Anthony family requesting Casey attend Funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may sound a little bit cruel, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable for her to attend Caylee's funeral, PROVIDED that she be REQUIRED to view the remains in the casket.

I haven't seen anything either on Baez asking for Casey to attend and NG points it out regularly. Not going to happen, imo.

The A fam are probably just posturing because it sounds better for them to say they want her there instead of saying, "No...we don't care if the spiteful B*tch comes or not!", imo.

That's what I was thinking. It would look bad to not let her attend; it might make her look guilty. Ironic, I think.
:waitasec:

I seriously doubt that JB will file to have KC attend the funeral.....he is way too intent on having control over who she sees, talks to, to make sure her mouth stays shut.

She'd be in serious danger from the public (there's always some other newwhack job who wants to be famous for offing the last whack job), and I'm not positive that CA or GA could really hold it together around her any longer.....I think CA might finaly snap, or CA would say something sweetish to KC and GA would snap, JMO

JB would be crazy to let her attend. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing good for his client that could come from it. No matter how she behaved....people would pick it apart. She runs the risk of getting herself or someone else hurt. He will not try to get her to attend. Neither will the Anthony's. I think that is why they put out the statement that they want her to go. They want everyone to know they wish she could. Otherwise...everyone would assume she didn't want to go and her family didn't want her there. That simply isn't the case. She CAN'T go. And I for one am glad.

I saw a news report where a jail spokesman said no appeal request to attend had been filed by Casey or Baez. This was Christmas day/eve/day after. I haven't seen anything since.
I am totally losing it. I could swear this was submitted last week and we updated it when the judge denied it.
blahhhh

I am totally losing it. I could swear this was submitted last week and we updated it when the judge denied it.
blahhhh
It came up that the jail regulations would prevent her from going, I believe. (I was a little busy myself last week! LOL) This could be why you are confused. It didn't come from Baez or the defense team and nothing from them has been filed to my knowledge.

I haven't seen anything either on Baez asking for Casey to attend and NG points it out regularly. Not going to happen, imo.

The A fam are probably just posturing because it sounds better for them to say they want her there instead of saying, "No...we don't care if the spiteful B*tch comes or not!", imo.

Or CA wants her hands on that scrawny neck one more time.

I cannot imagine them letting her go.......and IMO, this would be closed casket period...there is nothing to view.

Wanting and getting are 2 entirely different things.

Should the county pay for the security of KC so she can attend the funeral of the child she killed? I think not.

Here is an idea, show her the photos of the bones dug out of the dirt at the bottom of a swamp to remind her that she was at the first private burial - maybe she forgot.

Didn't DOC already state that she would not be released for the funeral? The A's are really into do-overs. I wonder if they will hold up the funeral until KC is allowed to attend - on the 15th of never.

Poor JG and family want to attend, but are not sure they will be invited or even welcome. How sad is that?

Oh KC would love to play the role of the grieving mother, with all the attention focused on her at the funeral.

Open the casket so people can see what she did to this baby.

Maybe a fresh garbage bag with duct tape and rotting palmetto frond sprays is the appropriate display of the love she had for Caylee.

Okay I knew I remembered something about it:
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6517089&page=1
Casey Anthony Can't Attend Daughter Caylee's Funeral

Florida Jail Says Anthony, Mother Accused of

Killing Daughter, Can't Attend Caylee Anthony's Funeral
Casey Anthony, the 22-year-old accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, is not eligible to attend either a funeral or a viewing of her daughter's remains, the Orange County Corrections Department says
The department said corrections policy prevented Casey Anthony from attending, based on the severity of the charges against her and safety and security risks.

By SCOTT MICHELS and LEE FERRAN
Dec. 23, 2008

I may sound a little bit cruel, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable for her to attend Caylee's funeral, PROVIDED that she be REQUIRED to view the remains in the casket.

I don't think it is cruel at all. I happen to think it is a great idea and force her to look. Let her suffer just like little Caylee did. Once she sees her remains she will have nightmares the rest of her rotten stay in jail.

It came up that the jail regulations would prevent her from going, I believe. (I was a little busy myself last week! LOL) This could be why you are confused. It didn't come from Baez or the defense team and nothing from them has been filed to my knowledge.
Yeah we have a thread on it. I feel better now, I thought I was really losing it.

Okay I knew I remembered something about it:
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6517089&page=1
Casey Anthony Can't Attend Daughter Caylee's Funeral

Florida Jail Says Anthony, Mother Accused of

Killing Daughter, Can't Attend Caylee Anthony's Funeral
Casey Anthony, the 22-year-old accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, is not eligible to attend either a funeral or a viewing of her daughter's remains, the Orange County Corrections Department says
The department said corrections policy prevented Casey Anthony from attending, based on the severity of the charges against her and safety and security risks.

By SCOTT MICHELS and LEE FERRAN
Dec. 23, 2008

Thanks JBean. The entire matter was settled before it began. Casey isn't even eligible to attend.

Wait a sec.

Just for One moment - what if she didn't do it ?

its a big if I know. But what if she didn't ?

Thanks JBean. The entire matter was settled before it began. Casey isn't even eligible to attend.
Happy New Year Suzi.
So are the Anthony's asking them to make an exception? or is this just old news that has been settled due to her ineligibility? Sounds like it is a DOC type decision?

Wait a sec.

Just for One moment - what if she didn't do it ?

its a big if I know. But what if she didn't ?
I think that is irrelevant. Her innocence or guilt does not seem to be a factor.they are basing their decision on:
>>The department said corrections policy prevented Casey Anthony from attending, based on the severity of the charges against her and safety and security risks.<<

I think that is irrelevant. Her innocence or guilt does not seem to be a factor.they are basing their decision on:
>>The department said corrections policy prevented Casey Anthony from attending, based on the severity of the charges against her and safety and security risks.
(mybold)
I have read that too.
The defendant is presumed innocent and can make the request to attend, just like Scott Peterson did, but because of the incarceration and the bond, may be denied in most cases, but I have not seen a request filed by Casey's council that she be permitted to attend. Perhaps that will come when funeral arrangements are announced, maybe not.

I don't think it is cruel at all. I happen to think it is a great idea and force her to look. Let her suffer just like little Caylee did. Once she sees her remains she will have nightmares the rest of her rotten stay in jail.

I honestly don't think it would affect her at all to have to view the remains. There's no remorse, no feeling there. IMO

No shock here. they continue to treat Caylee as if her life were just meaningless. Think about it this poor kid will still be not laid to rest with dignity and respect. Why should her killer/mother hover over her coffin?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back