Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! She's a fine one to comment on appearances.:waitasec:

I don't think her "strap-**s" comment was about appearances. I believe she was referring to adult "toys" and insinuating they may have alternative lifestyles. She thought it was a funny joke, ya know? Just my opinon. (Note she then was flustered that it was recorded. Or she knew it was being recorded and didn't care and also thought that was funny.)

My question is: when in 2008 was this? Was she already anticipating joining this case and was it a jab at the female prosecutor on this case? All I can say if it was is WOW!! Just WOW!!

I don't think her "strap-**s" comment was about appearances. I believe she was referring to adult "toys" and insinuating they may have alternative lifestyles. She thought it was a funny joke, ya know? Just my opinon. (Note she then was flustered that it was recorded. Or she knew it was being recorded and didn't care and also thought that was funny.)

My question is: when in 2008 was this? Was she already anticipating joining this case and was it a jab at the female prosecutor on this case? All I can say if it was is WOW!! Just WOW!!

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. And she is not, how shall I say this tactfully, physically built to make those kind of comments and get by with them. I've met drag queens that come across as more feminine. Regardless, it was tacky and unprofessional.

This doesn't bother me at all. She was preaching to the choir, an audience of her peers. I imagine if we'd heard the prosecution's seminar tapes, we'd hear similar tacky comments.

She's an excellent speaker.

She's going down this time, though.

Blaise

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. And she is not, how shall I say this tactfully, physically built to make those kind of comments and get by with them. I've met drag queens that come across as more feminine. Regardless, it was tacky and unprofessional.

The entire defense team is beginning to come across as some kind of cast from a horror movie. AL is a bully with a sick sense of humor.
She has raised her self a bit too high on her pedestal and she may be in for a little topple.
I'll bet closing arguments are going to be ticket worthy. Can't wait to hear the way Ashton and LBD will handle her.

If there were no "killers" on juries, wouldn't AL be... um... unemployed? Just another trip down Mendacity Lane.

The words kettle,pot and black come to mind...:innocent:

The entire defense team is beginning to come across as some kind of cast from a horror movie. AL is a bully with a sick sense of humor.
She has raised her self a bit too high on her pedestal and she may be in for a little topple.
I'll bet closing arguments are going to be ticket worthy. Can't wait to hear the way Ashton and LBD will handle her.

All I can say is they were all meant for each other.. :innocent:

Oh crap! She hasn't lost a case yet? This should be all kinds of interesting to watch at trial, that's for sure!

Where have I been? I am so very slacking in my sleuthing lately between going back to work and moving my life around. I miss my fellow sleuths :blowkiss:

I think Lyon calls them wins even if the accused is found guilty but does not receive a death sentence. As long as she saves them from the needle it's a win in her book.

Does anyone know if she usually tries cases from start to finish, or does she usually just come in at the punishment phase and present all the mitigating factors? I'm curious because I wonder if she is experienced at the pre-trial phase that she is involved in right now in KC's case and if she has actual experience in the guilty/not-guilty phase of trial that is coming.

I think Lyon calls them wins even if the accused is found guilty but does not receive a death sentence. As long as she saves them from the needle it's a win in her book.

Does anyone know if she usually tries cases from start to finish, or does she usually just come in at the punishment phase and present all the mitigating factors? I'm curious because I wonder if she is experienced at the pre-trial phase that she is involved in right now in KC's case and if she has actual experience in the guilty/not-guilty phase of trial that is coming.

I imagine it could vary from state to state, but in one of her papers she specifically says that she frowns on SODDI arguments during the trial phase because, if things don't go right, you've basically wasted your time not making the defendant look pitiful enough to spare the DP during penalty. But I guess everyone was already on that SODDI Spaghetti wagontrain when she arrived.

Wow. Just wow. I have never seen such a deplorable and disgusting display as her speech. She came out and admitted she is AGAINST victims' advocates. I will be writing letters to both the pertinent bar association and her university. Society does not need people like this poisoning the system. Enough is enough. Unless she is mentally ill, there is no excuse for this. Utterly disgusting.

'K. I've finished with the 2nd video, and the funny thing is, she describes these series of horrible crimes and she lists the mitigating factors for each. The last one in the last few minutes is this horrific story of a boy who watches his daddy eviscerate his mamma, and then he was raped every day in prison, and so on and so forth, and not ONE OF THESE MITIGATING FACTORS assigned to each of these horrible criminals apply to Casey Anthony.

"You must not kill her!! Her mama was a real *****!"

Blaise

Blaise

All I can say is they were all meant for each other.. :innocent:
No kidding, when Andrea and LKB entered the case I thought that Jose was going to be in real trouble. Now that we have seen all of them in action, I think they really do deserve one another.

Here's Schaeffer's take on AL's presentation. I think it's cute that KB sound so shocked that attorneys are actors who manipulate a juror's emotion. I think that's a given. What I think is shocking are the unprofessional comments AL made regarding jurors, judges and prosecutors. She sounds very jaded.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21701258/index.html

Curious to anyone who may have knowledge......do the laws vary drastically from state to state?

Is there any chance that what AL knows pertains to law in the states she is licensed to practice in (can't recall what two states were?) vary DRASTICALLY from Florida Law?

Is it possible that she just hasn't done her homework before drafting these motions?

Didn't she have to go before JS to even get permission to practice in the state of Florida for this case?

She is a Law Professor at DePaul College of Law AND director of the DePaul Center for Justice in Capital Cases and Death Penalty Legal Clinic. She has tried over 130 homicide cases. IMO she knows exactly what she's doing.
Defense files the motion about RK. They go on tv morning shows. The people that haven't been following and reading all released evidence see the morning shows and wonder why LE has it in for KC because the Defense is all they see - LE isn't on the morning shows saying anything. Judge does or doesn't have a hearing. It doesn't matter because the Defense achieved what they set out to do...create REASONABLE DOUBT.

------------
cecybeans you just crack'd me up :floorlaugh: the pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_in...pdf/homart.pdf
INVESTIGATING AND TRYING A HOMICIDE CASE
The Champion, September/October 1998
Andrea D. Lyon

I'm not going to quote the article but it covers witness interviews, investigating the crime scenes, motions strategies, crime scene investigation - which just about covers pretrial forward

Ok maybe I'm overzealous with info on AL but I believe she is the member of the defense that needs to be the focus re: motions, investigator, how the Anthony's are (not) acting now etc.

Chicago Lawyer
A Publication of the Law Bulletin
Andrea Lyon: Fighting for lives, believing in redemption
by Maria Kantzavelos
(quoted from article)
“It was when, in a death-penalty case I tried some years ago, the prosecution filed a motion in limine to preclude me from, one: crying in front of the jury and, two: making the jury cry,” Lyon said. “I was so flattered. It was hilarious."

Ok maybe I'm overzealous with info on AL but I believe she is the member of the defense that needs to be the focus re: motions, investigator, how the Anthony's are (not) acting now etc.

Chicago Lawyer
A Publication of the Law Bulletin
Andrea Lyon: Fighting for lives, believing in redemption
by Maria Kantzavelos
(quoted from article)
“It was when, in a death-penalty case I tried some years ago, the prosecution filed a motion in limine to preclude me from, one: crying in front of the jury and, two: making the jury cry,” Lyon said. “I was so flattered. It was hilarious."

Yeah, we got ourselves a real showboat here. I doubt she will have much influence over Anthony behavior. I think she is saving them for mitigating circumstances and that will not be pretty. If she can just teach JB how to write a motion maybe she will get to the penalty phase. I have a feeling she lost the battle to dump the SODDI defense as she prefers - it was there when she started and Princess KC has not backed down, I'd imagine (JB told her she could go to the beach when this is all over). So she is going to have to live with that.

If she thinks waterworks and chaining herself to a table is going to win over the hearts and minds of Floridians she has another think coming. Frankly, I'm surprised that kind of hambone stuff has worked in IL. After years of governor shenanigans, culminating in the ever-delusional Blago, we are about as jaded and cynical as you can get.

If it wasn't "Game On" before, it will be as LDB listens to that seminar and the foul that came from her. She will handle Lyons with moves she ain't ever seen before. I do believe Lyons will have met her match.
:croc:

Very interesting listening. The Ego is staggering!!!!!!!!! I don't think I heard the word Justice even once. Sure did answer my question about why one would waste one's energy/talents/time working on behalf of bad guys. Seemed like the worse the client the more excited she got about the challenge. It's all about her........showcasing her...........no doubt about it. I hope LDB CRUSHES her!

This doesn't bother me at all. She was preaching to the choir, an audience of her peers. I imagine if we'd heard the prosecution's seminar tapes, we'd hear similar tacky comments.

She's an excellent speaker.

She's going down this time, though.

Blaise

I agree she's an excellent speaker........and obviously very intelligent. Maybe even the genius she believes herself to be. I would only wish she would have chosen to make a more positive contribution with her talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member