Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the statement Michelle released. We should all take heed and consider that the criticism of her family and the talk about her background might be hurtful to Michelle.

“Michelle Knight is in good spirits and would like the community to know that she is extremely grateful for the outpouring of flowers and gifts. She is especially thankful for the Cleveland Courage Fund. She asks that everyone please continue to respect her privacy at this time,” the hospital said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...ht-released-hospital-20130510,0,1721154.story

There is only one suspect in the kidnapping. Focus on him and lay off the vicitms' and suspect's family members.

Awe thanks for this! One of the things that really hit me in this article was this:

I am a huge fan of the Kardashian's. God bless her it just goes to show how much they have really missed since EVERYONE knows who the Kardashian's are. I am hoping to get this article to the Karadashian girls so they see it.

bbm - Well I for one have no clue who they are! :D

This is the statement Michelle released. We should all take heed and consider that the criticism of her family and the talk about her background might be hurtful to Michelle.

“Michelle Knight is in good spirits and would like the community to know that she is extremely grateful for the outpouring of flowers and gifts. She is especially thankful for the Cleveland Courage Fund. She asks that everyone please continue to respect her privacy at this time,” the hospital said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...ht-released-hospital-20130510,0,1721154.story

There is only one suspect in the kidnapping. Focus on him and lay off the vicitms' and suspect's family members.

Thanks x 100000000 for this post because you are absolutely right that it might be hurtful to her to have everyone talking about her past.

Just jumping off your post. What about J?

When we think and talk about the period of healing and reintegrating into society we usually think of the three women, but what about Amanda's daughter, J? She has a lot of catching up to do as well. She has never played and interacted with other children her age, has never spent a night away from her mother (I assume), hasn't been in kindergarden, etc. She is probably very attached to her mother, she might be fearful of letting go, going somewhere without her, with other adults, other children. She is not used to strangers. This might also make Amanda's recovery more difficult, or at least more tricky. For J's sake, Amanda can not simply stay hidden away for too long, I think it would be counterproductive for J to live in a secluded house or facility with her mother to escape the media.

Your thoughts?

And if we are being honest her Mother, her father, Gina and Michelle are all she knows well. Suddenly there are people around her crying, her daddy is gone and so are Michelle and Gina. There is a new home and lots of strangers.

Yes, it will be a huge adjustment for her too. And it will have to be done very carefully. Because the monster everyone is talking about, is the only daddy she has and the only male she knows.

Anyone else find the mannequin thing odd. Not just the mannequin itself but the fear.

My children are young, but the second they find out something scary isn't real (halloween masks, etc) they are ok with it. They may not voluntarily play with it but the fear is gone.

What was so scary about this mannequin that even after finding out it is plastic the girls are terrified of it so much that it is used as a threat, and effectively I might add!

It just seems weird.

Anyone else find the mannequin thing odd. Not just the mannequin itself but the fear.

My children are young, but the second they find out something scary isn't real (halloween masks, etc) they are ok with it. They may not voluntarily play with it but the fear is gone.

What was so scary about this mannequin that even after finding out it is plastic the girls are terrified of it so much that it is used as a threat, and effectively I might add!

It just seems weird.
There must be more that's not been said.

Yes. Although I am not sure what the point is. Unless you got a lot of money and want to leave it to that adult.

The nice thing about healthy families is that they are always there for you and you can count on that forever. You belong. I think it would be nice for Michelle to be adopted.

In one of the articles linked today I read that Michelle is staying with Gina and her family, has that been confirmed? It's what I had hoped for.

Is it possible to adopt an adult?
The short answer is yes. I know of at least one adult who was adopted by a family he knew rather well (he had a bad childhood and no family). This allowed for the new "family" to have rights to his medical care among other things.

Not sure if there is any truth to this but if Michelle is alone, this might be just so perfect!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/k...-adopted-by-gina-dejesus-parents-video-95692/

It is up to Michele but this family is more than just nice, they are a place to heal and be loved which she needs more than anything. Dad is very protective and Mom is just amazing. Social workers and others can help but nothing takes the place of being loved for yourself and feeling safe within a family to start healing. Plus the girls can help each other understanding what each went through.

I hope she considers it seriously

That mannequin thing is beyond creepy. Like i said before, I keep thinking he couldn't get any worse and then another article comes out to prove myself wrong..

It is up to Michele but this family is more than just nice, they are a place to heal and be loved which she needs more than anything. Dad is very protective and Mom is just amazing. Social workers and others can help but nothing takes the place of being loved for yourself and feeling safe within a family to start healing. Plus the girls can help each other understanding what each went through.

I hope she considers it seriously

She is an adult and she never met neither mother nor father of Gina.

Just jumping off your post. What about J?

When we think and talk about the period of healing and reintegrating into society we usually think of the three women, but what about Amanda's daughter, J? She has a lot of catching up to do as well. She has never played and interacted with other children her age, has never spent a night away from her mother (I assume), hasn't been in kindergarden, etc. She is probably very attached to her mother, she might be fearful of letting go, going somewhere without her, with other adults, other children. She is not used to strangers. This might also make Amanda's recovery more difficult, or at least more tricky. For J's sake, Amanda can not simply stay hidden away for too long, I think it would be counterproductive for J to live in a secluded house or facility with her mother to escape the media.

Your thoughts?

I totally agree with you about J. She is going to be traumatized as well and she was from the moment that Amanda had gotten out of the house. Check out these quotes from below it showed how quickly she got confused. The poor thing crying for her Daddy.

"While Berry speaks with a dispatcher, the 6-year-old cries for her Daddy and runs back toward Castro's house. Cordero stops her. In the commotion, her wig begins falling off. Berry removes it and leaves it on one of the patio chairs."

And then this:

"Berry explains who she is -- the girl "on the news for the last 10 years." She pleads with the dispatcher to send police before Castro returns. She grows impatient as the dispatcher asks what Castro is wearing. Her little girl won't stop crying.

"Sweetheart, it's OK," Berry says.

Her voice trembles as the dispatcher keeps talking. "OK. Huh? I need ... OK.""

Taken from an excellent article which can be read here:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/30_minutes_that_ended_a_decade.html

She is an adult and she never met neither mother nor father of Gina.
This is true, she has never even met them! It's best to just take some time. It would be nice for her to get to know them if she wishes.

Only Michelle knows what would make her feel safe and secure right now. Hopefully they have experts working with her to do what will be best for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum