Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the cable leading from one house to the Baden-Clays house (out the back to a garage?).....?

I have held off, I have felt so sorry for everybody's hell in this situation....but am gob smacked when there are no indications of some kind of growing consciousness in the person who has one chance to dedicate their assets to the health and recovery of their own brood. I am sorry for the Dickies. At a time when they need to nurture softness in their lives for the sake of survival, they are drawn into an adversarial theatre.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/09/05/baden-clay-dad-owns-daughters-estate/

5th September 2012 11:30 AM

<snipped>
Mr Dickie will be able to collect and pay the debt on his daughter's assests but he will not be able to withdraw any funds to help care for the children.

Does anyone know who is administering the monies that were collected through the fundraising for the girls? Do the Dickie's have access to this money now? Do they have to request distributions of the funds for specific items? Or do the Dickie's have direct access to the funds?

Something odd about this house sale. How could GBC apply to Australian Securities and Investments Commission on August 21 to have Mrs Baden-Clay removed as director and secretary of WOTS while his finances are still under investigation with forensic accountant??

Wouldn't all his finances & anything related to that, had some sort of block put on them to stop any forms of transactions taking place while being investigated??

I don't think that would be correct. Any assetts of the marriage will be owned by both of them regardless of whose name is on the title deed and her share will be part of her estate.
My mother in law passed away recently and her will stated her estate was to be 50% her husbands and 50% to be divided between her 4 children.
Her name was not on the Title deed and now it has her childrens names and her husbands names on it.

Sorry Karo, I meant it only in a basic sense because GBC was named beneficiary of her estate. Meaning he'd be entitled to all monies. (BUT obviously in this instance of a murder trial then things are very different). Do you get what I mean?

Edited to add: Definately does depend on who beneficiaries are. Since the will was made in 1997, prior to her having children, etc.

If a property didnt have Allison's name on it but had gbc in it with the rest of the clan, wouldnt "Allison" still be entitled to her share? after all she was his wife (poor thing)

Good thought, Enthralled. But I was thinking more along the lines of a property in the name of the BC Seniors. Or even one in joint name between NBC and GBC, or a third party entity such as yet another company. Was just thinking out loud, so to speak, and wondering where the money is coming from to pay for the defence.

The other side of it, the way I see it is, Geoff Dickie has won rounds 1 & 2 in one day. He now has the interim order to take control of her estate & the sale of the house will be stopped. Well done Geoff!!!

:fireworks2:

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/09/05/baden-clay-dad-owns-daughters-estate/

5th September 2012 11:30 AM

<snipped>

Does anyone know who is administering the monies that were collected through the fundraising for the girls? Do the Dickie's have access to this money now? Do they have to request distributions of the funds for specific items? Or do the Dickie's have direct access to the funds?

From memory & I'm not 100% sure so I'll check it out. But I think the trust fund was going to be adminstered by Allison's sister or brother & it was for the girl's education??

Appalling. There is no other word to describe the despicable actions of putting this property on the market. And it is next door to the Dickies. Thoughtless, selfish and even ruthless. In my opinion the value of the house could have been used as "equity" against the anticipated $500K cost of defense. This revelation really demonstrates to us all exactly how little of the machinations of this entire mess that we are privy to. Strength to the Dickies. Shame on the clan.

Something odd about this house sale. How could GBC apply to Australian Securities and Investments Commission on August 21 to have Mrs Baden-Clay removed as director and secretary of WOTS while his finances are still under investigation with forensic accountant??

Wouldn't all his finances & anything related to that, had some sort of block put on them to stop any forms of transactions taking place while being investigated??

Good point. Perhaps incarceration enables one to appoint a power of attorney (the BCs) who can still make decisions about property/assets that do NOT have the deceased's name on them as signatory? I really don't know. I have to say, though, that NBC knows a LOT about creative accounting and if it is at all possible to wipe off the current defence costs as "business deductions", then it shall be done.

Good point. Perhaps incarceration enables one to appoint a power of attorney (the BCs) who can still make decisions about property/assets that do NOT have the deceased's name on them as signatory? I really don't know. I have to say, though, that NBC knows a LOT about creative accounting and if it is at all possible to wipe off the current defence costs as "business deductions", then it shall be done.

I really don't know either but I would have thought all the financial side of it would be off limits to everyone while it was under forensics investigations.

If I recall correctly, NBC was also the financial advisor at one time or did he still wear that hat up until recent times??

Have any of the locals heard around the traps that the BCs have been protesting their son's innocence - following on from the discussion earlier today? MOO

Now it is becoming known that there are assetts of the marriage I am beginning to wonder again how many houses there might be, as it made very little sense for them to have debts and nothing to show for it especially for a real estate guy.

Hopefully the Forensic Accountant Investigators are hot on the trail of this one.

There may be assets, but what is unclear is if any mortgages are held over the property. Given the number of companies listed on ASIC involving either GBC, NBC, EBC or a combination thereof, all involved in property, real estate, finance or mortgages, it could well be that the house was purchased in the name of Allison and GBC, financed through another one of their funny set ups, and the big boys providing the capital are calling in the money given that the capacity for earnings in the BC clan has dropped significantly. And no TM around anymore to take up any slack.

I don't think the $10 a week from Corrective Services will cover the short fall, nor the pension fund of Nigelaine (actual name used on ASIC so no parody) which will have been eaten away by the 2008 GFC and the impacts of the Brisbane floods on the real estate market in the Greater Brisbane Area as well as the general downturn in house prices.

Tweet from Alison Sandy in the last hour:
What has Gerard Baden-Clay been up to in prison? Find out in tomorrow's @couriermail

Tweet from Alison Sandy in the last hour:
What has Gerard Baden-Clay been up to in prison? Find out in tomorrow's @couriermail

Presumably using his sister to do over his alleged victims estate for the benefit of his own family and to the detriment of his own children!!!

All IMO

Presumably using his sister to do over his alleged victims estate for the benefit of his own family and to the detriment of his own children!!!

All IMO

This latest revelation (the attempted sale of the Gold Coast property) makes my stomach churn. Good on the Dickies for standing up to protect Allison's (and her children's) interests. Thinking of them all.
MOO

I have held off, I have felt so sorry for everybody's hell in this situation... I am sorry for the Dickies. At a time when they need to nurture softness in their lives for the sake of survival, they are drawn into an adversarial theatre.

There could be another aspect, a more positive one, that acting to re-gain some control over Allison's estate gives a feeling of potency and control in this situation, by ensuring that all is not lost and protecting those assets for the future - in the event of a possible guilty verdict. IMO the Dickies have shown good judgement in taking this action.

There could be another aspect, a more positive one, that acting to re-gain some control over Allison's estate gives a feeling of potency and control in this situation, by ensuring that all is not lost and protecting those assets for the future - in the event of a possible guilty verdict. IMO the Dickies have shown good judgement in taking this action.

Good judgement, humility, kindness, restraint, and above all total selflessness. Such a sharp contrast to others involved.

Have any of the locals heard around the traps that the BCs have been protesting their son's innocence - following on from the discussion earlier today? MOO

Not sure about other locals, but from my point of view I have neither seen nor heard anything from them. Don't forget that the BC Seniors weren't really a part of the Brookfield "scene" like Allison and family were. With Allison sadly gone, and with GBC in the nick, the family is now talked about, but not heard from. At least from what I'm privy to. And bear in mind that I have one neighbor in particular who was VERY close to Allison, and was very involved in the organisation of the fund-raising event(s) - I would tend to get the local gossip quite readily.

Any other locals with different info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member