Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is MAD by initials, what is his interest in this case?

To better understand your question, from where are you getting these initials? Here at WS? A poster? From the media? Another site? I'm not sure I can help answer without more info please.
Thanx!

I saw AL on TruTV about 2 months ago. She was not talking about the KC case, but commenting on the case that Tru was presenting at that time. A jury will not like this woman. Although I am sure of her intelligence and her vast experience, she comes across as cold, without humor and with little or no personality. She won't affect KC's situation one bit.

A lot of people want to see her get the death penalty, myself included.

I'd be fine with Life (being Life). It is one thing to tough out a couple of years while awaiting trial and completely another to face spending the rest of your days in prison. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. That works.

What good is it to be good at what you do if what you do is no good?
Getting scumbags life in prison rather than the death that they so rightly deserve is nothing to be proud of-what kind of achievement is that? Thanks to her, 30 folks are a burden on the system when they should, by the severity of their crimes, have been condemned. Congratulations Andrea, you are the best salvation out there. Must be a great honor.

I wholeheartedly agree. Well said.

What good is it to be good at what you do if what you do is no good?
Getting scumbags life in prison rather than the death that they so rightly deserve is nothing to be proud of-what kind of achievement is that? Thanks to her, 30 folks are a burden on the system when they should, by the severity of their crimes, have been condemned. Congratulations Andrea, you are the best salvation out there. Must be a great honor.
I so not support DP in general and think it should be done away with. So, I don't mind people getting LWOP or in this case, if KC is found guilty, a life sentence.

I so not support DP in general and think it should be done away with. So, I don't mind people getting LWOP or in this case, if KC is found guilty, a life sentence.

I can live with it as long as it is done humanly even to those whose crimes are horrendous. But I would like to see stricter guild lines. Such as a confession with physical, circumstantial, and or forensic evidence backing up that confession. moo

I actually think LWOP would be harder for KC. She still thinks the trial is going to Miami so she can go to the beach after the jury finds her not guilty.

I've just listened to one of the tapes of the infamous speech. Two things stood out: that AL plays to the heartstrings and feelings of guilt of the jury, and even asserts that jurors have a short attention span for information, 15 seconds. The way to get to the jury is to paint them a picture using analogies. (IMO, she came across as pretty well dismissive of prosecution, juries, and female prosecutors. She is so far above them that they are mere bugs on the windshield of "justice".)

The second one pretty well highlighted her strategy in the DP phase, which, as she states, is a theme that must be built up and run throughout the entire trial (and obviously pre-trial).

She used the analogy of a bridge built with a slight imperfection, a weakness, some "damage", for an insanity defense. At some point the tread of the "smallest child" may finally break the bridge. In essence she's promoting the perp as a fragile, damaged creature to begin with. The use of "small child" heightens tender emotions.

And then she described a perp who participated in depraved murders who grew up in a depraved family, so her reasoning and justification for his acts was that "he learned it at his mother's knee". Hello Cindy and the perp! Already the perp is being represented as a grief stricken, fragile broken thing. Cindy just falls into place- just look at her depos and videos. And the beauty of this strategy is that since Cindy didn't murder Caylee and she will probably never be charged with obstructing justice, and her name cannot be besmirched any further than it is, all the benefit goes to the perp. That sociopathic family may be the key to mercy for the perp. It's just too perfect.

I am listening to the hearings again from yesterday, and I remember noticing this yesterday, but Ms. Lyon's "um", "and"....is driving me batty!!!! I wonder if she did that in the death penalty cases that she won.

It's my pet lawyer peeve! Casey should start counting the "uhs" so she'll have something to do with her legal pad.

Andrea Lyon had joined ranks with the likes of Bernadine Dohrn in protesting the alleged tortures of 24 minority men in Chicago by one of their police lieutenents.
The special prosecutor admits the tortures, but will not charge the lietenent due to SOL's.

Because this group does not like the SOL thing, they have appealed to the UN and the USDOJ to bring charges against the police lieutenent. AL's group is comparing this man to Lindy Englund & friends of Abu Graib fame.
This Lt. is as repugnant as Lindy Englund & friends, but a citizen of the state of Illinois is absolutely not subject to the mandates of the UN. He does not have to abide by Geneva, he has to abide by the laws of Illinois. If the SOL's are not long eneough in Illinois, wouldn't it be proper to address it through their legislature and see if they can get grandfathered laws?

AL's group does not address tortures that may have happened to white defendants-

http://justicereform.net/essay_07-04.html

As this applies to KC's case: I have to wonder why she decided to take on this case in a state that does not require special circumstances, and a state that is the third highest in executions. If KC is only a stepping stone in an overall agenda, will KC's needs really be addressed specific to her own case? Will KC miss the opportunity to receive a plea because of this driving agenda? AL has already eluded to the fact that she would ideally like JudgeS to weigh-in on the DP choice in Florida (though he has refused so far).

I don't believe AL took this job for the same reason LKB did (notariety), I think she took it to make a change. Look for an ultimate indictment of the laws of Florida from AL. Any appeals will focus on the laws of Florida, rather than the circumstances of this case, I believe-And I don't think that fairs well for KC (It would benefit AL's agenda to get to the higher courts), though it might make AL feel fulfilled.

In Kathi's interview, when she was walking Jose and Andrea away from the press conference, she asked Andrea, "do you really think of yourself as a genius". Was there a time where Andrea referred to herself as such, if so, I must have missed that part.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html

I don't remember that, but I only got to watch the 2 10-minute videos on Youtube. When that recording of AL first was posted, wasn't one of the parts a 30+ minute one?

I did love that Kathi asked AL that, tho! Reminded me of the time KB asked KC if she swung her hips on purpose! LOL!

I don't remember that, but I only got to watch the 2 10-minute videos on Youtube. When that recording of AL first was posted, wasn't one of the parts a 30+ minute one?

I did love that Kathi asked AL that, tho! Reminded me of the time KB asked KC if she swung her hips on purpose! LOL!
I missed the Andrea audio too. The only thing I remember about that is what I have read. Would love to know if she called herself a genius though !

In court Friday, I failed to see the genius in her...must have happened when I went to the bathroom.

I just watched that video again and it really looks as though AL did elbow Kathi pretty hard. (a bit after the 5 min mark).
IMO, AL is a bully with a horrible personality and I can't picture any Florida jury liking her or being persuaded by anything she says.

I just watched that video again and it really looks as though AL did elbow Kathi pretty hard. (a bit after the 5 min mark).
IMO, AL is a bully with a horrible personality and I can't picture any Florida jury liking her or being persuaded by anything she says.

ITA...I think she'd make an interesting college professor, but I don't think any court would find her appealing or persuasive. She may be good, but I think Jose made a mistake in picking her. Also a mistake with Macaluso...he is so obviously a big bully! No one will like him either.

At about the 4:22 mark she says that in speaking about jurors in the closing argument - "either think that I remember what they said in which case they were appreciative or I'm a damn genius, which is fine to because I agree with that."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6YV0sw_Fk&feature=channel[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member