Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its a question of creativity. As a graphic artist and web designer, I'm pretty sure I have that trait in spades.

What people are asking us to do is throw away our common sense, intuition, and known facts in this case, to look at other suspects....because they cant or wont see WH's guilt.

I see no reason to handicap myself this way just to make them happy and will point out that so far every "finger" Ive seen, including that of his sister, points firmly at WH.

It's a strange situation right now because there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that all points directly at WH (including every single thing he's said or done since the disappearance) and no one else, but of what is known publicly, it's all still circumstantial.

On the other hand, without a single piece of direct forensic evidence (in the public), what is out there now is not nearly enough to convict him (in connection with the death anyway, he's still on the hook for the stuff he was already arrested for), so that leaves the door open that maybe it wasn't him.

But when you actually open the door and look for someone else who looks like a viable suspect, it's nearly impossible to find anyone, so you're back to one guy with a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him and no one else with anything.

One thing that sticks out to me is that there IS forensic evidence in this case. It's only known to LE, though, and not publicly. LE has been acting as if WH has been the focus of their investigation from the start, and it's only intensified with arresting him for ancillary charges, questioning witnesses at the search sites about his vehicles, and bringing in speech analysts to look at his interviews. If the people who DO have the forensic evidence are focusing on him alone, that could be a clue that the forensic evidence also points to him, but that's only a supposition.

Frankly, my opinion is that there's no chance he doesn't know what actually happened. In addition, I find it highly likely that he is directly involved in the disposal and coverup. What I'm not certain of is what happened and whether there is even a murder. We need the tox report and ME report to determine COD and MOD. I have not been able to rule out scenarios where AJ and mom get into a fight and AJ calls WH and goes over to party with him in his hotel room. Partying out of anger often leads to excess, and I still cannot rule out accidental OD or even some natural death (heart failure or something) while partying with WH. With his past & mindset as a convicted felon and his involvement with cocaine (even possible distribution), he may think he can't just call 911 and have an ambulance get her from his cocaine and firearms laden hotel room that may be a local drug distribution point, especially if she is not breathing and possibly in his mind already dead. I know that sounds callous, but this is a criminal mindset we're dealing with.

I don't think that this is a likely scenario, but it is plausible enough that I have enough uncertainty about what happened to say for sure it is a murder. I think it's more likely he did actually snap and kill her, too, (IMO only of course) but that's what we're waiting for the forensic evidence to back up or refute. Again, I do not see even close to enough direct evidence to convict him on that yet.

As for anyone else's involvement, I haven't seen enough to say that I think there is definitely anyone else involved (let alone who it is). It wouldn't shock me if someone else was involved in the coverup, although, again, I don't really know who that might be. At this point, while nothing can be ruled out 100% I guess, I do NOT believe that JH is involved in this in any way, other than poor judgment in marrying a violent felon while raising three young daughters, but that's not a crime, either, just a mistake in judgment for which she's already paid far too heavy a price.

I also believe this whole adoption/name change discussion is a red herring. If there is a sexual motive (another thing that I haven't seen nearly enough evidence to say I believe that), WH wouldn't need to adopt AJ to have access to her. It seems like a lot of the motivation is to defend Zach as her "real" dad and discount the possibility that AJ actually wanted to take WH's last name. This is a dangerous and slippery slope for us to take. We really don't know anything about that, and as I've said before, the divorce/custody situation between Zach and JH has been ongoing for a long time and is clearly very contentious, and we only have one side's biased perspective. I know people here love Zach, and he is clearly a genuine person who wears his emotions on his sleeve and has been a valuable asset to this community, but we really shouldn't be projecting our feelings about him onto this custody/adoption situation. I don't find it unreasonable at all that AJ might have actually decided herself that she wanted to change her name. And I don't think that is relevant at all to the case either way.

How did Wes get his key back that he left in the mailbox?
If AJ had the truck then she had the key. He was supposedly letting her use the truck to run errands the next day.

Yes, PointDexter that is a very pointed :bullseye:question, and one that any inquiring mind would want answered. If AJ did drive the truck out of the neighborhood that day, the key would have ended up in her jacket pocket. [You know ... the jacket that, according to WH: "somebody" saw her wearing that day AJ was last seen (Mon., 03/02/2015).]

My reasoning: it has been said that, rather than using a purse when she went out, AJ usually carried her phone in a black case that had a pocket for money, debit/credit card, school ID, DRIVER's LICENSE, (btw: was her D/L found? We know the "CC" was. Surely she would have had her D/L in her cell phone case too.)

Coincidentally, on Fri., 03/06/2015, in the course of a routine B&E -- by none other than (alias: "Sherlock :eye: Holmes") -- that same jacket was found rolled up, behind a sofa cushion.

If AJ was a passenger in the red truck, not the driver, she would have been waving to "Wavy Kid" on the way out of the neighborhood that day. Remember WH's remark from the interview: "He saw her ... er, uhhh, ... she saw him ... [thinks to self: "uhh-oooh, that sounds worse!!!" -- looks off to left] ... they saw each other."

Although the neighbor has stated that he saw AJ returning to the neighborhood, "driving with purpose", in the red truck, with white car following, eyewitness accounts are not always reliable. If it was not AJ, then she would not have been the last one with the truck key.

[And another question: As you are leaving AJ's neighborhood, on which side of the street was the house where "Wavy Kid" lived? -- I'm guessing on the right-hand side (opposite side from AJ's house.)]

I am not finding every finger pointing to WH, zapped, but I appreciate your honesty. I think there are more suspects right now or WH would be charged. He may ultimately be charged, but I am still sitting back and waiting.

In the interim, there seems to be an incredible lack of appetite for exploring other avenues and I know when I am beaten. :) I will sit back and wait for more information and follow the threads.

I am with you on that one...seems to be a lost cause. JMO IMO MOO

Just sayin' & :thinking: that's a good idea....

It's a strange situation right now because there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that all points directly at WH (including every single thing he's said or done since the disappearance) and no one else, but of what is known publicly, it's all still circumstantial.

On the other hand, without a single piece of direct forensic evidence (in the public), what is out there now is not nearly enough to convict him (in connection with the death anyway, he's still on the hook for the stuff he was already arrested for), so that leaves the door open that maybe it wasn't him.

But when you actually open the door and look for someone else who looks like a viable suspect, it's nearly impossible to find anyone, so you're back to one guy with a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him and no one else with anything.

One thing that sticks out to me is that there IS forensic evidence in this case. It's only known to LE, though, and not publicly. LE has been acting as if WH has been the focus of their investigation from the start, and it's only intensified with arresting him for ancillary charges, questioning witnesses at the search sites about his vehicles, and bringing in speech analysts to look at his interviews. If the people who DO have the forensic evidence are focusing on him alone, that could be a clue that the forensic evidence also points to him, but that's only a supposition.

Frankly, my opinion is that there's no chance he doesn't know what actually happened. In addition, I find it highly likely that he is directly involved in the disposal and coverup. What I'm not certain of is what happened and whether there is even a murder. We need the tox report and ME report to determine COD and MOD. I have not been able to rule out scenarios where AJ and mom get into a fight and AJ calls WH and goes over to party with him in his hotel room. Partying out of anger often leads to excess, and I still cannot rule out accidental OD or even some natural death (heart failure or something) while partying with WH. With his past & mindset as a convicted felon and his involvement with cocaine (even possible distribution), he may think he can't just call 911 and have an ambulance get her from his cocaine and firearms laden hotel room that may be a local drug distribution point, especially if she is not breathing and possibly in his mind already dead. I know that sounds callous, but this is a criminal mindset we're dealing with.

I don't think that this is a likely scenario, but it is plausible enough that I have enough uncertainty about what happened to say for sure it is a murder. I think it's more likely he did actually snap and kill her, too, (IMO only of course) but that's what we're waiting for the forensic evidence to back up or refute. Again, I do not see even close to enough direct evidence to convict him on that yet.

As for anyone else's involvement, I haven't seen enough to say that I think there is definitely anyone else involved (let alone who it is). It wouldn't shock me if someone else was involved in the coverup, although, again, I don't really know who that might be. At this point, while nothing can be ruled out 100% I guess, I do NOT believe that JH is involved in this in any way, other than poor judgment in marrying a violent felon while raising three young daughters, but that's not a crime, either, just a mistake in judgment for which she's already paid far too heavy a price.

I also believe this whole adoption/name change discussion is a red herring. If there is a sexual motive (another thing that I haven't seen nearly enough evidence to say I believe that), WH wouldn't need to adopt AJ to have access to her. It seems like a lot of the motivation is to defend Zach as her "real" dad and discount the possibility that AJ actually wanted to take WH's last name. This is a dangerous and slippery slope for us to take. We really don't know anything about that, and as I've said before, the divorce/custody situation between Zach and JH has been ongoing for a long time and is clearly very contentious, and we only have one side's biased perspective. I know people here love Zach, and he is clearly a genuine person who wears his emotions on his sleeve and has been a valuable asset to this community, but we really shouldn't be projecting our feelings about him onto this custody/adoption situation. I don't find it unreasonable at all that AJ might have actually decided herself that she wanted to change her name. And I don't think that is relevant at all to the case either way.

Well said! Bouncing off your post:

Technically, we don't know anything about the MP report other than it was JH who filed it. I wish we knew more – that would clear up a lot of questions about the alleged lunch time meeting.

IIRC, according to Zach and Brenchen JH contacted them to ask if they had seen AJ so it stands to reason that she did the same with WH. We don't know if he accompanied JH to the police station to file the report (or if she just called it in) and we don't know if he told JH about the meeting. If he didn't then she wouldn't know to give that information to the police. If she did know then either she had a reason to not believe him or else she was reluctant to tell the police for some reason.

I'm inclined to believe she didn't know since AJ's disappearance was a serious matter – but we can't know for sure. There's also a small possibility that they did tell the police about the meeting but LE went with the morning because there were multiple witnesses.

And this is just a guess, but if say, something like a missing gun or ammo was reported at that time it would cause the police to be concerned about AJ's safety and they would probably do some background checks immediately. If they did then WH's history was known to LE from the start. That would have been a huge red flag.

If WH withheld his info then either he made it up or he didn't disclose it in order to protect himself. Either way it's a strong indication that his main concern was about himself and not AJ. That goes against all his blubbering about how much he cared for and loved AJ. That in turn negates his assertion that he committed the crimes he's sitting in jail for in order to bring evidence “to light.”

It doesn't make him guilty of murdering AJ but it sure doesn't make him the loving father that he's trying so hard to convince everyone he is. IMO the truth about the meeting is key to this crime and I have no doubt that LE is holding it.

It's on the media thread.

Oooh...good time for a friendly reminder! Everyone, please keep up with posting news links in the media thread. This is the first thread people new to the case hit for a quick case overview. :tyou:

Technically, we don't know anything about the MP report other than it was JH who filed it. I wish we knew more – that would clear up a lot of questions about the alleged lunch time meeting.

IIRC, according to Zach and Brenchen JH contacted them to ask if they had seen AJ so it stands to reason that she did the same with WH. We don't know if he accompanied JH to the police station to file the report (or if she just called it in) and we don't know if he told JH about the meeting. If he didn't then she wouldn't know to give that information to the police. If she did know then either she had a reason to not believe him or else she was reluctant to tell the police for some reason.

It's interesting that you mentioned this because according to Zach, JH didn't contact him to find out if he had seen AJ. She contacted him to tell him the girls might be upset and the reason why was because AJ was missing. Weird no one called Zach to ask if he had seen AJ or heard from her. Almost like they were sure he hadn't.. JMO

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-12/page26

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Zach Zach............what do you think prompted JH to let you know-to give the alarm so to speak? And did you have to talk to WH that night?
She told me because I picked the girls up from her that afternoon and she wanted me to know why they might be upset. I didn't talk to him that night. Last time prior to that was about a week before she went missing. Maybe 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe installing a go-pro in her mom's bedroom?? Or her little sisters? I think when he went on and on about the go-pro and the "hours" of internet searches he was making sure he could explain that... He knew LE would find it on the computer so he needed to get that out there. JMO

Here's the thing!

Did WH know she was home?

Did he go in the home to get something and was surprised by AJ.
Did she catch him snorting his coke?
Did she grab it and flush it down the toilet?
Don't u think that would make him mad enough to kill her ?

See I think she caught him doing something.

Unless maybe they saw her earlier drive out in the truck so "assumed" it was her driving it back?? JMO

Not sure why someone would assume it was AJ driving. Apparently this person knew AJ, and would have known she was away at college, so to say they assumed it was her would be a stretch.

Glad to see you here. I went for a walk today. It opened my eyes to something you said.. New look on things today

:floorlaugh: That's Princess Puddlebutt. Her sisters, Lily Of The Valet, Parker Rycheer, and Lo Ding Zone, are camera shy.

I'm inclined to believe she didn't know since AJ's disappearance was a serious matter – but we can't know for sure. There's also a small possibility that they did tell the police about the meeting but LE went with the morning because there were multiple witnesses.

And this is just a guess, but if say, something like a missing gun or ammo was reported at that time it would cause the police to be concerned about AJ's safety and they would probably do some background checks immediately. If they did then WH's history was known to LE from the start. That would have been a huge red flag.

If WH withheld his info then either he made it up or he didn't disclose it in order to protect himself. Either way it's a strong indication that his main concern was about himself and not AJ. That goes against all his blubbering about how much he cared for and loved AJ. That in turn negates his assertion that he committed the crimes he's sitting in jail for in order to bring evidence “to light.”

It doesn't make him guilty of murdering AJ but it sure doesn't make him the loving father that he's trying so hard to convince everyone he is. IMO the truth about the meeting is key to this crime and I have no doubt that LE is holding it.

You really do have to wonder about the lack of disclosure from WH about that gas station meeting when he knew full well JH was filing a MPR. Honestly, I don't believe it ever happened but the point is, WH knew she was filing the report. I don't know if he was sitting right there or not but at some point the responding officer filling it out had to have said "and what was the last time she was seen?" JH says 7:30am, before she left for work.

Then on Nancy Grace and it's "we" last saw her on Monday, March 2nd, still no mention of this lunch time meeting. For several days it was said in the media that "we" last saw her that morning - meaning both WH AND JH (we didn't even know he wasn't there, at the time) And then, how many days later was it we learned of the alleged gas station meeting? I tried searching for it but the search thread tool isn't working very well.

It's interesting that you mentioned this because according to Zach, JH didn't contact him to find out if he had seen AJ. She contacted him to tell him the girls might be upset and the reason why was because AJ was missing. Weird no one called Zach to ask if he had seen AJ or heard from her. Almost like they were sure he hadn't.. JMO

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uot-Hadsell-18-Norfolk-3-March-2015-12/page26

Zach Zach............what do you think prompted JH to let you know-to give the alarm so to speak? And did you have to talk to WH that night?
She told me because I picked the girls up from her that afternoon and she wanted me to know why they might be upset. I didn't talk to him that night. Last time prior to that was about a week before she went missing. Maybe 2

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So JH didn't ask Zach if he'd seen AJ but she did tell him AJ was missing. I can't tell if he was referring to the afternoon prior to JH filing the report or the afternoon after. Hmm. I suppose it isn't odd since Zach and AJ didn't have a close relationship anymore. I do recall Brenchen mentioning JH contacting Mel as she thought AJ might have headed to them in Florida.

And didn't JH/WH send word out on SM to AJ's friends asking if anyone had seen her? I remember seeingl someone offering $500 for info on her whereabouts but I'd have to go back to Twitter to see the date and time of those tweets.

I respect the perspective of those who dont believe the adoption has any relationship to AJ's disappearance. I have seen a tremendous amount of speculation as to WH motive and JH has been accused of all kinds of things in association with AJ's disappearance. I dont see how you can separate family dynamics from the disappearance then. It seems to me like many people believe that WH's motivation for adoption might have something to do with obsession or access. I am not sure how we toss it aside. I guess it just depends on how long you believe the timeline is regarding AJ's disappearance. If WH is a suspect, then the timeline is pretty long.

I guess I am not sure what the point is of discussion if only one perspective is permitted.

Just jumping off your post here, Believe, not directed at you.

Speaking only for myself, I welcome everyones perspectives and ideas. The only thing that bothers me is when I hear people make assumptions, or worse, presumptions, about what AJ herself felt about any of her family members. To say something like, "Wes wasn't dad to her, he was just Wes." or " She wanted nothing to do with Zach." or "She didn't give a flip about her biological father!"...that's the kind of thing that makes me furious. It robs AJ of her voice. She's already been robbed of her life, her future, her hopes and her dreams. I just can't sit back quietly and watch her be robbed of her voice too. I just can't. And I'm not going to.

JMO

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So JH didn't ask Zach if he'd seen AJ but she did tell him AJ was missing. I can't tell if he was referring to the afternoon prior to JH filing the report or the afternoon after. Hmm. I suppose it isn't odd since Zach and AJ didn't have a close relationship anymore. I do recall Brenchen mentioning JH contacting Mel as she thought AJ might have headed to them in Florida.

And didn't JH/WH send word out on SM to AJ's friends asking if anyone had seen her? I remember seeingl someone offering $500 for info on her whereabouts but I'd have to go back to Twitter to see the date and time of those tweets.

The tweet was on 3/3.

Maybe installing a go-pro in her mom's bedroom?? Or her little sisters? I think when he went on and on about the go-pro and the "hours" of internet searches he was making sure he could explain that... He knew LE would find it on the computer so he needed to get that out there. JMO

Seems unlikely. My bet is that if the gopro is involved at all then it was a way for him to lure her to meet up with him. IE I have or know someone we can meet who has a new gopro for cheap. Let's drive over together or let's meet at the gas station or whatever. JMO

To all the people who think AJ wanted Wes to adopt her.

Maybe you should look at her expression in a picture that he took with her a couple of months after he got out of Victorville jail while only knowing her for a month or 2.

Her expression was shell shocked in that pic.

I didn't see that picture, but wait, Victorville jail?
He was in Prison for the bank robbery and got out about 5yrs ago? Why did he return to jail in VV?

Maybe we should make a timeline of what we know about Wes too!

But JH DID call AJ's biological father in Florida, to see if he had heard from her. (According to Brenchen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member