Andrea Lyon New DP Atty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think him approaching OCSO speaks volumes -- maybe a whole library full -- about what the evidence even way back then, a fraction of what we have now, indicated to him. And it wasn't that his client was going to be proved innocent.

Actually, I think it was before we really had any evidence back from anywhere. he wanted immunity for them to talk to her.

Possible that he was still believing her BS stories...

I never thought he really believed her, etc... Until when the really strong evidence came back, and he had to go to the hospital. How he seemed to need comfort when the baby was found. He rushed to KC to comfort her. But she reallyl didn't need comfort because she found out her baby died. She needed it because she was in trouble. JB might have finally "got it." Most likely hard to accept.. but still...

I've never seen a perp so tied up in hubris.

Anybody with two firing neurons woulda gone for a deal and pled "accident."

However, the deal required leading LE to the body.

And, once LE found they body.. they'd find the duct tape and sticker. Which shows intent.

She gambled that LE would never find the baby, and she lost.

Now, she'd only have a chance at a defense if the jury was populated with 12 bad fiction writers.

Yep! But with JB saying she was innocent. And how they can prove it and protect her. And how mistreated, etc.. she was.. Oh poor KC...

KC never came out of fantasy land.

Whatchoo lookin' at, babe?

DANG! I HATE it when a first-rate astrologer says, "Oh, no, ...not NOW! ;-)

All I see is a calendars.

I think Tuba was referring to KC's statement when she found out Caylee's remains had been found. correct me if I am wrong Tuba

Whatever Ms. Lyons is doing is not going to help Casey. She is going down for murdering her little daughter. I don't see how they can get past the 31 days even if someone else moved the body.

The way KC lies I think if I were the money behind her defense I would be starting to worry if I was going to be the next one under the bus with the new theory of "someone moved the body after she was in jail". That is if this is an individual and not a organization. Makes you wonder why JB would throw that theory out there and could SA come back and say okay we want to investigate the person behind the money as a potential suspect in moving the body? Sounds far fetched but so does someone else moving the body. Could AL say someone moved the body but we really don't know who did it?

The way KC lies I think if I were the money behind her defense I would be starting to worry if I was going to be the next one under the bus with the new theory of "someone moved the body after she was in jail". That is if this is an individual and not a organization. Makes you wonder why JB would throw that theory out there and could SA come back and say okay we want to investigate the person behind the money as a potential suspect in moving the body? Sounds far fetched but so does someone else moving the body. Could AL say someone moved the body but we really don't know who did it?

Organization?

No evidence of any Mr. Big supporting KC, LC. LE would have sniffed that out, by now. LE has their suspect. And, a ton of evidence.

The state appears the feel they have an excellent case for the body not having been moved, based on plants, bugs and animals.

IF JB thinks he can disprove that the body was there, he likely won't have to point to anyone else.

But, he prolly won't be able to do it.

Organization?

No evidence of any Mr. Big supporting KC, LC. LE would have sniffed that out, by now. LE has their suspect. And, a ton of evidence.

The state appears the feel they have an excellent case for the body not having been moved, based on plants, bugs and animals.
IF JB thinks he can disprove that the body was there, he likely won't have to point to anyone else.

But, he prolly won't be able to do it.

BBM
I agree.
Also, the SA felt they had a good case against her when they presented the case to a Grand Jury who indicted her for Murder in October BEFORE the body was found.

I think the person behind the money is Caylee......her photos,her videos,the story of her short life.They were sold by her family to pay for her murderers defense.

I think the person behind the money is Caylee......her photos,her videos,the story of her short life.They were sold by her family to pay for her murderers defense.

Exactly!

And, JB is prolly giving a break on fees.

He could never get that kind of publicity by hinself.

BBM
I agree.
Also, the SA felt they had a good case against her when they presented the case to a Grand Jury who indicted her for Murder in October BEFORE the body was found.

Very good point.

Yes and they are saying it. They're desperately hoping for some tangible proof that anyone else could have done it; for some reason they think it's better to point a finger at a specific someone. I suppose that's because Caylee was only 2 and KC had sole custody. No one else could have gained "possession" of Caylee but through KC so the unknown stranger would be negated by KC's failure to report.

Exactly!

And, JB is prolly giving a break on fees.

He could never get that kind of publicity by hinself.

I could not imagine anyone, not even the DUI case that hasn't sobered up yet, hiring him after what we've seen play out in the media and the courts.

I could not imagine anyone, not even the DUI case that hasn't sobered up yet, hiring him after what we've seen play out in the media and the courts.

Most of us here could not lin

But there are many Hispanics in this area and thru out Florida that do not watch english language tv but rely on Hispanic language media and IMO they may not report in the same fashion as the other stations...I'm just sayin :)

BBM
I agree.

You are right, but I always thought it was a bit odd that they yanked it off so quickly after that lame-o 30 page brief TL put together with childhood pix, profiles of other mommy-murderers, and theories of accidental death due to possible PPD (which I interpreted as Post Party Depression).

Maybe they were originally hoping to simply knock JB off the case since he is not DP qualified and it didn't fly.

Putting it back on the table a few months after the body was found makes me think the state feels their case is pretty airtight now.

You are right, but I always thought it was a bit odd that they yanked it off so quickly after that lame-o 30 page brief TL put together with childhood pix, profiles of other mommy-murderers, and theories of accidental death due to possible PPD (which I interpreted as Post Party Depression).

Maybe they were originally hoping to simply knock JB off the case since he is not DP qualified and it didn't fly.

Putting it back on the table a few months after the body was found makes me think the state feels their case is pretty airtight now.

BBM
Yes, I agree...since the body was found and other evidence collected IMO the SAO believes it has more or can prove aggravating factors

BBM

I doubt that the SA could care less about JB being KC's attorney. If anything, I would think it would be better to have such an inept attorney at the helm. Kinda like letting Gomer Pyle be in charge. They have covered themselves pretty well in making sure that his ineptitude did not equate to a reason for appeal and are moving forward. I just think that something came back to them that showed that she did this, she did it on purpose, and she did it all by herself. She deserves the DP and they are going to ask a jury to give it to her after she is found guilty. Personally, I hope she gets it. 10 to 15 years of misery on deathrow and then a needle in her arm. Of course, if they really wanted to be fair about it, they would then take her, triple bag her in garbage bags, and dump her down the street for 6 months. Save the state some money. JMO, of course.

And last link on Ms. Lyon.......this is a paper she presented on How to Represent a Capital Murder (death penalty) case.....I found it very interesting and informative, and easy to read (now I understand more about the court system!!)

Defending the Life-or-Death Case
by Andrea D. Lyon
http://www.andrealyon.com/linked/defendingthelife-or-deathcasearticle.pdf

Interesting read (starting on page 3) concerning family and the accused-especially since AL now wants G&C to start writing and visiting KC I think we're going to see, in the upcoming year, a PR campaign to humanize and explain KC's behavior! Can AL and the A's and KC pull this off? I think not-but I can't wait to see em try!!
Come On and
bring20it.png

Just a bit of venting - if my post is inappropriate mods, please remove it...

However, while I am admittedly unclear about who Ms. L might also be representing, as an Illinoisan I am just a bit dumbfounded that Ms. L is not involved with the "big 3" d.p. cases we have going in IL.

Degorski, Sheley, and Coleman.

Really? Degorski found guilty and passed on to the DP phase yesterday, Sheley and Coleman - well there's still plenty of time (and plenty of press if that's the concern) for those two.

Why did she pass on these back-yard opportunities? One literally within arms reach of her (Cook County). Is this a gender bias (all - including KC - are the same race) sympathy bid?

Sorry for the rant - just a little sick and tired IL politics. Wish we'd fix our own yard.

Just a bit of venting - if my post is inappropriate mods, please remove it...

However, while I am admittedly unclear about who Ms. L might also be representing, as an Illinoisan I am just a bit dumbfounded that Ms. L is not involved with the "big 3" d.p. cases we have going in IL.

Degorski, Sheley, and Coleman.

Really? Degorski found guilty and passed on to the DP phase yesterday, Sheley and Coleman - well there's still plenty of time (and plenty of press if that's the concern) for those two.

Why did she pass on these back-yard opportunities? One literally within arms reach of her (Cook County). Is this a gender bias (all - including KC - are the same race) sympathy bid?

Sorry for the rant - just a little sick and tired IL politics. Wish we'd fix our own yard.

Bold mine.

No, I think she latched onto KC's case because of all the National news about it. In the beginning, it was on TV every night on Nancy Grace. Lyon is looking for the case that exposes her the most to the media and gets her alot of press. JMO

Bold mine.

No, I think she latched onto KC's case because of all the National news about it. In the beginning, it was on TV every night on Nancy Grace. Lyon is looking for the case that exposes her the most to the media and gets her alot of press. JMO

IIRC she has a book about to be, or recently published??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico