Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking about all of the...missstatements...the police made after the arrests. That violates the principle that when a matter is sub judice, the police and prosecution should remain quiet, with some very limited exceptions.

I don't know anything about that. Guede, Sollecito and Knox were convicted of murder. I suspect that anyone that disagrees with the verdict will assume that statements made by police about the investigation were lies. Furthermore, any laws about not discussing the evidence prior to a trial were completely violated by the US media and Knox's PR team. Should the prosecution remain silent and let the suspect's PR team dictate the facts of the case?

We saw the same situation with the disappearance of Natalie Holloway. Aruba law clearly prevented the release of anything other than the first name of a suspect, but the US media had no respect of the laws of a foreign country.

My understanding is the first statement put Amanda, Rafaelle, and a 2nd male at the murder scene. The argument if favor of Amanda's guilt has always been that Amanda, Rafaelle, and a 2nd male were at the scene.
IIRC the first statement did not mention Raffaele at all, and the second one stated that she did not know whether Raffaele were present or not. The statements are missing so much information that either as accusations or as confessions, they are risible.

IIRC the first statement did not mention Raffaele at all, and the second one stated that she did not know whether Raffaele were present or not. The statements are missing so much information that either as accusations or as confessions, they are risible.

There has been a real push from Knox to interpret her lies about Patrick as a "false confession". She needs this in order to justify the lies she told. If she can claim that she did not go to the police station of her own volition, but that she was interrogated for five days non-stop, that she was tortured, beaten, deprived of food, drink and bathroom breaks, that she was coerced and then, after she was completely broken, she gave a "false confession", then it doesn't look as bad as it is. None of that happened. She simply went to the police station for no reason and told a whopper lie about Patrick.

Interviewing a suspect might should only take two or three people. An interviewer, someone to take nots and a translator if needed. When the "interviewed" Amanda in the middle of the night, the Perugia authorities had twelve people involved in the process. Lots of guys to yell and shove one young lady and extract a statement. They also had a deadline, they wanted it done before Amanda's mother showed up the next morning.

Weird that you say it took 12 officers. Her translator Anna donnino testified that there were only 2 officers in the room with them.

Weird that you say it took 12 officers. Her translator Anna donnino testified that there were only 2 officers in the room with them.

Two officers at a time. The technique is to rotate the officers out every 10 to 15 minutes and bring in fresh guys to yell at the suspect.

This wasn't an interview, this was an interrogation. A process with the goal of extracting a statement from the suspect that at least implies guilt. In this case, they took advantage of a young woman who was already sleep deprived when she walked into the interrogation room.

Two officers at a time. The technique is to rotate the officers out every 10 to 15 minutes and bring in fresh guys to yell at the suspect.

This wasn't an interview, this was an interrogation. A process with the goal of extracting a statement from the suspect that at least implies guilt. In this case, they took advantage of a young woman who was already sleep deprived when she walked into the interrogation room.

Please do provide a link to the names of the officers they were rotating because it completely contradicts what was testified to in court concerning this night.
Unless we are to presume yet another witness (the translator she was never provided with) is lying too.
IMO this 12 officers is an exaggeration of facts by Amanda's people, much like how long this "all night interrogation" lasted.

Please do provide a link to the names of the officers they were rotating because it completely contradicts what was testified to in court concerning this night.
Unless we are to presume yet another witness (the translator she was never provided with) is lying too.
IMO this 12 officers is an exaggeration of facts by Amanda's people, much like how long this "all night interrogation" lasted.

Please explain why the two officers were needed in the room.

Most interviews in the US are done with only one person besides the suspect. But having a couple of extra officers is handy if your intent is to intimidate the suspect.

Isn't that interesting. That must be Knox's version of reality ... sleep deprived, tortured, beaten, deprived of food/drink/bathroom breaks, interrogated non-stop for 50 hours and so on. Knox wants us to forget that she walked into the police station voluntarily after enjoying dinner with friends. She wants us to forget that she deliberately drew attention to herself by flipping cartwheels (er ... yoga flips) until the police sat down and showed some interest. That night, Sollecito admitted that he "told a load of rubbish" and Knox accused Patrick of murder.

Knox seems like a bright enough woman, and she should have known that if she was going to commit a crime (such as lying during a murder investigation) in a foreign country (even a medieval one) she would be subjected to the laws of the land. If she wasn't prepared to accept the consequences, she should have stayed home, or chosen to tell the truth. Lying to police during a murder investigation in a foreign country is an extremely stupid thing to do ... but perhaps she thought she was smarter than the backwards police in a medieval town ... or perhaps she thought that they would be distracted by her "yoga moves".

Most interviews in the US are done with only one person besides the suspect. But having a couple of extra officers is handy if your intent is to intimidate the suspect.

Doesn't matter what is typical in the US. This happened in Italy and I'm not familiar with how they handle interviews. I don't see anything wrong with 2 officers.

Please explain why whatever happens in the US should be practiced by everyone else in the world.

Doesn't matter what is typical in the US. This happened in Italy and I'm not familiar with how they handle interviews. I don't see anything wrong with 2 officers.
How many officers were part of the suit against Amanda?

How many officers were part of the suit against Amanda?

(Four dropped out) and don't forget the attorney representing is Francesco Marcesca
1. Marco Chiacchiera, vice director, flying squad (in Questura control room).
2. Edgardo Giobbi, head of SCO, Rome (Questura control room).
3. Monica Napoleoni, homicide chief, Flying Squad (went back and forth between Amanda and Raffaele Sollecito’s interrogation rooms and Questura control room).
4. Lorena Zugarini, Flying Squad. (Amanda’s room).
5. Rita Ficarra, Flying Squad (Amanda’s room).
6. Fabio D’Astolto, Flying Squad (saw Knox on Nov. 2).
7. Ivano Raffo, SCO, Rome (Amanda’s room).
8. Anna Donnino, Flying Squad Interpreter (Amanda’s room).
LINK

Thanks for the clarification.

You have linked the letter of November 9. We were discussing the letter of November 7 where Knox supposedly retracted her accusations against Patrick. In fact, she did not retract those statements, she confirmed them in court during the trial.

CP: Listen, the first time you ever actually said that Patrick had nothing to do with it, when was it? Do you remember? Of these people you told, was it to your lawyers? Or was it your mother on the phone on the 10th?

AK: That Patrick had nothing to do with it? I imagined that he was innocent
because--

CP: But when did you said it for the first time? In the phone call with
your mother on November 10th?

AK: I don't know when the first time I told someone was.

GCM: Excuse me. Before you told your mother, did you tell anyone else?

AK: Yes, I wrote it in my memorandum of the 7th.

(testimony june 12, 2009)

Understanding the independent DNA experts' report in the Amanda Knox case:

Pt. 1 http://forensicdnaconsulting.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/understanding-the-independent-dna-experts%E2%80%99-report-in-the-amanda-knox-case-part-i/

In summary, there are a few possible scenarios to consider:
-Based on the confusion with regards to the quantitation, potential questions emerge about the authenticity of the analysis.
-Is the DNA profile even reportable according to the laboratory’s guidelines, and….are such guidelines supported by appropriate validation studies?
-The DNA is actually a contaminant and was not present on the knife.
-The DNA was actually present on the knife. It clearly cannot be associated with blood. At the level that the DNA was detected, there are numerous possibilities for how the DNA may have gotten on the knife via innocent transfer.
It is certainly safe to say that the result is in no way consistent with blood from Meredith Kercher being present on the knife.

Pt. 2 http://forensicdnaconsulting.wordpr...perts’-report-in-the-amanda-knox-case-part-2/

These factors have the potential to have introduced contamination onto the bra clasps. It is unclear how and when the DNA on the bra clasps got there. There are major concerns regarding the collection of the evidence. All things considered, the weight of the evidence of the finding of DNA consistent with Rafaelle Sollecito on the bra clasps is highly questionable particularly since this is the only piece of DNA evidence associating Sollecito with the crime.

At the time of the murder, there was no way AK or RS could have imagined the attention that would be put on them. Having just killed someone, I still find it hard to believe they would not have disposed of the murder weapon, particularly since the phones were disposed of. Fair point about buying a knife to replace it. Guess I wouldn't make a very good murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Imagine if they had tossed the knife with the phones. The knife would have been found. Then suddenly it would have been normal for AK/RS to have brought the knife to the cottage. The burglar took it from the cottage and dumped it. The DNA is from cooking ;)

CP: Listen, the first time you ever actually said that Patrick had nothing to do with it, when was it? Do you remember? Of these people you told, was it to your lawyers? Or was it your mother on the phone on the 10th?

AK: That Patrick had nothing to do with it? I imagined that he was innocent
because--

CP: But when did you said it for the first time? In the phone call with
your mother on November 10th?

AK: I don't know when the first time I told someone was.

GCM: Excuse me. Before you told your mother, did you tell anyone else?

AK: Yes, I wrote it in my memorandum of the 7th.

(testimony june 12, 2009)

Knox is not telling the truth. She did not state in her Nov 7 letter that Patrick had nothing to do with the murder.

(Four dropped out) and don't forget the attorney representing is Francesco Marcesca
1. Marco Chiacchiera, vice director, flying squad (in Questura control room).
2. Edgardo Giobbi, head of SCO, Rome (Questura control room).
3. Monica Napoleoni, homicide chief, Flying Squad (went back and forth between Amanda and Raffaele Sollecito’s interrogation rooms and Questura control room).
4. Lorena Zugarini, Flying Squad. (Amanda’s room).
5. Rita Ficarra, Flying Squad (Amanda’s room).
6. Fabio D’Astolto, Flying Squad (saw Knox on Nov. 2).
7. Ivano Raffo, SCO, Rome (Amanda’s room).
8. Anna Donnino, Flying Squad Interpreter (Amanda’s room).
LINK
So just 2 or 3 were questioning AK and not 12. RS dropped AK's alibi, and AK suddenly accused Patrick after they discovered her text message. RS never said she had gone to the cottage. The police didn't ask if she was at the cottage (They asked if she went out to meet Patrick). How in the world did she imagine that she was at the cottage hearing Patrick kill Meredith?

Outside of meeting Rudy at one party in the downstairs appartment and perhaps serving him at the bar where she worked, there is no evidence of social contact between Amanda and Rudy. No emails, no phone calls, no text messages.

The police leaked to the press that Amanda called Rudy right after Meredith's body was found. Just one of many such falsehoods spread by the police and prosecutors involved in this case. It seems that Italy doesn't mind smear campaigns directed at suspects.

My question was did Amanda know he had fled to Germany? If so, she perhaps thought she was safe so she pinned it on Patrick.

IIRC in Casey Anthony case there were more than one. I'm sure there are other cases where more than one officer is part of the interrogation process. Well that's how the do it on law and order. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95