Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet.

Castro had jumped into his blue sports car, leaving behind the women as he always does.

Sometimes he takes the child -- the 6-year-old girl who calls him Daddy. But not this evening.

Inside the house, Berry stares at the front door. Castro has left it unlocked. Is he testing her? He does that sometimes. She thinks about it some more. Will she have another opportunity? She moves toward the door, pulls it open.

Another door. A storm door. Chained or bolted so it can't open wide enough for her to escape.

Berry sees people outside on a neighbor's porch. She cries out and reaches through the crack.

"Help get me out of here!"

The next seconds are a blur.

After some effort -- Berry won't remember all of the details -- the bottom panel in the storm door gives way. She grabs her daughter, who was born six years ago in a plastic swimming pool. Soon both are on the other side. Outside. Free.

The girl last seen wearing her Burger King uniform on April 21, 2003 emerges May 6, 2013, as a 27-year old woman wearing a white tank top and light blue sweatpants. She and her daughter rush across the street. She dials 9-1-1 from a neighbor's telephone.

The rescue of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight: 30 minutes that ended a decade of nightmares

It sounds impossible to me that Arlene (Gina's friend) never saw any evidence of her father's violence:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/1...ros-children-reported-abuse-threats-to-police

I agree, but then it also sounds impossible to me that people were IN THE HOUSE where the girls were being held and they didn't know something was very, very wrong. Sure there've been reports of people hearing strange noises and thinking all the locks on the doors were a little strange, but it seems AC was always able to explain things away fairly easily. I'm not saying anything bad about the people who were in or near the house and didn't realize what was going on, just saying that apparently even what seems impossible is true sometimes, sadly.

For Cleveland women, ordeal of recovery begins now

"It's sort of like coming out of a coma," says Dr. Barbara Greenberg, a psychologist who specializes in treating abused teenagers. "It's a very isolating and bewildering experience."

In the world the women left behind, a gallon of gas cost about $1.80. Barack Obama was a state senator. Phones were barely taking pictures. Things did not "go viral." There was no YouTube, no Facebook, no iPhone.

Emerging into the future is difficult enough. The two younger Cleveland women are doing it without the benefit of crucial formative years.

"By taking away their adolescence, they weren't able to develop emotional and psychological and social skills," says Duane Bowers, who counsels traumatized families through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

"They're 10 years behind in these skills. Those need to be caught up before they can work on reintegrating into society," he says.

Just jumping off your post. What about J?

When we think and talk about the period of healing and reintegrating into society we usually think of the three women, but what about Amanda's daughter, J? She has a lot of catching up to do as well. She has never played and interacted with other children her age, has never spent a night away from her mother (I assume), hasn't been in kindergarden, etc. She is probably very attached to her mother, she might be fearful of letting go, going somewhere without her, with other adults, other children. She is not used to strangers. This might also make Amanda's recovery more difficult, or at least more tricky. For J's sake, Amanda can not simply stay hidden away for too long, I think it would be counterproductive for J to live in a secluded house or facility with her mother to escape the media.

Your thoughts?

BBM: Oh, can you link to an article that evidences that no one ever saw a flyer about Michelle? Just because we have not heard someone say they saw Barbara Knight put up a flyer doesn;t mean it never happened. Just because no one knew she was missing doesn't mean that was the mother's fault.

I didn't say 'no one' I said 'people there'. People who claim to have lived there all their lives and have never heard about her missing or seen her flyer. Even her own brother was never told - odd? Yeah it is. Sorry, but MY OPINION is 'mom' was just fine with Michelle being gone and her concern is for her own self. Who doesn't call the police on a regular basis to find out if there is any info, ESPECIALLY after moving away?? So yes, it is the mothers fault in my opinion. Let the public know your daughter is missing whether run away or not and be involved with LE at least to give contact info.

I burst out crying reading this ~ the things that got these girls through ~ bless them!!

‘I used to look at that car and think of her. I hope she was thinking of it too, and of us, while she was in there and I hope that helped her to get through it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Cleveland-house-horrors.html#ixzz2T2b36wYF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What a wonderful article.... Here's more of the quote from the grandpa:

Now I’m going to fix it up. I kept the fancy hubcaps in the house so they wouldn’t get stolen.

‘I’m as pleased as punch I’ll finally be able to teach her to drive in it. We’ll get a booster seat for the little one and make it a regular palace on wheels.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Cleveland-house-horrors.html#ixzz2T2dYgBze

Amanda talking about the car she had been promised is making me think that the girls minds are right back to what was going on in their lives before the nightmare began. One of the talking heads said it was like coming out of a coma.
In 03 our Kaelie was in a car accident and kept in a drug induced coma for weeks. The first time she started communicating she was crawling around in a screened in bed saying "what are all those cops doing here". Of course we were in a hospital room. She was remembering the accident with all the officers there. Her last memory.
I wonder if that's whats happening to the girls, especially Michelle who might have a not to pleasant memory prior to her kidnapping. imo

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet.

Castro had jumped into his blue sports car, leaving behind the women as he always does.

Sometimes he takes the child -- the 6-year-old girl who calls him Daddy. But not this evening.

Inside the house, Berry stares at the front door. Castro has left it unlocked. Is he testing her? He does that sometimes. She thinks about it some more. Will she have another opportunity? She moves toward the door, pulls it open.

Another door. A storm door. Chained or bolted so it can't open wide enough for her to escape.

Berry sees people outside on a neighbor's porch. She cries out and reaches through the crack.

"Help get me out of here!"

The next seconds are a blur.

After some effort -- Berry won't remember all of the details -- the bottom panel in the storm door gives way. She grabs her daughter, who was born six years ago in a plastic swimming pool. Soon both are on the other side. Outside. Free.

The girl last seen wearing her Burger King uniform on April 21, 2003 emerges May 6, 2013, as a 27-year old woman wearing a white tank top and light blue sweatpants. She and her daughter rush across the street. She dials 9-1-1 from a neighbor's telephone.

The rescue of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight: 30 minutes that ended a decade of nightmares

Thanks wasn't good enough. An excellent article... Many additional details.

I agree, but then it also sounds impossible to me that people were IN THE HOUSE where the girls were being held and they didn't know something was very, very wrong. Sure there've been reports of people hearing strange noises and thinking all the locks on the doors were a little strange, but it seems AC was always able to explain things away fairly easily. I'm not saying anything bad about the people who were in or near the house and didn't realize what was going on, just saying that apparently even what seems impossible is true sometimes, sadly.

It sounds like they weren't there very long, ever. But what I find even more odd is that Castros son said there were always locks on the doors, even when he lived there in the 90s. There's a picture of him with his father in the kitchen in 2001, and you can see the lock on the door then. So it begs the question ..... were there other girls there before????

Just jumping off your post. What about J?

When we think and talk about the period of healing and reintegrating into society we usually think of the three women, but what about Amanda's daughter, J? She has a lot of catching up to do as well. She has never played and interacted with other children her age, has never spent a night away from her mother (I assume), hasn't been in kindergarden, etc. She is probably very attached to her mother, she might be fearful of letting go, going somewhere without her, with other adults, other children. She is not used to strangers. This might also make Amanda's recovery more difficult, or at least more tricky. For J's sake, Amanda can not simply stay hidden away for too long, I think it would be counterproductive for J to live in a secluded house or facility with her mother to escape the media.

Your thoughts?

Thinking about J also :( I'm not sure, if I was Amanda, that I would ever let her alone either though! She will be missing her 'daddy' no doubt and Michelle and Gina too as they were her entire world. Since she was taken to the park and possibly grandmas, hopefully she will adjust quickly ~ she's def. been out and about more than her mom.

BBM: Oh, can you link to an article that evidences that no one ever saw a flyer about Michelle? Just because we have not heard someone say they saw Barbara Knight put up a flyer doesn;t mean it never happened. Just because no one knew she was missing doesn't mean that was the mother's fault.

I won't say "no one" because that's a pretty wide blanket statement, but I can tell you this:

I live in the Cleveland area, I am in a town outside of the city.
I am the same age as MK.
I vividly remember missing posters for the other two girls, along with many others! I work in a place (for 10 years next month) that attracts a lot of foot traffic. I tend to pay very close attention to the posters just in case. At one point in my life I thought I would be the person who solved a missing persons case....

I do not ever remember any posters of MK. The name didn't ring a bell, nothing. I point out that we are the same age because one would think that, if LE was unwilling to make a big deal out of this missing person that someone in the family would be going to every local hot spot for a 20-something female. I recall nothing, I remember no one talking about it, not even in passing.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying that if it did, it wasn't very effective because neither myself or any of my friends/family seem to recall anything about her disappearance. :(

I just realized something and got another lump in my throat. Will tomorrow be Amanda's first celebration of Mother's Day with her daughter?

I know she's been a mother for 6 years, but I bet she's never truly celebrated the day with her daughter before.

Amanda talking about the car she had been promised is making me think that the girls minds are right back to what was going on in their lives before the nightmare began. One of the talking heads said it was like coming out of a coma.
In 03 our Kaelie was in a car accident and kept in a drug induced coma for weeks. The first time she started communicating she was crawling around in a screened in bed saying "what are all those cops doing here". Of course we were in a hospital room. She was remembering the accident with all the officers there. Her last memory.
I wonder if that's whats happening to the girls, especially Michelle who might have a not to pleasant memory prior to her kidnapping. imo

I'm guessing that that is one of those go-to memories that helped her get through the last 10 years.

I won't say "no one" because that's a pretty wide blanket statement, but I can tell you this:

I live in the Cleveland area, I am in a town outside of the city.
I am the same age as MK.
I vividly remember missing posters for the other two girls, along with many others! I work in a place (for 10 years next month) that attracts a lot of foot traffic. I tend to pay very close attention to the posters just in case. At one point in my life I thought I would be the person who solved a missing persons case....

I do not ever remember any posters of MK. The name didn't ring a bell, nothing. I point out that we are the same age because one would think that, if LE was unwilling to make a big deal out of this missing person that someone in the family would be going to every local hot spot for a 20-something female. I recall nothing, I remember no one talking about it, not even in passing.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying that if it did, it wasn't very effective because neither myself or any of my friends/family seem to recall anything about her disappearance. :(

If a parent doesn't push LE to find their missing loved one, then LE is probably not going to put much effort into it, IMO. Especially if the one who reported her missing thinks she ran away. Not bashing LE at all, just saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

But my heart breaks for her.

I burst out crying reading this ~ the things that got these girls through ~ bless them!!

‘I used to look at that car and think of her. I hope she was thinking of it too, and of us, while she was in there and I hope that helped her to get through it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Cleveland-house-horrors.html#ixzz2T2b36wYF

Awe thanks for this! One of the things that really hit me in this article was this:

A source close to Gina DeJesus claimed she was so traumatised, she was unable to sleep in a bedroom. ‘She was locked in a room for so long that she is now sleeping on an inflatable mattress in the living room,’ the source said.

‘She can’t stand the idea of being in a small room. She walks around the garden. She is beautifying herself, doing her nails and hair and experimenting with make-up. She’s been catching up on everything, reading women’s magazines, trying to figure out what she has missed and who the Kardashians are.’

I am a huge fan of the Kardashian's. God bless her it just goes to show how much they have really missed since EVERYONE knows who the Kardashian's are. I am hoping to get this article to the Karadashian girls so they see it.

Awe thanks for this! One of the things that really hit me in this article was this:

I am a huge fan of the Kardashian's. God bless her it just goes to show how much they have really missed since EVERYONE knows who the Kardashian's are. I am hoping to get this article to the Karadashian girls so they see it.

Great idea! Let me know if you need help .

The couple bought the house where the three women were held captive, built in 1950, in 1992 and raised their four young children there until they split in 1996.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-victim-grandfather-released-Cleveland-house-
horrors.html#ixzz2T2q3MXpc

BBM: what girls were missing in 1996.... i wonder if he took ohter girls prior to these 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum