Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Brody have a middle name does anybody know it may help to know in this numerology thing I am looking into I know it sounds corny but sometimes you have to try to see what the other person thought was reality if that makes sense.

oh and thanx Joe it was long but very interesting to see everybody's different perspectives. I will try to help the best I can.
mel36 said:
Did Brody have a middle name does anybody know it may help to know in this numerology thing I am looking into I know it sounds corny but sometimes you have to try to see what the other person thought was reality if that makes sense.

I was thinking on the same lines as that but I was thinking on the names of the people that lived there at that time then doing a cross reference with a pedo check now to see if they would have been placed on a sexual pred list or maybe have served time for such an offense in the past annasmom said that the police did not question the nieghbors so I doubt they did anything else as far as any criminal history checks with no names it would be impossible. we need the names of those people that lived in that area. if they moved shortly after anna's dissapearence then we can go from there.
PonderingThings said:
Has anyone obtained a list of CURRENT sexual predators in the area?

Although, if there was a predator living in the area at the time, they could have moved - perhaps there is a name that is recognised by the family?

mel36 said:
Mel I've done some preliminary analysis, using various numerology methods and have reported on this thread. Please look for my user name on Pages 11-12 and 14.

Also the various name combinations are discussed on these pages.

If you can find a method that matches that would be great!

HeartofTexas said:
Annasmom, did you see my post on the previous page re the similar incident in Montana? I realize that's a number of states away, but I wish there was a way to determine if someone who previously lived in your neighborhood (as per your notes 6 mos. after Anna's disappearance) might have later moved to Montana. While it's quite possible these two cases are total coincidences, the similarity and modus operandi are so similar as to make them almost copycat crimes.
Heart of Texas: I have thought and thought, and I don't get a Montana connection. Most of the ranchers and residents in the area had lived there a long time (some still live there.) However, a couple of things did occur to me, and I credit this with the great energy the forum has directed my way, not to mention the hugs and a kiss! When we first moved to the ranch, it was in probate and we paid rent to Bank of America. Someone believed to be the son of the former owner, a fellow maybe in late teens or early twenties, rather odd, hung around at times. This is such a vague memory that I can't specify any further. A family owned the redwoods to the east of the farm which now is parkland, and their holdings were logged, which may have contributed to the flooding of the creek in January, 1973. I believe the family's name was Wickett. Then shortly before Anna disappeared, a lawyer named Lindsay Mickles bought the property (which now is owned by Tracy Chapman.) Mickles never once expressed any sympathy over or interest in Anna's disappearance; in fact, he raised our rent and said Joe had to remove his tools from one shed. Chapman has never responded to letters which asked her to keep a look-out for anything unusual along the creek bed. I mention the young man, the loggers, and Mickles mainly because they were never considered people of interest in the case, and they could have come and gone along the road or maybe even on the ranch without raising any suspicion.

mel36 said:
Hi, I have been reading all the threads since last night and I was wondering about the teacher and the bus driver as well. has anybody ever had a chance to ask questions about the kindergarden class and the names of the children in that class or possibly the names of siblings or mothers the reason I am saying that is because annasmom said that anna made a statement one day that she wanted to change her name to brandy, I think thats what I read, and for that time period I don't know if that was really a very popular name so even if it wasn't something that anybody would think was signifigant then it could very well have been and maybe the teacher and or bus driver could shed some light on that gold/green car, or anybody that may have been hanging around the school yard stuff like that. Also what was the distance between the school and your home annasmom and how long did it take for the bus to usually get there and was it on time that day or late...any of these things could mean something. and I am gonna take a look at this "numerology" thing I don't know much about it but I want to find out what that guys obsession was with the birthdays between him and anna maybe it means something I don't know how long it will take me but I will try to help the best I can.
Mel, it is my understanding that one kindergarten classmate, the kindergarten teachers, and the bus driver have tried to join the forum and were not able to, for whatever reason. They might be able to answer some of these questions. The school bus (which was on time) carried children of all ages to the canyons south of Half Moon Bay, so Anna could have heard conversations about "Brandy" or "Brandi" on the bus. I would guess that from the school to our house via Higgins Canyon Road, the long way around, might take about forty minutes, especially if there were dirt slides (which there were) the driver had to go around.

Could this be the Brandy connection? There was a band called "Looking Glass" which had released a song called Brandy (your a fine girl) before, but included it on their early 1972 album and it became a hit. It peaked as the number one single in August of 1972.
Band reference: http://www.superseventies.com/1972_9singles.html

Lyrics to the song: http://users.cis.net/sammy/brandy.htm

Although I'm older than Anna, I remember this song was sung on the bus from time to time....

I've never posted this before because I didn't think it had any significance other than a tragic coincidence, but another child from Anna's kindergarten class, named Michelle Gillespie, also went missing briefly in 1973, but her body was found; she apparently drowned in a puddle in the road near her house. This was never regarded as anything but an accident by either her family or Law Enforcement, but I mention it FYI. Another thing that I had forgotten was that whereas a month and even two weeks earlier, the residents at the farm included a family with three children and two noisy dogs, the Pretty Neighbor and our family of five with a puppy who was anything but a watch dog, the family with the loud dogs had moved one week before Anna disappeared. Once our morning visitors had left Jan. 16, only Joe, the Pretty Neighbor, the carpenter, and I were there.

The son of the former owner hanging around kinda strikes a chord with me. Was he visiting someone? Did he have some business there? Is he still around or when did he quit hanging around? Did he get involved in the search efforts? Do you know where he is and what he is doing now? Was he resentful of the farm being sold?

You know, I never even knew this boy's name or what his connection was, and now we live 14 miles away with no access to the ranch. I am just remembering old gossip, that there was something odd about this fellow. I don't even know if I actually saw him. And we were so naive; we never suspected anybody. It might be helpful if I could find out who owned the property between Pimentel, the earliest known owner, and Lindsay Mickles. I'll try to think if there's a way to do that.

PonderingThings said:
Could this be the Brandy connection? There was a band called "Looking Glass" which had released a song called Brandy (your a fine girl) before, but included it on their early 1972 album and it became a hit. It peaked as the number one single in August of 1972.
Band reference: http://www.superseventies.com/1972_9singles.html

Lyrics to the song: http://users.cis.net/sammy/brandy.htm

Although I'm older than Anna, I remember this song was sung on the bus from time to time....
Pondering, you're too much! I'm sure this is where she must have heard it. Light casting out yet another shadow, a small shadow, but one which was there nonetheless.

Here is a good question that I haven't seen addressed, how many cars were in front of your residence at the time of Anna's abduction? You were not suppose to be home, Joe. Was your car outside, or did you park in a covered area, not visible? Your young friend must have come in a car. Why would a stranger risk taking her with cars there that were not usually home? Why not just come back on a day that Anna's mom was there by herself?
I am quoting myself from post 605, because this hasn't been addressed yet. Thanks!!

Heart of Texas: I have thought and thought, and I don't get a Montana connection.
Annasmom, I didn't state my thoughts in a clear fashion. What I was trying to say was that I think there's a possibility (and probably just a slight one) that someone who lived in Washington State might be the person responsible... but is traveling 2 states over (California and Montana) to avoid detection. Even if the Montana abduction is not connected to Anna's disappearance, there is still a possibility that the Washington connection is related to Anna's disappearance (due to the possible Washington plates on the car that Anna's brother saw).

I never meant to infer that any ranching people were involved... but instead was wondering if some of the land might have been leased to a hunter who could be responsible.

I'm going to let this train of investigating go for the present time, and especially since there's no way to trace it, and think about the new clues you've offered today.

Annasmom, does the name John Wickett ring a bell? His name came up a good bit on Google, and especially in connection with a 2-story barn he owned ... and in connection with a Kings Mountain Art Fair.

Annasmom - I'm a newcomer to this site, but Anna's story has haunted me ever since I first saw her picture on the Doe Network a year ago, and I have followed the discussion on this thread closely. I have no new theories or ideas to add at this point, but I had to comment when I read the following:
Annasmom said:
In July of that year, six months after Anna disappeared, we questioned every person in the 16 houses on our road and asked whether law enforcement officers had spoken with them or questioned them. Not one had been questioned.
I'm stunned by this. Just this last week, my home was robbed. Within 2 hours, all our neighbors had been interviewed, and within a few days, people as far as 4 blocks away had been asked if they had seen the suspect as he left the area. I lost some beloved jewellery, but you lost your CHILD. Surely the disappearance of a beautiful little girl should have warranted a more in-depth investigation than the loss of some material things.

I've been shaken up by the robbery, but this site, and particularly this thread, has helped me keep what's really important in perspective.

Annasmom said:
You know, I never even knew this boy's name or what his connection was, and now we live 14 miles away with no access to the ranch. I am just remembering old gossip, that there was something odd about this fellow. I don't even know if I actually saw him. And we were so naive; we never suspected anybody. It might be helpful if I could find out who owned the property between Pimentel, the earliest known owner, and Lindsay Mickles. I'll try to think if there's a way to do that.

Just a hint. Property tax records are open records. Sometines they are online, but if not they can be researched at the local courthouse. Also, you might check around with people you have remained in contact with and ask them what they remember about him.
Property titles are also open records.

gardenmom said:
Here is a good question that I haven't seen addressed, how many cars were in front of your residence at the time of Anna's abduction? You were not suppose to be home, Joe. Was your car outside, or did you park in a covered area, not visible? Your young friend must have come in a car. Why would a stranger risk taking her with cars there that were not usually home? Why not just come back on a day that Anna's mom was there by herself?

My other concern is one that someone else asked, but I think it was overlooked, was this, is Anna's mom sure Anna was talking to a cat/herself? Let's say that this young man friend was talking to her before he knocked on the door, or maybe someone else was. I don't suppose lie detectors were given to the young man?
Gardenmom, Joe's truck would have been parked in front of the house in full view, and I imagine the carpenter would have parked on a place off Purisima Creek road near our house. The Pretty Neighbor parked farther down the ranch road, but in view of the Purisima Creek Road. Why risk taking her with cars there that were not usually home? I can't answer this, except that cars parked in the driveway further obscured the road from the house. In a later post, I noted that the carpenter was in the house at the time I heard Anna talking in the back room or the back porch, so he was with us when Anna disappeared. I can't imagine that someone would have come into a fenced yard to talk to Anna. They must have grabbed her up on the road (which we could not see, remember, even though it was close to the house) if this is what happened. I can't remember if I had my VW van yet. If so, it would have been parked in front of the house. Maybe Joe Ford can remember this better than I do.

Annasmom and Joe, tell me all about the family with kids who moved. Why did they move? Where to? Did they like kids? Were they creepy?

Did Pretty Neighbor have kids?
Did carpenter Dude ever get to go on a date with Pretty Neighbor?

I never thought the psycho killer Rooster Man had a thing to do with it. It is just funny that the angry horsewoman got bit twice:p . I mean, after the first bite, get out of the rooster's way, sheesh!

Yes, the window of opportunity was so very narrow. Okay, we know who was in the house. Annasmom, Joe, Pretty Neighbor and Carpenter Dude.

Possible outside folks were who? Anyone you remember physically seeing before or after the disappearance outside? Or, even if you didn't see them, who would possibly look normal close to your house? Horseshoer, maintainence, kid playing, lady walking, etc.

Did ANYONE that you were aware of have an illness that George Waters would have treated? Odd question, but I want to know.
Peace,
Mary

Neighbors in the area should be considered. Did anyone ask a lot of questions that seemed out of charecter? Was there anyone who seemed to enjoy childrens company as to adults? Any gossip about anyone in the area that set them apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member