Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bizarre you post this picture now as I was just rethinking about the "scratches". Sorry if you've all done this to death but I am still puzzled and I find this forum a bit time-consuming to read. So far GBC seems to have claimed 2 reasons for the scratches on his face:

1. A fall
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/29087181/police-search-husbands-office-for-clues/

2. Razor cuts
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...tIDYBg&usg=AFQjCNHMTC_ssCf1kw5--ouE61-x_iEBlA
and
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/356789/20120627/gerard-baden-clay-murder-court-news.htm#.UEiFW8FlTsY

AND 2 reasons for the scratches on his neck, chest and armpits:

1. Self-inflicted
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/29087181/police-search-husbands-office-for-clues/

2. Caterpillar incident
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ard-badenclay-denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html

Lying much? Aside of all of the other banter we've been fed, I think his legal team is going to have a tough time convincing a jury that GBC is honest. All IMHO :moo:

Checkoutchik, I wonder if caterpillars can take the fifth???

Wouldn't you think the agent would have thought it was strange when they did the property search that is came up as a company that owned it, and then when maybe OW had to signs the contract, he would have looked into it a bit more, unless they have been living under a rock and did not know about the case... Maybe the agent is associated with BC family.... I also can't understand how ASIC would process documents to make changes to director details considering the current investigations. However with a company the shareholders are the owners, not the directors. :twocents::twocents:

Agent would only have been able to see the dollars of the commission generated by the sale of the property. There would be no obligation for them to have a moral compass. I don't know however, if there is some sort of offense being made if they knowingly sell a property significantly under market value. There must have been a for sale sign on the property for a while hence the urgency and timeliness of Mr Dickies application to the court.

Checkoutchik, I wonder if caterpillars can take the fifth???

:floorlaugh: Most likely be a loophole somewhere! I hope it's one of those rashes that keeps rearing it's ugly head and itching the crap out of him. All said in the nicest way and MOO MOO

Unfortunately there are ways to make contracts unconditional I think (like the ones at auction), so possibly if they were trying to get away with it quickly they would have made sure of it.

Really do hope no though and that it can be reversed.

Well surrrprise, surrprise! The realtor who is handling the sale of the Gold Coast property is Facebook friends with a Managing Director of Century 21 Five Star Properties, the property management department of Century 21 Coastal and last but not least, the daughter-in-law of Toni Mchugh. Small world huh?

Oh my, things are getting curiouser and curiouser. Time to call Alison Sandy??

I hope that there is no fraud here - seems too cosy for my liking - it is a very serious offence to divest a deceased estate and thwart the rightful heirs. Just how planned was this whole disgusting saga? Seems like a lot of planning might have occurred prior to 19/4/2012.

This sale should be stopped as there apparently a lot of questions to be answered. Hopefully QPS, ASIC and ATO will take a long hard look at all the parties who have anything to do with this property.

Yes, it would be good to talk to Alison Sandy and put all this out in the open.

Great sleuthing Makara.:woohoo:

Thanks KG1 but it can be argued that those mentioned are all in the real estate industry and probably have crossed paths at some stage. Even so, it all seems just a little incestuous to me. :what:

I understand that the company World Of Top Step P/L took out or provided security for a loan for $335,000 (I don't know who from, maybe a bank) and gave a mortgage over the Paradise Point property as security for that loan. GBC and Allison as directors of the company gave personal guarantees ( probably joint and several) for the loan as is normal practice for loans to companies.

I just did a title search and the mortgage is to St George Bank so that is where the money was borrowed from. The mortgage was registered on the title in Dec 2008.

I just did a title search and the mortgage is to St George Bank so that is where the money was borrowed from. The mortgage was registered on the title in Dec 2008.

Thanks Alioop, you're a genius! :rocker: So this would mean that WOTS P/L really are in debt to St. George Bank and it's not just a beat-up on paper? Even so, half of what the company borrowed should only be allocated to his name as one of the two shareholders of the company. That would reduce his so called million dollar debt by just over $150,000?

I'm really concerned about the prosecution stating that GBC allegedly murdered Allison because he was in debt to the tune of a million dollars. IMO that is not the reason why he murdered her at all and I feel the defence will tear this one apart.

Makara you are the queen of the searches , not me! I don't know what GBC's motive is, if he is guilty of murder, but he and Allison were in dire financial difficulties, no doubt about that.

Edit, I think that the prosecution are saying that together he and Allison were in debt of about $1M.

September 07, 2012

THE secret sale of an investment property bought for Allison Baden-Clay and her brother cannot be stopped by her family despite father Geoff Dickie being appointed administrator of her estate.
The Courier-Mail revealed yesterday that Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, who is accused of her murder, secretly sold the Gold Coast nest egg from his prison cell at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.
It's understood he legally did this by writing to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and advising them that his wife was no longer alive, making him sole director of the company World of Top Step Pty Ltd, which owned the property.
Baden-Clay said in court documents lodged in the Supreme Court earlier this year that: "In essence, Allison and I jointly own the property with her brother and his wife."
Despite not informing his in-laws first, Baden-Clay this week facilitated the sale of the three-bedroom house, which he estimated was worth $400,000 to $450,000, according to Supreme Court documents.
In an affidavit lodged in court, Mrs Baden-Clay's father, Geoff Dickie, said he became concerned that the advertising of the property for sale by auction on September 16 meant, "Gerard is taking steps to dispose of an asset in which Allison's estate may have an interest".

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...om-going-through/story-fndo1yus-1226466805357

Thanks for this Marly but it is a total piss-off. :furious:

September 07, 2012

THE secret sale of an investment property bought for Allison Baden-Clay and her brother cannot be stopped by her family despite father Geoff Dickie being appointed administrator of her estate.
The Courier-Mail revealed yesterday that Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, who is accused of her murder, secretly sold the Gold Coast nest egg from his prison cell at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.
It's understood he legally did this by writing to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and advising them that his wife was no longer alive, making him sole director of the company World of Top Step Pty Ltd, which owned the property.
Baden-Clay said in court documents lodged in the Supreme Court earlier this year that: "In essence, Allison and I jointly own the property with her brother and his wife."
Despite not informing his in-laws first, Baden-Clay this week facilitated the sale of the three-bedroom house, which he estimated was worth $400,000 to $450,000, according to Supreme Court documents.
In an affidavit lodged in court, Mrs Baden-Clay's father, Geoff Dickie, said he became concerned that the advertising of the property for sale by auction on September 16 meant, "Gerard is taking steps to dispose of an asset in which Allison's estate may have an interest".

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...om-going-through/story-fndo1yus-1226466805357

"6.20am: Police allege Mr Baden-Clay sent a text message to Mrs Baden-Clay saying: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G"
6.41am: A second text message was reportedly sent saying "Al, getting concerned. Where are you? The app doesn't say either? [Two children] now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call! Love G".
7.09am: Police allege Mr Baden-Clay searched the term 'self incrimination' on the internet.
7.14am: It is alleged Mr Baden-Clay accessed the Queensland Police Service home page.
7.15am: Mr Baden-Clay called triple-0.
8.30am: Uniformed police arrive at the home in response to the triple-0 call
9.34am: Police allege Mr Baden-Clay searched 'psychiatrists Brisbane West' on his phone."

I have to admit I'm still a bit confused as to why GBC would have been searching 'psychiatrists Brisbane West" that morning. Are we assuming he did this while the police were there, perhaps trying to be "helpful" and "look for" Allison's psychiatrist or...? Or trying to set up an insanity defence?

Thanks for this Marly but it is a total piss-off. :furious:

I think Geoff Dickie's lawyers will have their work cut out with all of this & they're just going to have to find some sort of loophole in the mess GBC has created.

As mentioned earlier, settlement date isn't for another three weeks so hopefully the lawyers find that loophole before then.

What would be the point in him wanting to file for bankruptcy? I have no idea on the finance side of things so I'm sure there are benefits, but I can only see one massive negative: not being able to fund his legal defense. Can anyone explain why he would want to be bankrupt?

I wonder if there would be a way to stop the sale by some loophole regarding his personal situation (ie, being charged with the now ex-company secretary's murder, providing false address, etc?)

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. What did he think would happen? No one would find out? Or care? ABC's bro wouldn't mind?? I just don't get it. Doesn't make sense to me. Think there's a LOT more to this than is currently known.

Thanks Makara..well done!!...there just had to be a connection somewhere!!. Now I'd like to know who the supposed buyer was...another connection??

I have a gut feeling that there is connection with the buyer. This will be a difficult one to decipher because apparently the contracts have not yet been exchanged so no information is available on the buyer. If the buyer is just Mr. Joe Blogs off the street, he's picked up a bargain, apparently paying around $400,000 for a property valued at over $600,000. The investment potential for that property is enormous.

If on the other hand the buyer is one of the clan hiding under the umbrella of one of their companies, it shows that they are just money hungry igits only wanting a fast buck to finance jail bird Gerry's legal bills. And why does he have such high legal bills? Because he murdered his wife. Allegedly.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member