Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through some old articles I came across an extensive interview with JH from March 7:

“I last saw her at 7 o’clock in the morning on Monday before I left for work…when I came home from work she was gone. A friend of ours in the neighborhood saw her driving home in her vehicle around 2pm. We don’t really know what she was doing. We’re thinking the window is somewhere between 2:00pm and 3:30pm, but police are still trying to confirm all that kind of stuff,” Jennifer Hadsell said.

http://www.maceandcrown.com/2015/03/07/local-girl-missing-in-norfolk-odu-assists-in-search/

So as early as March 7 both WH and JH were vetting the neighbor's 2 pm sighting. BTW, I was mistaken in my earlier post when I said WH said the neighbor saw AJ leaving - what he actually said was the neighbor told police he saw AJ "pass by." All the different times and places has me totally kerflummoxed.

Kind of interesting was JH saying:

“Literally every department is working on it. I had called them yesterday about something and the [officer] transferred me somewhere and the guy who picked up the phone was from the freaking Homicide Department and set my heart out the window.”

I wish we knew what she was calling about. I also seem to remember WH saying something similar but frankly, it's too much trouble at this point to go looking for it.

There are too many conflicting reports and missing information to make sense out of anything. I was hoping we'd learn more today but it looks like we'll have to wait until May. :( I'm just gonna back off and read what everyone else has to say for now...
Thank you for this link. From the article, JH is quoted as saying basically everybody who 'they' know who talks to AJ has been at the house or helping out on Tuesday. Yet, the MP report doesn't mention WH seeing AJ at lunchtime on Monday. Could it be that they didn't want WH to be known as the last person to see AJ? Once the neighbor says they saw AJ after lunch, now it's safer to mention WH and the meeting with AJ. With his history, I can see why they wouldn't want him to be the last one to see her.

Looking through some old articles I came across an extensive interview with JH from March 7:

“I last saw her at 7 o’clock in the morning on Monday before I left for work…when I came home from work she was gone. A friend of ours in the neighborhood saw her driving home in her vehicle around 2pm. We don’t really know what she was doing. We’re thinking the window is somewhere between 2:00pm and 3:30pm, but police are still trying to confirm all that kind of stuff,” Jennifer Hadsell said.

http://www.maceandcrown.com/2015/03/07/local-girl-missing-in-norfolk-odu-assists-in-search/

So as early as March 7 both WH and JH were vetting the neighbor's 2 pm sighting. BTW, I was mistaken in my earlier post when I said WH said the neighbor saw AJ leaving - what he actually said was the neighbor told police he saw AJ "pass by." All the different times and places has me totally kerflummoxed.

“Literally every department is working on it. I had called them yesterday about something and the [officer] transferred me somewhere and the guy who picked up the phone was from the freaking Homicide Department and set my heart out the window.”

I wish we knew what she was calling about. I also seem to remember WH saying something similar but frankly, it's too much trouble at this point to go looking for it.

There are too many conflicting reports and missing information to make sense out of anything. I was hoping we'd learn more today but it looks like we'll have to wait until May. :( I'm just gonna back off and read what everyone else has to say for now...

Just coming out from lurking to say THANK YOU so much for the link! I don't recall EVER seeing this article before!!!!

I think WH said "I left the keys in the mailbox- just for the truck, the ignition key along with the door key" instead of "...only, not the door key"
jmo

Hope this is the right place to ask this... If the truck had 1 key for the ignition and the door... Who would best know this answer? It was WH truck, Right? Just making sure..

I read the transcripts from an interview... Here is what WH had to say about the truck and the keys...

"I left the keys in the mailbox- just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key"

JH and WH would be the best. Perhaps the older siblings of AJ as well. It seems like the keys had a regular place to be so it should stand out where the key was. If AJ was planning to use the truck all week she likely would have put the truck key right on her keychain as soon as she found it.

Maybe it is because I am disappointed in the non-specific answer (not in Bear of course, he went out of his way to get us the answer we have) but I find it odd that no one remembers where the key was. If you are trying to figure out what happened to her that key would be "key". Of course they could be vague because they believe the info is sensitive to the investigation.

In any case the fact that they had the key and it wasn't with AJ says a lot. Either she never had it or she was abducted in the house and somehow removed from the house without anyone noticing, IMO. ETA: I guess she could have been abducted by someone outside of the house, but it would have to have been someone who could have returned the key to the house. And we all know where that leads...

It is also possible that she took off walking, and left the truck truck key at home.

What I'd like to know is if anyone ever located her HOUSE keys. Because if she did leave on foot, she would certainly need those keys to get back into the house.

Great find MMarple. So we have the 2pm neighbour sighting confirmed by someone other than Wes. Hmm. This is something to think on.

Thatguybear said earlier the truck uses the same key for the door and the engine. So when he was talking about the key to the door he must have been referring to the door of the house, not the truck.

Thatguybear said earlier the truck uses the same key for the door and the engine. So when he was talking about the key to the door he must have been referring to the door of the house, not the truck.

I think you are right. And I think he was trying to make everyone believe he didn't have a key to the house so he couldn't get in and do whatever he did. JMO

I don't believe he had a key to the house he broke into either!! Lack of keys doesn't stop WH!

I wonder why JH felt the time window was between 2pm and 3.30pm. Neighbour felt he saw her pass by at 2, then the sister txt at 2.30ish when she arrived home from school. I wonder if AJ didn't reply to that text until 3.30pm and that's where the time window comes from.
Also, I wonder if the house door was locked when the sister arrived home at 2.25pm. Out of curiosity, what time do the schools finish in Virginia?

Some newer cars can only turn on with a manufactured key. A regular copy from Walmart does not work on certain ignitions. But they will work for the door. A manufacturer will charge $100 for a key as well.

So I'm sure Wes made sure that the key wouldn't go missing with her. Especially when he needed the truck to help stage evidence. Jmo

I wonder why JH felt the time window was between 2pm and 3.30pm. Neighbour felt he saw her pass by at 2, then the sister txt at 2.30ish when she arrived home from school. I wonder if AJ didn't reply to that text until 3.30pm and that's where the time window comes from.
Also, I wonder if the house door was locked when the sister arrived home at 2.25pm. Out of curiosity, what time do the schools finish in Virginia?

We used to live in VA and school times vary by county. Our county in Northern VA was on a reverse schedule - elementary got out around 2:35, middle and high school around 3:50. Some were the more traditional high school got out by 2:00. So we would need someone local to answer that.

Great find MMarple. So we have the 2pm neighbour sighting confirmed by someone other than Wes. Hmm. This is something to think on.

And notice what JH said right after that: "We don't really know what she was doing." Why did she add that somewhat unnecessary bit?

Still hoping they announce a POI or suspect soon, or better yet an arrest for AJs murder.

HS gets out at 2:05 in Norfolk. We have since added 10 minutes to the day to make up for snow days. I believe that went into effect after AJ went missing.

we actually have 4 stagger release
HS releases at 2:05
MS releases at 2:45
ES releases at 3:20
ES releases at 3:55

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM…:thinking:

WH:” He said a little after 2 o’clock he saw behind my red truck that was parked in my driveway a small white 4 door compact car. I understand that there is a person in the media right now, and I will mention her by name CINDY B, my brother has a white car. Yeah yeah, he does. My neighbor knows my brother’s white car, you know? My brother works. My brother was at work the whole day. I wanna clear the conspiracy theories, the b.s. involved in this. We have a serious situation here and I would appreciate people’s, ummmm, I would appreciate people’s help as far as helping push the police. Helping with the investigation, not hindering the investigation, not sidetracking the investigation.”
Seems WH likes hindering the investigation. (BBM) He also claims ownership of truck and home, saying my truck my driveway. Neighbor says he saw truck… not AJ. A lot of explaining regarding white car and brothers white car.

CH: Understood

Okay here WH really gets confusing… (BBM)

WH: “The neighbor did not see my daughter. No one has seen my daughter after 2 o’clock – she came to the house, whatever. No one saw anyone get in or out of this white car. He said it was there a little bit after 2, he said 2:03, he didn’t have the exact time but a few minutes after two is what he said on record. Understand this: Justice, my second oldest daughter, comes home from school. We know for a fact she was in the house at 2:25pm that day.

According to WH, AJ disappeared in a matter a couple of minutes, in broad daylight, minutes before Justice was to arrive home from school.

WH: Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red truck back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public - a minute or minute and a half-later he recognized a white small compact car following her. Did not know this. Bottom line is my neighbor reported at 2:03 [unintelligible] 2 o’clock– he smokes, he doesn’t smoke in the house, he smokes on the porch –
Okay so, WTH… what time is it according to WH is it 2:00 when she was seen last? He says no one saw anyone get in or out of the white car. He does not say neighbor saw AJ get out of the truck. The truck stayed in the driveway… where is AJ? Younger sister gets home around 2:25, AJ is not there, truck is. AJ’s purse is there, are the keys there at that time, or did they appear later? If so by who? If there is a set place for keys in the house, were they hanging there? Who turned the truck key over to LE, and from where did they obtain the truck key? AJ and her cell phone were missing.

Just coming out of lurking to say, we have a FordF150 and it only has 1 key for both the ignition and the door. HTH

ETA: Now that I think about it, both my sons have Fordf150s and they have 1 key also.

You pointed something out to me. For sure the truck only has one key , my hubby is a car nut.

So WH was talking about the house key, so WH was pointing out he still/or did not have a house key? why?

You pointed something out to me. For sure the truck only has one key , my hubby is a car nut.

So WH was talking about the house key, so WH was pointing out he still/or did not have a house key? why?

Jumping off my own post.

So WH is stating clearly he maybe could NOT get into the house? because he knows what went on or is directing everything away from himself to point everyone in another direction.

My head is going to explode.....

IMO because he went in the house,but, wanted people to believe that he didn't.

Maybe the keys he left in the mailbox were actually AJ's keys. Truck and House.

ETA: and he put them in the mailbox after he went into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela