Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Guede, the drifter convicted of murdering the British exchange student Meredith Kercher in Italy, saw his sentence cut from 30 to 16 years on appeal today, as his conviction was upheld.

The appeal court had reduced Guede's sentence to 24 years and cut one-third off as is custom when defendants opt for a fast-track trial, said Francesco Maresca, a lawyer representing Kercher's family, who argued for the original sentence to be left unchanged.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/22/rudy-guede-sentence-kercher-murder

Rudy Guede, the drifter convicted of murdering the British exchange student Meredith Kercher in Italy, saw his sentence cut from 30 to 16 years on appeal today, as his conviction was upheld.

The appeal court had reduced Guede's sentence to 24 years and cut one-third off as is custom when defendants opt for a fast-track trial, said Francesco Maresca, a lawyer representing Kercher's family, who argued for the original sentence to be left unchanged.

Thanks. So now we know it had nothing to do with being "rewarded" for naming Knox and Sollecito, and placing them at the scene.

Yes it's not the only thing she was wrong about.

She also claimed that Meredith Kercher picked her room before AK. I think all these authors got things wrong. I haven't seen one that has not had something they've claimed proofed wrong.

RG was not a witness in the first instance trial that I know of.
Yes, now that I recall it she had said, that Guede had said he saw Sollecito and saw Knox's silouhette and heard her voice "placing the two at the scene, for which he would be handsomely rewarded" (words to that effect). I concluded he got time reduced. Maybe it was just better prison privileges, or maybe Nadeau was wrong, and it was nothing at all.

Thanks. So now we know it had nothing to do with being "rewarded" for naming Knox and Sollecito, and placing them at the scene.

Yes because RG was only brought in as a witness to refute the prison snitch Alessi's testimony in the Hellmann appeal. He was not a witness against AK/RS in the Massei court.

From the same article you linked FM went on to say..

"Twenty-four years would be in line with the sentences given to Knox and Sollecito," he said. "They each got an extra year for simulating a burglary at the scene and Knox got a further year for falsely blaming a local barman for the murder."

The prosecutor did not believe he should be dealt with leniently.

He took a fast track trial option that is available to all defendants.

AKs original sentence added time on for the calumnia charge against PL.

It's that simple. Please support the claim that RG received a lighter sentence for "talking"

Not true. Mig. believed Guede was a mere bystander in all this. Back in the '09 trial, Maori even called Mig out on this issue while referring to the infamous towel.
Maori: "The PM surprisingly unfairly called out in his poor Rudy the only one who would try to render aid to Meredith dabbing the blood with towels, honestly these statements leave you flabbergasted..."

See that? Maori was flabbergasted with Mig's unusual sympathetic nature towards Guede... Migs poor Rudy, "the only one who would try to render aid."

Then Maori explained that Guede wasn't trying to help Mk by dabbing her wounds w/ the towel, he was actually trying to smother her:
"Even the experts GIP report a compression injury to the neck next to the tip and cut used to finish the poor victim, the famous towel Rudy according to his statements would be used to dab the wound made ​​by this unknown subject in the towel actually served to smother the poor Meredith"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ww.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/

Not true. Mig. believed Guede was a mere bystander in all this. Back in the '09 trial, Maori even called Mig out on this issue while referring to the infamous towel.
Maori: "The PM surprisingly unfairly called out in his poor Rudy the only one who would try to render aid to Meredith dabbing the blood with towels, honestly these statements leave you flabbergasted..."

See that? Maori was flabbergasted with Mig's unusual sympathetic nature towards Guede... Migs poor Rudy, "the only one who would try to render aid."

Then Maori explained that Guede wasn't trying to help Mk by dabbing her wounds w/ the towel, he was actually trying to smother her:
"Even the experts GIP report a compression injury to the neck next to the tip and cut used to finish the poor victim, the famous towel Rudy according to his statements would be used to dab the wound made ​​by this unknown subject in the towel actually served to smother the poor Meredith"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ww.amandaknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/

GM had nothing to do with RGs sentence being reduced.

He was sentenced to 30 years in his fast track trial.

AK was sentenced to 26years (added 1yr for staging and 1yr for callumnia)
RS 25years.(added 1yr for staging)

On appeal RGs sentence was brought down to be in line with there's at 24years for the murder. He then received a third of his sentence reduced in exchange for using the fast track trial option.

So how GM felt about RG does not matter.

I agree with Amber that Mignini's feelings about Guede had nothing to do with the sentence he received. However, I have no doubt that Maori was flabbergasted - and rightly so - that Mignini viewed Guede as a sympathetic character. It seems many people who believe in the guilt of Knox and Sollectio feel somehow compelled to give Guede a minor role and to make him seem less culpable. I don't know if this is because if they view him as he really is, he will begin to look like the Lone Wolf, or what. To my thinking, if Knox and Sollecito are really guilty, there should not be any need to "soften" Guede.

I agree with Amber that Mignini's feelings about Guede had nothing to do with the sentence he received. However, I have no doubt that Maori was flabbergasted - and rightly so - that Mignini viewed Guede as a sympathetic character. It seems many people who believe in the guilt of Knox and Sollectio feel somehow compelled to give Guede a minor role and to make him seem less culpable. I don't know if this is because if they view him as he really is, he will begin to look like the Lone Wolf, or what. To my thinking, if Knox and Sollecito are really guilty, there should not be any need to "soften" Guede.

I by no means am defending RG btw. RG is murderer he deserves many more years then the sentence he now has but that's their system.

That's interesting. I've never felt that Guede was not guilty. I think the same evidence that was used to convict him shows guilt for RS and AK. I would think it would be the other way around and those thinking the evidence is contaminated would think Guede was wrongly convicted too. JMO

Not all of the evidence is contaminated. Especially not the most important pieces. When you find the DNA of a man on and in Meredith, that did not belong there as they were not dating, one can not claim that is because of contamination IMO. Meredith was not left in the cottage for 46 days like a lot of the other evidence was. There is also the handprint that is clearly Guede's in Meredith's blood on the pillow. Again, no chance of contamination there either unless one wants to argue that his handprint was somehow planted in Meredith's blood. Those two things alone are enough to convict Guede of the crime of murdering Meredith. Add to that the fact that there are no bloody handprints from anyone else in the room (other than perhaps Meredith) and no other DNA on and in Meredith, then one can clearly see Guede as the lone wolf attacker that killed Meredith without help from anyone else.

MOO

Not all of the evidence is contaminated. Especially not the most important pieces. When you find the DNA of a man on and in Meredith, that did not belong there as they were not dating, one can not claim that is because of contamination IMO. Meredith was not left in the cottage for 46 days like a lot of the other evidence was. There is also the handprint that is clearly Guede's in Meredith's blood on the pillow. Again, no chance of contamination there either unless one wants to argue that his handprint was somehow planted in Meredith's blood. Those two things alone are enough to convict Guede of the crime of murdering Meredith. Add to that the fact that there are no bloody handprints from anyone else in the room (other than perhaps Meredith) and no other DNA on and in Meredith, then one can clearly see Guede as the lone wolf attacker that killed Meredith without help from anyone else.

MOO

I think Chrishalkides said it was possible that Guedes DNA could have been transferred by Merideth touching him before inserting a tampon. It's possible. And Guede says he's innocent, just as AK and RS do. He says he was trying to save her. Although I think he's guilty, I think Rs's DNA on the bra and Ak's blood at the crime scene, (the murder was not the only crime) are just as reliable. They all say they are innocent so why are RS and AK the only ones that are believable? They have all lied and changed their stories. This is JMO.

I guess the argument on the part of those who insist Knox and Sollecito are innocent says that Guede's dna, evidence, etc. were all very clear, right in the murder room and on the victim herself. While Knox and Sollecito's were in other rooms, and could be from prior times. Guede knew he had to admit to being there and had to admit to sexual contact, which he quickly did.

I think there is also the aspect - on the part of some, not all certainly - that Guede was black and not in college and involved in breakins, and fits the prototype of the murderer in a way that Knox and Sollecito do not (and certainly, added motives and scenarios must be devised to fit the 2 in-- not to say they could not be true). MOO

ETA: To some , it seems like taking something very generic and common, and then adding something very exotic: Like, a woman is crossing the street, and we see a drunk driver run her down. Simple. But then prosecutors say that there were also 2 teenage girls hiding in the bushes, who pushed the woman in the road as the car came toward her. Now it has become complicated.

I think Chrishalkides said it was possible that Guedes DNA could have been transferred by Merideth touching him before inserting a tampon. It's possible. And Guede says he's innocent, just as AK and RS do. He says he was trying to save her. Although I think he's guilty, I think Rs's DNA on the bra and Ak's blood at the crime scene, (the murder was not the only crime) are just as reliable. They all say they are innocent so why are RS and AK the only ones that are believable? They have all lied and changed their stories. This is JMO.
BBM-- but even Guede himself admitted to being in the bedroom and having sexual contact with her. He just tried to pretend it was a "date" and someone else did the killing. It is a time-honored excuse: A woman is raped and murdered. DNA points to a suspect. The suspect says he had consensual sex, left, and someone came in and killed her.

I guess the argument on the part of those who insist Knox and Sollecito are innocent says that Guede's dna, evidence, etc. were all very clear, right in the murder room and on the victim herself. While Knox and Sollecito's were in other rooms, and could be from prior times. Guede knew he had to admit to being there and had to admit to sexual contact, which he quickly did.

I think there is also the aspect - on the part of some, not all certainly - that Guede was black and not in college and involved in breakins, and fits the prototype of the murderer in a way that Knox and Sollecito do not (and certainly, added motives and scenarios must be devised to fit the 2 in-- not to say they could not be true). MOO

I guess it just seems strange to me that all the evidence against AK and RS can be explained away without a second thought, yet RG somehow fits the mold and had a motive.

Stealing a phone or a laptop is quite a leap to murder. Wasn't he supposedly caught by someone else where he showed a knife but then ran away?

Maybe if she had more defensive wounds I'd feel differently. The picture just isn't there for me. It doesn't seem plausible. JMO

I guess it just seems strange to me that all the evidence against AK and RS can be explained away without a second thought, yet RG somehow fits the mold and had a motive.

Stealing a phone or a laptop is quite a leap to murder. Wasn't he supposedly caught by someone else where he showed a knife but then ran away?

Maybe if she had more defensive wounds I'd feel differently. The picture just isn't there for me. It doesn't seem plausible. JMO
Well, for me it is plausible that Guede may have broken in, encountered Meredith, and threatened her with a knife. Then wanting to assault her, it escalated to injury. It happens. I just have come to lean toward belief that somehow Knox and Sollecito were somehow involved (due to their changing stories and things which seemed to indicate strategy on the morning of Nov 2).

I disagree, Ak and Rs wouldn't even be on trial right now if it weren't for Mig. He never even tried to appeal Guede's sentence like he did with theirs. Now, Guede will probably only serve 7 years, I believe Mig. is solely responsible for that.

It's a misconception that Guede's reduced sentence on appeal was because of the fast-track-trial. I found this explanation helpful:
"Guede's initial sentence was "life" for aggravated murder and sexual assault. This sentence was reduced to 30 years because of the abbreviated procedure, it provides a discount of one third to the sentence issued (Art. 442 c.p.p.) In the case of a life sentence this one is reduced to 30 years. (Art. 442 n.2 c.p.p.).

At Guede's appeal the judges found mitigating circumstances and considered the aggravating and mitigating circumstances of "equal value" Borsini-Belardi Report (translation by Teddy)

The judges' verdict was the base penalty (not aggravated or mitigated) of 24 years for murder and sexual assault. The discount of one third provided by Art. 422 n.2 c.p.p. reduced the sentence to 16 years.​

In other words, Guede got a life sentence and then 24 years on appeal "...the discount was applied to each of the verdicts and not as someone might think as an automatic reduction on appeal."
http://amanda-knox.wikispaces.com/Rudy+Guede

Can you find an excuse for the bloody hand print found under victim's body and used to identify Guede in police database?

No I can't. But I'm not looking for excuses to get rid of the evidence against any of the three involved.

I disagree, Ak and Rs wouldn't even be on trial right now if it weren't for Mig. He never even tried to appeal Guede's sentence like he did with theirs. Now, Guede will probably only serve 7 years, I believe Mig. is solely responsible for that.

It's a misconception that Guede's reduced sentence on appeal was because of the fast-track-trial. I found this explanation helpful:
"Guede's initial sentence was "life" for aggravated murder and sexual assault. This sentence was reduced to 30 years because of the abbreviated procedure, it provides a discount of one third to the sentence issued (Art. 442 c.p.p.) In the case of a life sentence this one is reduced to 30 years. (Art. 442 n.2 c.p.p.).

At Guede's appeal the judges found mitigating circumstances and considered the aggravating and mitigating circumstances of "equal value" Borsini-Belardi Report (translation by Teddy)

The judges' verdict was the base penalty (not aggravated or mitigated) of 24 years for murder and sexual assault. The discount of one third provided by Art. 422 n.2 c.p.p. reduced the sentence to 16 years.​

In other words, Guede got a life sentence and then 24 years on appeal "...the discount was applied to each of the verdicts and not as someone might think as an automatic reduction on appeal."

This is untrue. I don't know who wrote this wikispace but that's not how it worked.

His original conviction sentence was 30 years that was not the reduction.

I disagree. I think RS and Ak are on trial because AS accused an innocent man and placed herself at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes