Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With reference to CC's post, about the affair being what is "worse", you could be right, but how skewed of them to think that the revelation of an affair is "worse" than a murder.
Like LB1, I cant get my head around it.

resctfully snipped
"When The Truth outs eventually, wonder if that Moral Outrage will extend to all those directly involved, and not only those revolting and salacious media on the periphery attempting to blacken the double-barrelled heritage."

Brilliantly said!!!!!

Sorry OT.... Anyone here follow the Kapunda case?
It was the case that bought me to Websleuths.
Even if you didn't follow I found this article about said case a somewhat confronting but very good article to read.

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/component/content/article/10/9116-kapunda-catching-a-killer.html

Thank you for this article Curiousasacat. This was a case I followed and it would be one of the most horrific crimes that Australia has seen. Still, he has never confessed, and if he reaches his release date, he will only be 54 or 55 years, provided he serves the full sentence of 35 years. It is my belief that he will always be a threat at any age.

I have never gotten my head around these words. There is something "not right" about the sincerity of same.
First time I read these words I had to first check they were actually spoken by a family member and not a show-person charlatan.
Then a slow feeling of revulsion at the sheer hideousness of what I was reading.
The whole epistle is laced with falsities.
Nowhere did anyone witness crocodile tears. Excepting from members of one family.
The public shared great and grave concern.
They searched leaving no stone unturned whilst the one family did nothing.
The entire epistle leaves me with a feeling of dread, and feeling we are looking at false persons who wish above all else to come out innocent. And THAT is more important than Allison. who has been cruelly and callously murdered.
The whole thing appears to be a DECOY.
Is there anything worse to come? Except truths.

Article is disturbing to read ...... "Mr Walton - who is married to Mr Baden-Clay's sister, Olivia - also told how the family had made a collective decision to remain quiet.
"Please do not put your trust in what you read and do not lose faith at this time.
"We have decided not to speak publicly to the media and to grieve in private."

Putting this on Facebook is not exactly 'remaining quiet', but a vain attempt to reach out to the 'Public' (Police and Media are the 'culprits' in doing their job)......must have been very difficult for him to accept that he had become embroiled in a murder investigation.

With reference to CC's post, about the affair being what is "worse", you could be right, but how skewed of them to think that the revelation of an affair is "worse" than a murder.

You have to wonder what his religious beliefs really are huh? What does he teach his followers and children. Scary!

I know what you are saying and I agree. Seems Adam (the brother) did the best thing he could have when he moved to the other side of the world.

Article is disturbing to read ...... "Mr Walton - who is married to Mr Baden-Clay's sister, Olivia - also told how the family had made a collective decision to remain quiet.
"Please do not put your trust in what you read and do not lose faith at this time.

Putting this on Facebook is not exactly 'remaining quiet', but a vain attempt to reach out to the 'Public' (Police and Media are the 'culprits' in doing their job)......must have been very difficult for him to accept that he had become embroiled in a murder investigation.

IMO just a gormless twit doing what gormless twits do
Jump on the double-barrelled bandwagon and get manipulated
IMOIMOIMOIMO

Thank you for this article Curiousasacat. This was a case I followed and it would be one of the most horrific crimes that Australia has seen. Still, he has never confessed, and if he reaches his release date, he will only be 54 or 55 years, provided he serves the full sentence of 35 years. It is my belief that he will always be a threat at any age.

You're welcome. I knew some of you would have appreciated it. I went back to the forum and it appears the house is for sale : (
JD has to be some sick kid. It's a crime I'll never forget.So terrifying this could happen to such a normal family.

Sorry guys for the :eek:fftopic: post.

You're welcome. I knew some of you would have appreciated it. I went back to the forum and it appears the house is for sale : (
JD has to be some sick kid. It's a crime I'll never forget.So terrifying this could happen to such a normal family.

Sorry guys for the :eek:fftopic: post.

Terrifying indeed. In 'country' terms, occasionally you'd get what Poppa called 'a wrong un' in a litter. To prevent them passing on the wrong genes, they used to shoot them. IMO

Just posted this over in the Jill Meagher thread, but I think the principle applies to this case as well as many others. So please excuse the cross-posting, Mods.

Article from MSM today:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/victorian-chief-commissioner-ken-lay-to-meet-facebook-rep/story-e6frg6nf-1226550280505

Victorian Chief Commissioner Ken Lay to meet Facebook rep

January 09, 2013 12:07PM

VICTORIA'S top policeman will meet with Facebook over concerns the site's users incite hatred and undermine the criminal justice system.

Chief Commissioner Ken Lay will meet with the head of Facebook Asia today following his concerns that hate pages could have threatened the high-profile prosecution of Adrian Ernest Bayley, the Melbourne man accused of raping and murdering Melbourne woman Jill Meagher last year.

"It's my understanding that some Facebook management were a little concerned about my comments about the ethics of Facebook so they were keen to meet with me and put their point of view," Mr Lay told Fairfax Radio today.

Mr Lay, who described some of the comments posted regarding the Jill Meagher case as "absolute garbage", said he was pleased the social media site would meet with him.

"I need to understand how we can hold Facebook to account when I believe they act inappropriately," he said.

Mr Lay said it was difficult to enforce laws when much of Facebook's content was managed offshore.
More at the link above.

I think they still aren't coming to terms with the way things are in 2013. It's not really that much different from hate mobs in the street in front of courtrooms. Happening in India for the trial of the accused gang rapists there. This whole thing about suppressing names, faces, comments, etc is way behind the times, and I doubt that it achieves anything in terms of a fairer trial. I think the guidance of a good judge is worth a lot more to the jury, than trying to ban public comments.

Of course, if, as Ken Lay suggests, the comments are completely inaccurate and plain wrong, then rather than try to suppress them, maybe they need to get onto the social sites themselves and simply correct any distortions so that all comments relate to the facts and the truth.

I'm no expert in the legalities of things like that, but it just seems to me that the whole judicial system is still stuck in the 1800s and hasn't yet come to grips with the 21st century and its communications technology. It's only going to get worse.

Another decoy?

Revelations about the affair should take the heat off the murder, (including any suspicions of the husband) and replace with something else a little "more palatable."
Should keep media fully occupied for a good while.
Everything in the beginning seemed to be about Buying Time.

The "revelation" was only a revelation for the public. Appears the entire BC family knew of, condoned, and welcomed the "affair" as normal all along. I expect that means the Walton family too.
The real estate mob placed nice pictures and nice write ups of the (naughty) pair at the top of their advertising, and then unflattering pictures with unflattering words of Allison at the bottom of their PR spiels. Like as if Allison was an unnecessary un-required and unwanted afterthought.
If TM was helping with the flood clean-up within the home, working together with and along side family members, of course they included her in the family.

Then they all saw fit to go jaunting off on a family holiday, at a most critical time. Illicit girlfriend included. Anybody who has had to organize a funeral realizes the vast amount of preparation that goes into that. There is no time even to grieve until after it is all over. Then, one may grieve privately.

IMOIMOIMOIMO

Good idea that you tempered it so ............ for websleuthers, like the Media and as part of the 'court' of public opinion we need to remember that he thinks that the Media have 'NO regard for Allison or her family - despite their 'crocodile tears' for Allison'. The family still need to be treated with some respect ......... until proven otherwise. Slowly, proof is emerging and justice is in the right direction of being done.

IMOIMOIMOIMO

I had to look up gormless in the dictionary. This same "gormless" person had a twitter account going well after all this, where he was very vocal about all things political, and some things social. He also was professing a supposed allegiance to family and his religion. I was surprised and shocked about what appeared to be pontifications and self advertising. Not because he is a so called pastor, but because I thought he would be in a grief state over a murdered close family member.

Good idea that you tempered it so ............ for websleuthers, like the Media and as part of the 'court' of public opinion we need to remember that he thinks that the Media have 'NO regard for Allison or her family - despite their 'crocodile tears' for Allison'. The family still need to be treated with some respect ......... until proven otherwise. Slowly, proof is emerging and justice is in the right direction of being done.

Absolutely agree.
The wheels of justice also grind slow for good reason much of the time.
Process is there to protect those accused who may be innocent, and convict those found beyond reasonable doubt to have committed a crime.

I had to look up gormless in the dictionary. This same "gormless" person had a twitter account going well after all this, where he was very vocal about all things political, and some things social. He also was professing a supposed allegiance to family and his religion. I was surprised and shocked about what appeared to be pontifications and self advertising. Not because he is a so called pastor, but because I thought he would be in a grief state over a murdered close family member.

Agree LB, by any normal standard it certainly appears the state of grief was at least merely passing, if not sprinting past the post....IMOIMOIMO

"must have been very difficult for him to accept that he had become embroiled in a murder investigation."

Unless he was part of it.
I do not mean disposing of a body or interfering with a corpse.
But I do mean, he has been married long enough to understand some of the machinations of this family.
And I do not mean in the same manner as Allison was systematically destroyed over a considerable time. She was discarded in life before she was murdered.
Some call this "gaslighting."

The other strange thing is this: Everything of which he accuses everybody else of doing, seems to be directed right back to himself and/or the family.

Crocodile tears, (Please Allison, we need you home)
salacious lies....
I had to look that up too. Never heard the word before.
Salacious - suggestive of or tending to moral looseness;
having an excessive interest in sex
erotic, bawdy, or lewd

So I was a bit gob-smacked about getting it first hand.

Agree LB, by any normal standard it certainly appears the state of grief was at least merely passing, if not sprinting past the post....IMOIMOIMO

Yes, the state of grief was sprinting past the post indeed.
It's like "It's all over now." Time to get on with the show.
The whole thing seems to be some form of charade.

"must have been very difficult for him to accept that he had become embroiled in a murder investigation."

Unless he was part of it.
I do not mean disposing of a body or interfering with a corpse.
But I do mean, he has been married long enough to understand some of the machinations of this family.
And I do not mean in the same manner as Allison was systematically destroyed over a considerable time. She was discarded in life before she was murdered.
Some call this "gaslighting."

The other strange thing is this: Everything of which he accuses everybody else of doing, seems to be directed right back to himself and/or the family.

Crocodile tears, (Please Allison, we need you home)
salacious lies....
I had to look that up too. Never heard the word before.
Salacious - suggestive of or tending to moral looseness;
having an excessive interest in sex
erotic, bawdy, or lewd

So I was a bit gob-smacked about getting it first hand.

This is quite deep and full of meaning .......... I get it ...... as I feel sure others do too, but unfortunately will escape many others. Wonder where he learned it, but hopefully he will stop it.

is it possible the depression medication allison was taking could have made her a little bit vague and seemingly silly or drunk at times and gbc used the expression fallen down a hole or rabbit hole (alice in wonderland) to describe this to the girls, like "silly mummy has fallen into a hole! we dont know when she is coming back" and the morning she was missing, it could have been a carry on of that, "silly mummy fell into a hole (over medicated again) " so the girls went to school as usual not thinking anything out of the ordinary. with allisons increasing depression it could have been a regular thing.
didnt someone say they say allison in a shopping centre looking spaced out and sad?
poor allison, how sad and lonely she must have felt, her lovely spirit beaten down, nobody knowing what she went home to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro