Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raffaele didn't say amanda told him to tell a load of rubbish?

What time did they get to the police station and what time did RS stop supporting Amandas alibi?
Yes, didn't Raffaele say that "everything I have told you up til now has been a load of rubbish, but I believed Amanda's story and didn't think of the inconcistencies"?

BBM this is your opinion correct?

Surely this can't be stated as fact.

Did the British girls claim to has been coerced into speaking untruths as well?

There is absolutely no documentation supporting any allegations of prosecutorial misconduct, coercion of witnesses, or manipulation of witness testimony in this case.

I would also add that the prosecutor is ridiculed as making an issue over the poo in the toilet, yet Amanda didn't find blood in the house alarming, it was the poo that got her hackles up.

I must say I find Amanda's version of being spooked by it very plausible psychologically.

Crini's story that Meredith attacked Amanda about Guede defecating into Filomena's toilet? Meh.

I don't think they spoke untruths. But I am sure Mignini made certain to hone in on what the focus should be. All investigators and prosecutors do this. I think one can believe they had been coached by Mignini, and still take their testimony as factual.

That's not what is being asserted though, it's been said that the "British virgins" (not my words) are unreliable and that Mignini worked long and hard on them.

Raffaele didn't say amanda told him to tell a load of rubbish?
Yes he signed something like this that night. Too bad there is no recording of what really happened at the station.

What time did they get to the police station and what time did RS stop supporting Amandas alibi?
I don't think reliable record of this exists. There is no recording and the times that are written on the papers signed by Amanda and Raffaele indicate at best what time did they start to type, not what time they got them signed.
What we know is they were held at the station all night and arrested next day.

Yes, didn't Raffaele say that "everything I have told you up til now has been a load of rubbish, but I believed Amanda's story and didn't think of the inconcistencies"?

Isn't it interesting? Why would he do something like this out of nowhere if he was guilty along with her?

I must say I find Amanda's version of being spooked by it very plausible psychologically.

Crini's story that Meredith attacked Amanda about Guede defecating into Filomena's toilet? Meh.

There have been a few times in my life that I have found a floater in the toilet but I don't recall ever being spooked by it. In fact I think being spooked by feces sounds like a psychological problem. But that's just me.

Finding that quantity of blood on the other hand...

There have been a few times in my life that I have found a floater in the toilet but I don't recall ever being spooked by it. In fact I think being spooked by feces sounds like a psychological problem. But that's just me.

Finding that quantity of blood on the other hand...

I think it takes some attention to the progression of 'findings' to get Amanda's story.

Interestingly not one of those who had seen the blood in the bathroom testified that it was an alarming sight.
Maybe t looks much scarier on the photographs.

Yes he signed something like this that night. Too bad there is no recording of what really happened at the station.

I don't think reliable record of this exists. There is no recording and the times that are written on the papers signed by Amanda and Raffaele indicate at best what time did they start to type, not what time they got them signed.
What we know is they were held at the station all night and arrested next day.

Is it not true that they arrived at the police station at 10:30pm and her first statement was at 1:45am? Iirc

That doesn't leave much time for RS to be worked over to the point of breaking.

IMO all it took was pointing out to him the inconsistencies, he didn't know what else to say.

Is it not true that they arrived at the police station at 10:30pm and her first statement was at 1:45am? Iirc

IMO all it took was pointing out to him the inconsistencies, he didn't know what else to say.

That's very interesting. What inconsistencies were they?

That's very interesting. What inconsistencies were they?

Clearly enough for RS to claim amanda told him to tell a load of rubbish and he hadn't thought of the inconsistencies.

Knox and Sollecito had pizza dinner with Sollecito's friends. Sollecito was asked to go to the police station after dinner to answer a few questions. They arrived between 10:30 and 11 PM. Knox voluntarily went to the police station.

Knox did her stretches/yoga/cartwheels to capture the officer's attention ... and succeeded. Sollecito was answering questions. At some point, he admitted that he told a load of rubbish and claimed that the rubbish he told was to appease Knox.

Some time after 11, Knox was asked to answer a couple of questions. We know that she couldn't communicate with the officers, as a translator was requested. It took about an hour for the translator to arrive. After questions were asked in Italian, they were translated to English, the questions were answered in English, and then the English answers were translated to Italian ... meaning the conversation took twice as long as it would have taken had everyone spoken the same language. By 1:30 AM, Knox signed an English language, typed statement confirming the testimony she gave to police. That statement changed her status from witness to suspect and she was arrested.

Knox and Sollecito had pizza dinner with Sollecito's friends. Sollecito was asked to go to the police station after dinner to answer a few questions. They arrived between 10:30 and 11 PM. Knox voluntarily went to the police station.

Knox did her stretches/yoga/cartwheels to capture the officer's attention ... and succeeded. Sollecito was answering questions. At some point, he admitted that he told a load of rubbish and claimed that the rubbish he told was to appease Knox.

Some time after 11, Knox was asked to answer a couple of questions. We know that she couldn't communicate with the officers, as a translator was requested. It took about an hour for the translator to arrive. After questions were asked in Italian, they were translated to English, the questions were answered in English, and then the English answers were translated to Italian ... meaning the conversation took twice as long as it would have taken had everyone spoken the same language. By 1:30 AM, Knox signed an English language, typed statement confirming the testimony she gave to police. That statement changed her status from witness to suspect and she was arrested.

Could you please provide a source for the bolded part for starters? Or is anything you write just your opinion.

Clearly enough for RS to claim amanda told him to tell a load of rubbish and he hadn't thought of the inconsistencies.

Too bad we will never know, because the police claims their recording systems were off.

Fortunately, Raffaele wrote in some detail about it. It appears the inconsistencies they caught him in was that he couldn't recall the exact events of what he was doing the week before.
He signed a statement at 3:30, after five hours of interrogation without a lawyer.

Too bad we will never know, because the police claims their recording systems were off.

Fortunately, Raffaele wrote in some detail about it. It appears the inconsistencies they caught him in was that he couldn't recall the exact events of what he was doing the week before.
He signed a statement at 3:30, after five hours of interrogation without a lawyer.

Do you have a quote or link to back this up? Or is this in your opinion?

Just throwing this out there as grist for the mill; not saying it proves anything.

When in the past I had pondered the idea of Knox and Sollecito perhaps bringing Guede to the cottage, I used to muse on what I had perceived from the beginning to be Knox's "tomboy" nature - how it reminded me of my younger sister, who in college used to hang with guys as friends (some of them quite unsavory) and go to bars , etc. with a few guys. And I had wondered if that trait of Amanda's ("one of the boys") might have played into the guilty scenario.

Found this passage in Knox's book (which I have yet to buy) so it's a confirmation of that aspect of her for me.

This is sort of irrelevant, but I was surprised to read Knox say that a friend urged her to straighten her hair, which she then continued doing. So I guess her real hair is wavy, kinky, or curly? I cannot imagine it.

This is all JMO. I do believe she was a tomboy, as she herself states and I had seen her say in a couple of interviews or something, I can't remember whre exactly. I think she got along well with guys, but also wanted to be included in "girls things" as well, and to have good friends who were girls. Especially as she was getting older, there's just something special about close friendships with other girls. I think she was a tomboy, but also had a girly-girl kind of side, if that makes any sense.

I don't know, but I have a feeling her 3 European roomates sort of saw her as that "crazy American girl," and they were just not used to her "type" (tomboyish, etc.). I don't know exactly what the upbringing of the other girls were, but I know in Europe, the "class" factor plays a much bigger role than in the U.S., especially more than in middle-class U.S., I don't know about upper/high class U.S., I'm sure they're just as concerned with status as Europeans are. But for the most part, I don't believe middle-class in U.S. concern themselves too much over those things.

I believe there was maybe some class-factor that maybe lead to some division between Amanda and the rest of her roomates. That maybe they treated her fine enough, but maybe they just felt she was a little different, and she could sense that. I don't know. As I said, this is JMO.

Ah, OK - @ otto - that clears that up, then. I knew in the '60s sometimes girls used to iron their hair to make it flat, but I see now that what her friend had suggested is using a flat iron like you do. thanks, Amber :)

LOL! This part of the conversation is cracking me up! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member