Andrew Kinsman, 49, Toronto, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder how many landscaping jobs will have to be overturned? Shudder to think!

Publication ban on evidence? What would be the reasoning on this...

Usually a few reasons: 1. to prevent the family of victims and potential victims from hearing details through the media before they've been told the facts 2. to ensure the accused and potential witnesses don't know what evidence police have when they're being questioned 3. to ensure successful conviction of the accused at the trial by not prejudicing public opinion in advance.

At first glance, I'd certainly agree. I felt stumped.

But after giving it more thought, I'm sure profilers have a category for this guy. He likely came up with what he thought was the perfect way to repeatedly get away with murder, and feed his urge. Then every other day of the week lead his ordinary life, being an ordinary guy.

This isn't the first time society has been blindsided by a killer. They often hide in plain sight, and fool those around them.

Look at Ted Bundy, always telling the women he worked with to be careful, even walked a few of them to their car to keep them safe.

He led a relatively 'normal' life for years. Under the radar.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/954401710805577730

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 2.15.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 2.15.50 PM.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 106
Its often done in Canada. Same with the Shermans, Bernardo etc.
A legal publication ban on evidence in court is actually quite rare. LE remaining tight-lipped on how an investigation is unfolding, like with the Sherman's, is normal, yes.

Usually a few reasons: 1. to prevent the family of victims and potential victims from hearing details through the media before they've been told the facts 2. to ensure the accused and potential witnesses don't know what evidence police have when they're being questioned 3. to ensure successful conviction of the accused at the trial by not prejudicing public opinion in advance.
Will this likely be removed for trial, though? I have yet to come across a trial where there's a publication ban on evidence. On legal discussions, yes.

I think the pub ban is to do with multiple first degree murder charges and separate trials for each one. Likely there will be at least two more coming. JMO

Lindsay Biscaia‏
@LindsayBiscaia
Follow Follow @LindsayBiscaia

The latest from Madoc. There's some confusion now as to who owned this property just north of Madoc, but police have confirmed the site is at least associated in some way with McArthur. @GiuntaNews will have more at 6. @CHEXNewswatch

[video=youtube;T1rTTic3V4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rTTic3V4k[/video]

As per the video friend of BM own's the Madoc property and just bought it in the summer...

ETA: :thinking:

Wondering if BM DID own it and sold it to the friend this past summer.

Snipped...
...The arrest followed a police search at a property at 2598 Cooper Rd., near Madoc, about 73 kilometres east of Peterborough.

Ontario Provincial Police installed a gate and sealed off the property, which is 13 kilometres north of Highway 7 off Rimmington Road, Belleville's CJBQ-FM reported.

The property was lit up with flood lights Thursday night and police appeared to be searching in the backyard, Toronto's CFRB reported. Officers remained at the scene Friday.

Joanne Irvine, who lives two doors from the Madoc area house, told CFRB on Friday that McArthur moved in there last summer.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....nto-men-after-investigation-at-madoc-property

ETA: https://goo.gl/maps/H2Zar7NWA6k

Will this likely be removed for trial, though? I have yet to come across a trial where there's a publication ban on evidence. On legal discussions, yes.

Holmolka and Bernardo had black outs. We had to drive across the border to get information. Even some tv show was blacked out.

IF they ever have anything on the Shermans, I would expect the same ban on evidence in court.

Cant think of other off the cuff but it is not uncommon.

Snipped...
...Police are also searching five properties connected to McArthur -- the one near Madoc and four in Toronto, Idsinga said - both to find Esen and Kinsman's bodies, and to look for more victims.

Investigators have also set up a dedicated phone line -- 416-808-2021 -- for any tips from the public.

"At this stage, we're most concerned with identifying other victims of Mr. McArthur," Idsinga said.

I know what they are and why...but I have never seen one for "all evidence in court". Will that last the whole trial?

I'm close to that Madoc property. I will do some drive bys this weekend and update.

I think the pub ban is to do with multiple first degree murder charges and separate trials for each one. Likely there will be at least two more coming. JMO

Perhaps LE knows there will be a lot of repetition during multiple trials, i.e. MO, COD and they don't want it 'out there' until they are done with the trials??

I am just very glad they have him and am gob smacked at the sheer numbers of men gone missing.

Investigators have nothing new to add today relating to the arrest of Bruce McArthur. Toronto Police will not be commenting or confirming any details that have been reported in the media. When investigators have an update, they will provide it

Broadcast at 519 has an individual speaking that is suggesting that TWO of the missing individuals were in Bruce Mcarthur's facebook friend list

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back