Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the article says Michelle didn't appear at Gina's house, doesn't mean she isn't there. It just means the media didn't see her.

Gina's family says Michelle is not with them.

“I’m not saying Michelle is legally incompetent. That’s baloney. But nothing she says is reliable. Anyone that damaged doesn’t have a handle on what they need,” Milano said.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_n...z2SwFdzpNP

So, what is mom afraid of? What is the mother expecting Michelle to say? Funny how quick someone can get a lawyer when panicked.

The hospital already told us michelle is of sound mind to make her own choices and decisions.

Michelle should slap a restraining order on her mother and charge her with harassing. Sicken that this mother is willing to shove her daughter into another form of prision, sick that Michelle niw has to deal with lawyers and such, less than a week of her freedom... Why does this mother want her locked up again by denying Michelle the right to make her own choices? This mother is afraid the truth will come out..IMO

People who are close to the girls can get on TV. They might even be paid for it. And people have been giving Michelle money. And there may be more money in the future.

People who aren't in the know, aren't as wanted for media interviews. People who don't know anything aren't in demand. And people who aren't involved with Michelle don't have any access to her money.

IMO

IDK, but that would be a waste of money. No lawyer can get you visitation rights with an adult, who doesn't want to see you.

They can do a lot. They can make sure third parties are not blocking access or limiting/misconstruing information and messages. They can start proceedings to ensure the competency of the relative in order to determine if a conservatorship is necessary. They can deal with public perception and relations and put public pressure on various entities to make sure their messages are getting brought to the family member and that they are not being denied access by third parties.

I don't know that he's doing a great job for Michelle's mom but she is legally next of kin and would have rights if Michelle was not competent or was susceptible to fraud.

“I’m not saying Michelle is legally incompetent. That’s baloney. But nothing she says is reliable. Anyone that damaged doesn’t have a handle on what they need,” Milano said.

Except she hasn't said anything yet? The only thing we have heard from her is that one report from her saying she was in good spirits and thanking everyone.

He means, I think, Michelle's refusal to accept all visitors, including family.

I'm still 5 pages behind, but I had to share. Have y'all seen Amanda's family in Tennessee? I'm just going to put this here. This is her dad:

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/21/43/44/4602126/3/960x595.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/08/kidnap-victims-father-never-lost-hope/2145689/

I mean....

I really, really hope these people aren't coming out of the woodwork for money. Poor girls.

Wait. We are now judging people because of how they look? Woodwork? If that's Amandas dad, he has a right to want to see her. None of us know the situation and I think it's rude to cast aspersions on family, especially based just on looks.

Btw, I don't know the full story of Michelle's family but I'm also leery of the quick jump I'm seeing people make to completely lambaste her and judge her as a wicked, neglectful, uncaring mother just out for money - the latter which makes nO sense to me. None of us know the situation with any of these gals or their families. I notice many are willing to take as gospel truth anything evil said about Michelle's mother while refusing to believe reports about police incompetency because reports may not be reliable. Can we be consistent?

You know, these girls came from an economically depressed area and some of their family members may have had hard lives that made them have less access to resources and the emotional fortitude necessary to behaving in a manner or looking in a way we expect them to.

Until I hear that any family member or friend or neighbor or whoever is coldly attempting to profit off the misery of these gals, I'm giving everyone a break and leaving the anger where it belongs: With the monster who caused so much misery.

I just spent the last few hours reading about the story of Natascha Kampusch. Her story is very similar to these victims and she has not had an easy time of "getting on with" her life. It really gives good insight as to what it's like to be held for so long and then rescued.

This is her thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42481&highlight='Natascha+Kampusch

And this a link to several articles from the DailyMail including excerpts of her book about the ordeal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/sea...From=&dateTo=&_authornamef=on&_personnames=on

We don't know Michelle's family, but it's rather obvious Michelle had a really hard life prior to being kidnapped. Her child was removed by CPS because of abuse inflicated on the child. Is it any surprise if Michelle doesn't want to see her family members? Nobody blocked Gina or Amanda from going back home.
So I fail to see why anybody would block Michelle if she wanted to go back to her family. She is an adult, she has a right to make her own decisions.
I haven't seen anything to suggest she is somehow incompetent.
From what we are told, she was able to deliver an infant and saved infant's life, without any medical education.

They can do a lot. They can make sure third parties are not blocking access or limiting/misconstruing information and messages. They can start proceedings to ensure the competency of the relative in order to determine if a conservatorship is necessary. They can deal with public perception and relations and put public pressure on various entities to make sure their messages are getting brought to the family member and that they are not being denied access by third parties.

I don't know that he's doing a great job for Michelle's mom but she is legally next of kin and would have rights if Michelle was not competent or was susceptible to fraud.

He means, I think, Michelle's refusal to accept all visitors, including family.

Wait. We are now judging people because of how they look? Woodwork? If that's Amandas dad, he has a right to want to see her. None of us know the situation and I think it's rude to cast aspersions on family, especially based just on looks.

Btw, I don't know the full story of Michelle's family but I'm also leery of the quick jump I'm seeing people make to completely lambaste her and judge her as a wicked, neglectful, uncaring mother just out for money - the latter which makes nO sense to me. None of us know the situation with any of these gals or their families. I notice many are willing to take as gospel truth anything evil said about Michelle's mother while refusing to believe reports about police incompetency because reports may not be reliable. Can we be consistent?

You know, these girls came from an economically depressed area and some of their family members may have had hard lives that made them have less access to resources and the emotional fortitude necessary to behaving in a manner or looking in a way we expect them to.

Until I hear that any family member or friend or neighbor or whoever is coldly attempting to profit off the misery of these gals, I'm giving everyone a break and leaving the anger where it belongs: With the monster who caused so much misery.

I couldn't not agree with you more. I see people saying we should forgive Charles Ramsey's past (he's a deadbeat dad who abused his wife, for gosh sakes) when determining his credibility, yet those same people are unwilling to bend an inch for Michelle's mom. It may be that the mom's concern is only for her daughter's well being. We don't know. We also don't know what's going through Michelle's head and why she doesn't want to see her mother or want to see ANYONE according to the reports. Her mother may be right in believing that Michelle doesn't know what she needs right now, she's been through a horrific ordeal and may want to close herself off from the world entirely which could possibly be the worst thing she could do.

On 20/20 last night, the DeJesus mom said Michelle was there. I dunno...maybe I heard wrong or maybe things have changed since the program's information.

I honestly think that she is with Gina's family. But noone is admitting it because they want Michelle's mother to stay away. So I think that they just snuck her in, and now are playing koi, in order to deflect any questions as to where she is so that Michelle's family stays away.

I couldn't not agree with you more. I see people saying we should forgive Charles Ramsey's past (he's a deadbeat dad who abused his wife, for gosh sakes) when determining his credibility, yet those same people are unwilling to bend an inch for Michelle's mom. It may be that the mom's concern is only for her daughter's well being. We don't know. We also don't know what's going through Michelle's head and why she doesn't want to see her mother or want to see ANYONE according to the reports. Her mother may be right in believing that Michelle doesn't know what she needs right now, she's been through a horrific ordeal and may want to close herself off from the world entirely which could possibly be the worst thing she could do.

If she doesn't want to see her mother, then she doesn't want to see her mother.
She is an adult. I am not going to assume she doesn't know what's best for her.
I am sure victim's advocates are helping her with this.

I honestly think that she is with Gina's family. But noone is admitting it because they want Michelle's mother to stay away. So I think that they just snuck her in, and now are playing koi, in order to deflect any questions as to where she is so that Michelle's family stays away.

How could they sneak her in with all the press camping next to their house? I don't think she is there at all. I think something was arranged by victim advocate groups.

1> Through son in dumpster (statement by son)
2> Michelle was raped by step-father,her husband
3> Michelle lost son due to step father abusing son,, (her mother reports)
4> If Michelle was raped AT SCHOOL where are the police reports and/or court documents?
5> She hung fliers BUT WHAT DID SHE DO AFTER THAT? SHE LEFT TOWN. NO VIGILS, NO MEDIA ATTENTION. SHE GAVE UP.

I am not bashing Michelle's mom but when I see a woman whose past involvement in Michelle's life is questionable stating to the press through her counsel that Michelle has no handle on what she needs and calling her damaged, it riles me up. This is not a child. This is a woman we are discussing.

If Michelle has any mental deficits or competency issues, I question if BK is the person to be making decisions about her well being as Michelle has apparently decided she is not ready to deal with BK and given BK's previous decisions made which are documented in court records (ie. the BF who raped Michelle and who harmed Michelle's child)

I will continue to take my cues from the VICTIM, Michelle Knight as to what she would like to see happen in regards to her mother.

That is simply me.

We can see that Michelle was victimized and abused and bullied by her stepfather. I think it is also possible that Michelle's mother was also victimized by him. But I do understand why Michelle might be angry with her still to this day.

Gina's family may be denying that Michelle is there with them, simply to keep her family away. The media were told that they could stay there until friday morning and after that police would make them leave. So she could have been snuck into the home on friday afternoon, without anyone knowing about it!

But all that changed when three classmates “grabbed her by the arm and raped her at the school,” the great-aunt said. “That’s how she had Joey.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tion-vic-gang-raped-jr-high-article-1.1339798

This is the aunt's version of events. Court records show different. She was abused by her step father and so was her child and she lost her child due to the abuse. This sounds to me like the changing "event". Her mother failed to protect her and the child and the child was taken away. Why wouldn't the grandmother be able to have custody? I'm sure there is more to this story. Her life was traumatic before the kidnapping and to put her back in an environment where she wasn't protected before after this, would be horrible for her. Who would make sure that she got the proper care to heal from this?

She is an adult and has the right to choose who she wants to allow in her life at this time. Apparently it's not her family and it appears from court records there are good reasons for that.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349937

Although Michelle refused to see her mother and great-aunt she saw her twin brother Freddie Knight. He visited her at the hospital and described the meeting as an emotional reunion.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/michelle_knight_plagued_by_tro.html

Barbara Knight said she hopes she and her daughter will reunite -- and that she can atone for the role she played in her daughter's troubled life leading up to her disappearance on Aug. 23, 2002.

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...ly.remains.in.hospital.report.video/32443.htm

She had vanished after losing a custody battle with child welfare authorities over her son, who was three at the time. Some of her family members thought she had run off after losing custody of her child.

bbm

It sounds to me like everybody, family, friends and the victims need therapy. All of them have been affected by this very horrifying ordeal. Criticism isn't going to help anyone. IMo

I didn't say that I think they are. I said I hope they aren't.

I just don't trust people who move to a different state after a relative is abducted. If my daughter were missing, I would spend every single waking moment looking for her. I would not pick up and move.

Well, I think it's hard to say what you would do if you were in another persons shoes. We don't know if they lost their minds and needed fámily support in another region. We don't know anything. Except apparently dad may never have lived in Ohio to begin with.

And I think if that was what was meant by your post- that you were critical because the dad left town- you probably would have posted that instead of links to articles showing tons of photos of a scraggly haired, shirtless heavily tattoed man with no mention of him leaving town.

1> Through son in dumpster (statement by son)
2> Michelle was raped by step-father,her husband
3> Michelle lost son due to step father abusing son,, (her mother reports)
4> If Michelle was raped AT SCHOOL where are the police reports and/or court documents?
5> She hung fliers BUT WHAT DID SHE DO AFTER THAT? SHE LEFT TOWN. NO VIGILS, NO MEDIA ATTENTION. SHE GAVE UP.

All of that may be true or some of it or none of it. I don't know because I wasn't there. Were you?

I have heard the mother say she has come back repeatedly to put up fliers and that she never have up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum