Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone at the fundraiser at Brookfield today? Cloudy day but not any rain to speak of.

I was there with my hubby. We had lunch, enjoyed great music, and watched a little of the cricket ⚾ game. Bought raffle tickets and enjoyed the local community getting together to support the girls. What a great community it is too. Proud to be a small part of it.

Guys making a note here about Courier Mail reports because they've gone behind a paywall. WS doesn't allow sites/reports which are subscription only.

What you can do is copy the headline & paste it into google, majority of times you'll get the same report on a different news sites which doesn't have the paywall.

Hopefully, in time, Courier Mail will remove subscription only.

ETA: please always include the links to reports

June 11, 2013

TAXPAYERS could pick up the legal bill for Gerard Baden-Clay after the accused wife killer split with his high-powered legal team.
Legal Aid Queensland has been asked to fund Baden-Clay's case but the parties still need to agree on whether it will be outsourced to the private bar or tried by in-house lawyers.

It is understood Baden-Clay and his family want Legal Aid to pay private criminal lawyer Peter Shields to take on the case, but Legal Aid would prefer to do it using their own lawyers. The case will likely cost several hundred thousand dollars to try.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e-taxpayerfunded/story-e6frg6n6-1226661418830

It really was just a matter of time wasn't it ?!

Interesting times ahead I think.

Yes, could see this request for legal aid coming and I think he would qualify under the means testing. My guess is he would not have any non restrained funds left.

Will be very interesting to see what Legal Aid decides about which lawyer they appoint. The Baden clays may not get what they want. I know legal aid funding has been restricted as part of the general cost saving measures by the new QLD government but I don't know how this will affect a criminal defence for murder, but it will in some way I am sure.

Guys making a note here about Courier Mail reports because they've gone behind a paywall. WS doesn't allow sites/reports which are subscription only.

What you can do is copy the headline & paste it into google, majority of times you'll get the same report on a different news sites which doesn't have the paywall.

Hopefully, in time, Courier Mail will remove subscription only.

ETA: please always include the links to reports

The article from the CM that I posted this morning wasn't blocked by a paywall and still seems open to public viewing? I don't have a paid subscription. Marly, weren't you able to view? Just don't want to post links no one else can view :)

<modsnip>

I would think if they have no funding then they don't get to choose their representation - no one else does. It offends me that this family constantly feels they are above everyone else and therefore special. I just wish the wheels of justice would turn more swiftly so that it can be settled and the girls can be settled and everyone knows what is plan of action for the future.

I would think if they have no funding then they don't get to choose their representation - no one else does. It offends me that this family constantly feels they are above everyone else and therefore special. I just wish the wheels of justice would turn more swiftly so that it can be settled and the girls can be settled and everyone knows what is plan of action for the future.

I so agree!

Yes, could see this request for legal aid coming and I think he would qualify under the means testing. My guess is he would not have any non restrained funds left.

Will be very interesting to see what Legal Aid decides about which lawyer they appoint. The Baden clays may not get what they want. I know legal aid funding has been restricted as part of the general cost saving measures by the new QLD government but I don't know how this will affect a criminal defence for murder, but it will in some way I am sure.

Would this have anything to do with why they were in court a few weeks ago I wonder? Or perhaps it could have had something to do with creditors and other financial issues. But probably more likely contact arrangements with the children.

I wonder how much he owes DM, or if DM insisted on payment up front. My guess is DM would be feeling more than a tad relieved at this point. He has plenty of other crims to defend to keep him busy! :rolleyes:

I agree . Money would be part of it but I wonder if DM has found out something more and knows he is on a hiding to nothing . Or maybe gbc said something that indicated he did it and DM then has to legally dump him , I believe . is that right Ali

The article from the CM that I posted this morning wasn't blocked by a paywall and still seems open to public viewing? I don't have a paid subscription. Marly, weren't you able to view? Just don't want to post links no one else can view :)

<modsnip>

Strangeworld...Courier Mail currently has a ridiculous setup whereby you can view five "free" reports per week. Many folks view twice that amount in one day. Once you're over the five you have to signup or all you'll get is the headline of the report.

Herald Sun & Sydney Daily Telegraph also have paywalls as they're under news.com banner so they won't be allowed either.

It's easy enough to get around it by copying the headline into google.

I like this paragraph!!...bye bye to Davis also. He'll have his work cut out with his new "clients"!!

June 11, 2013

Barrister Peter Davis, QC, did not agree to act for Baden-Clay beyond his committal hearing in March, and is now set to represent one of three alleged killers of Gold Coast policeman Damian Leeding

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e-taxpayerfunded/story-e6frg6n6-1226661418830

Hi Marly and others ,do you think Davis knows the truth or is all about money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member