Angelina Jolie

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
michelle said:
Everyone knows that Jenn has said she wants children. That wasnt the issue here, it was that every interview she does she talks about the brangelina saga. I dont care if she has any kids or not thats her choice, imo.

Well, if your husband ever dumps you publically for another woman, you can handle it the way you choose, just like Jennifer can. And no, "everyone" doesn't seem to get it that she has said many times that she always wanted kids.

I don't totally disagree with the notion that it's time to move on but that's me. She had all of 2005 to win over sympathy and grieve, IMO 2006 should be about moving on and letting go. But again, that's me. Some people have to do it their own way. If she keeps it up, she may suffer a backlash and then those of you who don't like her can sit back and gloat. ;)

shopper said:
Well, if your husband ever dumps you publically for another woman, you can handle it the way you choose, just like Jennifer can. And no, "everyone" doesn't seem to get it that she has said many times that she always wanted kids.

I don't totally disagree with the notion that it's time to move on but that's me. She had all of 2005 to win over sympathy and grieve, IMO 2006 should be about moving on and letting go. But again, that's me. Some people have to do it their own way. If she keeps it up, she may suffer a backlash and then those of you who don't like her can sit back and gloat. ;)
Well I seriously doubt that my DH would ever dump me publically for another woman. And i would not talk about it in interviews if he did. I would want to keep that to myself. I am not sitting anywhere and going to "gloat". I think it sucks what happened to her but come on, quit talking about it already, thats my point!

michelle said:
Well I seriously doubt that my DH would ever dump me publically for another woman. And i would not talk about it in interviews if he did. I would want to keep that to myself. I am not sitting anywhere and going to "gloat". I think it sucks what happened to her but come on, quit talking about it already, thats my point!

Yes, I get your point, but you seemed to miss mine. Yeah, I know you aren't a famous person and if your husband ever dumped you for another woman, no one but your family/friends/acquaintences would know. It wouldn't be public fodder for over a year. So you would handle it differently, right? People wouldn't be speculating on what you did to deserve it, or how you were a self-centered narcissist b!tch. (I know you didn't call her that). IMO, she has the right to defend herself as long as she feels the need.

Like I said, I don't disagree that she should move on but I'm not in her shoes.

shopper said:
Yes, I get your point, but you seemed to miss mine. Yeah, I know you aren't a famous person and if your husband ever dumped you for another woman, no one but your family/friends/acquaintences would know. It wouldn't be public fodder for over a year. So you would handle it differently, right? People wouldn't be speculating on what you did to deserve it, or how you were a self-centered narcissist b!tch. (I know you didn't call her that). IMO, she has the right to defend herself as long as she feels the need.

Like I said, I don't disagree that she should move on but I'm not in her shoes.
I get your point also. But if she doesnt want to be anyones "victim" anymore then she needs to stop talking about it and get on with something different.

Cupcake said:
Perhaps that is because they can't deny she cheated with a married man and he is the married man who cheated?

All I'm saying is, I don't believe Jennifer deserves to be criticized because she has spoken honestly of the split when she has been asked about it. Or called a b*tch. Or even for people who don't know her to presume to know whether she agreed to have children or not.

Angelina and Brad get plenty of publicity their own way, too. Not a day goes by we don't see them making their way through airports with the kids, strolling around in Paris or talking of plans to adopt more kids.

In June, Jolie was on the cover of Vanty Fair and inside was a in-depth interview covering her bisexuality, marrriage w/ Billy Bob, wearing pendants with her and Billy Bob's dried blood inside, her self-cutting, her saying she had (at the time) two different lovers and that "I'll call a man up and ask him if he wants to be my lover." She also said she once wanted to be a vampire and once contemplated hiring someone to kill her...those are just some highlights! I still have the magazine.

Now she's adopted kids and has annointed herself some sort of ambassador overseas. What a saint.

I'll take "party girl" Jen any day. I do hope she stops giving interviews about Brad and Angie. I think she's just a really open person and felt as long as she was being hounded at least she'd have her say. She was cheated on in a very public way. I won't criticize her, not being able to imagine what that was like.

Eve

michelle said:
I get your point also. But if she doesnt want to be anyones "victim" anymore then she needs to stop talking about it and get on with something different.

I do agree with that.

eve said:
Angelina and Brad get plenty of publicity their own way, too. Not a day goes by we don't see them making their way through airports with the kids, strolling around in Paris or talking of plans to adopt more kids.

In June, Jolie was on the cover of Vanty Fair and inside was a in-depth interview covering her bisexuality, marrriage w/ Billy Bob, wearing pendants with her and Billy Bob's dried blood inside, her self-cutting, her saying she had (at the time) two different lovers and that "I'll call a man up and ask him if he wants to be my lover." She also said she once wanted to be a vampire and once contemplated hiring someone to kill her...those are just some highlights! I still have the magazine.

Now she's adopted kids and has annointed herself some sort of ambassador overseas. What a saint.

I'll take "party girl" Jen any day. I do hope she stops giving interviews about Brad and Angie. I think she's just a really open person and felt as long as she was being hounded at least she'd have her say. She was cheated on in a very public way. I won't criticize her, not being able to imagine what that was like.

Eve

I think Brad photo-ops with those kids every chance he gets. He used to look annoyed at having his photo taken, now he seems to relish in it. He and AJ don't seem to mind using the media either, to show what a happy family they are and how cute they all are. I guess since Jennifer is more obvious about it, she gets bashed for it but they don't.

Apparently Michael Douglas has offered his opinion on Brangelina this week, too.

"I don't know about Brad Pitt, leaving that beautiful wife (Aniston) to go hold orphans for Angelina," Douglas, 61, tells GQ magazine for its April issue, which hits newsstands March 21. "I mean, how long is that going to last?"

Pitt and ex-wife Jennifer Aniston divorced in October 2005. Since then, Pitt has adopted Jolie’s children, Maddox and Zahara, and is expecting a child with the bombshell actress this summer.

The one-time divorcee is most sagacious on the poisonous miasma of short-term marriages that has befallen CelebLand. "I mean, don't ask me what happened with Renee Zellweger," Douglas said.

"And Julia (Roberts) and Lyle.
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/gossip/14090534.htm

And referencing some of the things Angelina has done in her life, as per Eve's post above, Angelina may look gorgeous on the outside, but I think she is riddled with emotional problems that will eventually put her relationship with Brad on the skids. IMO, Angelina is unable to have a long-term commitment with anyone. I think one day Brad will find out what public humiliation is all about, when Angelina moves on to her next boy toy, and he's still legally entangled with her over adopted and natural children.

Floh said:
Hooray!

Jolie's Adopted Kids Can Take Pitt's Name

A judge granted a request Thursday by actress Angelina Jolie to change the names of her two adopted children to reflect that actor Brad Pitt intends to become their adoptive father.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/19/AR2006011901986.html

:clap:

Seems like a waste to me. If they aren't even married why would he adopt her kids? They haven't been together long enough to even know how deep their feelings for each other are. I hope BP understands that fatherhood is supposed to be a lifelong commitment. Marriages may fail for anyone but fatherhood isn't something you are supposed to just walk away from when it gets boring.

I predict that BP and AJ won't even be together a few years from now. I don't think either has any real capacity for a commitment. Top that with BP suddenly being daddy to 3 small kids and AJ wanting a dozen. IMO that is a recipe for failure. After AJ has a bunch of those kids she wants BP will get either bored or overwhelmed and start looking at younger women he co-stars and with and fall in love again. I wonder how AJ will take it when he is off acting in a movie with some sexy babe and she is stuck home preggers with the kids?

Poor kids are the ones who will suffer.... different daddy's that come and go.....but hey it's Hollywood...anything goes I guess.

eve said:

Eve

I'm with you there....

Wasn't AJ married to Billy Bob when she adopted Maddox. Isn't he supposed to be the daddy figure there? I mean Billy Bob has Maddox name tattooed on him with the names of his other sons.....or does she change daddy's for her kids with the latest whim?

I also read how she state she had not slept with Brad Pitt and she said she does not sleep with married men....yeah right... like I believe BP left his wife for AJ without having ever slept with her first...not likely.

HeartofTexas said:
Apparently Michael Douglas has offered his opinion on Brangelina this week, too.

And referencing some of the things Angelina has done in her life, as per Eve's post above, Angelina may look gorgeous on the outside, but I think she is riddled with emotional problems that will eventually put her relationship with Brad on the skids. IMO, Angelina is unable to have a long-term commitment with anyone. I think one day Brad will find out what public humiliation is all about, when Angelina moves on to her next boy toy, and he's still legally entangled with her over adopted and natural children.

Or girl toy according to the rags. LOL

Or girl toy according to the rags. LOL
LOL! And true. I based my statement on BP being her "boy toy" on her past actions with men (and women!). She drifts in and out of relationships like I drift in and out of sleep. Brad, OTOH, had a long relationship (years) with Jennifer and a long one with Gwyneth Paltrow (a couple of years?). He may have had others that I don't know about, but he does seem to at least stick with his relationships for a few years.

And personally, even if he is an accomplished actor and director, I think anyone who deems Billy Bob Thornton to be good marriage material, or a good role model as a father, has a few lose bricks themself.

eve said:

Eve
Geeze...he really picked a winner huh!?!? LOL

HeartofTexas said:

Oh yeah Texas....I think the same thing.

Maybe So said:
Seems like a waste to me. If they aren't even married why would he adopt her kids? They haven't been together long enough to even know how deep their feelings for each other are. I hope BP understands that fatherhood is supposed to be a lifelong commitment. Marriages may fail for anyone but fatherhood isn't something you are supposed to just walk away from when it gets boring.

I predict that BP and AJ won't even be together a few years from now. I don't think either has any real capacity for a commitment. Top that with BP suddenly being daddy to 3 small kids and AJ wanting a dozen. IMO that is a recipe for failure. After AJ has a bunch of those kids she wants BP will get either bored or overwhelmed and start looking at younger women he co-stars and with and fall in love again. I wonder how AJ will take it when he is off acting in a movie with some sexy babe and she is stuck home preggers with the kids?

Poor kids are the ones who will suffer.... different daddy's that come and go.....but hey it's Hollywood...anything goes I guess.

Interesting comments. I've gotta say I completely disagree wholeheartedly. I think her commitment to world poverty and adopting children proves where her heart is. I think that she's opened up a whole new world to Brad in that context that Jennifer never could. I think Jennifer seems like the most self-centered person ever. Jolie doesn't seem like the type of person to ever allow herself to be "stuck" anywhere. She takes the kids everywhere and she's got the means to have as much help as she needs to continue to do so regardless of what Brad is doing. The fact that they don't need to work while the other one does assures that they can, as a family, go where the work is. How many of us can provide that for our children?

Maybe So said:
I'm with you there....

Wasn't AJ married to Billy Bob when she adopted Maddox. Isn't he supposed to be the daddy figure there? I mean Billy Bob has Maddox name tattooed on him with the names of his other sons.....or does she change daddy's for her kids with the latest whim?

I also read how she state she had not slept with Brad Pitt and she said she does not sleep with married men....yeah right... like I believe BP left his wife for AJ without having ever slept with her first...not likely.
Yeah...she calls up other men asking for sex yet does not sleep with the one she dates? LOL...what a joke huh?!?!

Jeana (DP) said:
Interesting comments. I've gotta say I completely disagree wholeheartedly. I think her commitment to world poverty and adopting children proves where her heart is. I think that she's opened up a whole new world to Brad in that context that Jennifer never could. I think Jennifer seems like the most self-centered person ever. Jolie doesn't seem like the type of person to ever allow herself to be "stuck" anywhere. She takes the kids everywhere and she's got the means to have as much help as she needs to continue to do so regardless of what Brad is doing. The fact that they don't need to work while the other one does assures that they can, as a family, go where the work is. How many of us can provide that for our children?
Oh, I believe she is true to her work on world poverty. I have no doubt that she loves her kids dearly. I just don't think she will stick with Brad for very long. Also, her dedicated work to help with poverty doesn't make her a stable person. Her past and interview proves she has emotional issues. I do think she tries to be a good mother. Maybe they are the influence she needed to help her mature and become a stable person. I do hope so..for the sake of her children.

deandaniellws said:
Oh, I believe she is true to her work on world poverty. I have no doubt that she loves her kids dearly. I just don't think she will stick with Brad for very long. Also, her dedicated work to help with poverty doesn't make her a stable person. Her past and interview proves she has emotional issues. I do think she tries to be a good mother. Maybe they are the influence she needed to help her mature and become a stable person. I do hope so..for the sake of her children.

The divorce rate is over 50% and somehow daddies manage to see the kids. I think the most parents care too much for their own feelings and not enough about those of their kids as a general rule. Doesn't mean he'll be out of their lives though. I think he's got it in him to do that. He loves them and I think it says alot about him that he wants to make sure that he can remain in their lives regardless of whether or not the relationship lasts. How many boyfriends have been allowed into childrens' lives only to be shut out when mom breaks up with the dude? He's making sure, by adopting them, that it won't happen to them. They'll still have a relationship with him no matter what and I think that's wonderful. Kids are the ones who suffer when boyfriend/girlfriend relationships don't work because the parent wants to make them suffer. Maddox appears to love Brad and because Brad loved him back enough to adopt him, he's got a father - whether or not Angelina has Brad in her life. How is that bad?

Maybe So said:
I'm with you there....

Yes, AJ was married to Billy Bob when she adopted Maddox. I think I remember reading long ago that the main reason they broke up was that she didn't feel he made a good dad (and he supposedly has some major OCD-type hangups, which might have been an issue). So, perhaps being a mother has changed AJ in a way that will allow this relationship to last (i.e., she found a guy she does think is good dad material this time). However, I do have majorly mixed feelings about her. Yeah, she does do lots of great work in the world, and she obviously cares about kids, but there is something very conniving about her. For one thing, I don't like the fact that she has a pattern of taking men from their significant others. When she and Billy Bob got together, he was engaged to Laura Dern. Next thing you know, they've broken up and he's married to AJ. Now, she takes up with BP while he's married to JA. Does she ever take an interest in single men? And I also don't like the statement about not sleeping with BP until he got divorced. For one thing, I am not sure that I believe that, and regardless, I think it's a really tacky statement because going after someone's husband emotionally is just as bad as going after them sexually (in fact, it's worse because if all she was looking for was a lay then this wouldn't have been so devastating for JA). YUCK!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetsetj
Back