Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but there is a gunman in the Brisbane mall. Mall and area in lockdown. Police everywhere.

OT but there is a gunman in the Brisbane mall. Mall and area in lockdown. Police everywhere.

Very scary. Mark Ainsworth apparently just gave a press conference. The gunman is clearly very distressed - I hope they can end this safely for all involved.

No indications anyone has been hurt, just one very agitated man with a gun. Shops are all locked. Luckily this is not America and the gun appears to be a non automatic weapon, perhaps a sawn off shotgun.

I think they said it is a revolver. Apparently he is threatening his own life.

I know it's no laughing matter, but if the main person he's threatening is himself, and he's schizophrenic - does that make it a hostage situation?

Sorry... my somewhat warped sense of humour there... ;)

Man appears to have been shot in upper body, possibly shoulder/arm and is being put on stretcher now. Surrounded by police. Its over.

He's probably threatened to shoot himself, and to save his life they have disabled him?

I know it's no laughing matter, but if the main person he's threatening is himself, and he's schizophrenic - does that make it a hostage situation?

Sorry.... ;)

Doc, he has been shot in the shoulder and handcuffed. Taking him away via ambulance. Hopefully he didn't do anything prior , that triggered his actions.
Hope your enjoying your holiday.

Naughty naughty Doc!

Doc, he has been shot in the shoulder and handcuffed. Taking him away via ambulance. Hopefully he didn't do anything prior , that triggered his actions.
Hope your enjoying your holiday.

Thanks Aunty - I am indeed enjoying the holiday :) Thanks for the report.

And apologies if anyone found my warped sense of humour offensive... I think it's an occupational asset in my field.

Bahahahaha love it :)

Hi sorry OT question here, what is the best way to view these forums on mobile device?
I have a iPhone 5 and am just accessing via safari - which app/ is there another way this site better?

Hi sorry OT question here, what is the best way to view these forums on mobile device?
I have a iPhone 5 and am just accessing via safari - which app/ is there another way this site better?

I view it on my iPhone and iPad using the free Tapatalk app. Works well enough.

IMO this is an unfortunate political move right before the Baden-Clay Committal hearing next week. In WS threads past, the involvement of the CMC was alleged in relation to some witnesses in the case. Hopefully this won't affect evidence gained so far.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...nquiry-documents/story-e6freoof-1226592783971
Showdown between Newman Government and Crime and Misconduct Commission CMC, The Courier-Mail, March 08, 2013, 11:51AM.
THE chairman of the Crime and Misconduct Commission, Ross Martin, SC, has lost the confidence of the State Government and is under increasing pressure to resign today - either voluntarily or forced.
"Queenslanders have to have faith and confidence in their top crime fighting corruption body, the CMC and if this is allowed to be happening over the last eight months where people have been able to access documents that they technically shouldn't be able to because of this administrative oversight as it's been called, I think it's completely unacceptable and someone should take responsibility for it," said Mr Bleijie.
[Quote:] "After a marathon sitting of parliament where legislation was rushed through to protect people named in the documents, Mr Bleijie said "ultimate responsibility" for the "unacceptable oversight" rested with the CMC chairman, Ross Martin.[Unquote.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beffers101