Alternate Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is as follows: We know they tried long and hard to get pregnant, then moved to Atlanta, before the birth. Once there, RH hooks up online, and starts seeing himself as super-stud(?). LH is on to him, but from the photos and stories I've seen and heard, RH may have been the better parent. When life is not going as expected for LH, she never bonds with the baby, because she is obsessed that RH is messing up her perfect, Christian family ideal.
Now RH, aka SS, is so firmly into his 'HOTlanta' (yeah, it really used to be called that) lifestyle, LH is crimping his Joe Cool, big money image, so he takes over his paycheck and tells her 'I want a divorce'. She responds with 'I'm not keeping the baby'. You can only be so cool when being a single dad, so he cooks up a plan, and this idiot goes along with it, cause she still hopes to win loverboy back. She even said 'I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU'
I still think the day will come, when one or the other will turn. RH is the one rotting in jail, and after what was said in a probable cause hearing, his attornies may already be encouraging him to go for the deal, to save his life.
I hope to God that someone in these families stands up for the baby and calls them out and encourages them to tell the truth.
All MOO

sorry, I forgot- I think his plan was to find the baby at lunch, but when the co-workers dropped him they drove off to park, and he wanted witnesses when it all went down.

And what if a jury member votes to acquit b/c they do not think someone who unintentionally kills their child should get 30+ years in jail (and possibly LWOP or DP)?

Well, then we'll have Casey Anthony.2, I suppose. But it seems to me that LE is working on proving intention (which in one sense is a big risk if they take felony murder off the table) and on the other hand helps the jurors not have to decide to put away for life or put on work someone who UN-intentionally killed his child. Because if the prosecution can prove intent and bump up the charges to premeditated murder it won't be an instance of putting away an accidental killer--it will be the case of putting away someone who meant to kill his child and did so in an indescribably painful, slow way.

There are always going to be people who think parents shouldn't be held accountable for 'accidentally' killing their children, it seems. But I wonder if those same people would be as forgiving if the person accidentally killed a neighbor, a friend, or a stranger. Is it just children who are considered disposable?

Both the parents claim they searched about children dying in cars. He had to know he couldn't leave the child in a car, becausethat child would end up dead in a short period of time.

I might agree with you if he had pulled into the HD parking lot and left Cooper in the car midday or even at 11:00 A.M. Bear in mind, the low temps. for June 18th were in the 66-69 degree range. He thought Cooper would be ok for a short period of time. I'm not implying, I think it is ok to leave a child unattended in a car at any hour. I'm just saying that is what he might have been thinking.

stmarysmead- I can picture them parading all the on-line hook-ups into the courtroom to tell their story. I figure when they are found, some charge will be held over their heads to get them to talk. Could be alot more than 6.

I might agree with you if he had pulled into the HD parking lot and left Cooper in the car midday or even at 11:00 A.M. Bear in mind, the low temps. for June 18th were in the 66-69 degree range. He thought Cooper would be ok for a short period of time. I'm not implying, I think it is ok to leave a child unattended in a car at any hour. I'm just saying that is what he might have been thinking.

But why when they had a daycare provider through Home Depot? Why leave him in the car? Someone posted on one of these threads that they are familiar with Little Aprons Daycare, and that payment is in advance for the month. So Daycare for that day was already paid for. He wasn't without childcare, Little Aprons is part of Home Depot, and it is not far from where he works.

Why would he decide to leave Cooper in the car that morning "for just a little while" to begin with? It makes no sense.

The temperature inside the car gets hot even when it's not hot outside. Which he would know since he did the searches. In addition, what would be the point? The daycare is very close to his job and the child was expected there. So am not following as to why you think he would leave his child in a car instead of taking him to daycare.

But why when they had a daycare provider through Home Depot? Why leave him in the car? Someone posted on one of these threads that they are familiar with Little Aprons Daycare, and that payment is in advance for the month. So Daycare for that day was already paid for. He wasn't without childcare, Little Aprons is part of Home Depot, and it is not far from where he works.

Why would he decide to leave Cooper in the car that morning "for just a little while" to begin with? It makes no sense.

Exactly. It makes no sense. Daycare is close to his work.
Child was expected there. By doing searches, he had to know to not leave his child in a car because the child would die.

stmarysmead- I can picture them parading all the on-line hook-ups into the courtroom to tell their story. I figure when they are found, some charge will be held over their heads to get them to talk. Could be alot more than 6.
You would have no problem getting me to testify.

I just kind of thought of another possible theory, though a lot must align for this to be true. What if JRH had something going on with someone tied to the daycare or if they or another parent knew he was a cheater/sexter and he was afraid something was going to be said to LH. So, JRH has been taking and picking up CH from daycare...and if he couldn't get to him before LH (like he had a meeting or something or he knew LH could get CH early), he'd just keep him in the car at work and text her that he picked him up already and was doing stuff before coming home. On the day CH died, JRH texted LH 'when are you getting my buddy' or something like that and maybe he planned to text her again, right before the time she was planning to get CH, and say that he already got him...but then he discovered CH was dead. This would also explain the searches about hot cars (and he thought he was safe to leave CH in the car...see below, it wasn't a hot day...maybe he was too dumb to realize it wasn't safe). Maybe even LH found out about CH being left in the car one of the times and JRH played it as an accident and she then also searched about hot cars.

I'd be interested in knowing when the last time LH dropped off or picked up CH from daycare as well as how often CH missed daycare.

Exactly. It makes no sense. Daycare is close to his work.
Child was expected there. By doing searches, he had to know to not leave his child in a car because the child would die.

See my theory above as to why he wouldn't want to leave CH at daycare.

According to the national weather service the observed low was 73. It was already 81 at 9:00 am that day. In one of the general discussion threads, someone posted an hourly forecast for that day. You can also look up the archives on the national weather service. (Keep in mind, the temps are taken in the shade...so the actual heat in the sun is more.) Since he did searches, he would have known in one hour the car would have been near 115 in 30 minutes, 130 degrees in just one hour. It was 90 degrees by noon, so the car temp rose as the outside temp.

He can't explain not knowing. He looked it up, he watched the video. He KNEW he wouldn't be OK.

Another thing, he went from full-time student I believe, to making $61,000 a year. In the south, our cost of livng is lower and that's not a bad starting salary. But with his and LE's combined salaries, in less than 2 years, they are having money problems.
There is so much to this picture, who knows what the truth will actually be.

So he planned to keep him all day in a car? He then had to know the child was going to die.

Another thing, he went from full-time student I believe, to making $61,000 a year. In the south, our cost of livng is lower and that's not a bad starting salary. But with his and LE's combined salaries, in less than 2 years, they are having money problems.
There is so much to this picture, who knows what the truth will actually be.

I live in the south (lower cost of living than where they live,) and I don't consider $61,000 before taxes very much. That's an entry level salary, and two years later he is reported to be making the same. I don't consider that a salary you can have debt with, or buy a house with. Even with hers combined.

I'm not trying to tell people how to post, but please use this thread for alternate theories. Some have done so, and I appreciate it, but the RH did it on purpose because he's evil, mentally ill, greedy, etc. w/wo the aid of LH has been done ad nauseam and this isn't supposed to just be a replacement for the general discussion thread. Thanks.

So he planned to keep him all day in a car? He then had to know the child was going to die.

The only reason that I do not see that as being feasible is because Leanne was due to pick Cooper up at daycare as she did almost daily. If he was leaving him in the car to avoid Leanne discovering an affair, it would have been reported that RH often did not drop Cooper off at daycare which clearly is not the case. Staff have been interviewed and reported how Cooper was always happy after he went to Chik-Fil-A with his dad. He clearly regularly attended.

He didn't leave him in the car that day for any other reason than to kill him. :moo:

I'm not trying to tell people how to post, but please use this thread for alternate theories. Some have done so, and I appreciate it, but the RH did it on purpose because he's evil, mentally ill, greedy, etc. w/wo the aid of LH has been done ad nauseam and this isn't supposed to just be a replacement for the general discussion thread. Thanks.

LOL, you just told us how to post.

In addition, I believe every comment has been a reply of someone's alternative theory. I hate threads derailing as much as the next guy (which is what happened in general discussion,) but since we don't have a GD thread anymore, I feel commenting as a reply to someone's theory is perfectly acceptable here.

WHat is the point of posting a theory, if no one can comment to discuss or refute. Might as well shut the whole thing down.

I live in the south (lower cost of living than where they live,) and I don't consider $61,000 before taxes very much. That's an entry level salary, and two years later he is reported to be making the same. I don't consider that a salary you can have debt with, or buy a house with. Even with hers combined.
But they didn't yet own a house, and with his work habits, SHOULD he have been given a raise?

But they didn't yet own a house, and with his work habits, SHOULD he have been given a raise?

What raise? Given his sexting from work, he should have been fired. I am assuming that the day Cooper died was not the first day he was sexting.

No, they didn't won a house. They WANTED to, they planned to.

Obviously, he shouldn't have received a raise. That wasn't even the point. The point is he made $61,000 before taxes for two years. In my experience, in a lower cost of living community, that is not enough income combined with hers to 1. carry debt from credit cards, school loans, and automobiles (and not be buried) and 2. plan to purchase a home.

Add daycare, rent, insurance, cell phone bills, utilities, all the eating out, movies, and entertainment he loved...and all other bills...they did not make enough for what they wanted, or how they lived. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!