Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... but there was at least one other person at GBC's house at that time. Anybody can send a text from somebody else's phone. This is a most interesting aspect of possible accessory before/after the fact involvement IMO. I am interested in how the Prosecution will approach this one.

Yep. the way I see it, there are three possibilities. GBC driving a lot as above - An 'accessory' being involved - or ABC's phone was already lying around somewhere in the FTP area by that time and logged onto the internet automatically - in which case the 150m search area was wrong.

EDIT: Or, a possible fourth - someone other than GBC or an 'accessory' was in the possession of ABC's phone in the FTP are at that time?

Hello- me too love lurking not so much posting hehe
I think allioop provided the George st address in this thread?
A few pages back she also gave some court 'hot tips'.. Wish I could go but am working :(
Dearest all,

(long-time lurker, bit shy...)

Amazingly I find myself child and work free next Monday, so thought I'd try and get to the hearing.

Sorry to have to ask you this (I've tried googling) but does anyone know where exactly the commital hearing will be? Also, does anyone have any view on my chances of getting a seat...earliest I can get there would be 8am?

Thank you! I have semi-followed this case from the start. I'm gripped! Love this site!

Yep. the way I see it, there are three possibilities. GBC driving a lot as above - An 'accessory' being involved - or ABC's phone was already lying around somewhere in the FTP area by that time and logged onto the internet automatically - in which case the 150m search area was wrong.

EDIT: Or, a possible fourth - someone other than GBC or an 'accessory' was in the possession of ABC's phone in the FTP are at that time?
... possibly another, that is, we don't actually know what time NBC travelled from his house to GBC's house that morning. Could the phone have travelled with him? Among the possibilities we have there are some more likely than others IMO. Some people had a reason/motive to get rid of Allison's phone IMO because it probably contained incriminating evidence on it. My opinion only.

... possibly another, that is, we don't actually know what time NBC travelled from his house to GBC's house that morning. Could the phone have travelled with him?

I guess with the info we have - it's possible that it could have travelled with anyone really.
I know it won't be a popular suggestion - but there is the vague possibility that it COULD be that some unknown perpetrator may have been in the possession of ABC's phone at that time. There are so many possibilities - ABC's phone logging on to the FTP tower really boggles my mind a bit!
Perhaps someone stole - or even found the phone on the side of the road - then realised it was trouble and took it back to the Brookfield area somewhere and dumped it. who knows! :/

... possibly another, that is, we don't actually know what time NBC travelled from his house to GBC's house that morning. Could the phone have travelled with him?

....if NBC was to take the shortest route from his house to GBC's, then I think he would have travelled along Rafting Ground Rd (don't know if the FTP tower would be in range along that route). JMO

Dearest all,

(long-time lurker, bit shy...)

Amazingly I find myself child and work free next Monday, so thought I'd try and get to the hearing.

Sorry to have to ask you this (I've tried googling) but does anyone know where exactly the commital hearing will be? Also, does anyone have any view on my chances of getting a seat...earliest I can get there would be 8am?

Thank you! I have semi-followed this case from the start. I'm gripped! Love this site!

Hi brizzymum & welcome to Websleuths....nice to see you've now joined us :)

This is a post from our verified solicitor, alioop, re the courts which may help you.

GG, the committal will be at the Magistrates Court at 363 George street on the corner of Turbot Street in the city. It's the new building that has a big silver wavy ribbon sculpture outside. You will need to check the law list online in the morning on the day for the allocated courtroom or you can ask when you get there. Find out the room, wait outside it and go in as soon as they open the doors and find a seat. don't hang back as you will miss out on a seat. Lawyers turn up at the last minute usually.

It has been set down for 11,12,13 March and I have also seen documents that show it has been listed for a further 3 days on 18,19,20 March.

....if NBC was to take the shortest route from his house to GBC's, then I think he would have travelled along Rafting Ground Rd (don't know if the FTP tower would be in range along that route). JMO

along that route i think it would be more likely to log onto the Brookfield or Kenmore tower. But I have always wondered whether the phone may have automatically logged on to the FTP tower whilst driving past there - and then remained logged on to that tower even though it went back to Brookfield - because the signal never got weak enough for the FTP tower to tell the Brookfield or Kenmore towers to take over?

Hi brizzymum & welcome to Websleuths....nice to see you've now joined us :)

This is a post from our verified solicitor, alioop, re the courts which may help you.

Fantastic! Thanks!

Alioop, other court experts...what time do these matters usually get going in the morning? Will my arrival at 8am-ish work? I promise to take my pencil and paper and report back.

along that route i think it would be more likely to log onto the Brookfield or Kenmore tower. But I have always wondered whether the phone may have automatically logged on to the FTP tower whilst driving past there - and then remained logged on to that tower even though it went back to Brookfield - because the signal never got weak enough for the FTP tower to tell the Brookfield or Kenmore towers to take over?

Hmm - Driving phones and talking towers! I think we just don't really have enough of the information yet to know what this phone bizzo is about. :(

That's what crossed my mind Couldbe as parts of Rafting Ground Rd and Reserve, according to DrWatson's theory, are in direct line-of-sight of the FTP towers.

Fantastic! Thanks!

Alioop, other court experts...what time do these matters usually get going in the morning? Will my arrival at 8am-ish work? I promise to take my pencil and paper and report back.

that would be AWESOME Brizzymum. Thank you! :)

That's what crossed my mind Couldbe as parts of Rafting Ground Rd and Reserve, according to DrWatson's theory, are in direct line-of-sight of the FTP towers.

Those areas are down the Moggill Road end though. It would be going the wrong way down Rafting Ground Road if you were travelling to GBC's house from NBC's house.

Perhaps it's possible that the phone could have been dumped in Rafting Ground Reserve in the wee hours of the morning - logged on automaitcally and found the FTP tower from there - and then retrieved at some point after 6.31am and returned to Brookfield and put in a better hiding place - whilst remaining logged onto the FTP tower?

I agree that there is also the chance that the phone was 'lost' somewhere between GBC's house and where he left Allison... or even on his way back. It could happen. If that's the case than anyone could have picked it up. It is always a chance. Or it could have ended up in the creek and later the river. I don't mean GBC would have thrown it in {too risky} but it could have fallen in.
If so I think GBC is probably hoping like crazy that it never turns up.

I wonder how Al's girls will deal with next week. My heart goes out to them and the Dickies and everyone close to them.

Hopefully, the phone was found at GBC's rented house last week when the Police were seen there by a Websleuther! Maybe they returned to the house with a new idea of where to search for it. It may have been inadvertently moved to a new resting place way back ............... during the intensive searching within the 150m radius. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleigh719