Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 2 men. One that apparently speaks spanish hear her yelling, the Charles came over and understood and kicked in the door.

This is kind of confusing. The first man says he is the one who kicked the door, and Charles said he kicked the door.

Every time I hear that 911 call with Amanda saying " I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for ten years and I'm here, I am free now"

It makes me think of Dorothy "There's no place like home"

Such a brave young woman, yet she sounds so young and sweet on the call.

Heart breaking

Charles Ramsey is a hero! Thats all I have to say

I agree, this guy cracks me up. I just watched an interview and when he was asked about people calling him a hero, he said (semi quoting here) "no, no, i'm just a man. My father would have whooped my *advertiser censored* if I didn't do anything" He is for sure KEEPING IT REAL! He also would like to get his hands on these guys as well.

Yes - you're correct - at the very beginning of the call (after Amanda exclaimed "Help me, I'm Amanda Berry") the dispatcher asked Amanda if she needed "police, fire, or ambulance". That was a perfunctory question, before any of the other information was relayed to the dispatcher.

I refuse to defend this dispatcher. IMO, s/he failed to gather necessary information, and should have kept Amanda on the line until LE arrived at the scene.

Good news! The Cleveland Director of Public Safety, Martin Flask, agrees with you. http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/29...atchers-lack-of-empathy-to-Amandas-9-1-1-call

Trip to Cleveland to treat Charles to a night on the town...
Still0507_00009.jpg

Yes...I'd like to take this hero on a night on the town too. I hope he is well rewarded for his brave deed. I bet Ellen will have him on her show.

Yes - you're correct - at the very beginning of the call (after Amanda exclaimed "Help me, I'm Amanda Berry") the dispatcher asked Amanda if she needed "police, fire, or ambulance". That was a perfunctory question, before any of the other information was relayed to the dispatcher.

I refuse to defend this dispatcher. IMO, s/he failed to gather necessary information, and should have kept Amanda on the line until LE arrived at the scene.

Just because this story has ended in victory doesn't mean that this dispatcher should be let off the hook for his/her failure to try to obtain as much information as possible during the 911 call. This 911 dispatcher doesn't deserve any congratulations, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. If things had ended differently the same people who are applauding the dispatcher would be criticizing him. There really is no reason to continue debating this, the city obviously believes the 911 operator did not handle the call properly.

The 911 operator wasn't perfect (who is??) and maybe could stand a little extra communication training, but I refuse to condemn them because, in the end, they got the address right and got help out there. Had they said "stop playing on the phone" and hung up, then I would be outraged.

I am so happy these ladies are safe. It pains me thinking of how many people are probably being held like that all over the world, with no one coming to save them.

I am anxious to learn more about what happened. Lord knows where this is going to end up.

As far as I can tell the 911 Operator did her job.

How would you know if it is a prank call or not? Do you know anything about Amanda Berry? You may not.

Person is with others and LE is on the way. Person is not dying of heart attack, drug o.d., GSW, or any other cause. Next caller is dying of one of the above, etc.... Simple training, you don't know which call is which, and must take them all.

I've actually called for an hour at a time and never gotten an operator in a high crime area. When I finally got through, the operator said an officer was on the way to the address the call was coming from. Not okay.

This is kind of confusing. The first man says he is the one who kicked the door, and Charles said he kicked the door.

What is also confusing is that neither man makes mention of the other. I don't get the impression at all from the article about Angel Cordoro that he doesn't speak Einglish, as a previous poster stated. He is very clear about what Amanda supposedly said to him and about what he said to her. At the risk of being politically incorrect, Angel does not look like someone whose native language is spanish.

He says he was able to pry the door open enough for Amanda to escape. Charles said he kicked in the bottom of the door. In the images I've seen, the bottom of the door does appear to be kicked in...my money is on Charles being the hero.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/justice/cleveland-missing-women-latest-developments/index.html

-- Elizabeth Smart, who was 14 when she was abducted from her Utah home and found nine months later, told CNN on Tuesday that she expects the next few months and years will be "a whirlwind" for the three women abducted. "I want them to know that nothing that has happened to them will ever diminish their value and it should never hold them back from doing what they would want to do," she said.

What is also confusing is that neither man makes mention of the other. I don't get the impression at all from the article about Angel Cordoro that he doesn't speak Einglish, as a previous poster stated. He is very clear about what Amanda supposedly said to him and about what he said to her. At the risk of being politically incorrect, Angel does not look like someone whose native language is spanish.

He says he was able to pry the door open enough for Amanda to escape. Charles said he kicked in the bottom of the door. In the images I've seen, the bottom of the door does appear to be kicked in...my money is on Charles being the hero.

I think they both were, Charles is just more outspoken and this news is still in the wind, flying with wherever anyone is giving details. We may get more on the other guy as it unfolds.

I think they both were, Charles is just more outspoken and this news is still in the wind, flying with wherever anyone is giving details. We may get more on the other guy as it unfolds.

Why doesn't either one mentions the other if both of them were there helping to break down the door?

Something interested I noticed on Ashley Summer's Charley Project page (she went missing in 2007 from the same neighborhood as Gina & Amanda but was not found at the home):
"Two other teen girls have disappeared from the same area; Amanda Berry vanished in April 2003, and Georgina DeJesus went missing in April 2004. Police are investigating the possibility that the three cases are related. They think one or more of the girls may have been forced into prostitution."
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/summers_ashley.html

Last sentence bolded by me.
If Amanda & Gina were forced to work as prostitutes, it would turn out to be eerie that this was on the webpage and I'd like to know how they came up with this possibility. Did people report being their clients? I know I'm getting way ahead of myself on the "ifs."

I wonder if Ashley's case is connected to Amanda & Gina's and where she is, whether her case is connected or not.

Why doesn't either one mentions the other if both of them were there helping to break down the door?

I don't know. I think things are flying too fast and no one is asking them questions, just letting them speak of their own experiences at this point.

Just listening to a neighbour talk on CNN and he said he just saw the little girl (Amanda's daughter) outside with AC two days ago. She was playing, and if I heard correctly, she was at the park with AC. :O

Just listening to a neighbour talk on CNN and he said he just saw the little girl (Amanda's daughter) outside with AC two days ago. She was playing, and if I heard correctly, she was at the park with AC. :O

Really makes you wonder what is going on in homes all over this country.

Statistically, we think of children/adults who are kidnapped as having a low probablity of being alive even after 48 hours, let alone several days, months, and years. How many others are there like Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Amanda, Gina, & Michelle? And how many children have been born into situations like this? How are we anything but helpless to find them unless a miracle happens as it did in those cases?

Charles refers to we in this video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCn04iXkBg"]Charles Ramsey interview, rescuer of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight in Cleveland - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37