Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was she a homebody?
Didn't she have any friends?

I understand spending time with siblings but at 18 home from college on break you go meet your friends from HS.
right?

Im thinking there is a lot we don't know about AJ Hadsell and her family dynamic!

The contacting the bio dad, does seem odd. Especially when there had not been a relationship between AJ and her bio dad.

We heard how bio dad wanted to be in AJ's life, I'm sure if AJ had contacted him that she wanted to come for spring break, he would have done anything to have her come visit.

Not contacting Zach, I'm not sure what to make of that. It could be that JH knew that AJ didn't want anything to do with Zach, for whatever AJ's reason for that we really don't know. Or it could just be that JH is a control freak, like someone else said didn't want anyone local being involved.

I believe in the investigators, I think that they have AJ's cell records, they know where her phone was until the battery died. I think if they didn't have a good suspect in their sights then they would still be asking for the public to come forward as to any sightings of AJ,

I do think that the family dynamics are going to play into AJ's death.

I reckon they didn't call ZH right away because he would have did what they didn't and search and report. I also reckon ZH never got the full story and still hasn't till this day. JMO

I am far behind but just based on the lack of pleading with the public I think the police knew early on that foul play had been involved. JMO.

I agree. I watched WH's jailhouse interview lately and he just told everything about how the police talked to him for 15 hours (or whatever it really was). He said he "shut down" when they started asking questions he couldn't answer - or more likely, wouldn't. You are right, LE has not asked for the public's help in sighting this or that car, call with information. I think they know and are working hard to get the COD, manner of death, all the facts lined up.

I think they were trying to deflect attention away from themselves and to point LE in the furthest place possible. Nothing to see her, folks, look in Florida. Yeah, Florida, that's the ticket.

Bringing the statute info forward re: waiting period

There is no waiting period.

§ 15.2-1718. Receipt of missing child reports.

No police or sheriff's department shall establish or maintain any policy which requires the observance of any waiting period before accepting a missing child report as defined in § 52-32. Upon receipt of a missing child report by any police or sheriff's department, the department shall immediately, but in all cases within two hours of receiving the report, enter identifying and descriptive data about the child into the Virginia Criminal Information Network and the National Crime Information Center Systems, forward the report to the Missing Children Information Clearinghouse within the Department of State Police, notify all other law-enforcement agencies in the area, and initiate an investigation of the case.

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/leg...+cod+15.2-1718

Suzanne's Law

Suzanne’s laws is a federal law concerning missing persons signed into law by President Bush as part of the national "Amber Alert". It provides that there shall be no waiting period before a law enforcement agency initiates an investigation of a missing person under the age of twenty one and reports the missing person to the National Crime Information Center of the Department of Justice. To do so, it amends Section 3701 (a) of the Crime Control Act of 1990. It requires local authorities to notify the National Crime Information Center immediately if someone between the ages of 18 and 21 goes missing.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/suzannes-law/

The contacting the bio dad, does seem odd. Especially when there had not been a relationship between AJ and her bio dad.

How long was the delay between the call to bio dad and the call to NPD to report her missing? Sorry if this is outlined somewhere above, but to me it is very telling if there is a delay.
As a mom, my VERY last call (I would have called NPD before him) would be to bio-dad for 3 reasons. 1-informing him of crap going on within the home and re-enforcing his want for her to be involved with him so he could protect her; 2-if AJ showed up at his house out of the blue, don't you think he would have called JH to tell her that AJ showed up on his doorstep; 3-causing him worry when they knew full and well there was nothing (physically at least) he could do to help find her, but that he would probably start doing whatever he could from that location.

I think they didn't tell Zach because they knew he would do exactly what he did and go out looking for her on his own. I'm willing to bet they waited until he picked up his girls thinking he wouldn't go looking for her while his daughters were with him. IMOO

I can't help but think they dreaded calling Zach so just waited to tell him when he came to pick up the girls, because (1) they knew he would take action, get in their business and (2) I don't think he knew there was an adult male living in the house with his little girls. I am proud of him for doing what he has done and is still doing. Game Over!

Well let's see now...

You last see your kid at 7am before work.
That afternoon your other kid gets a text from her stating "with friends".
She doesn't come home that night.
More texts come in the following morning, and you're not convinced it's her. (It's now been nearly 24 hours since you last saw her).
None of the friends you know, have stated they've seen her, either the previous evening or that next day, despite the text to sister.
ALL of this is supposedly out of character for her, because she just doesn't do stuff like this.

Yep, if that were me, I'd wait until 9:15 that second night before I called 911. NOT.

If that were me, I'd insist "which friends?" and expect to hear exactly when she planned on being home. If I got a text from her phone the next morning I'd insist on knowing where she was. If she didn't tell me, and I had some legit reason to believe it might not even be her, I'd be on the phone to 911 that moment. And what's more, I'd TELL her (or whoever was using her phone to text me) I'm calling the police if she doesn't tell me where she is and who she's with.

But again, that's just me. Because, you know, parenting 101 and all that.

No argument there, Mom. I'm just saying, there could be any number of reasons why someone would put off calling LE...not saying they are normal reasons, or good reasons, just that there may be reasons.

Hey luckyseven, if your reading here just wanted you to know we miss you!!! :)

ZH response to another member who brought this ^^ quote over on April 7,

BBM, what evidence? This was few days prior to AJ remains being located.

LE seemed to think AJ was gone pretty early on, and in the opinion of WH, LE was not keeping the family posted with what was going on in the investigation (I will never be able to process his "We don't get notified. So why should I share with the police department something that they, in turn, won't share with me?". Who holds out on LE when their daughter is missing? You're spilling marbles all over the floor, Wes!)

I digress. I think LE has some solid evidence that we are oblivious to. Evidence that led them to believe that a) AJ was dead, and b) Someone in the family was involved. I cannot think of any other reason for why they wouldn't keep the family up to speed on the investigation, and why they wouldn't be more vocal publicly about trying to find her. What we knew early on was not nearly enough to think she was dead. There has to be more.

Huh. I wonder if LE's silence towards the family may have prompted someone to start bugging WH to DO SOMETHING. If perhaps he wouldn't have gone all Encyclopedia Brown if someone who wasn't getting updated by LE and knew nothing was pressuring him to take action.

And I'm back to spinning in circles. Two posts. lol. I'll be in the corner, dizzy as heck if ya'll need me.

I
I think they were grasping at straws and thought it was a possibility. Perhaps she had been asking questions about him or wanted to try to resume a relationship prior to her going missing. It's not all that uncommon for a young adult to do. I speak from experience on this issue.

What would make her make the leap then? Why? A fight. Cessation of monetary support. Not sure, just odd after AJ said she wanted the new last name. But, contact with bio dad might make someone very angry and betrayed!

What would make her make the leap then? Why? A fight. Cessation of monetary support. Not sure, just odd after AJ said she wanted the new last name. But, contact with bio dad might make someone very angry and betrayed!
It doesn't have to be any of the above. Just wanting to have a relationship with a bio parent. It's really not that odd. Also, happens to people that have been adopted. When they reach adulthood,they may want to search for their bio parents. I didn't see my father for 17 years. He sent child support,but that was it. When I had my son, I decided to reach out. We had a relationship after that until he passed away last May. He was very regretful for not maintain contact with my sister and I. But it's a moot point here. Because we know that AJ didn't contact him.

I'm Back with a link, (didn't take a month after all),

snip>On March 2, the day she disappeared, Langer says AJ’s mother reached out through Facebook, asking if he’d heard from AJ. However, Langer says they hadn’t talked since last year.
http://wtkr.com/2015/04/13/aj-hadsells-biological-father-i-just-regret-not-being-part-of-her-life/

So as I was trying to point out earlier, there was NO phone call to Bio Dad, it was a facebook message!:facepalm:

But she reached out to him. She didn't reach out to ZH.
Clearly, JH thought there was a possibility that AJ may have contacted bio dad, but not Zach.

It doesn't have to be any of the above. Just wanting to have a relationship with a bio parent. It's really not that odd. Also, happens to people that have been adopted. When they reach adulthood,they may want to search for their bio parents. I didn't see my father for 17 years. He sent child support,but that was it. When I had my son, I decided to reach out. We had a relationship after that until he passed away last May. He was very regretful for not maintain contact with my sister and I. But it's a moot point here. Because we know that AJ didn't contact him.

Great points. And, I struggle with JH thinking that she would reach out at the same time she disappeared. AJ might have wanted to reach out and maybe she did tell her mother. It just sits funny with me.

Clearly, JH thought there was a possibility that AJ may have contacted bio dad, but not Zach.

Agreed! And to add to my point, (IMVHO) neither Bio-dad nor ZH were told in a very considerate manner.

OR she knew AJ would do neither, but thought it would look suspicious if she didn't reach out to him and pretend to be worried....maybe

OR she knew AJ would do neither, but thought it would look suspicious if she didn't reach out to him and pretend to be worried....maybe

I think this may be closer to the truth than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18