Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight, who vanished in 2002 when she was 20, is expected to be released from the hospital later today. Knight's mother, Barbara, revealed that when her daughter disappeared, she filed a police report, but no one took her seriously.

"I had a caseworker tell me that maybe she doesn't want me to be involved with her life anymore," Knight told Cleveland's Fox affiliate WJW-TV.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...charged/story?id=19133593&page=2#.UYqNMUps98E

This woman's priorities seem out of whack. She hasn't even seen her daughter yet and is already all over the place talking about depressing things from her past.

If it were me in Michelle's shoes, I don't know if I would even want to see my mother (if she behaved in that way). I would be furious with her for airing all my dirty laundry.

Knight, who vanished in 2002 when she was 20, is expected to be released from the hospital later today. Knight's mother, Barbara, revealed that when her daughter disappeared, she filed a police report, but no one took her seriously.

"I had a caseworker tell me that maybe she doesn't want me to be involved with her life anymore," Knight told Cleveland's Fox affiliate WJW-TV.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...charged/story?id=19133593&page=2#.UYqNMUps98E

This is what I mean - what happened? What's the truth? From Jason Jolkowski's case, I know that LE can be very disinterested in adult missing persons. Even young adults at 19, 20 years old. I have pretty much no doubt that someone really told Barbara Knight this. But then, why didn't she tell anyone else about Michelle being missing, not even her twin? Did she maybe try but didn't they want to listen because they were mad at her for everything that happened in the past? It wouldn't surprise me, either.

It's just like... somewhere in all that, is some clarity about why Michelle just 'disappeared' when she disappeared. Someone somewhere dropped the ball, and we need to figure out who it was because if it was LE, it needs to be used for the good, in any future adult missing person's cases. We need to learn from this.

Edit: posted this before I saw Kimster's second comment, I promise I'll be good now lol. Let's wait is fine, there's plenty of time to figure it out.

Michelle's twin brother said his mother kicked him out at 14. Michelle was pregnant at 17 and her child was taken by SS. Family said Michelle's mother abandoned her kids and one report says left the boy in the trash. Per the mother when Michelle went missing a social worker knowing the background said maybe Michelle doesnt want her in her life. The stones do not seem to be for how she handled the missing case. I do not store links but all these statements are from links already provided by others in the thread.

I believe the original article about Michelle's mother abandoning a child in the dumpster referred to a younger brother of Michelle's, *NOT* the twin brother (who is the one who visited her in the hospital). I'm not sure where this younger brother is now, but may have been raised by a different family. Sounds like a very sad family situation all around.

Family members of late wife: Kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro was a violent man

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, relatives of Castro’s late wife Grimilda Figueroa described to ABC News a violent past.

They said Castro would beat his wife, “push her down the stairs many times” and then take her to the hospital and “force her to lie and agree with him to protect her kids.”

“Two faced,” they said of Castro. “He had done terrible things to her [Grimilda] and treated her like trash. She had a lot of courage and she was brave. Thank God she had the courage to leave him after a lot of abuse.”

While relatives would not give full details about Grimalda’s exact injuries, they told ABC News they included “terrible things” from broken bones and cuts and bruises on her face.

Grimilda died last April.

Well at least it looks like they did a little better with crowd control for De Jesus

From cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/ohio-missing-women-found/index.html

News of her discovery came as a shock to brother Freddie Knight, who didn't know she was missing until he saw the story on TV. He said the family thought Knight might be with the brother of a brother-in-law, but had no phone number to contact him.
"I was freaking happy as hell, because I didn't know my sister was kidnapped," he said. "My mom never tells me anything."
Knight said their mom, who now lives in Naples, Florida, kicked him out of the house when he was 14 and they remain estranged.
CNN not could immediately confirm the details of Knight's account.
Knight said he met with his sister at the hospital and gave her a hug, saying the ordeal had left her traumatized.
"I hugged her because she wanted a hug," he said. "My sister is going to move on, forget the past ... , leave it behind, start anew."
Her mother, Barbara Knight, told NBC Wednesday that she had not yet spoken to her daughter.
"She's probably angry at the world because she thought she would never be found but thank God that somebody did," she told NBC.

I find the BBM interesting, all MOO etc.

I would be banned if i said what i am thinking.right now.

My only concern is that the brother learn that she may need to speak about it and need counseling. It won't just go away, there will be a lot of symptoms that come out in the coming months.

I just heard the interview transcribed above, it also had a cousin mentioning that she was an adult with the mind of a child so it sounds like her mental challenges are sadly fairly severe

I understand what you guys are saying about the reports of Michelle's family, but out of respect for Michelle, let's wait. Michelle might not appreciate what is being said about her mom and I'm sure none of us wants to make things harder on Michelle. KWIM?

:grouphug:

Not to mention after everything that's happened in 10 years, it could very well be any family strife is put behind them for good ! Very few people get a second chance like this and I'm sure we've all got family members who make us grrrr, but take them away from each other for 10 years and a lot of them will seem petty ! :) They get another chance and for that ,we should all be grateful !

I understand what you guys are saying about the reports of Michelle's family, but out of respect for Michelle, let's wait. Michelle might not appreciate what is being said about her mom and I'm sure none of us wants to make things harder on Michelle. KWIM?

:grouphug:

Following up on Kimster's post here - Michelle is very likely to find this thread when she is released from the hospital, has a little time on her hands, is sorting through this last 10 years and participating in LE's investigation. In fact, all 3 girls are very, very likely to find this website and read here as they try to catch up. It is very likely they are going to want to know details about the searches for them, kwim?

What that means is that we should not dwell on some things that are likely to cause them, and specifically Michelle, more distress. We need to move on from the conversation about the mom now and focus on the girls and the perps and were LE is going with this investigation.

When it is time, Michelle is likely to share her own thoughts about her mom. We should wait for that because Michelle has a LOT to process and we don't need to influence it, kwim?

Thanks,

Salem

Not to mention after everything that's happened in 10 years, it could very well be any family strife is put behind them for good ! Very few people get a second chance like this and I'm sure we've all got family members who make us grrrr, but take them away from each other for 10 years and a lot of them will seem petty ! :) They get another chance and for that ,we should all be grateful !

I agree, we know nothing about it, it is not relevant to the case.

If anything happened it is a family thing that is long past and too much horror in between. We all have things happen in our families that the world does not need to know about or judge, and, usually involves a whole lot of abuse going on for generations sometimes, so we don't need to dredge anything up that is none of our business.

Let's leave personal and unrelated issues to those that have to carry them. Not our judgment call. We can judge the 3 monsters!!!

Watching the video awaiting Gina's arrival home. This is so heart warming to see that there are people out that still care. Brings joy to my heart that she and the others where found alive.

I guess this is good news but where ARE they? I know it's not from LE but I've seen it in several MSM sources that there were multiple pregnancies where the women miscarried. Where are the babies or fetuses, and what about the girl whose name was listed after RIP on the wall? I realize that depending on when the miscarriages happened there may not have been burials needed (trying to put this delicately), but surely the girl/woman who was there previously has to be somewhere, right? Just thinking out loud.

I agree, we know nothing about it, it is not relevant to the case.

If anything happened it is a family thing that is long past and too much horror in between. We all have things happen in our families that the world does not need to know about or judge, and, usually involves a whole lot of abuse going on for generations sometimes, so we don't need to dredge anything up that is none of our business.

Let's leave personal and unrelated issues to those that have to carry them. Not our judgment call. We can judge the 3 monsters!!!

I would love to. I get giddy imagining it ! :)

eta I was just imagining how vitamin d depleted these girls are. And I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it looks like a pretty day in Cleveland and I wish they could soak up some sunshine and not have to hide in their homes so media doesnt' harass them . The sunlight alone will heal so much :)

I have to smile when I read on Ariel Castros FB on 5/2 he made a comment "miracles really do happen, god is good" and on 5/5 God showed this crew just our good he is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/us/cleveland-kidnapping.html?_r=0

A law enforcement source who is familiar with the investigation said that authorities had recovered more than 200 items from the house, including various types of bondage materials. The source insisted on anonymity because of the continuing investigation.

Another law enforcement source, who also did not want to be identified because the source was not authorized to speak about the investigation, said that the three women had been sexually abused and that at least initially, they were kept in separate rooms. A working theory, the source said, is that the women “just dealt with Ariel” and not the other brothers. The source added that authorities are working to find out if Ariel Castro, who knew Ms. DeJesus because she was a close friend of his daughter Arlene, also knew Ms. Berry and Ms. Knight.

This article sheds a warmer light on Michelle's relationship with her family and what was going on at the time. imo

Behind the forgotten abductee Michele Knight

"Shorty", as she was known to friends and family, was a legal adult at the time of disappearance and it is likely this led to a short-lived investigation into her disappearance.
snip
Her grandmother, Deborah Knight, said her granddaughter had a close relationship with her mother, Barbara Knight, who was left to post missing persons flyers throughout Cleveland’s west side by herself long after police halted their search.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/b...ht/story-fndir2ev-1226637489800#ixzz2SjC2wnLn

more at link^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member