Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't think the fact that she included patrik in her confession instead of Rudy means much at all. The fact still stands she knew things she shouldn't have known. For instance that Meredith screamed loudly, there are 2 other witnesses that testified to hearing a blood curdling scream that night.

I also think the fact that Raffaele on hearing of Rudy Guede being arrested wrote:

"I saw father happy and smiling, but I am not 100% calm at the moment because I fear that he might invent strange things"

What strange things is Raffaele concerned Rudy would invent? One would think an innocent person would be happy as his father was that the "real" killer had been found.

Have you really read the "confessions?" They are in reality very vague. Something like a scream is the sort of think you might easily imagine to hear during a murder -- just the sort of thing that sounds descripive, but isn't really. (The reliability of the ear witnesses is another thing entirely.)

I wonder is there a percentage for those who name an innocent person as a murderer in these false confessions figures.
I am not sure about percentages, but some false confessions are also false accusations, as was true for the Central Park Five, Karl Fontenot, and the Norfolk Four, among others.

Most of this is false. Any lawyer could have leaked that bathroom photo, AK did test positive for HIV and the meaning of that test was explained to her, the police has nothing to do with 'foxy knoxy'.

The Daily Mail said about the photo, "In chilling new photographs released by Italian police today, the full scale of the horror that confronted police when they entered the apartment in Perugia becomes clear." Whether or not the initial HIV test were really a false positive is an open question. However, the results of the initial tests are usually not released to the patient until after the follow-up test is done, from what I have been able to gather in talking with physicians.

If he was at a murder scene he very well could turn cartwheels. If he did, it would be his own fault if that made him a suspect. I do think behavior matters. But I have a hard time going on that alone. AK could have a personality disorder or be on the bipolar spectrum and just act odd and inappropriately. I think at the very least this is true. It is not OK to behave as she did. But I need more...JMO

there were no cartwheels... only yoga moves and stretching.

from amanda's stepfather:

“There is a certain kind of decorum for certain situations which is required to be maintained. And Amanda is completely missing the boat on that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/my-daughter-amanda-knox-1651332.html

While I agree with you on your last point, I don't think it is odd that Amanda talked about a loud scream. I would think that's one of the first things that comes to mind when anyone thinks of a brutal attack. Its not really evidence of esoteric knowledge.

Why would she talk about a loud scream when she supposedly wasn't even there? Sollecito said they were at his house the night of the murder.

Why would she talk about a loud scream when she supposedly wasn't even there? Sollecito said they were at his house the night of the murder.

In which version of his story? The one where she showed up at 1am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether or not the initial HIV test were really a false positive is an open question.

although it obviously cannot be confirmed which test was used in italy in 2007, modern HIV testing is highly accurate.

in 2005, two years before AK's HIV test, it was determined by a US task force that

...the use of repeatedly reactive enzyme immunoassay followed by confirmatory Western blot or immunofluorescent assay remains the standard method for diagnosing HIV-1 infection. A large study of HIV testing in 752 U.S. laboratories reported a sensitivity of 99.7% and specificity of 98.5% for enzyme immunoassay, and studies in U.S. blood donors reported specificities of 99.8% and greater than 99.99%. With confirmatory Western blot, the chance of a false-positive identification in a low-prevalence setting is about 1 in 250 000 (95% CI, 1 in 173 000 to 1 in 379 000).

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=718529

All international protocols were followed, and the results were a match to Meredith's DNA (admitted even by C & V). If the results were completely wrong, the DNA sample would not have been a match to Meredith. Instead, the analysis would have given a random result that could not be matched to anyone.

The only reason for the double test is so that the results can be duplicated, but there is no reason to assume that everything in life should be duplicated. In this case, it's simply a "check" that is in place in the event that the defense wants an independent test. Since it was known in advance that the test could not be duplicated, the defense was invited to attend, observe and participate in the single test. The defense had no complaints regarding the test procedure and everyone is in agreement that contamination is nothing more than a theory without plausible explanation. There is no reason to doubt the results, but a technical, legal ruling could result in the evidence being excluded.

In fact, it's a basic premise of science that anything that cannot be duplicated cannot be considered true and accurate. Otherwise, science would accept witness accounts of ghosts and UFOs, phenomena which have about the same validity as "MK's blood on the knife".

IMO this is what is being glossed over or missed by the <modsnip>/media/etc.

1- Meredith's dna on the knife from the original testing still stands.
2- The previous finding of AK's dna on the knife still stands.

3- The 'new' test shows AK's dna on the knife.

So it is not that Meredith's dna is/was not on the knife... It was.

Except that even setting aside the ridiculous testing standards employed on the supposed "MK sample", we might well assume that if it is the murder weapon, the knife was once drenched in the victim's blood. Yet somehow her DNA was cleaned off so thoroughly it could not be properly tested (i.e., twice) while AK's touch DNA was left behind.

Neat trick. Rather akin to the flat clean-up in which AK cleaned up her DNA and that of RS, while leaving copious amounts from Rudy Guede.

Talk about your witch trial! The reasoning used to convict AK and RS would have made old Salem proud!

When people lie, lie and lie some more... When they point to an innocent man. I believe they are a liar and have something very very bad to hide. There is a good reason she can't tell the truth, it's because she was involved.

Hi Linda,
Amanda explained everything in her book. Unfortunately, there are times when a person appears guilt; however, all factors need to be looked at. She was a naive young lady at the time that did not speak Italian and from the start was targeted. I believe in her innocence and the evidence verifies that as well. She had every chance at the beginning to leave Italy, and chose not to. Guilty people run. Amanda did not run. Italian LE lied. My opinion, not trying to change your mind.:twocents: Just saying.

They didn't know what it was. C and V didn't test it. Probably very worried exactly that might happen.

I don't know about fail... finding your dna on the supposed murder weapon is NEVER a good thing IMO.

Except when there's no evidence it actually was the murder weapon.

Personally I don't think the fact that she included patrik in her confession instead of Rudy means much at all. The fact still stands she knew things she shouldn't have known. For instance that Meredith screamed loudly, there are 2 other witnesses that testified to hearing a blood curdling scream that night.

I also think the fact that Raffaele on hearing of Rudy Guede being arrested wrote:

"I saw father happy and smiling, but I am not 100% calm at the moment because I fear that he might invent strange things"

What strange things is Raffaele concerned Rudy would invent? One would think an innocent person would be happy as his father was that the "real" killer had been found.

1. Anyone who has ever seen a horror movie might guess that MK screamed. There's an entire franchise based on the word, SCREAM.

2. RF and AK had already been widely condemned by the media, tabloid and otherwise. They were ripe for false accusations. No wonder RS was reserved in his celebration of RG's arrest. And time proved RS right!

1. Anyone who has ever seen a horror movie might guess that MK screamed. There's an entire franchise based on the word, SCREAM.

2. RF and AK had already been widely condemned by the media, tabloid and otherwise. They were ripe for false accusations. No wonder RS was reserved in his celebration of RG's arrest. And time proved RS right!
I, too, had always thought that, "I saw father happy and smiling, but I am not 100% calm at the moment because I fear that he might invent strange things" was something I myself would think and fear, if I was a suspect and the killer knew this (why NOT invent strange things and say I was the killer?)

Why does she say unequivocally, "The knife is the murder weapon"? If there are doubts about MK's blood on the tip (and there should be), then there is no evidence whatsoever that the knife had anything to do with MK's murder.

Yes, it was said to be consistent with some of MK's wounds, but the same is true of several other knives at RS' house and, I assume, countless steak knives throughout Perugia.

It's as if the botched and bogus testing has somehow conferred legitimacy on the knife itself.

I, too, had always thought that, "I saw father happy and smiling, but I am not 100% calm at the moment because I fear that he might invent strange things" was something I myself would think and fear, if I was a suspect and the killer knew this (why NOT invent strange things and say I was the killer?)

Indeed. And even more so if you had already been falsely accused!

Why does she say unequivocally, "The knife is the murder weapon"? If there are doubts about MK's blood on the tip (and there should be), then there is no evidence whatsoever that the knife had anything to do with MK's murder.

Yes, it was said to be consistent with some of MK's wounds, but the same is true of several other knives at RS' house and, I assume, countless steak knives throughout Perugia.

It's as if the botched and bogus testing has somehow conferred legitimacy on the knife itself.

Not to mention, in order for the knife to be the murder weapon, AK and RS would have:
1. Powered off their phones
2. Staged a break-in
3. Thrown MK's phones away
4. Cleaned up the scene (while leaving RG's DNA)

BUT

Carried a, presumably, blood-soaked knife back to RS's apartment so they could clean it and put it back in the knife drawer???

Jim

The Daily Mail said about the photo, "In chilling new photographs released by Italian police today, the full scale of the horror that confronted police when they entered the apartment in Perugia becomes clear." Whether or not the initial HIV test were really a false positive is an open question. However, the results of the initial tests are usually not released to the patient until after the follow-up test is done, from what I have been able to gather in talking with physicians.
The police is not the prosecution, and I take anything that comes from the Daily Mail with a grain of salt. Oh so now it is an open question? It was stated as fact that the medical staff was lying to her for some reason.

Not to mention, in order for the knife to be the murder weapon, AK and RS would have:
1. Powered off their phones
2. Staged a break-in
3. Thrown MK's phones away
4. Cleaned up the scene (while leaving RG's DNA)

BUT

Carried a, presumably, blood-soaked knife back to RS's apartment so they could clean it and put it back in the knife drawer???

Jim

This is a good point. The knife doesn't make sense for other reasons, too.

When we look at the evidence at the crime scene, there are four distinct things that point to the murder weapon: three wounds on Meredith's neck and a knife imprint (in blood) on Meredith's bed.

The knife print is of a penknife sized knife. Two of the three wounds were made by stabbing, and are of a size consistent with the print on the bed. The third wound is of a different nature -- more of a cut or slash.

Logically, one would presume the murder weapon would be a penknife, or other small knife, consistent with all the wounds. Yet ILE presumed this knife was the murder weapon. Since it is inconsistent with 75% of the evidence in the murder room, they have to assume a second knife in order to make it possible. In all probability, there was one knife used and this kitchen knife isn't it.

This is a good point. The knife doesn't make sense for other reasons, too.

When we look at the evidence at the crime scene, there are four distinct things that point to the murder weapon: three wounds on Meredith's neck and a knife imprint (in blood) on Meredith's bed.

The knife print is of a penknife sized knife. Two of the three wounds were made by stabbing, and are of a size consistent with the print on the bed. The third wound is of a different nature -- more of a cut or slash.

Logically, one would presume the murder weapon would be a penknife, or other small knife, consistent with all the wounds. Yet ILE presumed this knife was the murder weapon. Since it is inconsistent with 75% of the evidence in the murder room, they have to assume a second knife in order to make it possible. In all probability, there was one knife used and this kitchen knife isn't it.
Yes, I don't see how anyone can fail to find all this very worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove