Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A HUGE thank you Ally! Your input & knowledge has been priceless to us sleuthers.

Waiting waiting.......dehydrating

Hanging in there for Allison

Watch out for those caterpillars, those little suckers can really put you away for a loooong time, eh? Oooh the damage they can do!
Bloody crazy.

One thought I had about the blonde hair stuck in Allison's blood in the car. We know she had her hair coloured that Thursday night. We also know that they had the captiva new for only a few weeks. I wonder if that was the first time Allison had had her hair coloured since they got the car. If it was, and if they can prove that it was newly coloured hair, then that has to pretty strong evidence that the blood and hair in the car was from that night and not on a prior occasion.

I stretch out getting my hair coloured at the hairdresser to about every 8 weeks to keep the cost down. Maybe Allison did too. Her hairdressers will have a record of her appointment and probably keep a card for her with what they do to her hair each time like mine does.

One thought I had about the blonde hair stuck in Allison's blood in the car. We know she had her hair coloured that Thursday night. We also know that they had the captiva new for only a few weeks. I wonder if that was the first time Allison had had her hair coloured since they got the car. If it was, and if they can prove that it was newly coloured hair, then that has to pretty strong evidence that the blood and hair in the car was from that night and not on a prior occasion.

I stretch out getting my hair coloured at the hairdresser to about every 8 weeks to keep the cost down. Maybe Allison did too. Her hairdressers will have a record of her appointment and probably keep a card for her with what they do to her hair each time like mine does.

From memory, I think they'd had the Captiva around eight weeks prior to Allison's death. There's quite a lot way back in earlier threads re the hair colour ...Allison's natural hair colour was red. I recall saying because she'd had her hair coloured that night it may have been the reason the hair was sent away for further analysis....to determine that colourant had been applied.

From that same report...even though, to date, we know very little of the actual evidence police have on GBC, in my opinion, no matter which way anyone tries to turn it, the following is one of the most damning pieces of evidence...

On April 30, when a body was found by a passing canoeist under the Kholo Creek bridge, Baden-Clay was allegedly back on his phone.

In their court affidavit, police say Baden-Clay allegedly had his financial adviser call about Allison's life insurance policy, letting the company know there was a pending claim. He did this, police told the court, before the body had even been identified.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

From memory, I think they'd had the Captiva around eight weeks prior to Allison's death. There's quite a lot way back in earlier threads re the hair colour ...Allison's natural hair colour was red. I recall saying because she'd had her hair coloured that night it may have been the reason the hair was sent away for further analysis....to determine that colourant had been applied.

Now I'm confused, was it eight weeks before they found Allisons body?

Now I'm confused, was it eight weeks before they found Allisons body?

Allison went "missing" on 19th April...her body was found 11 days later on 30th April.

Allison & GBC had the Captiva for eight weeks prior to 19th April.

From that same report...even though, to date, we know very little of the actual evidence police have on GBC, in my opinion, no matter which way anyone tries to turn it, the following is one of the most damning pieces of evidence...

On April 30, when a body was found by a passing canoeist under the Kholo Creek bridge, Baden-Clay was allegedly back on his phone.

In their court affidavit, police say Baden-Clay allegedly had his financial adviser call about Allison's life insurance policy, letting the company know there was a pending claim. He did this, police told the court, before the body had even been identified.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

Referring to the bolded wording, I understand that the actual wording in the court brief is "prior to a confirmed identification of the deceased". My guess is that he ( and Allison's family) had been told by police that the body they found was believed to be Allison. But either way shortly after being advised of this, there was action by him to pursue the insurance claim.

Referring to the bolded wording, I understand that the actual wording in the court brief is "prior to a confirmed identification of the deceased". My guess is that he ( and Allison's family) had been told by police that the body they found was believed to be Allison. But either way shortly after being advised of this, there was action by him to pursue the insurance claim.

Just what any grief stricken husband would do :waitasec:

Orignally by Cyansea
Paul Steven Haigh
...On 19 April 2011, at a hearing before Victorian Court of Appeal justices Peter Buchanan, Geoffrey Nettle and Emilios Kyrou, Haigh won the right to have his sentence reviewed to determine whether he should be entitled to parole.
The 54-year-old has argued that he should be given a minimum term on his life-with-no-parole sentence for the murder of six people, including a 10-year-old boy. Haigh told the court he is a changed man who should not be denied his freedom... Excuse me but words fail me right now.

Just a brief follow up:
www.heraldsun.com.au
Serial killer Paul Steven Haigh refused minimum term refused by Paul Anderson, December 13, 2012 11:24AM
Crown prosecutor Peter Rose, SC, had told the court that Haigh had committed "the worst combination of murders one could get in this state", and should therefore never be released. In less than thirty seconds ... Justice David Beach ... said the mass killer's bid was refused. In this case our legal system appears to be working.

Was planning to attend tomorrow's hearing but the law list is confusing. Most applications to the Supreme Court are listed for 10 AM but Baden-Clay matter is listed for 14:15 AM.

Does this mean it's happening at 2:15PM and the AM is a typo?

Alioop, are you able to shed any light?

Al we are all still here, watching and waiting.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1355403390.192648.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1355403390.192648.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 9
Was planning to attend tomorrow's hearing but the law list is confusing. Most applications to the Supreme Court are listed for 10 AM but Baden-Clay matter is listed for 14:15 AM.

Does this mean it's happening at 2:15PM and the AM is a typo?

Alioop, are you able to shed any light?

Welcome Eclair, yes, that is a bit unusual. I think it is listed for 2.15pm which means the court has given it its own time for hearing rather than just go into the general callover list where no one knows exactly how long it will take before it is heard. My guess is the court administration did that so that the media and other interested people wouldn't clog up the callover and sit around the court room and corridors waiting all morning.They can just show up at 2.15pm by which time most of the other matters on the callover list would be over with. Quite a good idea really as it reduces disruption to every one else's matter.

For anyone going it will be at the Supreme Court, not the magistrate's court where all the committal mentions have been.

Welcome Eclair, yes, that is a bit unusual. I think it is listed for 2.15pm which means the court has given it its own time for hearing rather than just go into the general callover list where no one knows exactly how long it will take before it is heard. My guess is the court administration did that so that the media and other interested people wouldn't clog up the callover and sit around the court room and corridors waiting all morning.They can just show up at 2.15pm by which time most of the other matters on the callover list would be over with. Quite a good idea really as it reduces disruption to every one else's matter.

For anyone going it will be at the Supreme Court, not the magistrate's court where all the committal mentions have been.

Thanks Alioop. I'm just hoping that there won't be any disruption tomorrow, as in another bomb threat etc. I'm also optimistic the magistrate will see fit to deny bail.
crossedfingers.jpg

I'm suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight! :banghead: The anticipation is getting to me.

Thanks Alioop. I'm just hoping that there won't be any disruption tomorrow, as in another bomb threat etc. I'm also optimistic the magistrate will see fit to deny bail.
crossedfingers.jpg

I'm suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight! :banghead: The anticipation is getting to me.

Have to think there are too many factors against it, if anything more than last time. :twocents:

Regarding the new bail hearing...

Last time, a lot of info was submitted by the prosecution.
Is it likely new evidence will be presented by the prosecution at the new bail hearing?

When is the new bail hearing scheduled for?

I think there will be an updated brief to the court filed by the prosecution. I think that a different judge will hear it but he/she will have read the previous material that was filed by both prosecution and defence. So I think that the updated brief will contain a summary of the further evidence that the police obtained after the last bail hearing, including the most important forensic results such as was the blonde hair stuck in Allison's blood in the car hers and also if it was freshly coloured. If they can prove it, that is damning evidence that she was bleeding and in the car that night and that it likely occurred during the transport of her body to the creek/bridge. It may also refer to witness evidence.

The prosecution don't actually have to prove anything for the purposes of the bail hearing, just to demonstrate the seriousness of the evidence and that the accused should remain in jail so there is no risk of him not showing up to his committal and trial and that he can't interfere with witnesses.

Given that the committal is only 3 months away, I think that it would be very risky for a judge to grant bail because of those reasons. Being out of jail for Christmas is not a consideration for granting bail.

I think there will be an attempt by the defence to counter some of the evidence and show some inconsistencies in the evidence, but my guess is that the judge will be of the view that those issues can be tested at the committal and will not grant bail. It is only 3 more days til we will know.

Keeping fingers crossed we get a good outcome and he stays behind bars.
Wonder if OW will be going to this Bail Hearing, I'm guessing she would as she went to the first.
Found this:

https://twitter.com/renaehenry10/status/279060791322370049

Can't really find out anything else about this. I'm so nervous and will be anxiously awaiting the outcome, but confident it will be a good one for the Dickies and the girls.....we are all waiting.
So new information being released by the Prosecution, 17 new Affidavits & Exhibits according to Renae Henry from Channel 10.
If anyone can shed further light on this?
:behindbar:denied:

Attachments

• 2ndbailhearing.PNG
    2ndbailhearing.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 17
I really,really hope to be around my computer when the time comes today.
If I can I will keep an eye on twitter.

Here's one - TEN News Queensland‏@tennewsqld

RT @renaehenry10: 17 new affidavits & exhibits have been filed ahead of Gerard Baden-Clay's second bail hearing tomorrow

I will be in total disbelief and shock if they let him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld