American doctor in Liberia tests positive for Ebola virus

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do Sky reporters have to be so crass? To someone who has reached the bleeding phase of Ebola infection: "How are you feeling?" "Weak? You don't want to talk?"

Idiot.

Patient being tested for ebola virus in NYC at Mt Sinai hospital. Patient was in W Africia. No diagnosis yet.

Per Fox News

No link yet.

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6m
Sick man who recently traveled to W. Africa is being tested for Ebola at Mount Sinai Hospital in NYC, hospital says. http://cnn.it/1pToJQj

Patient being tested for ebola virus in NYC at Mt Sinai hospital. Patient was in W Africia. No diagnosis yet.

Per Fox News

No link yet.

Confirming I've heard the same. Patient presented to Mt Sinai, NYC (I believe), very high fever, very significant GI distress, recently came from West Africa (I didn't catch which country)...

Kids, if this *is* here, via open transportation and travel...an entire planeload of folks, and a plane itself contaminated, but has flown several flights since this passenger flew on it...(and I'm assuming that, but don't know for sure)....Good Lord in Heaven above.

Well, it's time to look in the corner of the box...is hope still trapped inside?

Best-
Herding Cats

HC, so true, and then where did they go? Food shopping? Its endless.

We are doomed.

Prayers to everyone.

We are doomed.

Prayers to everyone.

I hope this isn't Ebola, if it is? Let the finger -pointing begin.:tantrum:

I wonder about this person, how long did they wait before going to the ER? Did they just panic or wait until they were so sick they were forced to seek help...
They say 6 have tested negative so far. Hopefully this person does too.
Sadly I have a feeling the one person who is positive won't seek help thinking they are worrying about nothing
All posts are MOO

CNN is currently reporting on air that 6 other patients in the U.S. have been tested for the Ebola virus. They are individuals who traveled to West Africa and presented themselves to hospitals in the U.S. for treatment after experiencing "symptoms." Per CNN's live report, all of those patients tested negative for the Ebola virus.

This does not include the current patient who is currently being tested at Mount Sinai.

Unable to provide a link, as I watched this just now, live on-air.

CNN is currently reporting on air that 6 other patients in the U.S. have been tested for the Ebola virus. They are individuals who traveled to West Africa and presented themselves to hospitals in the U.S. for treatment after experiencing "symptoms." Per CNN's live report, all of those patients tested negative for the Ebola virus.

This does not include the current patient who is currently being tested at Mount Sinai.

Unable to provide a link, as I watched this just now, live on-air.

I should imagine that if you have just got back from west Africa and you get a headache, aches or a fever it must be very easy to fear the worst. Good for them not messing around before presenting at a hospital.

We are doomed.

Prayers to everyone.

Not really too worried about myself, but my family, and the general public; America.. Can you imagine the ramifications, if the lame decision to import ebola patients into the US, results into a pandemic? A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
When I saw them transporting ebola infected/highly contagious Dr Brantley, to Emery Hospital in a Grady Hospital ambulance, on I-75/85 with traffic whizzing by them in both adjacent lanes. My thought was 'WTH are they thinking'. The GH ambulances are located in fire stations and respond to continuous emergency medical calls all across the city of Atlanta 24/7.. Combine that with fire department responses which include Hartsfield International airport, and you have designed the perfect storm.. jmo

I should imagine that if you have just got back from west Africa and you get a headache, aches or a fever it must be very easy to fear the worst. Good for them not messing around before presenting at a hospital.

How many times have we all heard someone say, "I never watch the news, it's too depressing"?

Good for them but think of all the people at the hospital now exposed to it. At least it sounds like it doesn't take long to know if they have the ebola virus. Regular hospitals aren't equipped to deal with it. I guess if they have it they would be sent to one of the four hospitals with isolation units. Nearest one to NYC is in Maryland.

Not really too worried about myself, but my family, and the general public; America.. Can you imagine the ramifications, if the lame decision to import ebola patients into the US, results into a pandemic? A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
When I saw them transporting ebola infected/highly contagious Dr Brantley, to Emery Hospital in a Grady Hospital ambulance, on I-75/85 with traffic whizzing by them in both adjacent lanes. My thought was 'WTH are they thinking'. The GH ambulances are located in fire stations and respond to continuous emergency medical calls all across the city of Atlanta 24/7.. Combine that with fire department responses which include Hartsfield International airport, and you have designed the perfect storm.. jmo

Its so frightening. Maybe I watch to many movies but the reporter on CNN is right in front of the hospital and you can see people going in and out of this hospital.

I have to go into NY ciity tomorrow and im bringing wipes etc with me to clean the elevator buttons etc. i"ll be like Monk.

On second thought, i'm not going.

Its so frightening. Maybe I watch to many movies but the reporter on CNN is right in front of the hospital and you can see people going in and out of this hospital.

I have to go into NY ciity tomorrow and im bringing wipes etc with me to clean the elevator buttons etc. i"ll be like Monk.

On second thought, i'm not going.
I wonder how he got to the hospital...taxi? I really hope his tests come back negative.

Good for them but think of all the people at the hospital now exposed to it. At least it sounds like it doesn't take long to know if they have the ebola virus. Regular hospitals aren't equipped to deal with it. I guess if they have it they would be sent to one of the four hospitals with isolation units. Nearest one to NYC is in Maryland.

CDC Emergency @CDCemergency · 2h

Any hospital in the US can provide the appropriate level of care for persons with #ebola. #CDCchat

I think if there are any suspicious symptoms they will be straight into a side room with barrier nursing until the doctors are sure one way or another. Then as you say, if positive they will be whisked off to a 'serious' isolation unit.

Better in hospital getting a definitive diagnosis than out in the community, surely?

2 men dropped dead on the street in Africa, no one would take them to the hospital.

"Both men had shown symptoms of Ebola such as bleeding and vomiting before they died but scared locals had refused to take them to the hospital, she added."

"Information Minister Lewis Brown confirmed that the bodies had been collected, although he said they had only been there for a few hours. "I can confirm that the bodies were in the street. They have been removed," he said on Sunday."

All posts are MOO

My daughter was in NYC for less then 24 hours. Arrived yesterday and left this afternoon. I don't know if I should be worried or not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selaynehunter
Back