Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Michelle would have to be legally deemed incompetent (or whatever the correct terminology would be) before a legal process for guardianship would even be considered.

This. An there is no doubt in my mind that Gina and Amanda know about Michelle's past. They had far to many days to talk about their life and their families. Just as they saved each other all those yrs from AC they will make sure they save her now.

I am less concerned that she has them but more concerned she will try to get them via court. That is the last thing that Michelle needs even if there is no way a sane judge would give the mom rights

Good point. Michelle doesn't need that. But at the very least it would take time for them to gather the info that they might think would help them in court and to file. Which means more time for Michelle.

Then just because they file in court and try to prove her incompetent (using 10 year old info that is likely not valid any longer) does not mean that the judge will see it their way. Michelle has a lot going for her. She survived captivity, she delivered a baby and helped it breathe, she survived. She also is receiving *advertiser censored* supportive care. And Michelle will have the chance to show how Mom may not be trying to act to her benefit. Any past abuse will come in. Any history of poor decisions.

As well as the fact that Mom walked off and didn't even look for her. As well as the fact that after her discovery Mom wasn't even willing to come back to even see her unless LE called her and told her it had been proven that it was Michelle. Also any "deals" with news media networks would come out, including if any media financed her trip to Ohio. The public spectacle she is when she is chasing Michelle out of the hospital, trying to locate her even after she was told that Michelle didn't want to see her will be taken into account.

Then even if a judge should under some slight chance declare her incompetent, I would think in this situation that the judge probably try to appoint an independent guardian for Michelle. And after all that it is likely that Mom would have destroyed any possible chance of a future relationship with her daughter. Because even if Michelle might relent there is no guarantee that a guardian would relent.

I am very concerned about these three girls not really being Castro's only three victims. The main reason I say that is because of hollye's wonderful map. I have used her map as a reference so that I could make an image to share here based on her work (and I am being careful to give credit where it is due :) ). Please note the scale of this - one inch is equal to 2000 feet. The very close proximity of these girls going missing to one another and to Castro's house makes me very suspicious.

(Last seen location of Amanda Berry is the red pushpin, Michelle Knight is the purple one, Gina DeJesus is the yellow one)

It will be good for Gina too, her mom said she was scared and didnt want to stay in her room alone so the family set up inflatable mattresses to stay with her in the living room.

Maybe the two together will be able to help each other over night time fears etc.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...night-visitors/story?id=19147785#.UY1228pc30c
Just catching up and jumping off or your post.
Where are people getting that Michelle is staying with Gina and her family? This article linked above clearly states:
Michelle Knight, however, did not appear at the DeJesus home.

I did see the daily mail article but I don't really think they have accurate facts most time, such as them saying in one of their articles that Deborah is the aunt of Michelle and not the grandmother. sigh

MOO

CNN is currently reporting that a house next door to Castros that has been vacant for some time is roped off by police tape at the moment and LE is inside "searching for evidence".

The house is yellow, just for the sake of being specific for those who do a lot of mapwork.

IIRC they were there a couple days ago too.

Interesting excerpt from Natascha Kampusch's book; she was held hostage by a man in Germany for eight years starting at age 10, and here tells what she faced once she was freed - something with which the three Cleveland women also may be faced:

After kidnap: Natascha Kampusch on being freed after 8 years in captivity (Guardian)

I believe I will buy her book at some point. I already admire this woman greatly for the strength she so clearly has. This excerpt alone says volumes about her --

"But despite my openness, the media wouldn't let go. One headline followed the next, and more and more absurd speculations dominated the reports. It seemed as if the horrible truth by itself wouldn't be horrible enough, as if it had to be embellished above and beyond any bearable degree. The house in which I had been forced to spend so many years of my youth was surrounded by curious onlookers. Everybody wanted to feel the cold shudder of terror. For me it was an absolute horror that a perverse admirer of the kidnapper might purchase that house, that it might become a place of pilgrimage. That is why I made sure that it was not sold, but was granted to me as "damages". By so doing, I had reconquered and reclaimed a part of my past."

It is possible that Michele's problems, mental or not, were the result of being around her mother? Could it be that Michele's association with Amanda and Gina all these years has provided her the support she needed to overcome those problems, even though she was subjected to other horrors during those years?

Reading over Michele's original missing person report (that a poster here linked earlier), she has a mental disability and gets confused. Ok, that is her mom's opinion which may or may not be accurate. However, if it is, as her next of kin, her mother may have some legal rights to get some sort of custody of her. I'm concerned about Michele's future and whether she is capable of caring for herself.

In the missing person report, she is stated as being 4'7" and 160 pounds, nickname 'shorty'. Unusual.

Surely her mother would be found incompetent. I'm also wondering whether her mother is making a fuss because of public pressure. Everyone is judging whatever she does.

Reading over Michele's original missing person report (that a poster here linked earlier), she has a mental disability and gets confused. Ok, that is her mom's opinion which may or may not be accurate. However, if it is, as her next of kin, her mother may have some legal rights to get some sort of custody of her. I'm concerned about Michele's future and whether she is capable of caring for herself.

In the missing person report, she is stated as being 4'7" and 160 pounds, nickname 'shorty'. Unusual.

A lady who abandoned her child in a dumpster should never have a legal right to anyone ever again...... Not even a dog.

Michelle is an adult. Just because she might have some mental disability, doesn't mean her mother has some legal rights or get custody of her.

Who knows if it's even true? I read a story yesterday that said she was a very bright girl. I think it was her cousin that was quoted.

It would not surprise me if the mother told police that to get them to take her serious that Michelle didn't walk away

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...d-from-the-hospital-and-family-wasnt-notified

Article I posted the other day
Metro Health Medical Center said Knight is an adult who is able to make her own decisions. The hospital is there to protect a patient’s rights

Barbara Knight, who lives in Naples, Fla., said before seeing her daughter that she was “probably angry at the world.”

“She thought she would never be found but thank God somebody did,” Knight told the “Today” show Wednesday before heading to Cleveland to reunite with her daughter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ght-article-1.1338149?localLinksEnabled=false

Michelles comment Michelle Knight is in good spirits and would like the community to know that she is extremely grateful for the outpouring of flowers and gifts. She is especially thankful for the Cleveland Courage Fund. She asks that everyone please continue to respect her privacy at this time

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/299031/45/Michelle-Knight-thanks-everyone-for-support-

Michells family should not be putting words in her mouth and saying alot of the things they are saying. Words hurt people and for them to be saying she has the mind of a child and so on is damaging to a persons self esteem. Michelle is very smart the actions of Michelle speak louder than the words of her family.

A lady who abandoned her child in a dumpster should never have a legal right to anyone ever again...... Not even a dog.

I agree. I think that Michelle knows something about her or she wants the money only. Did she ever visited her grandson? Of course not! I hope that Michelle will recover and find her son. I am only thinking now on her and her boy!

I think Michelles mom is afraid of what Michelle might say about her and how she parented Michelle.. I believe by hiring a lawyer is proof the mother is shaking like a Chihuahua.. She knows now that Michelle will have professionals to speak to and help her through her trouble past...
I have been wondering if Michelle even went "missing" or if she was "given".

I think Michelles mom is afraid of what Michelle might say about her and how she parented Michelle.. I believe by hiring a lawyer is proof the mother is shaking like a Chihuahua.. She knows now that Michelle will have professionals to speak to and help her through her trouble past...
I have been wondering if Michelle even went "missing" or if she was "given".

I expressed this concern to my husband days ago. Just a hunch.

I agree. I think that Michelle knows something about her or she wants the money only. Did she ever visited her grandson? Of course not! I hope that Michelle will recover and find her son. I am only thinking now on her and her boy!

Michelle's mother may not be aware of where her grandson is. He could have been adopted out by CPS. Depending on the circumstances, it may not be the best thing for the boy and Michelle to be reunited at this time. Michelle has a lot of healing to do before she'll be ready to take care of a 13 year old boy, IMO.

“I’m not saying Michelle is legally incompetent. That’s baloney. But nothing she says is reliable. Anyone that damaged doesn’t have a handle on what they need,” Milano said.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_n...z2SwFdzpNP

So, what is mom afraid of? What is the mother expecting Michelle to say? Funny how quick someone can get a lawyer when panicked.

The hospital already told us michelle is of sound mind to make her own choices and decisions.

Michelle should slap a restraining order on her mother and charge her with harassing. Sicken that this mother is willing to shove her daughter into another form of prision, sick that Michelle niw has to deal with lawyers and such, less than a week of her freedom... Why does this mother want her locked up again by denying Michelle the right to make her own choices? This mother is afraid the truth will come out..IMO

Michelle's mother may not be aware of where her grandson is. He could have been adopted out by CPS. Depending on the circumstances, it may not be the best thing for the boy and Michelle to be reunited at this time. Michelle has a lot of healing to do before she'll be ready to take care of a 13 year old boy, IMO.
Under U.S low, is it allowed to adopt a child without parents approval? Not in my country. Also, since my friend is working on this mater in my country, i know that grand parents can visit the child whichnis placedwithnthe foster care or in the institution. I agree this is not the best time and I hope that he had happy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member