if in a rage, is highly likely to raise the levels of adrenaline. And yes, people running on adrenaline would have extra strength, speed, etc. That's the basis for a lot of the so-called performance enhancing drugs, including good old caffeine - it triggers adrenaline secretion by the adrenals.

I would think that a truly psychopathic killer - and I'm speaking generally here, not referring to anyone in particular - would be so emotionless, especially if they'd killed before, that they may get little or no extra adrenaline surge. But certainly soldiers, sportsmen, fighters of all types, tend to "run on adrenaline". Part of the training in many of those areas is directed at controlling the adrenaline surges, or timing when you want them to occur. A lot of it is not normally under conscious control, but with training, it can be brought under control.

The classic example is "shooter's shake". An experience shooter, especially military ones, will be able to control the adrenaline, the breathing rate, and even the heart rate. A novice will get awful shakes, which get worse the harder they try to steady the weapon.

So adrenaline could have worked for GBC the night he killed his wife and given him extra strength for lifting her out of the car. I joined a gun club when I was younger and it gave me a healthy respect for firearms. To shoot targets, the controlled breathing stills your mind as you have to focus and I never had the shakes.
Do the effects of adrenaline last a long time? Would GBC have been awake all night after he murdered Allison, running on adrenaline?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about electronic surveillance?

If the Police have a warrant, can they install bugs and listening devices? Do they have to inform the occupants of what they've done? If the Police capture incriminating evidence from phone calls or conversations within the house, can they use it in a Court of Law?

I would really like to think that the QPS installed such surveillance in the senior BC home and that they could legally use any evidence from these devices against GBC - but not sure.

The house looked dowdy and like it needed a coat of paint. The kitchen looks very small. MOO

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about electronic surveillance?

If the Police have a warrant, can they install bugs and listening devices? Do they have to inform the occupants of what they've done? If the Police capture incriminating evidence from phone calls or conversations within the house, can they use it in a Court of Law?

I would really like to think that the QPS installed such surveillance in the senior BC home and that they could legally use any evidence from these devices against GBC - but not sure.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/Documents/TableOffice/TabledPapers/2011/5311T5559.pdf

This might help.

How long does Luminol last? I remember seeing a movie where the in-laws believed the son-in-law had nothing to do with family murders until they stayed in the house overnight and where the police had sprayed luminol it showed all the blood smears and splashes when they turned off the lights to go to sleep. I think it may just have been a movie based on a true story. Just thinking about the BC rental property, that's all.

The Courier Mail just published a brief article on the house being listed for rent. The secret is out and I admit I do feel guilty for sharing this news. I feel bad for her family if people are saying negative things about her house. From the outside it looks really nice and it is the location they would have loved, being around the corner from the school,
so living with dated decor and a small kitchen was obviously worth it for her. She did a brilliant job making do, and her priorities were elsewhere, like with raising her kids. I think that says a lot about her character.

The Courier Mail just published a brief article on the house being listed for rent. The secret is out and I admit I do feel guilty for sharing this news. I feel bad for her family if people are saying negative things about her house. From the outside it looks really nice and it is the location they would have loved, being around the corner from the school,
so living with dated decor and a small kitchen was obviously worth it for her. She did a brilliant job making do, and her priorities were elsewhere, like with raising her kids. I think that says a lot about her character.

The house would have been full of singing and cooking smells. I am sure there would have been pirouettes and cheeky conversations.

Century 21 are showing new ads on TV here in SA. Saw the ad titled Why Call a Century 21 Agent (in this link) during prime time TV last night, thought of Allison right away when I saw their use of sunflowers in the ad. I choose to think of it as their tribute to her.

http://www.century21.com.au/advertisements/

Century 21 are showing new ads on TV here in SA. Saw the ad titled Why Call a Century 21 Agent (in this link) during prime time TV last night, thought of Allison right away when I saw their use of sunflowers in the ad. I choose to think of it as their tribute to her.

http://www.century21.com.au/advertisements/

Thanks for the link but it actually screamed of aggressive over paced viral marketing and disgusted me. Glad it made you think of Allison but souls aren't for sale. That is the point. MOO

Yes .... does scream of over paced viral marketing. By association Century 21 always makes me think of the whole horrible mess now.

How long does Luminol last? I remember seeing a movie where the in-laws believed the son-in-law had nothing to do with family murders until they stayed in the house overnight and where the police had sprayed luminol it showed all the blood smears and splashes when they turned off the lights to go to sleep. I think it may just have been a movie based on a true story. Just thinking about the BC rental property, that's all.

The Luminol itself lasts quite a while, but the reaction with the iron in blood etc only lasts for about 30 minutes or less. Also, it needs to be illuminated by "black light" i.e. UV light with the blue tint to it - as used to be used in discos etc. You remember - the light that showed up every bit of lint on your clothes and made your teeth look weird ;)

So unless there was fresh blood, and the Luminol hadn't been washed off or painted over, and somebody decided to go all retro and put up a UV light - i doubt it would be a problem :moo:

I feel ill after looking at the photos of the house, like everyone else here.
There's been over 1,000 views which is not surprising really.
What would it have taken for GBC to get a bucket with some sugar soap it and clean the walls down for his family. The booty calls were too pressing. Poor Allison, I think she was essentially a single parent doing everything on her own. He just wanted to drive around in flash cars with a yellow jacket so he could stand out like a beacon. MOO

Yes .... does scream of over paced viral marketing. By association Century 21 always makes me think of the whole horrible mess now.

I didn't mean to sound harsh. Interesting link, honestly. But yuk.

That's okay ..... wasn't thinking of the ad itself, more the Century 21/sunflower thing when I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ