Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to quite a bit of the Podcast. (Generation whY)

It's refreshing to hear people who are not obsessed with the case, and more or less outside the loop, examine it with fresh eyes and from a common sense or lay perspective.

They speak of the Postal Police immediately seeing Filomena's room as staged. (and agree)

They also speak of Amanda's inconsistencies. (while viewing her I think liberally and giving her the benefit of the doubt)

They concede that Guede could have overpowered and killed Meredith as a lone wolf, but that the degree and kind of the injuries (the direction of the knife wounds as coming from 2 sources) seem to indicate others present and participating.

The 2 hosts appear to be leaning in their conclusions that Knox was involved in Kercher's murder.

Anyway, thanks Otto, for linking this :seeya:

IMO the direction of the wounds are still consistent with a lone wolf. The wound to the right side of neck could have been inflicted as the victim was on her knees in front of the wardrobe. The wound on the left side of neck could have occurred as she was lying face up in preparation for the sexual assault. She was found face up under the comforter.

If the single knife and single attacker explains the evidence, I'll stick to that. Occam's razor.
Yes, Occam's razor is a fine rule of thumb. However, what of those events in life in which the simplest explanation which covers all the facts winds up NOT being the true one? Occam's Paradox. :eek:

There is a reason that he is asking for 25 million euros. There is not a chance the Kercher's have the type of funds available to them to pay his fees, and we are not even done yet. No matter what the ruling is, it will be appealed.

Then the ONE person that does get press, Amanda herself LINKS to the DONATE page of the KERCHER's, when instead I personally would love to know how much AK and RS supporters may of given.

Their own lawyer shot them in the foot, and most likely himself. Both parents are in poor health, and I dislike when I see a prosecution and or legal representative give them false information.

The Kercher's are not stupid. No one, including their own lawyer, has the right to play on their emotions. It is wrong.

Please provide a link that documents that this particular lawyer has not been paid for six years.

I'd like to know how much of the $4.2 million Knox has given to the fund that she linked on her blog.

Stefanoni destroyed the crucial piece of evidence, ensuring it can't be tested by anyone to verify her result.

Her 'forgetfulness' is legendary.

From the Bob Graham interview, I believe Amanda states it the best.

"It’s incredible the number of times that what I was wearing, how I did my hair or whether I smiled to my parents was discussed as opposed to the evidence in the case. So part of not returning is to avoid that circus."

snip

"Perceptions that people were projecting onto me were that I am the dark lady, that I am the jealous, stinky roommate who decided that Meredith was better than me and therefore had to die. Projecting that image justifies in their minds that I would be capable of committing a crime so heinous as this and therefore validates the guilty verdict in the first trial."

snip

"It was a $3.8 million deal. Of the $3.8 million received, I carefully dispersed it where it was due: to taxes, to my lawyers, to my family so they no longer had mortgages at stake. Part of it went in fees to my agent, part of it in fees to my collaborator. At this moment, I am negotiating the last of it with my lawyers in Italy for the latest legal fees"

snip

"There’s a prison of nonclosure because the way that the investigators and prosecutors conducted themselves was wrong and has never been brought to light or acknowledged. I want them held accountable for the mistakes they made. I want it understood what they have done in this case, not just because of how it affected me but because unless they are held accountable, they can do this again and again and again."

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/amanda-knox-trial-hell-left-me-broke-and-broken/

IMO the direction of the wounds are still consistent with a lone wolf. The wound to the right side of neck could have been inflicted as the victim was on her knees in front of the wardrobe. The wound on the left side of neck could have occurred as she was lying face up in preparation for the sexual assault. She was found face up under the comforter.
Perhaps. But the totality of the wounds - the lesser wounds, the injuries to the face, eyes, gums, teeth - could just as well show multiple attackers.

if maresca is waiting for the "big payout" to be paid for his services, he could be waiting a long time. any monetary payout will surely be appealed and subsequently held up in court for maybe years ??

if i, as a client, was horrified by the actions of my lawyer, i would find a way out. there is no way i could be in a situation where i did not fully trust my lawyer. financially, there are always options. knox's parents took out mortgages, didn't they, to help pay her legal fees? plus, there is that donate button...

What's going on? All of a sudden a lawyer works for six years without being paid, and his clients are horrified by his actions? Where is this coming from?

Please provide a link that documents that this particular lawyer has not been paid for six years.

I'd like to know how much of the $4.2 million Knox has given to the fund that she linked on her blog.

Please provide the one that he has, since I never stated he has not received any money, just that the Kercher's do not have deep pockets....

Please provide the one that he has, since I never stated he has not received any money, just that the Kercher's do not have deep pockets....

We don't need a link to prove that a lawyer is paid. Of course a lawyer is paid. That's normal. If anyone is going to suggest that he is not paid, even though it is normal to be paid, then a link needs to be provided.

Barring that, it takes on the appearance of a crazy rumor.

Can you please cite this in the transcripts? Thanks.
I don't think those are online but feel free to upload them. Thanks. I am not very impressed with links to groundreport, and I know there was some misreporting in the English press. Either way, the judge is responsible for what happens in the courtroom. Here is Maresca's 'M.O.'.

Because of the graphic nature of the evidence, the hearing in Perugia, Italy, where Meredith was killed, was heard in private after a request by the family's lawyer, Francesco Maresca, was accepted by the judge.
http://news.sky.com/story/683564/more-than-one-person-attacked-meredith

Yes, Occam's razor is a fine rule of thumb. However, what of those events in life in which the simplest explanation which covers all the facts winds up NOT being the true one? Occam's Paradox. :eek:

Doesn't apply.
It's even simpler in criminal court.
Any reasonable explanation at all not involving the defendant means you have to acquit.

Namely, you don't get to reject the reasonable explanation because you just believe something more complicated might have happened.

What's going on? All of a sudden a lawyer works for six years without being paid, and his clients are horrified by his actions? Where is this coming from?

Happens all the time, specifcally in cases of personal injury. It is usually a percentage of the award, and then they add on disbursement, court filing fees etc.

Of course you could be like the mother in the Jason Young case, and use monies set aside for the grandchild, and use 1 million of a 4 million trust to pay for the families legal fees!

Frin the Bob Graham interview, I believe Amanda states it the best.

"It’s incredible the number of times that what I was wearing, how I did my hair or whether I smiled to my parents was discussed as opposed to the evidence in the case. So part of not returning is to avoid that circus."

snip

"Perceptions that people were projecting onto me were that I am the dark lady, that I am the jealous, stinky roommate who decided that Meredith was better than me and therefore had to die. Projecting that image justifies in their minds that I would be capable of committing a crime so heinous as this and therefore validates the guilty verdict in the first trial."

snip

"It was a $3.8 million deal. Of the $3.8 million received, I carefully dispersed it where it was due: to taxes, to my lawyers, to my family so they no longer had mortgages at stake. Part of it went in fees to my agent, part of it in fees to my collaborator. At this moment, I am negotiating the last of it with my lawyers in Italy for the latest legal fees"

snip

"There’s a prison of nonclosure because the way that the investigators and prosecutors conducted themselves was wrong and has never been brought to light or acknowledged. I want them held accountable for the mistakes they made. I want it understood what they have done in this case, not just because of how it affected me but because unless they are held accountable, they can do this again and again and again."

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/amanda-knox-trial-hell-left-me-broke-and-broken/
Well, I have always said, IF she is innocent,(I have lived long enough that I take NOTHING for granted anymore) then her words are faithful and true, and she really ought to litigate for millions: Libel issues, wrongful arrest/imprisonment, defamation, etc.
I am sure she could out-Maresca Maresca. ;)

Well, certainly only the Kerchers know how they feel about Maresca. But civil attorneys do take cases on contingency - and sometimes do not get paid for 8 years. They get a percentage of the award (a sizable one).

Happens all the time, specifcally in cases of personal injury. It is usually a percentage of the award, and then they add on disbursement, court filing fees etc.

Of course you could be like the mother in the Jason Young case, and use monies set aside for the grandchild, and use 1 million of a 4 million trust to pay for the families legal fees!

US standards cannot be used as a basis for making broad generalizations about what happens in Italy. To suggest that it is normal for Italian lawyers to work for six years and not be paid is absurd. That also requires a link.

We don't need a link to prove that a lawyer is paid. Of course a lawyer is paid. That's normal. If anyone is going to suggest that he is not paid, even though it is normal to be paid, then a link needs to be provided.

Barring that, it takes on the appearance of a crazy rumor.

How many million do you feel his fees are at? We won't quibble over disbursements.

It works both ways if it is being stated he has been paid. I am stating the Kercher's don't have alot of money, and these have been protracted trials. If he has been paid I would love to see if it is in full, a retainer, or ????

Well, certainly only the Kerchers know how they feel about Maresca. But civil attorneys do take cases on contingency - and sometimes do not get paid for 8 years. They get a percentage of the award (a sizable one).

What you write is true of the US system, where a civil case is completely separate from a criminal case, and is usually conducted after the criminal case. This is an entirely different situation and US standards and routines do not apply.

Doesn't apply.
It's even simpler in criminal court.
Any reasonable explanation at all not involving the defendant means you have to acquit.

Namely, you don't get to reject the reasonable explanation because you just believe something more complicated might have happened.
:mad:.............:mad:

How many million do you feel his fees are at? We won't quibble over disbursements.

It works both ways if it is being stated he has been paid. I am stating the Kercher's don't have alot of money, and these have been protracted trials. If he has been paid I would love to see if it is in full, a retainer, or ????

What evidence is there that this lawyer has not been paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanzzzzz83