Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing, that article says Angel spoke to her. I thought he didn't know English. Charles said Angel stood there looking at him because he didn't understand her and didn't know what to do. Who knows.

I'll try catch you up.
Michelle did not get much publicity perhaps because they thought she may have left on her own. She had a troubled family, her mom seems a little neglectful (left a child in a dumpster.) seems like she may have come from a possibly abusive home. Mothers boyfriend was abusive. It seems that her mother did not make the effort that the other families made, re making posters and searching and keeping it all in the news.

2 of the girls were in remedial classes at school, no-one knows to what extent. I know plenty of people who were in those classes but were gifted in other areas and by the end of school it all balanced out. Amanda was a gifted student.

A "little" negletful? She left a child in a dumpster?

Did this Silvia Brown take money for her "readings?" I guess it doesn't matter, these types of people give people false hope and take away their hopes if they say their loved one is dead when they are not. I hope she learns a lesson from this and hangs up her psychic shoes so to speak. If she can't be positive she is 100% right all the time, she should say nothing.

Not sure on the money Seajay. I've always been under the impression that she does it more for "fame" (if you want to call it that) but I don't really know.

I'm wondering who gets her involved and how she gets involved. It seems like her name comes up in a lot of the higher profile cases. Does she seek out the parents? Do they seek her out? Or is it a media thing - get them together on the show for a dramatic story? She's supposedly been called in to help on FBI cases too, but I wonder if she contacted them or they contacted her.

Sorry if this is a repeat but I don't recall seeing it. Here's an article about her appearance related to Amanda:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-Show.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This just about broke my heart - BBM. For reference she'd been buying her daughter Christmas gifts every year before this talk show happened.

"After 19 months of refusing to accept that her daughter was dead, Miller was finally forced to face what she believed at the time to be the awful truth.

The grieving mother gave away her daughter's computer and took down her pictures.

'I'm not even buying my baby a Christmas present this year,' she told the paper.

Miller was devastated by what she heard on the nationally syndicated talk show, but said that she believed '98 per cent' in Browne."

And more info about her:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Browne"]Sylvia Browne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
I know Wikipedia's not always the most reliable place for accurate info, but this one's pretty well referenced/linked.

I think it's odd that the Monster's daughter was the last person to see Gina.In her interview with "America's most wanted" she seems unsure about her story.I'm not trying to push any blame on her but maybe she was groomed by her dad and knew he took Gina?At the least I'm sure Gina didn't think twice about catching a ride with him since he was her best friends father.

Did this Silvia Brown take money for her "readings?" <snipped for space>

Just found this: http://readings.sylviabrowne.com/#sylvia.

She charges $850 for a reading, and apparently only does them via phone.

Fees
Phone reading with Sylvia - $850

I would assume this is probably for your average private client and it's different for FBI, national talk shows, etc., but that gives a rough idea where her fees start.

Just found this: http://readings.sylviabrowne.com/#sylvia.

She charges $850 for a reading, and apparently only does them via phone.

Fees
Phone reading with Sylvia - $850

I would assume this is probably for your average private client and it's different for FBI, national talk shows, etc., but that gives a rough idea where her fees start.

Wow, that's massive!!! I bet she doesn't get many clients for that fee !!

There is an interview with Ariel Castro's son Anthony in the UK Daily Mail. Sorry I don't know how to post link, but googling it should take you there.
Keep in mind though that the Daily Mail does not have a good reputation in the UK, but in this case it seems genuine.

It was Ariel's daughter in law that tried to kill her baby.His son's daughter.

Where do you get this info? All news articles appear to say Ariel has two daughters from his marriage, Emily and Arlene. Emily is the one in prison for the attempted murder of her daughter. Emily is Ariel's biological daughter.

Not sure on the money Seajay. I've always been under the impression that she does it more for "fame" (if you want to call it that) but I don't really know.

I'm wondering who gets her involved and how she gets involved. It seems like her name comes up in a lot of the higher profile cases. Does she seek out the parents? Do they seek her out? Or is it a media thing - get them together on the show for a dramatic story? She's supposedly been called in to help on FBI cases too, but I wonder if she contacted them or they contacted her.

Sorry if this is a repeat but I don't recall seeing it. Here's an article about her appearance related to Amanda:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-Show.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This just about broke my heart - BBM. For reference she'd been buying her daughter Christmas gifts every year before this talk show happened.

"After 19 months of refusing to accept that her daughter was dead, Miller was finally forced to face what she believed at the time to be the awful truth.

The grieving mother gave away her daughter's computer and took down her pictures.

'I'm not even buying my baby a Christmas present this year,' she told the paper.

Miller was devastated by what she heard on the nationally syndicated talk show, but said that she believed '98 per cent' in Browne."

And more info about her:
Sylvia Browne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know Wikipedia's not always the most reliable place for accurate info, but this one's pretty well referenced/linked.

Here's another enlightening article:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/10/27/call-kurtis-investigates-psychic-detectives/

Don't be too surprised. Look up Anthony Sowell. He was a serial killer in Cleveland. LE once was called due to a woman jumping out of a second floor window to get away from him. He told LE she was his girlfriend and they had had an argument. LE believed him, not her. LE left. That was a few years and I believe a couple of women before he finally got caught. The only way he got caught was because of the overwhelming smell in the neighborhood that caught the attention of a couple of LE who were serving an unrelated warrant on him.

Same general area. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Wow. that sounds eerily like Jeffery Dahmer

It just floors me that this could happen in an area so densely populated and go totally unnoticed.
I live in a more rural area where there is areas where houses are completely hidden by the trees- I could understand how something could go unseen here.(even though it is a small community where pretty much everyone knows someone who knows someone else- kind of a 6 degrees thing.

In the mid 90's, my second home (as an adult woman) was on West 107th, just a few blocks north of where the girls disappeared from. I lived there for 2 years and never knew ANY of my neighbors. I briefly met the next door neighbors when they had a yard sale. They were friendly, but that was the end of the interaction. When I was outside, they wouldn't even look my way. No hi, nod, acknowledgement or anything. I never seen a person on the other side. I would see neighbors out on the porch regularly and some knew eachother, but it was few. I likely would have never known if something strange was going on, since there was always something strange and a lot of suspicion. This area was getting pretty rough back then.

I was waiting for a family member in front of a building one day. I was propositioned 3 times in 5 minutes, because everyone thought I was a prostitute. I was standing in a doorway of a storefront, wearing a regular pair of modest shorts and a t-shirt. No make-up, hair undone, at 4pm in the afternoon.

I once walked through my neighborhood after dark. I was approached by every unsavory character in my path, assuming that I was "looking for something". This is definitely an area where is is best to be very street wise.

The further you move east toward downtown, the longer these areas have been impoverished. Going up Lorain Road from where these girls were from, to where they were found, it just gets worse. The east side (where Anthony Sowell lived) is another story. Most of the east side of Cleveland has been impoverished for generations.

It doesn't surprise me at all that this went undetected. It is really sad that people can turn a blind eye. Maybe they are just desensitized to the unusual things going on around them?

I also think that people tend to "mind their own business", since doing otherwise may get them in trouble. (Being known as a snitch)

I am really sad about this. I loved living in Cleveland and have great memories of growing up there. We ran the neighborhood without much of a care. We knew most of the neighbors. There was a time when people watched over eachother in these tight knit communities. I think that my age group was the last to see the tight knit communities that this city had. The neighborhoods have changed a lot over the years. People who had been in areas for generations have started moving on and others move in and they don't know eachother anymore.

<snipped for space and clarity>

If Michelle Knight was reported missing back in 2002, why wasn't she on NamUs? Why didn't she have a thread her on WS??? It's like the poor girl didn't exist. No one seemed to be looking for her. And then I read she's mentally abnormal, and no one was bothering???? I don't think the fact she was 20 when she was taken should have come into play. We have thread after thread here of missing women, well past the age of 21. Kelli Bordeaux, Terrilynn Monette, Kelse Schelling, Jessica Heeringa. All are missing and all have threads here and all have people looking for them. Why didn't Michelle??? This really bothers me.

And because I skipped pages (I hate doing this) but would someone catch me up to speed on the animosity towards Michelle's mother?? I read a few things that don't put her in a very good light. What did she do/not do that has caused this??

Did Michelle live with her when she disappeared? If she had mental abnormalities, was she on her own????
<snipped for space and clarity>

I know, it's all really sad. I think she wasn't listed as missing mostly because people thought she ran away after losing custody of her son.

There have been so many articles linked I don't know if this is a repeat or not, but I thought I'd put some of the ones specific to Michelle here with a couple of snippets after each.

Police acknowledge little focus on finding Michelle Knight
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...knight-the-third-missing-cleveland-woman?lite
Even her age is uncertain​
Police didn't look widely for Knight after they and social workers concluded that she ran off on her own because she was angry she had lost custody of her son, Deborah Knight, her grandmother, told the Plain Dealer of Cleveland on Monday.​
Mother of Cleveland kidnap victim Michelle Knight never gave up hope that her daughter was alive: report
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-cleveland-woman-mom-gave-hope-article-1.1336931
But when she was 17, Michelle alleged that she was assaulted at school, triggering a series of behavioral outbreaks. Police had not taken the complaint seriously, Barbara Knight told the paper.

Some time later, Michelle Knight fell pregnant, and dropped out of high school to care for her infant son. Barbara Knight said that the baby&#8217;s father was abusive, and allegedly hit their child. Michelle later lost custody of her son, Barbara Knight said.​
Questions still remain about Michelle Knight's disappearance
http://www.kpho.com/story/22184761/questions-still-remain-about-michelle-knights-disappearance
Investigative reporter Carl Monday talked with a family member of Michelle who said that Michelle's mother let the family years ago, abandoning Michelle's younger brother in a dumpster.

Her brother, who was a twin, said he and his sister were products of an abusive home.

That brother, Freddie, went to the hospital Monday to see his sister.
Michelle Knight's 'normal teenage life,' plagued by troubles in years before disappearance
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/michelle_knight_plagued_by_tro.html
Barbara Knight said she hopes she and her daughter will reunite -- and that she can atone for the role she played in her daughter's troubled life leading up to her disappearance on Aug. 23, 2002.​
But Barbara Knight said that among her own greatest regrets was becoming involved with an abusive man, whom, she believes, injured her toddler grandson -- spurring a chain of events that led Michelle to lose custody of the child.​
Hope that helps some.

I'm wondering if anyone's seen that dumpster story anywhere else? The only place I saw it was the really vague reference from an investigative reporter talking to "a family member of Michelle." I don't want to get into sleuthing the mom, I just feel like it's been referenced a lot here and I wondered if it's based on more than just that brief article.

It was bizarre enough that the main suspect's son wrote an article about Gina in 2004 but even more bizarre that Gina was best friends with the main suspects daughter, yikes!! http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/05/07/arlene_castro_gina_dejesus_ariel_castro_s_daughter_told_america_s_most_wanted.html

I am wondering if this might not only turn out to be a textbook example of suspects inserting themselves into a case, but manipulating other, innocent people to insert themselves too.

That would be extremely sadistic and makes my blood run cold for what these girls may have gone through in their hands.

I think it's odd that the Monster's daughter was the last person to see Gina.In her interview with "America's most wanted" she seems unsure about her story.I'm not trying to push any blame on her but maybe she was groomed by her dad and knew he took Gina?At the least I'm sure Gina didn't think twice about catching a ride with him since he was her best friends father.

I have had the same thing running through my head.

Very interesting article. Answered one of my questions about whether the psychics are sought out by the FBI. BBM:

"“We don’t seek psychics and we don’t utilize psychics for any of our investigations,” said Special Agent Hopkins.

“Has a psychic ever helped solve a missing person’s case?” I asked.

“The FBI is unaware of any case that’s been resolved with information from a psychic.”"

Jmoo butthat sounds a little uncaring to me. Ten years without my missing child ...the last thing I'd worry about is who gets my interview. :moo:

Nothing sensible to add, but that made me think you were calling her a butthat! And I agree with you butthat does sound uncaring, she's certainly not mother of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214