Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their lawyer is very smart to ask for this.

After viewing this, http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/schlaw/LawPreview/, that gives me a lot of respect for this lawyer. Yes, he'll let/advise his clients to talk and to tell the truth, IF immunity is given.

I hope LE does accept some form of partial immunity in exchange for testimony. I think they want as tight a case as they can make in court against Casey, and personally I would rather rest knowing that she was convicted of murder (if that is indeed what happened) than pleading to involuntary manslaughter or something that will only get her a few years and her parents getting a few months and a fine for perjury. For the "greater good", so to speak.

I do think that if the Anthony's were involved in the actual death of Caylee, they should not receive immunity for that. Only the more minor charges (obstruction, etc).

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so forgive me if we've already touched on this, but if they stop lying and tell the whole truth, don't they have to give up the nanny theory and admit that Casey made her up?

i should probably just play it safe and ignore this so as not to get a time out but if you had read through the first 20 pages you'd see that most comments were merely opinions..i've seen some nasty threads on here in regards to "bashing" the Anthony's, i think this thread has been one of the more civil ones so far.

If I jumped the gun in assuming that this thread would be much like so many others, I apologize. I've now read a few random pages and am not seeing a lot of bashing. I will revise my post.

I say if they LE need what they have to offer in order to seal the case and they do tell the complete truth then there is nothing to lose by giving immunity...lots of people have done a lot worse and had the same thing given to them...what they have to contribute needs to be weighed by what there is to gain by going forward with any charges. IMO

I said yes they should be granted immunity. Whatever conflicting statements they have made in the past IMO were probably the result of confusion, grief, anxiety and the stress of having their granddaughter missing and their daughter incarcerated and the #1 suspect. I do not think criminal charges should be put against them in any way, shape or form. I have alot of sympathy for that family, although I realize alot of people don't.

IMO, *conflicting statements* are the least of it. IMO, the A's would happily see Amy or Jesse in jail... and Amy and Jesse have parents who love them too. How would you feel if these were YOUR CHILDREN??? God knows the A's pointed enough fingers at innocent young adults to the frickin' FBI. What kind of people are these?

They'd happily sue the pants off of LE or TM or anyone else who worked so hard to find the baby -- and I believe that was their next order of business if the inconvenience of Caylee's body hadn't materialized.

This talk of *immunity* is not just about conflicting statements. If it was they would've been charged from Day One. This is BIG.

After hanging up the phone with the 911 operator, CA went into backpeddling mode. She had just realized that her daughter killed her granddaughter. No time to grieve. Gloves off.

Casey's quote was "Oh. Wow. Calling you guys....a waste. A huge waste. Look honey, I love you......"

I believe LeftCoaster was referring to Christina's telling Casey that if anything happened to that baby girl, she (Christina) would just die. To which Casey responded "Oh, well." And continued on with the conversation and trying to get TonE's number.

Today, B Conway said he'd first gotten involved with the Anthony's case last Thursday (conincidentally the same day the Anthonys got word Caylee's remains were likely discovered).

Am I the last one here to realize that the discovery of Caylee's remains caused the Ants. to quickly hire an attorney to represent them? Odd timing, isn't it?

In yesterday's presser, he said he got involved with them last Tuesday night, but wasn't able to meet with them in person until they returned to FL on Thursday.

I have to go feed DH, but I will find the link for you when I come back.

Like it or not the Anthonys are victims in this whole tragedy and will continue to be irregardless of our opinions. Calling for their prosecution is about as far from compassion as could reasonably be imagined. Posturing that your compassion can only go so far is equally disingenuous. There either is compassion or there isn't. Compassion is demonstrated, not alluded to.

They might have been victims in the beginning, but no longer. They have lied and perpertrated a myth of huge proportions to protect a murderess instead of their granddaughter. Every time they opened their mouth in public they dug their hole deeper and deeper. Victims? No... not any longer...

If I jumped the gun in assuming that this thread would be much like so many others, I apologize. I've now read a few random pages and am not seeing a lot of bashing. I will revise my post.

not the response i was expecting, thanks chilly, FWIW, you have my respect. :):blowkiss:

I say if they LE need what they have to offer in order to seal the case and they do tell the complete truth then there is nothing to lose by giving immunity...lots of people have done a lot worse and had the same thing given to them...what they have to contribute needs to be weighed by what there is to gain by going forward with any charges. IMO

I agree. The Anthony's actions are relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Nothing they have done has prevented the case against Casey from going forward. As I stated before, I don't believe for one second that LE intends to pursue charges against them, so why not give them the immunity in exchange for information that solidifies the case against Casey?

Should they tell the truth regardless? Of course they should, and maybe they will, however it makes sense for their lawyer to seek this protection for them beforehand.

I said yes they should be granted immunity. Whatever conflicting statements they have made in the past IMO were probably the result of confusion, grief, anxiety and the stress of having their granddaughter missing and their daughter incarcerated and the #1 suspect. I do not think criminal charges should be put against them in any way, shape or form. I have alot of sympathy for that family, although I realize alot of people don't.

I agree.. I feel for them, I really do. Yes, I believe Cindy and George should have stayed off the talk shows and I wish they would have kept to themselves, but hey, they did what they did for whatever reason and I could care less because IMO, they had NOTHING to do with this murder. I do believe they were in "protect Casey" mode though, after all, Casey is their daughter. With all the drama this family had, they still LOVE their daughter... a lot of families have drama somewhere in their lives.. :crazy:

not the response i was expecting, thanks chilly, FWIW, you have my respect. :):blowkiss:

LOL...surprised you, huh? Forgive me, I've had a horrible day and showed up here already in a foul mood. I'm better now and appreciate your understanding.

Today, B Conway said he'd first gotten involved with the Anthony's case last Thursday (conincidentally the same day the Anthonys got word Caylee's remains were likely discovered).

Am I the last one here to realize that the discovery of Caylee's remains caused the Ants. to quickly hire an attorney to represent them? Odd timing, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure this is where he said he got involved last Tuesday, not Thursday:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18283663/index.html

IIRC, he did first say Thursday, then corrected himself.

I agree. The Anthony's actions are relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Nothing they have done has prevented the case against Casey from going forward. As I stated before, I don't believe for one second that LE intends to pursue charges against them, so why not give them the immunity in exchange for information that solidify's the case against Casey?

Should they tell the truth regardless? Of course they should, and maybe they will, however it makes sense for their lawyer to seek this protection for them beforehand.

I would like to add that I think this type of thing goes on all the time in our court system, we are just not aware of it because it does not generate the attention this case has been given.

:rolleyes:If I were the prosecutor, I would like to see a proposed statement of what is going to be presented as the full truth and nothing but the truth.

When a prosecutor doesn't know whether or not to offer full or limited immunity, the prosecutor will ask the attorney for the other side to proffer the expected testimony. The attorney for the one seeking the immunity interviews them, writes it up and presents it to the prosecutor. It isn't signed or anything, so it is not yet the statement or testimony of the person who needs the immunity.

Its purpose is to give the prosecutor an unofficial statement to review to see if the truthful testimony is worth giving the immunity.

So, I'd like to see the proffer first. :deal:

Hypothetically, we don't know WHAT they lied about. Now that I think of it, I'd be surprised if LE did give them a pass.

I would like to add that I think this type of thing goes on all the time in our court system, we are just not aware of it because it does not generate the attention this case has been given.

Oh yeah, hardened criminals get immunity. Drug dealers get immunity. It's frustrating but sometimes it's necessary for the greater good. If immunity can be offered to a drug pusher, why not to a bereaved grandma who failed to give LE the preferred hairbrush?

LE doesn't have any say in it. Only the States Attorney can give immunity and that probably has to be cleared with the US Attorney for the District since the FBI is running their own case and the Attorney General for the State of Florida.

Is there a list somewhere of all the conflicting statements? I know some of them, but I am sure there are others I forgot.

As far as immunity goes, I think I would enjoy having C&G admit they have been lying and to then tell the truth. Especially if the truth helps put the pieces together and keep KC locked up. (You know, FL Sunshine laws, we would probably see that admission sooner or later!)

I can't help but notice that CA, GA, nor LA have been to visit KC since the last major doc dump. In that doc dump, KC accuses LA of trying to have sex with her and GA of abusing her. I would think this would be a difficult accusation to forgive her for, especially if it isn't true. I wonder if they have come to the conclusion that they are no longer going to lie and cover for her, when she is accusing the members of her family of molestation and abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003