Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only been lurking on this thread lately so I am curious to know if Allison knew about the other women and how she found out about them.

I get mine touched up every six or seven weeks, the regrowth is not grey either. Perhaps money was the reason for less frequent hairdresser visits, it is about $150 each time, so it is not an insignificant expense.

I must say all the photos I have seen of Allison, she always looked very well groomed.

Just like to say I have always liked your posts. The price for colouring is first based on how long your hair is. I am sure qps know this but a standard long to medium with colour and style moo is 300 to 190.

I don't think that she would have looked after her appearance that much, if she was going through one of her depressed staged, which I think she was at that point in time (recent increase of Zoloft dose, feeling insecure about him and wondering what he is doing in the back of the car the day before, etc.) The hairdressers visit was to be presentable for the conference the following day, but the hairdresser also stated she had large re-growth indicating she didn't care that much about it just before). IMO.

I don't agree at all with her not looking after her appearance. I'm fairly sure you were on board that time last year when someone posted a bunch of photos from a real estate function in Feb last year?? Allison looked absolutely gorgeous!!

As for her hair...they were short of money...going broke!!...majority of hairdressers are expensive. I'd say if Allison was thrown any spare cash at all by the big spender GBC, she would have spent it on her babies....

..........while he was out buying cameras for the mistress, wasting cash on fuel so he & the mistress could go at it in the back of a car out in the back blocks on a dirt road. Flights off to Sydney... hmmm..& lunches for tom, dick & harry.

I have only been lurking on this thread lately so I am curious to know if Allison knew about the other women and how she found out about them.

If Allison was a websleuther but she studied psychology she would have a clue. I don't know anyone personally involved. I was signing up for a conference which was a sold out soon situation. I found out my good friend was signed up because I asked if they were signed up. Qps must know.

Another thing that struck me as odd in GBC's recorded interview with Sgt Jackson & SsGt Curtiss is that G says he and OW measured the distance from the bus stop to their home along Allison's normal route.

I do not think that is unusual, I have driven various walking routes to get a distance spedometer reading.

I think my comment has been taken out of context, which was in response to a comment about wearing or not wearing big baggy clothes at home and wanting to impress GBC. I have seen all the pics of her looking very well groomed and lovely, however if she was going through a rough patch generally, she may not have cared about her appearance that much. But, I didn't know her and it was just an assumption regarding baggy, comfy clothes.

I colour my hair at home for under $20 and after 4 weeks I can see a lot of grey, hence I don't let it go more than about 1.5 cm.

Just like to say I have always liked your posts. The price for colouring is first based on how long your hair is. I am sure qps know this but a standard long to medium with colour and style moo is 300 to 190.

Thank you Flinders - that has made a nice end to a lovely day!!

Hi Estelle thanks for dropping in. Allison found out about her husbands affair with Toni McHugh late 2011, a few months before her death. He says he broke off the relationship and was in marriage counselling. But he resumed his relationship with Toni in the meantime. We don't know if Allison knew this before the night she was killed but it may have been a catalyst for a fight that ended in her husband killing her. We don't know if Allison knew about his other flings.

Thank you for your post! Glad I added moo. As just an aside .. indoctrinate them into a false illusion of the world. Food for thought as I have once enrolled a child in a school that said we are christian and we do not accept bullying. Epic fail on their part as those that are not kind are coonected to the school and teachers. Which says bullying is an imbalance of power.

I won't sleuth the clothing because I am sure the qps have got a lot of paper trails.

Just on the topic of the clothing. I think you can bet your booty QPS would have gone over the clothes Allison was wearing with all types of forensic equipment. I'd also say they would have been able to track down exactly where they came from.

I recall one case in which the forensic team tracked down the manufacturer & supplier of a common old plastic shopping bag. The bag had been used to suffocate a victim. So much information was gained from the plastic bag it led police to the killer.

and Toni resi
Hello Estelle Welcome

Yes Allison did know about Toni McHugh - she was told by another mother at the school her daughters attended. Allison went to work in the Real Estate office "owned" by Gerard, and Toni McHugh resigned immediately. She was also aware that the relationship had been rekindled. May I suggest you read the police interviews at the top of the forum, in particular the one by one of GBC business partner (I can't remember his name, someone else will though) it was very illuminating about the relationship.

I saw that too Aunty. I just thought it must have got lost, and was insignificant. I was more intrigued by the tip of the rubber glove that fell out of her jumper.

I too am intrigued with the glove tip that fell out of her jumper.
I do not believe it was anything to do with sloppy forensics.
Two reasons:
1. The fellow n charge of recovering her body was so meticulous, he didn't even want her physical position to be changed from how it was found.
2. If a person who had assisted with the recovery operation had lost his/her glove or part of glove, it would have a reportable issue.
(Problems with infection to the wearer would have resulted in incident reports and more.)

Therefore, I believe the wearer of that glove was connected with Allison's disposal.
That person (being so clever as not to leave fingerprints) somehow got his gloved finger caught in Allison's jumper.

Did she twist lifeless? Was she suspended over the bridge railing? By a hand that was wearing a glove.

If that were the case her jumper might have been pulled over her head.
Did the glove tear off at this time and end up with the body. No time or opportunity to retrieve same. Besides retrieval would have resulted in footprints left in the mud.
The glove tip should have still been in fairly pristine condition after only a few days. (I can personally attest to that. To prove same, simply bury a latex glove for several days, and then retrieve same. Integrity will be very good.)
I for one would like to hear more regarding this piece of glove.

do we know for sure gbc said that to the girls or was it just ow being sarcastic to the police questioning her about what gbc had told them?
I tend to think this is the more likely explanation. Especially since she make a sarcastic remark back asking if "that was OK". She may have quickly observed the police were very sceptical of G and his explanations and had not treated him with the respect she thought he deserved.

If we don't behave, Marlywings pulls her magic wand and we go to the sin bin for a few days ;) .. but we love her!

Many of us learnt lots of lessons in the early threads, people were being given time out on a very regular basis. We were very emotional to say the least.

Just on the topic of the clothing. I think you can bet your booty QPS would have gone over the clothes Allison was wearing with all types of forensic equipment. I'd also say they would have been able to track down exactly where they came from.

I recall one case in which the forensic team tracked down the manufacturer & supplier of a common old plastic shopping bag. The bag had been used to suffocate a victim. So much information was gained from the plastic bag it led police to the killer.

Marly wizz :great:

Hi Estelle thanks for dropping in. Allison found out about her husbands affair with Toni McHugh late 2011, a few months before her death. He says he broke off the relationship and was in marriage counselling. But he resumed his relationship with Toni in the meantime. We don't know if Allison knew this before the night she was killed but it may have been a catalyst for a fight that ended in her husband killing her. We don't know if Allison knew about his other flings.

When did their financial affairs go awry? Was it over a period of many years? Did Allison just turn a blind eye to it?

Do we know much about their marriage counselling sessions?

Fake nails I assume !
What ! ? WOW ! Well Done ! :rocker:

If they were fake nails they would be thicker and not as sharp as natural nails. I thinks they probably separated as part of the decomposition process.

If they were fake nails they would be thicker and not as sharp as natural nails. I thinks they probably separated as part of the decomposition process.

Yes, they were natural nails separated by advanced decomposition.

I think they might be Elaine's clothes - a corpse is hard to dress, particularly by yourself - the bigger the clothes the easier it is.

A similiar thought crossed my mind. If they are the same ones I have and have bought regularly over the years, Katies 3/4 length pants are not particuly very soft. They are made of an acrylic material with a firm elasticised waist. I would never wear them to bed.

When did their financial affairs go awry? Was it over a period of many years? Did Allison just turn a blind eye to it?

Do we know much about their marriage counselling sessions?

Although the business was apparently doing very well in 2010-2011 before the floods, it seems to me that GBC was spending more than their income and hiding the true state of their financials from his partners at that point. IMO.

Hi Poss, was it definitely rubber? I think it's been assumed that it was from the investigators. Thats 2 x now gloves have come up.

I'm pretty sure the Autopsy report said it was the finger tip of a rubber glove & they couldn't confirm where it came from. Also mentioned it at the committal if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper