Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think it's hard to say what you eons do if you were in another persons shoes. We don't know if they lost their minds and needed fámily support in another region. We don't know anything. Except apparently sad may never have lived in Ohio to begin with.

And I think if that was what was meant by your post- that you were critical because the dad left town- you provably would have posted that instead of links to articles showing tons of photos of a scraggly haired, shirtless heavily tattoed man with no mention of him leaving town.

All of that may be true or some of it or none of it. I don't know because I wasn't there. Were you?

I have heard the mother say she has come back repeatedly to put up fliers and that she never have up hope.

Personally, I don't believe that. Why would you go to all the trouble of putting up fliers, but not pop into the local LE office and give them your contact details?

Surely if she came back, she would have spoken to the police to ask them how the investigation was going?

As for Michelle's mental capacity, in my opinion, she is a very smart person. She survived 10 years of hell by learning how to behave in order to keep herself alive. She assisted in a birth without any medical training and resusitated a newborn baby. She was there on her own for a couple of years, so survived without any help. I think she's perfectly capable of making up her own mind as to who she want to see.

None of us presumably were there. But being there is not the criteria to "know something."
Unless you are saying you don't believe court records?

Did Michelle go missing the day before testifying against moms ex-BF? Or did she go missing the day before court for her son?

1> Through son in dumpster (statement by son)
2> Michelle was raped by step-father,her husband
3> Michelle lost son due to step father abusing son,, (her mother reports)
4> If Michelle was raped AT SCHOOL where are the police reports and/or court documents?
5> She hung fliers BUT WHAT DID SHE DO AFTER THAT? SHE LEFT TOWN. NO VIGILS, NO MEDIA ATTENTION. SHE GAVE UP.

Not to mention that BK herself has admitted there were "strains" between her and Michelle before her abduction

“That I love you and I missed you all this time and hopefully whatever happened between us, if something did, I hope it heals because I really want to take her back to Florida with me,” Barbara Knight said, pleading for a reconciliation. “I don’t want to leave her here up in Cleveland.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/michelle_knight_mom_thrilled_to_cC3LkdPRfWp6DANe5Jl7HI
(There are other articles where she puts it a little stronger, but I wasn't able to find it just now)

And she took her lawyer with her to the hospital, after previous attempts to see her daughter were rebuffed.

"I talked to the lawyer for the hospital who told me, 'I don't know if she's here. I'll get back to you, Jay,'" Milano said. They then heard from the press that Michelle Knight had been discharged.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-...ospital-family/story?id=19147785#.UY6VjE7D9jo

Instead of sending her a note or a letter, and giving Michelle the opportunity to respond if she wished to, when she was ready to, she keeps trying to force herself into the situation.

And even though she is not getting to see her daughter, she is continually showing up in the press, giving interviews. Certainly if her daughter wasn't getting her messages, it is very likely she is seeing her requests on TV.

My anger is toward AC. But mom is rapidly gaining ground. At least AC is no longer a danger to her. He can no longer control her.

Personally, I don't believe that. Why would you go to all the trouble of putting up fliers, but not pop into the local LE office and give them your contact details?

Surely if she came back, she would have spoken to the police to ask them how the investigation was going?

As for Michelle's mental capacity, in my opinion, she is a very smart person. She survived 10 years of hell by learning how to behave in order to keep herself alive. She assisted in a birth without any medical training and resusitated a newborn baby. She was there on her own for a couple of years, so survived without any help. I think she's perfectly capable of making up her own mind as to who she want to see.

Like I said, some of the allegations may be true or may nOt be. What I pointed out is my discomfort with people pouring hatred on this woman based on "facts" they are taking as gospel truth. Some of which contradict one another. Now you are saying it simply what you believe based on deductive reasoning. Well, that's certainly fair. But I don't think it's enough grounds to bash and spew hatred at a woman whose child was missing for 11 years, or to accuse her of just wanting to profit off her daughter. That's just offensive to me. None of us know the full story or what's in these people's hearts. What don't we keep the anger confined to the one who actually caused this horror until we actually hear from the horses mouth that family or others have harmed them or are trying to profit?

You know, I notice that in cases like these, the horror is so great that the collective rage tends to spill out and over anyone in its path, whether it's logical to do so or not, simply because the rage and fear and pain is too great to confine to one individual.

So, the police are criticized for not doing more, the neighbors or family members of the perp are criticized for not doing more or for not knowing what was happening, anyone who speaks out or who did get involved is accused of lying or trying to cash in and even family are criticized for not doing more, caring enough, or are accused of trying to profit.

Some of that criticism may have some merit. But often it's just boundless and neglectful rage.

I think that can be irresponsible. These are real people and real lives. We are now letting the hate and evil of the perp spread outward and continue to do more harm.

I believe life in prison is a far worse punishment than death-- And it this case especially it is sweet irony.

For the most part I agree. 99% of the time, life in prison is worse then death. Most of these type of people have nothing to live for anyway. Many of them want to die. Thats why many of them try to get killed in a shootout with the police, rather then be apprehended.

Castro's life is already over. His own family considers him to be already dead. Executing him would accomplish nothing.

Well, right not Michelle doesn't appear to want to see her mother.
Why shouldn't her wishes be followed? Are you arguing she has to be forced to see her mother?

From the link:

The state's Bureau of Criminal Investigation worked through the night to process a sample of Castro's DNA received late Thursday afternoon, DeWine said. The DNA was compared to other profile's in the state's database, but did not match any other Ohio cases. The FBI will now run the sample through its database to determine whether it matches any national cases, DeWine said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...leveland-abduction-cold-blood-kidnap/2149831/

Now that doesn't mean he hasn't committed any other abductions IMO, because I would guess there wasn't any DNA found in Gina or Michelle's or Amanda's abductions either.

:clap: I so agree with this.

Like I said, some of the allegations may be true or may nOt be. What I pointed out is my discomfort with people pouring hatred on this woman based on "facts" they are taking as gospel truth. Some of which contradict one another. Now you are saying it simply what you believe based on deductive reasoning. Well, that's certainly fair. But I don't think it's enough grounds to bash and spew hatred at a woman whose child was missing for 11 years, or to accuse her of just wanting to profit off her daughter. That's just offensive to me. None of us know the full story or what's in these people's hearts. What don't we keep the anger confined to the one who actually caused this horror until we actually hear from the horses mouth that family or others have harmed them or are trying to profit?

You know, I notice that in cases like these, the horror is so great that the collective rage tends to spill out and over anyone in its path, whether it's logical to do so or not, simply because the rage and fear and pain is too great to confine to one individual.

So, the police are criticized for not doing more, the neighbors or family members of the perp are criticized for not doing more or for not knowing what was happening, anyone who speaks out or who did get involved is accused uof lying or trying to cash in and even family are criticized for not doing more, caring enough, or are accused of trying to profit.

Some of that criticism may have some merit. But often it's just boundless and neglectful rage.

I think that can be irresponsible. These are real people and real lives. We are now letting the hate and evil of the perp spread outward and continue to do more harm.

Michelle saying she doesn't want to see her mother is enough "fact" for me. She is 32 yrs old, released form a hospital who deemed her fit to make that choice.

For the mother to turn around and hire a lawyer speaks volumes to me. Also, the little info that Michelles family chose to hare with the public has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to her mother.

I do not hate Michelle Knights mother BK. I simply have tremendous sympathy for what Michelle has lived through, both before and after her kidnapping and most importantly, I respect her rights.

IF her mother truly has concerns about her well being and that she may be being "kept" from Michelle by third parties; her remedy is court and a guardianship process, not the press and not by further victimizing her daughter by calling her damaged in the national press.

MOO

None of us presumably were there. But being there is not the criteria to "know something."
Unless you are saying you don't believe court records?

I think you are asking me. If so, its easier for me to find posts to respond to if you actually quote me.

What Court records? Please link me to court records that actually prove that Michelle's mom allowed someone to abuse her child or grandchild? Or that prove she herself was neglectful or abusive? Or didnt care and left town without ever trying to find her daughter again? Because I haven't seen those.

We don't know the full story or the situation. We don't know what really happened. We know there is a mother with a somewhat flat affect who says she never gave up hope, that she wants to see her child and we know that she hasn't and that a statement was made that Michelle isn't accepting visitors. We also know mom said there was some sort of rift between them. That's about all we really know.

I think we can afford to stop raging at this woman or accusing her of simply trying to cash in until we know more. She could have been a bad mother. Or maybe just a poor one with little hope or the emotional fortitude to get out of a bad situation. And maybe, if she had some bad moments or years as a parent, as a human, maybe she has changed. We don't know.

All I know is an evil man caused untold terror and misery for many people and I don't want to continue to let his evil have a ripple effect.

I haven't said anything about mother allowing abuse, but mother did admit her boyfriend abused her grandson. This child was removed by CPS. Court records show a man has been convicted for abusing the child. Generally posters here don't feel kindly toward women whose boyfriends are abusive toward their children or grandchildren.

"The mother later believes that an abusive man with whom she had a relationship abused Michelle Knight's toddler son."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/09/michelle-knight-cleveland-abduction/2149003/

Knight met with her mother Barbara Knight, who flew in from Naples, Fla., briefly on Wednesday, but afterward, that request for privacy also applied to family.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...knight-avoids-public-family-article-1.1341364
Knight met with her mother, Barbara Knight, briefly on Wednesday but then refused to see her again.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...nd_captive_is_refusing_to_see_her_family.html

She did see her mother, evidently long enough to know that they did not need to know where she went.

I don't blame her i bit. jmo

Well this is important. It means hospital staff judged her to be a competent adult!

I'm really behind reading

and a competent baby deliver'er(is that a word?) and save the baby's life and her's. Michelle is more competent than her own mother.IMO

1> Through son in dumpster (statement by son)
2> Michelle was raped by step-father,her husband
3> Michelle lost son due to step father abusing son,, (her mother reports)
4> If Michelle was raped AT SCHOOL where are the police reports and/or court documents?
5> She hung fliers BUT WHAT DID SHE DO AFTER THAT? SHE LEFT TOWN. NO VIGILS, NO MEDIA ATTENTION. SHE GAVE UP.
Was it step father or boyfriend? Also, the mother left town years after the dissapearance. When there has been a person missing for a long time, it is common to assume that person is dead and move on with your life. Some will say they can't, but we have to.

Article talking about the abuse and the abuser:

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/22211114/michelle-knight-recover-continues-in-the-hospital

Here is Michelle's missing persons file that shows they had trouble contacting relatives for updates. It does not mention the mother ever calling to check on progress, but I don't know if it would be customary for them to note this on the file or not. It appears she didn't update them with contact info though, in case her daughter was found.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/699108-michelle-knight-missing-file.html#document/p1

The mother herself said they was strain when Michelle left and the date she disappeared was just a few days before she was to testify against her mother's boyfriend.

I'm not bashing anyone all though it may appear that way. I am simply concerned for the best interest of Michelle and her getting proper care and healing. Because of what happened before she was abducted, I think going back to that environment at this point could be very traumatizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum