Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/national-new...rdons-belongings/story-fndo4ckr-1226588609169

Sorry that this is OT, but I wonder if there is enough interest to start a thread on Novy's disappearance? It is so bizarre and I fear it won't end well, if we ever find out. There hasn't been a huge amount of media attention on her in my opinion, and there should be more.

There was a lot of reporting in the first week, but it has since died down. Sounds like someone is making it look like she packed her bags and left, but I doubt it.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...rdons-belongings/story-fndo4ckr-1226588609169

Sorry that this is OT, but I wonder if there is enough interest to start a thread on Novy's disappearance? It is so bizarre and I fear it won't end well, if we ever find out. There hasn't been a huge amount of media attention on her in my opinion, and there should be more.

A thread for Novy has been running since she first disappeared.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198516"]Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6th Feb 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There was a lot of reporting in the first week, but it has since died down. Sounds like someone is making it look like she packed her bags and left, but I doubt it.

Agreed. I also suspect that, like GBC, they thought the case wouldn't raise much attention and she would be easily disposed of and it would be business as usual. I hope the powers that be don't rest until she is found.

I'll also add in this link...all of the Aussie cases on WS are listed in the following link which is located on front page of Allison's sub-forum

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179099"]Australia Crime Cases: Links to other cases on Websleuths *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Agreed. I also suspect that, like GBC, they thought the case wouldn't raise much attention and she would be easily disposed of and it would be business as usual. I hope the powers that be don't rest until she is found.

Picture this: Older man marries young woman. Existing adult daughters not happy. New wife is made a director in the older man's business. Existing heirs not happy!!

I've noticed C-21 is advertising on free to air in Sydney tonight-I haven't noticed any of their adverts for a long time-their timing is impeccable.

In case this hasn't been posted, for anyone interested in seeing the criminal justice system at work in Australia this series was very good, was on ABCTV in 2011.

On Trial is a groundbreaking, five-part documentary series featuring unprecedented access to major criminal trials in Australian courts. For the first time cameras have been granted full access to the Supreme Court of Western Australian and the District Court of NSW where criminal cases are dealt with before judge and jury.

The series features a murder trial, a major assault, and a robbery and assault trial.

On Trial takes viewers behind the scenes as they observe the emotional and legal journeys of the accused. Each case provides key insights into often controversial legal processes, our adversarial legal system, and the day-to-day operation of our courts.

On Trial charts the stories of both prosecution and defence as they undertake pre-trial preparations in the tense build-up before going to court. The series covers the jury selection process, opening addresses, examination of witnesses, cross-examination and the summing-up to juries and, if found guilty, sentencing.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abc1/201106/programs/DO0713H001D2011-06-02T203000.htm

Marly, for clarification about my post that you quoted above, I was only referring to the diary excerpts that have been published in MSM that have been previously linked, nothing else.

Ali, I am with you, the diary should not have been published.:twocents:

Thanks for your insights, Allioop. I can appreciate the ethics, but, wow. To me this is where the legal system fails us all. It amazes me that at no stage a lawyer asks his/her client if she/he is guilty. Where is the ethics in representing someone who the lawyer 'believes' is guilty and they get off??? How do these professionals sleep at nights?

The lawyers might not ask the question directly but sometimes their client tells them anyway. I doubt that an 'ethical' lawyer would caution any client not to tell them if they are guilty.
The onus is always on the prosecution to present evidence to satisfy the jury beyond reasonable doubt, not on the defence to prove innocence. Where a client admits their guilt but wishes to plead not guilty their barrister cannot adduce evidence of alibis etc. or mislead the court in any way.

Although I understand a diary is evidence in a case like this, I wonder if publishing these in MSM infringes on copyright. Like, a photograph taken by me has automatic copyright and nobody else can reproduce it without my permission. If I am dead, then my heirs have that right.

The diary is Allison's intellectual property.. IMO it should not have been published in MSM.:twocents:

ETA: Once the trial is over some nice lawyer might take on a case pro bono against the CM. :wink:

I couldn't read it either really, I felt like it was too personal. That one line that I'm sure you know what I'm talking about was horrible and so sad that he said that to her, the fact they published that was really awful : )

Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure it provides some great insight into Allison's life but imagine her horror if she knew how many people have had access to her diary.

Wanting to read something so personal without the permission of the author is no more than voyeuristic. Imagine how you would feel if you were her knowing it was out there and your daughters would be able to read it, if not now then one day. Not only your daughters but your parents.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro