Anthony's admit to Conflicting Statements Seek Full Immunity

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should George and Cindy be granted full immunity in exchange for truth?

• Yes

Votes: 200 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • No and go after them for obstruction of justice!

Votes: 421 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have NO IDEA how many women I have talked to about this case that say they would have done the same things that the A's did!!!! They say they wouldn't want to lose a granddaughter AND a daughter and would do whatever necessary to cover up her crime - even spiriting her out of the country if necessary!!! I WAS FLOORED!

I believe a very large part of the problems in this country come from no consequences for actions. My children all know and expect no less than to be held accountable for their actions. I was amazed at the lack of parenting exhibited by those I spoke with (at least 30 people)!!

They'll give them immunity and Cindy will fess up that there wasn't any pizza in the bag. Duh, we already know that.

Someone please clarify if I am wrong

Cindy was no longer at the towing company when the bag was removed from the trunk of the car and thrown into the trash container by the tow yard guy.
George and the tow guy saw a box of pizza in the bag and then it was discarded.
How can Cindy have said there was pizza in the bag when she did not view the contents of the bag.

How do we reconcile the attorney's statement yesterday (he and Anthony's still believe the nanny kidnap story) and this statement they will clear up the inconsistencies for immunity? Per media, both Jose B and BC together met with the Anthony's at their home; I fear a plot to "save" the Anthony's by letting them clear up certain inconsistencies, but in such a way that it bolsters (or does not hinder) the nanny story.

EXACTLY! Clearing up "inconsistencies" does not necessarily mean telling the truth. In fact, I don't remember the word "truth" being used. How can they tell the truth if they still are going to stick by the nanny story? More spin-just everybody on the same page!!:dervish::dervish::dervish::dervish:

respectfully snipped from BetsyB
"With immunity, they can begin to make amends to the universe for the loss of their Caylee--by telling the truth. "

Actually when making amends, you agree to the consequences of your prior actions by making it right now no matter the outcome, if you have immunity to finally tell the truth, that is defeating the purpose of making amends.

I voted no, but I dont know if there is enough to charge them with anything either. IMO it may come out that the car was cleaned by them, that GA did smell or see something on the 24th, and that there may be additional info that they withheld that leads to motive. I dont believe they would be prosecuted for any of those things if in fact they were withheld, as long as they tell the truth now.

You have NO IDEA how many women I have talked to about this case that say they would have done the same things that the A's did!!!! They say they wouldn't want to lose a granddaughter AND a daughter and would do whatever necessary to cover up her crime - even spiriting her out of the country if necessary!!! I WAS FLOORED!

I believe a very large part of the problems in this country come from no consequences for actions. My children all know and expect no less than to be held accountable for their actions. I was amazed at the lack of parenting exhibited by those I spoke with (at least 30 people)!!

This would be the ideal jury pool, I expect....

i'd like to see Larry King tried for being a dumb a$$ enabler.

as for them,

I have never understood those who use the excuse of parenthood.

the media types are particularly prone to it. I'm a parent and if any of my kids did what the detested one did, they would have NO SUPPORT from me when it came to facing up to the consequences. I would hope to love them no matter what. And be empathetic to their situation, but I would be the first person in line to talk to the police.

what good could possibly come out of helping them avoid the consequences of their acts?

how would that help them? the only hope for a somewhat sane life that the detested one has is to be sent to prison and be forced to deal with reality.

some folks have a twisted view of "help" in this case.

imo

This is what floors me from the article:

"Conway said he plans to meet with the lead prosecutor and detectives later this week to ask for full immunity for the Anthonys.

Conway admits the Anthonys have made conflicting statements in the past. They will be re-interviewed by investigators. He said, for the next interview they give to authorities, there will not be any conflicting statements."

He's basically saying they lied but will stop lying if they are given full immunity. I say give it to them and let's see what they have to say!

JoAnn_W

Nah, they've said enough already, most of it on tape. Let what they've already said speak for itself.

I do feel sorry for the Anthony’s. They will have very hard lives, I fear.

BUT they did many, many things to obstruct the truth. I’m sure they knew they were lying to LE and swore under oath that they were telling the truth. That was deliberate.

They had a choice, and chose to lie. If they commmitted a crime in lying, they should be held accountable.

Do the crime, pay the time.

iirc......cindy was arguing with the towyard ovr the bill---

ga was in the tow yard with SB (?)---smelt the car and asked sb to check out the truck (praying at that time neither kc or Caylee were in there)---they discovered a bag of garbage with empty pizza box---sb just assumed that was the problem....however ga also said he put his nose in the decomp and KNEW----

On the way out somehow the smell was mentioned to ca--she volunteered to drive the car home since ga was under so much "stress"--he remained behind the wheel--windows down

when they got home it was ca who prompted the pizza line by asking "it was pizza right"---ga just agreed but knowingly knew the truth-just was sheilding ca from it....

EXACTLY! Clearing up "inconsistencies" does not necessarily mean telling the truth. In fact, I don't remember the word "truth" being used. How can they tell the truth if they still are going to stick by the nanny story? More spin-just everybody on the same page!!:dervish::dervish::dervish::dervish:

It's okay....

Under the "INCONSISTENT STATEMENTS GIVEN TO LE portion of the perjury statute which I think may apply here, it does not undo the crime if you try to "clear things up."

It would be like unrobbing a bank. Telling the truth at a later date does not prevent criminal prosecution and is specifically addressed in the statute.:blowkiss:

How do we reconcile the attorney's statement yesterday (he and Anthony's still believe the nanny kidnap story) and this statement they will clear up the inconsistencies for immunity? Per media, both Jose B and BC together met with the Anthony's at their home; I fear a plot to "save" the Anthony's by letting them clear up certain inconsistencies, but in such a way that it bolsters (or does not hinder) the nanny story.

They still believe KC is innocent, that's their right just like it's our right to believe she's guilty. As long as they've done nothing to physically alter evidence since they knew Caylee was missing then they will probably be given immunity.

I believe Caylee showing up will save their skin. I think they OCSD was looking to charge them as accessories after the fact. That one or more had taken part in hiding Caylee's remains.

Wow, just Wow, this is the new and improved A family? I hope, for Caylee, that it's true.

This is on the heels of reports that Prosecution is looking into obstrution charges against them so this is no surprize to me.

I like this new atty for them and I pray they follow his council and do right by thier murdered grandchild!!!

See I think they may just lie some more under the ruse of the truth - they want the authorities to believe them this time and they are going to go in there NOT to admit to lying or to give them more evidence against their daughter, but they are going to go in there and throw the nanny in there and her friends under the bus and say they couldn't say more earlier because Caylee was in danger. Just M O.

When the news of Caylee's disappearance first hit national news and Cindy's 911 tape describing the car was played, and their grief seemed overwhelming that I felt the press was intrusive enough to rip at my heartstrings to say to myself "Why aren't they letting these people alone so they can deal with this mess!??!" Only to have the documents begin trickling out and reading information and hearing Cindy and George's own statements about what happened, only to have my BS meter start going off right and left.

When they would hold press conferences to take the opportunity to plead to the "kidnappers" for Caylee's release, only to hear a long dissertation of Cindy's lack of sleep and how difficult it's been for her to eat and what her mother's daily schedule is and how her mom struggles to take care of her dad and how her dad had a stroke a couple years ago and how her little dogs are distressed........and oh yeah, it's about Caylee....When they started changing their story, when they began lying to whoever was in front of them, contrary to their written statements to LE, when they started making up stuff about anyone and everyone who had been in contact with Casey, regardless and in fact most often BECAUSE of whatever damage Casey had caused that person, when they began attacking the people who were trying to help them, like TM and LP, when they were mocking people such as NG whose show has brought out more people who want to find out what happened to Caylee than her own grandparents.......

They lost my ability to put anything down to grieving grandparents and made themselves very well known as liars and people who will distort whatever they have to, pervert any law they feel they shouldn't have to agree with, and complicate matters enough for LE so that they do not have to face the fact that THEY ARE HORRIBLE PARENTS WHO RAISED A HORRIBLE DAUGHTER WHO DID A HORRIBLE THING then I am not inclined to have my compassion manipulated NOW when the evidence points to the fact that their granddaugher lay rotting in a woods 1300 feet from their own back yard.

For Caylee, my compassion says that these people have done what they have willfully done not in a denial and not in a grief. They have done it with malice in their hearts toward anyone who will bring the truth of what happened to their granddaughter to the light of day, and I am hopeful that the LE in Orlando makes the determination that the Anthony's and their attorney understand that they do not get to dictate how the law deals with their quite reprehensible behavior in the past 6 months.

If the information they have will give them immunity now, then it was obviously information LE needed quite some time ago. Shame on them for their manipulation and lies. My compassion will be focused on that they somehow find a way to live with themselves, not on hoping they get away with having lied continuously.

Very good post, glad you brought up the lack of accountability. I've seen it in my own life. Some of the aspects of this case go beyond Caylee, they reach to the heart of our culture and society as a whole.

Yeah, I'm off topic so I'll quit now. Good post, BTW.

quote=madeleine;3063402]I agree that George is maybe ready to tell the truth but they had their chance.What did they do instead?They lied and manipulated,they went on TV all day long trying to fool the entire world,I can't forget that and I won't.
Do they need privacy now?Oh I understand.What about everything they did so far?They are behaving only because there's no way out anymore.They're trapped.They are not doing the right thing because they are responsible or grieving but because they're scared.

I think George looked so uncomfortable on LKL especially when talking about the smell in the car. He looks like he knows he is lying but is probably trying to save Casey's life, I agree he could be the one to break and tell the truth. If you listen to his first interviews with LE when CA was not around he was very candid. I think he did say CA could not handle Casey doing anything wrong? Am I remembering this correctly?
Also lets not forget in the same interview Cindy said Casey was working st Fusion and that is why Casey was "posing" for the pics!

as for them,

the media types are particularly prone to it. I'm a parent and if any of my kids did what the detested one did, they would have NO SUPPORT from me when it came to facing up to the consequences. I would hope to love them no matter what. And be empathetic to their situation, but I would be the first person in line to talk to the police.

what good could possibly come out of helping them avoid the consequences of their acts?

how would that help them? the only hope for a somewhat sane life that the detested one has is to be sent to prison and be forced to deal with reality.

imo

Exactly, I'd visit them in prison and hope to help them face up to what they'd done, to atone for it as best they could. But to try to help them escape the consequences if they killed someone or if an accident happened and they didn't try to get help, then covered it up and drug me, the rest our family, their friends, public servants, the whole the country into their mess? That, I wouldn't do.

as for them,

imo

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members