Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was you Aunty, I recognised the cat from Allison's thread!

Great to see some familiar people from Allison's thread - no surprise really, all such compassionate people!

Welcome SLouth, I'm an Aussie too :)

These courageous young women have support from all over the world! It truly is wonderful to see!

AC also played in a band, so would have earned cash to supplement his unemployment benefits. There's been a few questions about how he could afford to look after them all.

They will pay neighbors to take them in, and/or rent their houses. They will wait in "cable repair" vans in disguise. They will go thru their trash. They will use telescopic lenses. Paparazzi use these tactics all the time. Police are no match for them. Police in LA can't even make paparazzi leave, unless they are parked in a no parking zone. They have a right to park on a public street. I just want to give you a sense of what to expect. Cleveland may never have seen a story like this in its own streets before. The Sowell story was big, but NOTHING like this.

If they want to pay neighbors, or rent their house, then thats between the news media and the neighbors. But I don't think that is going to happen.

As for street parking, both residences are located on narrow residential streets, with limited parking to begin with. There probably isn't enough parking for both residents and the news media. So just post the entire street as no parking, or residents only permit parking. Problem solved.

The FBI said publicity surrounding the women’s rescue had generated new tips in separate cases involving a 14-year-old girl and 18-year-old woman who disappeared years ago in the same area.

FBI spokeswoman Vicki Anderson said the FBI was checking possible leads in the cases of Christina Adkins and Ashley Summers.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/third-woman-found-in-ohio-released-from-hospital-594048.html

I hope the leads are good. I can imagine this case has woken up just about everybody in the city. People will be rethinking and remembering things they previously thought to be "nothing". Wouldn't it be wonderful if Christina and Ashley could be found too!

Regarding Michelles's mom, didn't a tv station pay for her trip? I wonder if they are funding her housing, is she staying in a hotel? They may also be putting pressure on her to get the "inside" interview they we're hoping for when they funded her trip.

Jaycee went to an undisclosed location, these girls would be best to do the same. They have no privacy at all while the press knows where they are.

And lastly, AC daughters seems to have a spell cast over them. Interesting that his daughter claims that he is "dead to her now." he would have been dead to me after assaulting my mother so violently.
I'm also annoyed by the comments about his family being " respectable." no respectable person locks there wife in a room and beats her to a pulp.

Hello from a long time lurker... And newbie....and greetings from Aus..:)

This is purely hypothetical ..... But the fact that AC has been granted bail..... Which in my opinion he should not have been.... And I can't believe his attorney even asked for it..... However it does raise the opportunity for a News Network to raise a deal with him for his side of the story.... As sick as it is.... Especially if AC Family are short of money it could be an attractive deal.... They ( the News Station) only need to pay $800,000 up front and secure the rest.... Something a large station could easily do..... I wouldn't put it past someone to at least try this.... And maybe an attempt to find pity etc in his story.... Please please know that I am totally on the side of all 3 girls here.... And my heart goes out to them.... I just wanted to point out that because he has actually been granted bail.... Even though it initially seemed like a large amount ... In reality it is not that much for a lucrative organization ........

My other point is that I sincerely hope that Michelle is with someone she trusts and can rely on... I am sure she is.... Part of a nurses job is to be a good advocate ... And I am sure they would have been very protective of her in hospital......And would not allow discharge if this was not the case.... I am in like mind with you all about her staying with Gina's gorgeous family .... As support for each other..... Ideal situation.... And am sure if this is the case they would have been able to sneak her in there.... And Gina's Mum could easily have just protected her... Gina's Mum would be in full protective mode now.... Like a mother lion protecting her cub.... And this mothers love would also extend to Michelle.... Without out each other ... Both may not have survived the horrendous ordeal....

If Michellle is not with Gina ... Then I hope they have whisked her off to the most luxurious retreat available...... With her support person... Somewhere where she can get psychological, medical, beauty, wholesome food, holistic therapies and have freedom.... Somewhere that has acres of rolling land and beautiful gardens for her to wander without the prying eyes... Somewhere that has a huge fence that is totally out of site from the main area.... A fence that is there and secure but at the same time far enough away so that she doesn't feel locked in.... IYKWIM??? Infact I wish all 3 girls and their closest family members could go somewhere like this away from the media... To get stronger mentally and physically..... And this place of course to have the strongest confidentiality agreement in history...

I am also sure that health cost for Michelle is not even a consideration at this time.... The FBI would be footing the bill..... And if not,..... I am sure President Obama or his gorgeous wife Michelle O would ensure it is covered.... One of her fundraisers would go along way in providing healthcare for Michelle ...:) there is just no way on earth that the cost of hospital care would even be a concern..... Nor would she be denied health care ..... Because of no money..... There would be a Huron Cry from around the world if this were to occur and I think the FBI have enough to worry about right now without this.....

And my last opinion only.... Amanda's little girl will have appropriate bith documents very soon...... The FBI will arrange all of that... And as for immunisations this too will sorted out... It would have been highly undesirable to start giving her needles on her fist hospital visit... The whole situation would have been traumatic enough with out that... And as for charging AC with no schooling.... I really think the other charges are far more of a concern and this point is really irrellevant....the Kidnapping Charge actually includes the words "kidnapping and imprisonment " which covers all of that and far more.... I also read that the FBI only issued the 3 charges of rape because they did not want to put the girls thru the ordeal and trauma of every single event.... Sorry I don't know the exact source for that...l and I don't know how to link yet....

Hope you don't all crucify me for just my opinions.... And thoughts.... And sincerely hope I haven't broken any rules.....

:welcome4:

Welcome - and wonderful first post! I teared up reading your description of where you'd like to see Michelle right now. I highly believe that a benefactor has probably stepped in and arranged for such, or a therapeutic resort has opened their doors for her. Something of the sort happened with Jaycee Dugard.

Thanks for joining us!

Regarding Michelle's whereabouts, seems that she is okay at the moment. (bbm)

I'm thankful for this lady that she had somewhere safe to go. Really questioning the state of things with her family, and I use that term loosely.

“Some questions may impact their emotions, their state of mind right now,” he said. “You are going to have to be patient with us.” He did indicate, however, that he believed the women had been tied up in the home, while witnesses claimed to have seen chains hanging from the ceiling.

From the article I posted above.

Proof of how hard that bio mom tried to find Michelle. Not hard at all. She didn't take calls from the detectives, didn't contact detectives, changed address and phone number without giving them her new info.

absolutely pathetic, no returned phone calls, no forwarding address, no calls to LE with new contact info, no logged calls checking on their progress or leads.

No words to describe how incredibly sad it is to see this in writing.

And now all of a sudden she is "entitled" to be back in her life?
Unbelievable.

“Some questions may impact their emotions, their state of mind right now,” he said. “You are going to have to be patient with us.” He did indicate, however, that he believed the women had been tied up in the home, while witnesses claimed to have seen chains hanging from the ceiling.

From the article I posted above.

Great point Elley Mae....it is going to take a long time.... And it is going to be traumatic for these ladies.... Thet are True Survivors! Even with a go slow approach it may trigger PTSD Symptoms to arise.... But hopefully in the right environment with the right professionals this will not occur and they will all continue to grow stronger mentally and physically each day.... This is my prayer for them all.

Can we even imagine trying to recall and tell others the horrific events of 10 years.......??? It breaks my heart.... I also feel for the Police, FBI, and Health Care personelle that will travel with them during this journey... They will also need debriefing....

Got a question, maybe I've missed something. Does anyone know how it came to be that AC kidnapped Knight? I've read many stories that detail how he abducted Amanda and Gina but haven't seen anything regarding Michelle. And if this is something that hasn't been released yet I'm very curious as to why because if he simply snatched her off the street like the others, I'd think that would be public knowledge by now...

On another note, in regard to Michelle being removed from missing persons list 15 months after she was reported missing because they couldn't locate BK, I would be in contact with LE regularly to ask what was happening, if there were any leads or news.

I have a question. Here things work differently, there is dedicated state branch of LE called Missing Persons Unit, that's all that unit focuses on, missing people. Is there nothing like that there?

Michelle Knight, held captive since 2002, removed by Cleveland police from FBI database 15 months (11/2003) after disappearance

They were unable to contact Michelle's mother via phone to verify her status & shows they called until 11/13/03 when LE left a message saying that the file will remain invalid unless new leads turn up & on 12/1/04 a detective unsuccessfully tried calling Michelle

I assume they didn't drive there or check with the grand mother?

It says that the written policy on missing adults, (when she went missing 8/02), states an officer must go and see that a missing person has been found, then notify FBI within 2 hours for removal from the NCIC

~Snip

Pasqualini acknowledged Thursday that DeJesus' and Berry's inclusion in the NCIC database did not help law enforcement officials locate them sooner than Knight. But she said that the overall invalidation of Knight's case points to a larger systemic problem -- that missing juveniles are a higher priority than missing adults.

"If a missing person is in the NCIC system, it instantly legitimizes the case," Pasqualini said. "Had Michelle's mother called us for help, we would have had to say no."

Got a question, maybe I've missed something. Does anyone know how it came to be that AC kidnapped Knight? I've read many stories that detail how he abducted Amanda and Gina but haven't seen anything regarding Michelle. And if this is something that hasn't been released yet I'm very curious as to why because if he simply snatched her off the street like the others, I'd think that would be public knowledge by now...

Same way as the others, he offered her a ride, it was in the auditorium presser when they announced charges

Thank you. I've been glued to this story since it began on Monday, don't know how I missed it...:)

I haven't read Jaycee's book, did she discuss how she "fit" back into society
or does she still have to live in seclusion/ bodyguards?

I read the book and it is fabulous! and yes she did state how she came back into society. she went with her family to a ranch. It was so good and isolated and let her heal that she started a foundation. My bet and my money is that she has already reached out to these girls to help. I do know that Dugard sent a tweet about the girls when they were found.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Great point Elley Mae....it is going to take a long time.... And it is going to be traumatic for these ladies.... Thet are True Survivors! Even with a go slow approach it may trigger PTSD Symptoms to arise.... But hopefully in the right environment with the right professionals this will not occur and they will all continue to grow stronger mentally and physically each day.... This is my prayer for them all.

Can we even imagine trying to recall and tell others the horrific events of 10 years.......??? It breaks my heart.... I also feel for the Police, FBI, and Health Care personelle that will travel with them during this journey... They will also need debriefing....

Welcome to Websleuths!

I used to work at a place that had guards. One guard I was friends with, she and I both had kids the same age. What I didn't know was that her husband was abusive to her, that black eye was not from her playing ball with her son. What did happen was she left him and didn't tell anyone, he came to our work and took her out at gun point. It was his issue weapon, he was a cop.
Held her hostage for a few hours, then let her go, then served four years.

The part that really hurt me was when another friend told me that her husband would tie her hands to the rafters in the ceiling of the basement and leave her hang for hours. And one time her son came down and saw her and asked her if she was being bad again.

I hadn't thought about that for a long time, not until this case surfaced. The healing will be a long emotional process I am sure. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd