Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone was saying that he was going to get 100%.

Ah-ok, thanks NADS, I'm admittedly confused as to how the property was sold without the approval of Allisons brother, and have jumped to the conclusion that GBC was claiming 100% of the sale.

All MOO.

I just had a re read of some and possibility the sister in law may be Allison's sister.

As confirmed earlier his facebook is shut down and it appears his LinkedIn in account is closed as well. Anyone save a copy of the LinkedIn account? He had a contact on there I want to revisit.

BTW I haven't been commenting or liking because there has been some
awesome reading that has been time consuming but, like the early days, it has been great reading.Loving all the posts.

I know the 1% is a touchy subject but if I were a defence lawyer this would be my spin-
She harmed herself and he disposed of her to take away any shame to her family and daughters. He thought he was doing the right thing for Allison. You all know I do not believe any of that but that's all I could come up with. Unlikely as it is,

Something else that I don't understand is how gbc was able to send that letter to Australian Securities and investments commission?
I thought all mail to and from prisoners is screened by prison authorities.
The only way I thought it could be done was through the solicitors. If the solicitors transferred this letter from gbc to bc clan to send, that just proves they are just as pathetic as the bc clan. Lawyers are supposed to help protect people's rights. How on earth can they ignore the needs of the children all for the mighty dollar?

As I posted a couple of posts ago, I personally feel pretty certain GBC et al will file for bancruptcy very soon.

As per all their dealings and manouevers to date, I foresee it being strategically timed and executed down to the wire. I am almost sure that OW knows this already.

I do not believe he is even thinking about the children or their continued financial dependence - these are the actions of a drowning man and we will see these measures of desperation until every avenue financially for him and his team is exhausted.

I am sure that, in his own mind and mental state, that he feels that the children will be okay as they have a support network and the community at large batting for them.

Once again he has absolved himself of any responsibility.

Just MOO, FWIW.

Ah-ok, thanks NADS, I'm admittedly confused as to how the property was sold without the approval of Allisons brother, and have jumped to the conclusion that GBC was claiming 100% of the sale.

All MOO.

I think that is exactly how they have structured everything, not to confuse us, but to confuse the Australian Tax Office and accountants.

His first move was to deregister Allison as a company Director which gave him sole power over that particular company (remember there are many more). They may have even bought that company with money provided by Allison's brother and others involved, on which they may have been able to claim tax deductions whilst gearing the property.

So even though it may not have been his money per se, once Allison was murdered, and after he removed her from the directorship, through OW who has his power of attorney he could have put the house on the market. The share he would have been entitled to prior to Mr Dickie getting the order, would have been his share and Allison's share. Now he is only entitled to his share and Allison's share and her brothers would have to go to her estate and him respectively.

I think this is something what it may have looked like. And that is only one of the Baden C***'s companies. What a vile, low, unprincipled bunch of people.

All IMOO

I think that is exactly how they have structured everything, not to confuse us, but to confuse the Australian Tax Office and accountants.

His first move was to deregister Allison as a company Director which gave him sole power over that particular company (remember there are many more). They may have even bought that company with money provided by Allison's brother and others involved, on which they may have been able to claim tax deductions whilst gearing the property.

So even though it may not have been his money per se, once Allison was murdered, and after he removed her from the directorship, through OW who has his power of attorney he could have put the house on the market. The share he would have been entitled to prior to Mr Dickie getting the order, would have been his share and Allison's share. Now he is only entitled to his share and Allison's share and her brothers would have to go to her estate and him respectively.

I think this is something what it may have looked like. And that is only one of the Baden C***'s companies. What a vile, low, unprincipled bunch of people.

All IMOO

Thanks for the explanation - I was bamboozled by it, actually I still am- but that's because I can't get my head around anyone acting in such a callous manner...
Vile, low , unprincipled - how incredibly accurate.

All MOO.

I don't care if GBC was only after his share, it's wrong to underhandedly try to sell something like that, at a slash and burn price too, without other shareholders knowing. It's obviously a property the parents wanted to stay in the family for the future.

Business as usual, and I think that may be representative of how they did business!

Wonder what the changes to company details were on 21/6/12?

Edit - looks like change of address and business address. Wonder why though?

GBC was in jail on 21/6/12 so his address was probably changed to c/- The Arthur Gorrie Correctional Facility. :floorlaugh: Seriously though, the address was more than likely changed to OW's or Nigelaine's.

As confirmed earlier his facebook is shut down and it appears his LinkedIn in account is closed as well. Anyone save a copy of the LinkedIn account? He had a contact on there I want to revisit.

BTW I haven't been commenting or liking because there has been some
awesome reading that has been time consuming but, like the early days, it has been great reading.Loving all the posts.

I know the 1% is a touchy subject but if I were a defence lawyer this would be my spin-
She harmed herself and he disposed of her to take away any shame to her family and daughters. He thought he was doing the right thing for Allison. You all know I do not believe any of that but that's all I could come up with. Unlikely as it is,

BBM.

His Facebook and Linkedin acounts are closed but he still has his Twitter account. https://twitter.com/settlewestside with his 49 followers. One of whom is young Ian. It will be interesting to see how long it now takes for that to be closed as well.

I don't care if GBC was only after his share, it's wrong to underhandedly try to sell something like that, at a slash and burn price too, without other shareholders knowing. It's obviously a property the parents wanted to stay in the family for the future.

Business as usual, and I think that may be representative of how they did business!

It happens every day, properties/assets sold at far below market value - common in divorce cases and property settlements.

Do agree though, that this particular case is most unsettling due to its hineous nature (and that of the alledged purp lol)

https://creditorwatch.com.au/express/asic/organisation/096695546

The BC company World of Top Step had a number of changes made over the years by the look of this but there was a change of company details made on 8th June just 5 days before his arrest. Then other changes as previously mentioned whilst in jail. Very much business as usual' - puts a doubt over the need for him to be in the hospital wing of Arthur Gorrie for as long as he seemed to be. It keeps on getting even more bizarre IMO.

I hope that Mr Dickie can halt the sale. And if for some reason he can't, then would he be able to claim half the proceeds given that the house was bought while Allison was alive and a director? And what about Allison's brother? Would he be able to claim a portion of the proceeds?

I see that GBC has notified ASIC that Allison is deceased and therefore no longer a director - but could one of our legal experts clarify how that applies to assets bought while Allison was alive and a director? Would they form part of her estate? A share of all companies of which she was listed as a director?

We don't know what's in the financial records of the company that owns the house. MSM ( which Makara has confimed, thanks ) suggests GBC and Allison were directors and that Allison was removed as a director and company secretary following her death. This is usual practice but perhaps for different reasons than this situation. Probably GBC remains as sole director. Legally any personal power of attorney that he has given would not allow the attorney to make decisions or sign documents for the company or him in his capacity as a director. There would have to be a power of attorney by the company itself appointing say OW to sell the house. Wonder if they stuffed up there! Could be an avenue for overturning the sale.

We don't know what interest Allison's family had in the house. Did they lend money to the company to help fund the purchase? If they did then it would usually appear in the financials of the company as loans owing to them. They are then unsecured creditors of the company. Selling the house doesn't change the obligations of the company to its creditors or to its shareholders. We also don't know what other connections this company had to their other companies, they may all be intertwined and moneys may show in the financials as owing between companies. Also if any of the companies are trustees for trusts then that complicates it as well.

Now that Mr Dickie is administrator of Allison's estate, GBC through OW and his lawyers will have to co-operate with him to answer all these questions re the sale of the house as Allison's estate appears to have an interest as shareholder and maybe also creditor. If it has been sold at less than market value then that raises big concerns that will no doubt be addressed. Sounds like a contract has been signed but it probably hasn't settled yet. I expect Mr Dickie's lawyers will be wanted the proceeds of sale if the contract goes through to be frozen, probably in a lawyer's trust account or even paid to court if he has to make an application to the court, pending determination of who is entitled to them.

As I posted a couple of posts ago, I personally feel pretty certain GBC et al will file for bancruptcy very soon.

As per all their dealings and manouevers to date, I foresee it being strategically timed and executed down to the wire. I am almost sure that OW knows this already.

I do not believe he is even thinking about the children or their continued financial dependence - these are the actions of a drowning man and we will see these measures of desperation until every avenue financially for him and his team is exhausted.

I am sure that, in his own mind and mental state, that he feels that the children will be okay as they have a support network and the community at large batting for them.

Just MOO, FWIW.

yes, i agree about the bankrupcy, he just has to sell off any assets and make any profit disappear (possibly within the family) first, then he can happily declare himself bankrupt. he will be there for three years anyway and if found innocent can come out debt free!

https://creditorwatch.com.au/express/asic/organisation/096695546

The BC company World of Top Step had a number of changes made over the years by the look of this but there was a change of company details made on 8th June just 5 days before his arrest. Then other changes as previously mentioned whilst in jail. Very much business as usual' - puts a doubt over the need for him to be in the hospital wing of Arthur Gorrie for as long as he seemed to be. It keeps on getting even more bizarre IMO.

There was a change of address lodged on 8 June 2012 from the old Century 21office at Suite 324, 58 High Street Toowong QLD to the new address at 'Toowong Tower' Level 5, 9 Sherwood Road Toowong QLD. His current address is nowhere near as impressive! Someone should lock him in a bloody tower and through away the key! :maddening:

Just MOO, FWIW.

Given the recent info about the sale of the property (possibly) below market value (?), you could be right.

All MOO.

Hi Ali - you probably missed a question I posted a little while ago. It relates to the fact that GBC (+/- Allison) had acted as guarantor for somebody's loan of around $300,000 I seem to recall.

What is the legal status of that guarantee now that GBC is on remand, and Allison is deceased? Obviously it's not a true debt unless the borrower defaults, but I was wondering if the borrower may have a problem with the bank, having a prisoner as guarantor? Would the bank be likely to insist on finding a new guarantor?

And how may this impact on Allison's estate - does it have any liability if the borrower defaults?

Would appreciate your expert thoughts... ;)

Hi Ali - you probably missed a question I posted a little while ago. It relates to the fact that GBC (+/- Allison) had acted as guarantor for somebody's loan of around $300,000 I seem to recall.

What is the legal status of that guarantee now that GBC is on remand, and Allison is deceased? Obviously it's not a true debt unless the borrower defaults, but I was wondering if the borrower may have a problem with the bank, having a prisoner as guarantor? Would the bank be likely to insist on finding a new guarantor?

And how may this impact on Allison's estate - does it have any liability if the borrower defaults?

Would appreciate your expert thoughts... ;)

DW, I'm not trying to answer for Alioop but this may be of interest and IMO is the $300,000 you refer to. From what I recall reading it was Allison's money that was used to purchase the Gold Coast property. Money she had prior to marrying FW.

Certainly the couple were facing new challenges in 2008 relocating the family real estate firm to more expensive premises in a bid to ramp up the business.
That same year a house they owned at the Gold Coast through their company Wots World of Top Step was listed as having been mortgaged and late last year they took out a $300,000 mortgage through another family company.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nati...#ixzz23fpuR4Uo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members