Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still curious about why kokomani's car was parked in the driveway that night and why do you suppose he mentions downstairs. (I don't think it was the cat) There are some parts of his diary that are hard to ignore - chilling in my opinion..

I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I went downstairs to the guys’ place, but no one was there either. So then, I waited in the yard.

Mk arrives, meets rudy at the door

(she) then took the keys out of her purse, opened the door, and we entered. There wasn't anyone in the house because it was dark everywhere, in the kitchen, in the living room, then she yelled "Anybody here,"

Mk realizes money is stolen and he helps her look for it

Also, I checked the other rooms but everything was in order. So I tried to speak to her and calm her down, saying that a girl shouldn't get upset or she'll get wrinkles, and she laughed. I told her to laugh because everything would eventually work out.

His message to amanda

Speak the truth. What are you hiding? If it wasn't Raffaele, who was there on that night? One of your many druggie-lovers you were bringing home? Was he someone from the "Merlin," "Domus," was it all of you downstairs?
Yes, someone on another fourm had spoken of the possibility of Kokomani's involvement. So what are your thoughts on this?

That's what I call cherry picking. Wrongful convictions, railroad jobs and police misconduct aren't limited to Amanda Knox, Raffaele Sollecito and Ryan Ferguson. It happens in every country all the time even though the vast bulk of convictions are right and proper. It only takes a small % of a very large number to be wrongful and there's a hellva lot of innocent people sitting in prisons who shouldn't be there and you hear about people being released and given new trials in the news every week.

To suggest that because something happens often in the US, it must happen everywhere with the same frequency ... I'm not convinced of that. The justice system in the US is quite different from most countries. American's often have the idea that they are No 1, that they are the best, that everything American is better than everyone and everywhere else. A 300 million population with this belief is bound to have different problems than other countries.

It is almost common to hear of a wrongful conviction in the US that is nearly impossible to overturn, even though it seems obvious that a mistake was made. It is actually quite unusual to hear of this in other countries. It's also becoming quite common in the US for people that are obviously guilty to be found not guilty.

Will there be a report issued with the verdict or, like here in the US, just the verdict? I'd love to know the reasoning behind a verdict, whichever way they decide.

The judge always prepares a report to explain the reasoning.

Thanks for this---Most appreciated - where did you get this info, as I was searching RE the clean-up evidence, and couldn't find all of this..

The clean up theory is in the Massei report which was translated 3.5 years ago. ;)

I'm at a loss to understand the clean up when Amanda was pointing out the dirty bathroom/blood spots to the postal police. Did she leave a few intending to play the actress?

Yes, someone on another fourm had spoken of the possibility of Kokomani's involvement. So what are your thoughts on this?

The broken down car has been mentioned here in comments, but the time that the car was there has not been provided.

Kokomani was an Albanian cocaine dealer. Wasn't his testimony excluded from the conclusions; deemed not credible?

The history behind the Monster of Florence is that Douglas Preston had writer's block and decided to go to Italy. Once there, he claims he discovered that there was an unusual unsolved serial murder case. He decided to write about it. He bumped into Spezi, a journalist (or writer) that was also researching the case. Together, they started poking around, trying to get information from police. Eventually, they stepped too far into the investigation and got the attention of the prosecutor's office. Preston was very upset that he was questioned by the prosecutor. In fact, he was told that he was interfering with the investigation. This really upset Preston. I suppose he thought that everyone would want to help him with his book. Preston felt very threatened and turned against the prosecutor. Since then, he has been badmouthing the prosecutor in Perugia.

Douglas Preston is not an objective source regarding the prosecutor's office in Perugia. Years later he still seems angry about being told to stay out of the investigation.

So it isn't true that Mignini thought that the monster of Florence was actually a satanic cult? And he believed that a Dr. Narducci that was found dead in a lake was part of this cult (I think as keeper of harvested organs) and was actually murdered and had not committed suicide as was determined? That Mignini had the doctor's body exhumed, but felt that it wasn't actually the doctor because the body wasn't decomposed enough to be him, so his body must have been switched! When it was determined that the body was in fact Narducci, Mignini doubled down and said the body must have been switched twice! So, is none of this true?

I understand that Preston and Spezi pissed off Mignini, but what is your opinion on Mignini's conduct during the investigation of the monster of Florence?

Thanks for this---Most appreciated - where did you get this info, as I was searching RE the clean-up evidence, and couldn't find all of this..
Mostly Massei. He mentions the Luminol prints, missing footprints, door. He doesn't specifically mention the almost completely clean sink/bidet but I find that something worth mentioning. That wouldn't be so clean if there had been someone cleaning in a hurry. The standalone shoe print on the pillow is mentioned in Massei but not the missing shoe prints. I don't know why he didn't make a bigger deal of that one. I could have added clean outside handle of the bedroom door, but overall it just so happened that there wasn't a single clear sign that such a bloody murder had happened outside the murder room. Nobody noticed. This would have been much clearer if there had not been a clean up IMO.

Mostly Massei. He mentions the Luminol prints, missing footprints, door. He doesn't specifically mention the almost completely clean sink/bidet but I find that something worth mentioning. That wouldn't be so clean if there had been someone cleaning in a hurry. The standalone shoe print on the pillow is mentioned in Massei but not the missing shoe prints. I don't know why he didn't make a bigger deal of that one. I could have added clean outside handle of the bedroom door, but overall it just so happened that there wasn't a single clear sign that such a bloody murder had happened outside the murder room. Nobody noticed. This would have been much clearer if there had not been a clean up IMO.
Thanks, yes, I would agree. In terms of what you said before about it looking like the whole bathroom floor had been mopped---did they test the mop the 2 were purportedly standing outside with? If so, and it turned up clean, what would you make of this? Just trying to tie up all loose ends in my mind. ;)

The broken down car has been mentioned here in comments, but the time that the car was there has not been provided.

Kokomani was an Albanian cocaine dealer. Wasn't his testimony excluded from the conclusions; deemed not credible?

Yes he was deemed not credible. Lets not start talking about his crazy testimony.

So the judges/jurors will be given this sort of info by the defense, regarding the ambiguity of this evidence?
Sarah Gino pointed out some of the limitations of luminol in the first trial, and I would imagine that the defense will continue to make these points in their summation. However, The CSC is wrong in its assertions about luminol, and I don't know whether or not they are open to reason. Hope springs eternal.

Amanda is a confused child regardless that she too had been in trouble for throwing rocks.
False. The citation was for noise. I have seen zero evidence that anyone from the party threw rocks, let alone Amanda. The two events were related by proximity, but that is about it.

So it isn't true that Mignini thought that the monster of Florence was actually a satanic cult? And he believed that a Dr. Narducci that was found dead in a lake was part of this cult (I think as keeper of harvested organs) and was actually murdered and had not committed suicide as was determined? That Mignini had the doctor's body exhumed, but felt that it wasn't actually the doctor because the body wasn't decomposed enough to be him, so his body must have been switched! When it was determined that the body was in fact Narducci, Mignini doubled down and said the body must have been switched twice! So, is none of this true?

I understand that Preston and Spezi pissed off Mignini, but what is your opinion on Mignini's conduct during the investigation of the monster of Florence?

Actually, it was the prosecutor that upset Preston. Preston was questioned because he was interfering in a murder investigation. He felt threatened and that made him angry. He seems to be angry about this still today. Many theories were developed regarding the identity of the person(s) responsible for the murders. Many suspects were investigated. The case is still unsolved and theories are still being considered. If Preston fixated on one of the many theories, that is his mistake.

When Knox was arrested and Mignini was the prosecutor, Preston, who is still angry with the prosecutor today, saw this as an opportunity to smear the prosecutor's reputation. He has done everything possible to damage the reputation of the prosecutor because he had his wrists slapped for interfering with the Monster of Florence investigation.

Well, this business with the bra, the stencil effect, the blood droplets, etc., was hugely, massively important in Massei, and I believe also in the Galati appeal. It revealed that someone had returned to move the victim many hours after death.
What pages in the Massei report deal with this? What I have read on other boards indicates that there were blood droplets on Meredith's breast as well.

Sarah Gino pointed out some of the limitations of luminol in the first trial, and I would imagine that the defense will continue to make these points in their summation. However, The CSC is wrong in its assertions about luminol, and I don't know whether or not they are open to reason. Hope springs eternal.

Can you cite a case in the US where luminol evidence was discredited with a similar argument? If luminol evidence is such a problem, surely there are many cases where this has already been argued.

What pages in the Massei report deal with this? What I have read on other boards indicates that there were blood droplets on Meredith's breast as well.
I was wrong, and apologize for this unreservedly. It turns out this is mentioned in Micheli. I think I was led to believe it was massively important, so jumped to the conclusion that it must be covered in Massei. It wasn't. My error.

False. The citation was for noise. I have seen zero evidence that anyone from the party threw rocks, let alone Amanda. The two events were related by proximity, but that is about it.

So Knox was throwing an out of control party and coincidentally hooligans were next door throwing rocks at passing cars, but they had no connection to the out of control party that required police intervention?

Thanks, yes, I would agree. In terms of what you said before about it looking like the whole bathroom floor had been mopped---did they test the mop the 2 were purportedly standing outside with? If so, and it turned up clean, what would you make of this? Just trying to tie up all loose ends in my mind. ;)

I have wondered if the mop used for the clean up was Raff's and that was part of what was cleaned at his house with bleach. Surely he had a mop if he had a cleaning lady. The whole story about the pipe breaking and not cleaning it up is so far fetched. These aren't children for crying out loud. Who would know if she was bringing the mop from her place to Raff's or from Raff's to her place?

Seems like a good way to deflect attention, IMO.

IIRC, Amanda was called and told to not come into work that night.
With respect, I think you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was that I think that Amanda worked on Halloween night, but I have not gone back to check this yet.

BBM

That has been mentioned in this discussion before, but there doesn't seem to be any official link to this information. Without referencing an opinion from someone not involved in the case, is there a link?

At this time, the claim appears to be something that is stated repeatedly with the hope that people begin to believe that it is true.

The proof he uses is the lividity in the shoulder and an indention in her shoulder left by the bra strap. As well as what you mention.
In the Massei report, p. 121, Professor Bacci "dismissed" a mark on Meredith as being livor mortis (it was a bruise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState