Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a few posters here confessing to being "a little bit in love" with DS Ainsworth... Seems you have good taste in detectives!

I realllly don't like quoting my own posts...however...I confess...lol..:blushing:

marlywings said:
A lot of folks on here love Hawkins...I love Inspector Ainsworth .....apologies to Hawkins...lol.

Thought I’d try and remember all the Gerards lies we have heard about, seeing as the trial (presuming there is one), may hinge on these leading a jury to reasonable doubt.
Add more, if you can think of any.

Gerards lies, that we know of….

4 different versions of the walking route.
His hands- cut by lightbulb.
His face- cut when shaving.
He didn’t attend the command post or assist in the search, because police told him not to.
He visited 3 doctors to get facial cuts examined, because police asked him to.
He stated, in his one and only interview, that he was helping police as much as he could, “with everything he had”
He claimed Allison HAD a regular waking routine.
Told police he had slept heavily all night.
Said his parents didn’t know of the affair (assuming this due to length of affair and close proximity of all in the same office, and photos on facebook.)
Said there was no fight the night Allison disappeared.
Told police Allison wasn’t depressed and there was no reason for her to disappear, then later tried to sell the suicide theory by stating she was depressed.
Told police his affair had ended in 2011.
Sent an SMS to Allisons phone saying he had tried using the “find my friends” app, but that app had never been used on his phone.

I’m sure this list is not conclusive….

By the way, the idea of having to discuss the details of his affair for 15 minutes a night, every night, seems so weird to me. I’m wondering how true that information was too. That would just about equate to torture wouldn’t it??

By the way, awesome posts everyone.
This case has affected so many of us in a deep and special way. I really enjoy sharing your thoughts, emotions, laughter, knowledge,and passion, with the common interest of Allison at the heart of all of it.

There is 200 to 300 mm of rain predicted for greater brisbane area this weekend. Maybe similar conditions to the rainfall after Allison went missing. Could locals please keep an eye on the water levels at Kholo creek crossing for us and maybe take some photos if there is a lot of water. Stay safe of course.

Haven't taken any measurements or photos, but can confirm water levels in the area are rising fast. Went across the bridge near Colleges Creek (not far from Kholo Creek) just before 2pm ... by 4pm police car had blocked off the road with water flowing right across the bridge so had to take the Ipswich Motorway back to Brookfield. Will see what access is like tomorrow.

Thought I’d try and remember all the Gerards lies we have heard about, seeing as the trial (presuming there is one), may hinge on these leading a jury to reasonable doubt.
Add more, if you can think of any.

Gerards lies, that we know of….

4 different versions of the walking route.
His hands- cut by lightbulb.
His face- cut when shaving.
He didn’t attend the command post or assist in the search, because police told him not to.
He visited 3 doctors to get facial cuts examined, because police asked him to.
He stated, in his one and only interview, that he was helping police as much as he could, “with everything he had”
He claimed Allison HAD a regular waking routine.
Told police he had slept heavily all night.
Said his parents didn’t know of the affair (assuming this due to length of affair and close proximity of all in the same office, and photos on facebook.)
Said there was no fight the night Allison disappeared.
Told police Allison wasn’t depressed and there was no reason for her to disappear, then later tried to sell the suicide theory by stating she was depressed.
Told police his affair had ended in 2011.
Sent an SMS to Allisons phone saying he had tried using the “find my friends” app, but that app had never been used on his phone.

I’m sure this list is not conclusive….

By the way, the idea of having to discuss the details of his affair for 15 minutes a night, every night, seems so weird to me. I’m wondering how true that information was too. That would just about equate to torture wouldn’t it??

"She said 'that Gerard told the girls shortly after 6am that mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole (and) would not be back'."

.......is this going to be considered a lie!

"She said 'that Gerard told the girls shortly after 6am that mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole (and) would not be back'."

Yes, there is another one. I didn't include that because the only witness to that one was Olivia. All the others have been witnessed by police or the public. I dont know whether OW would be considered a reliable witness???

I seem to have a lot to say tonight. :)

A couple of days ago we were talking about there being no evidence to place GBC at or near Kholo Creek that night, despite the massive efforts by QPS to source witnesses.

In the 2nd bail attempt, GBC's lawyer stated, almost brazenly, that there was nothing to place him in the vicinity, or in fact, nothing to show he even left the home that night.

We were talking about the examination of the wheel arches, tyres and boots, and saying how lucky he was that no evidence was found on these, and then doc suggested that he may not have gone off road, or in fact been there at all.

When this topic was discussed much earlier, people were suggesting that perhaps a GPS in the car, or GBC's mobile phone would hopefully prove that he was there, but this obviously was not the case.
We know that he removed his phone from its charger however, and replaced it hours later, but if he did leave the house, it seems he left the phone behind, despite having removed it from the charger.
Would he be likely to have thought about the fact that his movements could be traced via his phone?
and do new Captivas have GPS's installed?

Is that why Allisons phone had to disappear? because he took it instead of his?

Or, I wonder if he actually did remain at the home that night, and someone else took the trip to Kholo Creek??

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-in-bail-hearing/story-e6frg6nf-1226405470286

"There was no evidence of the cause of Mrs Baden-Clay's death or where she died, nothing that placed Mr Baden-Clay at the scene of the murder, no evidence of the time of death or of a weapon being used, nothing to show Mr Baden-Clay had left his house on the night or been in the vicinity of Kholo Creek, where her body was found on
April 30."

I DID NOT KILL MY WIFE ALLISON

biggest lie of all !

:banghead::jail:

This bloke can't be let out of gaol like so many others recently :furious:

I seem to have a lot to say tonight. :)

A couple of days ago we were talking about there being no evidence to place GBC at or near Kholo Creek that night, despite the massive efforts by QPS to source witnesses.

In the 2nd bail attempt, GBC's lawyer stated, almost brazenly, that there was nothing to place him in the vicinity, or in fact, nothing to show he even left the home that night.

We were talking about the examination of the wheel arches, tyres and boots, and saying how lucky he was that no evidence was found on these, and then doc suggested that he may not have gone off road, or in fact been there at all.

When this topic was discussed much earlier, people were suggesting that perhaps a GPS in the car, or GBC's mobile phone would hopefully prove that he was there, but this obviously was not the case.
We know that he removed his phone from its charger however, and replaced it hours later, but if he did leave the house, it seems he left the phone behind, despite having removed it from the charger.
Would he be likely to have thought about the fact that his movements could be traced via his phone?
and do new Captivas have GPS's installed?

Is that why Allisons phone had to disappear? because he took it instead of his?

Or, I wonder if he actually did remain at the home that night, and someone else took the trip to Kholo Creek??

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-in-bail-hearing/story-e6frg6nf-1226405470286

"There was no evidence of the cause of Mrs Baden-Clay's death or where she died, nothing that placed Mr Baden-Clay at the scene of the murder, no evidence of the time of death or of a weapon being used, nothing to show Mr Baden-Clay had left his house on the night or been in the vicinity of Kholo Creek, where her body was found on
April 30."

Obsessor, the 'nothing' seems to discount that the scratches occurred during the murder, despite the opinions of the those who have knowledge about how they probably occurred. GBC also focused on them as being important to somehow try and cover up (beard, seeking medical opinions, various versions of how they occurred). JMO .... not true: 'nothing that placed Mr Baden-Clay at the scene of the murder'.

Hi Marlywings .... back in Thread #38 Post 391 you posted a link to - The elusive video of Olivia Walton telling the world GBC "bumped his head when he fell over". I am assuming that it referred to how she was describing that her brother received his scratches. Would appreciate very much if you could provide more info on this statement. Thank you

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8318125"]Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38 - Page 16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

April 30."

I think we have to take into account the above comments were from the defence at the first bail hearing. All the evidence hadn't been passed onto them at that stage.

Obsessor, the 'nothing' seems to discount that the scratches occurred during the murder, despite the opinions of the those who have knowledge about how they probably occurred. GBC also focused on them as being important to somehow try and cover up (beard, seeking medical opinions, various versions of how they occurred). JMO .... not true: 'nothing that placed Mr Baden-Clay at the scene of the murder'.

Very true Couldbe

I think we have to take into account the above comments were from the defence at the first bail hearing. All the evidence hadn't been passed onto them at that stage.

Yes, very true, but I would have thought had there been any evidence that revealed itself after that, that did put him in the vicinity, the prosecution would probably have used that to counter the suicide argument. But maybe not. The legal side of things is so strategic, when and how they reveal evidence they have up their sleeve is a complex topic on its own.
IMO

I DID NOT KILL MY WIFE ALLISON

biggest lie of all !

:banghead::jail:

This bloke can't be let out of gaol like so many others recently :furious:

Did he actually say that though??

I was thinking his answer to that question would have been more likely to be,
"No comment, Officer, I dont want to incriminate myself".

I have been looking back through media reports of the body being found and although Allison's parents went to the bridge GBC was noticeably absent - very telling I think

Yes, very true, but I would have thought had there been any evidence that revealed itself after that, that did put him in the vicinity, the prosecution would probably have used that to counter the suicide argument. But maybe not. The legal side of things is so strategic, when and how they reveal evidence they have up their sleeve is a complex topic on its own.
IMO

Yes Obsessor I have wondered about this too. I'm sure (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that we have not heard specifically that there was no evidence found on the car that suggests it was at Kholo Creek. The wheel arches may have been mentioned (were they actually mentioned at the hearings?) but what about the actual tyres or other parts of the car? What about GBCs clothes, shoes etc - there has never been any mention of this as far as I recall?

I believe there would be many pieces of evidence that we would not know about yet. The evidence submitted at the bail hearing by the prosecution was purely for the purpose of having bail denied - not for the purpose of proving that GBC is guilty of murder. So, I don't think it was necessary for all evidence to be submitted at that stage. I think there is a lot we don't know about yet.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on this Alioop - am I on the right track?

I have been looking back through media reports of the body being found and although Allison's parents went to the bridge GBC was noticeably absent - very telling I think

If nothing else, at least he had one Hell of a guilty conscience afterwards...not visiting the bridge, not attending the search party headquarters (which, in case anybody doesn't know, was really REALLY close to the family house), not appearing with the Dickies on TV while Allison was missing, and only giving that one infamous interview to Channel 9...and only because they had practically cornered him.

I don't know how on Earth he ever managed to hold himself reasonably together for her funeral. He must have had literally ZERO sleep the night before. He would have known what everyone was thinking about him by then. He may have even thought that the police would be arresting him as soon as the service had finished. :nerves:

That being said, there was obviously the part of him which believed that if he could only make it through the service looking sad, the world would realise that he couldn't be guilty, and that it would be "business as usual" with TM and Century 21 Toowong Towers afterwards. :Banane53:

If nothing else, at least he had one Hell of a guilty conscience afterwards...not visiting the bridge, not attending the search party headquarters (which, in case anybody doesn't know, was really REALLY close to the family house), not appearing with the Dickies on TV while Allison was missing, and only giving that one infamous interview to Channel 9...and only because they had practically cornered him.

I don't know how on Earth he ever managed to hold himself reasonably together for her funeral. He must have had literally ZERO sleep the night before. He would have known what everyone was thinking about him by then. He may have even thought that the police would be arresting him as soon as the service had finished. :nerves:

That being said, there was obviously the part of him which believed that if he could only make it through the service looking sad, the world would realise that he couldn't be guilty, and that it would be "business as usual" with TM and Century 21 Toowong Towers afterwards. :Banane53:

I re watched that interview earlier today - he made a bee line for the attractive blond reporter - then it was like he remembered he had to play a part ( not very well - he's not Oscar material for sure) and then Olivia came on - stage right and was biting her lips so hard it must have been sore for days

I re watched that interview earlier today - he made a bee line for the attractive blond reporter - then it was like he remembered he had to play a part ( not very well - he's not Oscar material for sure) and then Olivia came on - stage right and was biting her lips so hard it must have been sore for days

Hmmm...I see what you mean (just watched it again). I doubt he would have done the same with a male journalist. I also always notice how he never says "Allison"...instead he refers to her as "she", "her", of "my wife". Of course I don't even need to mention the "...returned home soon" line (as opposed to e.g. "I hope she's found safe and well").

It's a pity we didn't get a good shot of his "shaving cuts" I mean "caterpillar scars" on his right cheek. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member