Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it to mean when he had access to his girls he would need the bigger car to fit the whole'new' family in. He could havebeen thinking shared care where they have them one week on one week off, or having weekend visitation. That's just how i took it, who knows what he was thinking?

Well, sounds like all of the children must be of similar ages?

Late in the afternoon on day three of the committal hearing, Phillip Broom, one time business partner of Gerard Baden-Clay took the stand. Under cross examination by Mr. Davis for the defence Mr. Broom pulled no punches in regard to what he knew about GBC's affair with Toni McHugh. I feel sure that there is a lot more to come from Phillip Broom but this was the committal hearing, not a trial.

What is interesting is that at almost the same time as Phillip Broom was in the witness stand, GBC's sister Olivia Walton chose to walk outside of the court building with a contingent of media in tow. She proceeded to give her 'interview', as many of us have now seen. Clearly a tactic to draw media attention away from what Phillip Broom was saying about GBC and his affair with Toni McHugh. Did she think she was so important that the media would drop everything in court just so that they could hang on her every word? Of course she did! Thankfully some media representatives did report on Phillip Broom's testimony, which was so much more riveting than Olivia Walton's inane ramblings.

For the record, I want to include here two excerpts from Phillip Broom's testimony (albeit very similar) from day three of the committal hearing so that it is not lost in the self absorbed and cunning tactics of Olivia Walton or OW, as she has now been dubbed by many.

What I also find interesting is that Olivia Walton slipped out of the courtroom at lunchtime and was followed by the media. She had the opportunity at that stage to grant them an interview. Why didn't she? Probably hungry, it was lunchtime after all. Must get the priorities right.

MSM Transcripts of Phillip Broom's statement on day three of the committal hearing.

1. The court was told Baden-Clay had many conversations with his former business partner from Century 21 Westside, Phillip Broom, about the affair with Ms McHugh.

Mr Broom said Baden-Clay spoke of needing a bigger car to ferry around both his own children and Ms McHugh's.

"At some points Gerard was leaving his wife to be with Toni, at other points he was leaving Toni to remain with his wife," Mr Broom told the court.

"As complex as it was in nature, it was confusing to me as to whether or not they were in the throes of an affair, had cooled off in their affair (or) had rekindled their affair."

But defence barrister Peter Davis said Mr Broom's business relationship with Baden-Clay "didn't end well".

"You obviously don't like him ... do you?" Mr Davis asked Mr Broom.

"You want to say that you're just giving honest evidence here - but you're here to sink the boot in, aren't you?"

Mr Broom disagreed, saying he and Baden-Clay had a "healthy respect" for each other's business skills.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...edge-in-business/story-e6freoof-1226596787533

2. Mr Broom, however, said he first noticed the affair the following year.

‘‘[It was] at one of our staff member’s engagement party ... I remember it being a confirmation that potentially something was happening’’.

Mr Broom said he and Mr Baden-Clay discussed the affair on many occasions thereafter.

It was complex, Mr Broom said.

‘‘It was difficult to judge whether he was leaving his wife to be with Toni, or he was leaving Toni to be with his wife.

"As complex as it was in nature, it was confusing to me as to whether or not they were in the throes of an affair, had cooled off in their affair or had rekindled their affair."

However, he recalled Mr Baden-Clay and Ms McHugh discussing the need for a larger car to accommodate his three daughters and her two sons, while on a business trip to Sydney.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...court-hears-20130313-2g0yz.html#ixzz2NTuGNOrL

Olivia Walton - out to lunch.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ic-gaze-in-court/story-e6freoof-1226595105748

Olivia Walton's interview.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ister-of-gerard-badenclay-20130313-2g0z2.html

Olivia, may I call you Livvy?

Lord. Love. Lust. Loud (screams). Lawyers. Ligature. Lividity. So many 'L' words come to mind Livvy but the one that stands out to me above all others is LIAR. And of course there are a lot of people who feel livid at a senseless loss of life - the murder of Allison Baden-Clay. May she rest in peace.

My opinion only and not that of Websleuths.

Lord. Love. Lust. Loud (screams). Lawyers. Ligature. Lividity[/B]. So many 'L' words come to mind Livvy but the one that stands out to me above all others is LIAR. And of course there are a lot of people who feel livid at a senseless loss of life - the murder of Allison Baden-Clay. May she rest in peace.

My opinion only and not those of Websleuths.[/QUOTE]

Oh how I love alliteration -
al·lit·er·a·tion
The occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.

wow exhausted and greatly disturbed after reading the gory details. Hawkins was right, It is much worse than you can imagine. I feel sick. Night all.

wow exhausted and greatly disturbed after reading the gory details. Hawkins was right, It is much worse than you can imagine. I feel sick. Night all.

Yep me too. Unfortunately I feel the worst is yet to come.
R.I.P. Allison

It's 10.58pm, on a Thursday night here in Mount Crosby and it's quiet. All I hear is dogs barking and they seem a fair distance away.

Today, on Twitter, someone was mentioning how 1km seems to be too far to hear anything, including screams. But, at this time of night and in this area you can hear a lot.

Does anybody on this site know if GBC has sleep issues, such as sleep apnoea where he might have to sleep with a mask on? I ask this because my OH does, and the machine tracks months of nightly usage......

I think TM and QPS know the answer to this.

You are right, CPAP (constant positive airway pressure) Machines treat sleep apnea and store compliance data including detailed daily usage at least over the last 12 months.

When the data is downloaded, you can see very detailed information (minute by minute), including the respiratory function. So IF he had a CPAP Machine and IF QPS examined this, they could easily tell if he had used the machine that night, and the timing thereof.

Actually this possible evidence would be important to substantiate or refute his claim of sleeping all night.

I hope QPS realise this importance of this possible evidence.

I'm wondering if he is excited and enjoying all the attention
He's always sought out attention.
In his own twisted way ?

Yes, Olli - engaging in attention-seeking behaviours (even when the attention is likely to be negative) seems to be shared by brother and sister..

I think TM and QPS know the answer to this.

You are right, CPAP (constant positive airway pressure) Machines treat sleep apnea and store compliance data including detailed daily usage at least over the last 12 months.

When the data is downloaded, you can see very detailed information (minute by minute), including the respiratory function. So IF he had a CPAP Machine and IF QPS examined this, they could easily tell if he had used the machine that night, and the timing thereof.

Actually this possible evidence would be important to substantiate or refute his claim of sleeping all night.

I hope QPS realise this importance of this possible evidence.

Wow! I hope they do. If he was using such a machine, could be invaluable evidence and would hopefully match the phone record timings?

in terms of the Cpap machine some people are regular users and others use it intermittently - so if he didn't use it at conferences he is likely to fall into the intermittent category which probably means it was not unusual for him to not wear the machine that night.

in terms of the Cpap machine some people are regular users and others use it intermittently - so if he didn't use it at conferences he is likely to fall into the intermittent category which probably means it was not unusual for him to not wear the machine that night.

I doubt he would admit to being a snorer - otherwise he would have made sure he didn't share a room with someone whose sleep he would disturb

It's 10.58pm, on a Thursday night here in Mount Crosby and it's quiet. All I hear is dogs barking and they seem a fair distance away.

Today, on Twitter, someone was mentioning how 1km seems to be too far to hear anything, including screams. But, at this time of night and in this area you can hear a lot.

Add a creek to the mix and sound probably travels even further across the water

Wow .... would be amazing if cpap data could back up the phone stuff!!

Thanks so much Makara for that crucial bit of context regarding Livvy's Little Litany ... wow they are cool as cucumbers and just as smart eh?

GBC seemed to have a few 'away from home' night time shananigans going on from time to time, and just considering his general 'ways' I doubt he would have used a CPAP regularly even if he was supposed to.

Question regarding the Telstra phone records presented (in the 2nd bail hearing):
see CM: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...re-supreme-court/story-e6freoof-1226536987434

3.34pm: Defence barrister Peter Davis said Telstra phone records showed it was possible someone had used Mrs Baden-Clay's mobile phone in the Fig Tree Pocket area at 6.51am on April 20, the day she was reported missing by her husband.

Has anyone seen these phone records? Are they available for purchase by the general public?

GBC seemed to have a few 'away from home' night time shananigans going on from time to time, and just considering his general 'ways' I doubt he would have used a CPAP regularly even if he was supposed to.

I agree totally Linette, I have this visual image of him laying next to one of his many floosies with the mask and tube all hooked up :floorlaugh: don't think that would be his style.... My Husband has a CPAP and the mask has to be removed if u go to the bathroom through the night, so if G did have a machine I don't believe they could take that as evidence as all he would have to say is that he removed it when he went to the bathroom and has forgotten to put the mask back on.

MOO

Livvy is preaching.

The emphasised pauses, the choking back tears (non-existant and easily brushed aside yet again), the written sermon/statement, the furrowed brow, the deep contemplative facial expressions..... she is using a preaching technique, to make the congregation/listener believe she truly believes what she is telling us.

Delivering information that they are privvy to, but others may not be fully aware of, is what they do. This is how they live. I'm not criticising that in any way, but just commenting on the delivery of her message, and the slipping in of her additional little lie at the end, was just something else she wanted us to swallow once she had gained our trust.

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she is truly in denial, poor lady, but I cant. She has seen and heard far too much. Could be wrong.??

Thankyou for your post yesterday Crime and Pnishment. You are in a difficult position, as are all your fellow church friends. It must be quite uncomfortable at times dealing with the unspoken...as I imagine this is most of the time.

I was particularly interested in your opinion that Olivia is mistrusting ( i cant remember your word at the moment) of the police's investigation. I think GBC did his magic on her from the very first morning regarding this. He tried to do the same to Kerry-Ann but she saw the scratches. Olivia musn't have "seen" them (denial).

I'm wondering if the reason she is parading around outside the court room, not listening to the proceedings, and marching in and out like she owns the place etc, is a direct message to the police and prosecution that she doesn't believe any of the crap and therefore is not prepared to listen.???
She did state before that she was not interested in ruimour and innuendo. Maybe she is grasping onto that and has truly not considered the evidence as real, but as proof that GBC is being framed.

I dont know...just thoughts...hope you all dont mind my ramblings... :)

I agree totally Linette, I have this visual image of him laying next to one of his many floosies with the mask and tube all hooked up :floorlaugh: don't think that would be his style.... My Husband has a CPAP and the mask has to be removed if u go to the bathroom through the night, so if G did have a machine I don't believe they could take that as evidence as all he would have to say is that he removed it when he went to the bathroom and has forgotten to put the mask back on.

MOO
Yes, I don't think that is exactly the image he meant to portray to the rest of the world. World's greatest lover and all.

Sorry, I timed out before I'd posted the above and lost the post, and I meant to add this- with each press statement I have seen of Olivia, and the written statement announcing Allisons death by her husband Ian, I fail to feel the sincerity they are trying to put across. I see they are trying, but to me they come across detatched and appear to be acting.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member