Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think of is how much this reeks of Gary Heidnik. Too much.

Yes Heidnik, I was thinking about a book I read of him, but forgot the name of the guy. I dont' retain some things too well, but I remember the story well. Was one of or the first place I heard the term torture chamber.

eta ,. was a book about him called ' chamber of horrors' ? Or something like that ?

I saw a brief interview with Michelle's brother on HLN, he said he wants to help her get caught up in life, seemed genuine.
The mother's interview seemed very uncomfortable, kudos to the reporter.
Her mother wants her to go to FL with her...will be interesting to see what she decides to do.

Weird. "I know she had asthma..." Did this woman even know her own daughter? My daughter is 15 and if she went missing for 10 years and suddenly reappeared, I would have much more to say about her.

I think her family issues during the time Michelle disappeared and this news has her reeling.

I Imagine in the last 11 years she has convinced herself Michelle , had run away and then convinced herself Michelle was dead then switched believing something else.

I also imagine she thought during some periods of time Michelle hated her ,then she might have been mad at Michelle for running away or not contacting. There was a lot of emotional hardship for this family . She probably knows she wasn't the best mother. I would say she probably didn't know much about her daughters state of mind at the time she went missing because Michelle was undergoing extreme stress and new areas to her with loosing her son.
Michelle was under emotional distress then and she was cheated out of the chance to try to get her son back and to heal emotionally from her childhood and to bond into a stronger family unit.
I think I understand her mothers fear and guilt. I think she is scared Michelle will reject her.

I also think she has no idea what she is supposed to do.

Last night on Piers Morgan, he interviewed a neighbor and her daughters. The daughters saw a naked woman in the yard. They told their mom, and she never called police. :( They are in the clip below, but it cuts off before the mom said she never called police. I watched it live last night.

Cleveland Reporter: "The letters R.I.P. are scrawled on the wall in the basement"

"The letters R.I.P. – Rest in Peace – are scrawled on the wall in the basement and there's a woman's name which would lead you to believe that another woman was in there at some time," Freeman told Piers Morgan. "They also say that one of the girls told investigators that that woman was with them for a while and then one day, she woke up and the girl was no longer there."

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...i-p-are-scrawled-on-the-wall-in-the-basement/

Found the transcript from the interview above..... She took no action about the naked woman:

MORGAN: And Annita, when they came back and told you this story, clearly it's more than weird now, given what we now know. But at the time, did you take any action?

LUGO: No, I didn't, but I was kind of hurt that they didn't tell me as soon as they saw it, you know. They have cell phones for a reason, you know. You see awkward stuff like that, because I definitely would have called then but it was hours later and I really -- I really didn't -- you know, I was just stuck. I was dumbfounded, didn't know how to take it, you know?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/07/pmt.01.html

http://www.cleveland.com/brett/blog/index.ssf/2013/05/regina_brett_2.html

Amanda Berry's mother did everything she could to keep her daughter alive except the one thing that mattered most, the one thing she could never do:

Find her daughter.

Louwana Miller hung yellow ribbons on the house, stapled fliers on utility poles, held prayer vigils and remembered every birthday. She bought her daughter presents and stacked them on the bed in the small bedroom that her daughter never slept in again.

Month after month, Louwana called the police and the press to complain that we weren't doing enough. I dreaded every phone call because her pain was so great, and nothing I said or wrote could diminish it.

She knew Amanda didn't run away on April 21, 2003. No teenager would leave $100 on her dresser. No teenager would leave without taking her phone charger. No teenager would leave the day before her 17th birthday party. No teenager would run away wearing a Burger King uniform.

Last night on Piers Morgan, he interviewed a neighbor and her daughters. The daughters saw a naked woman in the yard. They told their mom, and she never called police. :( They are in the clip below, but it cuts off before the mom said she never called police. I watched it live last night.

Cleveland Reporter: "The letters R.I.P. are scrawled on the wall in the basement"

"The letters R.I.P. – Rest in Peace – are scrawled on the wall in the basement and there's a woman's name which would lead you to believe that another woman was in there at some time," Freeman told Piers Morgan. "They also say that one of the girls told investigators that that woman was with them for a while and then one day, she woke up and the girl was no longer there."

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...i-p-are-scrawled-on-the-wall-in-the-basement/

No Link, but last night bill hemmer said on oreilly show that Michele has told investigators there was a woman there when she first arrived and that woman's fate is unknown. There's really no telling what they will find once they search his yard and all his properties and their yards, as well. As sickening as he is, it' s possible many cold cases can be solved and many families find out their loved ones' fate.

sorry mods if this has to be removed. I heard him say it with my ears from the tv, so no link. I'll try to fish one up now !

Rescued captive’s mom: I haven’t talked to her yet

http://www.today.com/video/today/51814777#51814777

This is an interview with Michelle Night's mom. :dunno: Is it just me, or does she not seem very happy that her daughter was found? It just seems like an odd interview.

It seems they were estranged - before Michelle disappeared - the family thought Michelle had simply "left town". It is going to be difficult for both of them - I hope they can get back together - life is too short for anything else.

There will be an investigation into law enforcement over this.
Big time.
I personally hope that every inept Commander is fired.
I am so glad that these women escaped.
But LE in this town needs a complete retraining IMO.
Their lack of follow up is mind boggeling. Seriously.
Unbelievable.

I totally agree with you! They are already in trouble for an overkill chase that happened last year it will be interesting to see what happens after this. I personally have called CPD for things and they never show up and the dispatchers are rude.

Yes Heidnik, I was thinking about a book I read of him, but forgot the name of the guy. I dont' retain some things too well, but I remember the story well. Was one of or the first place I heard the term torture chamber.

eta ,. was a book about him called ' chamber of horrors' ? Or something like that ?

Schmae, I'm not sure of the name of the book because we lived here. My dad was on the force still and almost everyone knew someone who knew someone he hurt or murdered.

He lived in a rowhouse on a small block. Nobody knew. Not even the mail carrier. The police couldn't even believe Josefina Rivera when she called. They thought this was a crazy tale asome prostitute made up. The poor girl was freaking out.

Which leads me to also wonder if Castro didn't make one woman in charge. The girls who survived Heidnik's hell somewhat blamed Rivera although if not for her they wouldn't have gotten out. She's still alive and every once in awhile she gives an interview.

Self preservation. That lunatic was "smart" enough to play those women against eachother.

I read an article yesterday about Emily Castro, Ariel's daughter, that I can't find now. This one from the Daily Mail seems to have some of the same info.

Emily did not just try to kill her baby, but also herself. Murder-Suicide. Knowing what we know about her father, I have a feeling that she had good reason for her mental health issues. If Ariel was as abusive to her as these other women, then she might well have been justified in believing her family was trying to kill her. :moo:

"When officers went to the home, they found Emily Castro covered in mud, water and blood."

"She was bleeding from self-inflicted knife wounds to her neck and wrists and told police she tried to kill herself with the same knife she used to attack her baby. She then tried to drown herself in a nearby creek."

"During the trial, her defense attorneys produced evidence that Castro suffered from serious depression for years before the birth of her daughter, and that it spiraled into paranoia, causing her to think her family was trying to kill her and the baby at the time of the attack."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murder-11-month-old-baby.html#ixzz2Shw0TvQ3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-08-09-26-19

Police Chief Michael McGrath told NBC's "Today" show on Wednesday that investigators found ropes and chains in the house.

He said the women were restrained and "released out in the back yard once in a while."

His son, Anthony Castro, said in an interview with London's Daily Mail newspaper that he now speaks with his father just a few times a year and seldom visited his house. He said on his last visit, two weeks ago, his father wouldn't let him inside.

"The house was always locked," he said. "There were places we could never go. There were locks on the basement. Locks on the attic. Locks on the garage."

I read an article yesterday about Emily Castro, Ariel's daughter, that I can't find now. This one from the Daily Mail seems to have some of the same info.

Emily did not just try to kill her baby, but also herself. Murder-Suicide. Knowing what we know about her father, I have a feeling that she had good reason for her mental health issues. If Ariel was abusive as abusive to her as these other women, then she might well have been justified in believing her family was trying to kill her. :moo:

"When officers went to the home, they found Emily Castro covered in mud, water and blood."

"She was bleeding from self-inflicted knife wounds to her neck and wrists and told police she tried to kill herself with the same knife she used to attack her baby. She then tried to drown herself in a nearby creek."

"During the trial, her defense attorneys produced evidence that Castro suffered from serious depression for years before the birth of her daughter, and that it spiraled into paranoia, causing her to think her family was trying to kill her and the baby at the time of the attack."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-murder-11-month-old-baby.html#ixzz2Shw0TvQ3

I wonder who the father of the baby was?

Emily did not just try to kill her baby, but also herself. Murder-Suicide. Knowing what we know about her father, I have a feeling that she had good reason for her mental health issues. If Ariel was abusive as abusive to her as these other women, then she might well have been justified in believing her family was trying to kill her. :moo:

Maybe her "paranoia" wasn't that unfounded after all. Man, so many victims here....so sad...

Emily did not just try to kill her baby, but also herself. Murder-Suicide. Knowing what we know about her father, I have a feeling that she had good reason for her mental health issues. If Ariel was as abusive to her as these other women, then she might well have been justified in believing her family was trying to kill her. :moo:

Probably to protect the baby from the life she had to endure :(
Just read the baby was a girl and so yes I'm sure we can imagine why she did it. No less horrific, but sometimes there is a
method to the madness. :( Poor family. This *********ing *****ing *****r...... how many lives did he ruin or take? A dozen? Two dozen? I'm sickened thinking of his defense strategy. The world knows what you did dude . There is no escaping it. Plead guilty and let's be done with it.

I think the Heidnik book you're thinking of is called "Cellar of Horror."

Women held in U.S. home were restrained with chains

http://www.cp24.com/world/women-held-in-u-s-home-were-restrained-with-chains-1.1272172

CLEVELAND -- The police chief in the U.S. city of Cleveland says the three women held captive in a house for nearly a decade were restrained with ropes and chains and allowed out into the back yard occasionally.

Chief Michael McGrath said in an interview on NBC's "Today" show Wednesday that the physical condition of the three women rescued Monday was "very good considering the circumstances."

McGrath says he was "absolutely" sure police did everything they could to find the women over the years. He disputed claims by neighbours that officers had been called to the house before for suspicious circumstances.
Related Stories

Cleveland police face questions as 3 missing women rescued

McGrath says the three men who have been arrested in the case "are talking" but he wouldn't say if they have confessed. He says a charging decision could come later Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE