Anthonys Seek Private Jail Visit With Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article says: George and Cindy Anthony's lawyer confirmed that the family wants to set up a special private video visit with Casey Anthony.

That doesn't sound like he took it to the media, it sounds like the media got wind of it and contacted him.

Chilly Willy- I agree with what you've been saying in this thread. I'll get eaten for saying this - but its mostly bad luck that the media is so obsessed with this case, where everything they do is broadcast. The Sunshine Laws air dirty laundry of people who are not involved - we know about JG getting fired, TL and crew admittedly smoking pot, AHs private text messages.

To make a point about the Sunshine Laws I think a local tv channel should file a request for the video visits of EVERY INMATE in that jail and put them on the internet. Heck, why not every inmate of every jail in the state? Lets see how fast the legislature's phones ring off the hook when everyone's family business becomes just as public as the As.

JMO and I know you'll say oh but the As went on TV, they asked for this. (1) I doubt anyone with a missing relative wouldn't jump at the chance to get national attention for their loved one, and (2) they asked to be interviewed and the media said yes - they didn't ask for private documents to be released. Everyone has - or HAD - a right to privacy. You don't (and can't) waive your constitutional rights by blabbing on the Today Show every week.

Have we seen yet where the A's are at all willing to admit that KC could have been the perpetrator?

IMO, I don't think this will ever change. If it does, I will fall off of my chair.

My guess is that they want to tell her that they support her "unconditionally" - (the pact?) Caylee's gone and she is their next priority.
I thought their lawyer Brad Conway, had said last week that his clients didn't know if she were innocent or not, and that they had questions. The link is here in the media links. I'll look for it.

If the Anthonys are so desperate for privacy, maybe they should remember Cindy raising her hand in court to be assured that her rights to go to the media would be protected, either way the hearing concluded on the gag order.

:twocents:

:clap::clap::clap:

Chilly Willy- I agree with what you've been saying in this thread. I'll get eaten for saying this - but its mostly bad luck that the media is so obsessed with this case, where everything they do is broadcast. The Sunshine Laws air dirty laundry of people who are not involved - we know about JG getting fired, TL and crew admittedly smoking pot, AHs private text messages.

To make a point about the Sunshine Laws I think a local tv channel should file a request for the video visits of EVERY INMATE in that jail and put them on the internet. Heck, why not every inmate of every jail in the state? Lets see how fast the legislature's phones ring off the hook when everyone's family business becomes just as public as the As.

JMO and I know you'll say oh but the As went on TV, they asked for this. (1) I doubt anyone with a missing relative wouldn't jump at the chance to get national attention for their loved one, and (2) they asked to be interviewed and the media said yes - they didn't ask for private documents to be released. Everyone has - or HAD - a right to privacy. You don't (and can't) waive your constitutional rights by blabbing on the Today Show every week.

And WHY do you think the media so obsessed with this case?

IMO, the A's already had their private time with KC between her visits to jail.

Did we get a confession? No

Will we get a confession? I highly doubt it.

Again... IMO, she'll (KC) go down wearing the same smug-smile she's had throughout this whole ordeal, not saying a word. And we'll all still be wondering WTH.

Even if any of the A's tried to explain what really happened to us peasants, I can't make sense out of their choice of words anyway.

Lord Help Me ! I'm having a visual of CA and CMA in the same room- I don't know if I need hip boots, No ! Wait ! They are muzzeled and strapped onto hand trolleys- like Hannibal ! Wowzer !

Don't get old folks ! The mind does weird things-

Now I have to have a lobotmy!

I liked your post, LawLady, and I don't think you need to be worried about getting eaten. :blowkiss:

I do disagree with you, though. In this case, it wasn't a matter of a family going on TV and pleading for the return of a child as normally happens. Cindy was just plain bizarre in her interviews -- way too worried about her own condition, telling untrue stories and being rude as hell in a lot of the interviews. She told the public to get off our asses and go search, lied about the pizza and many other things, just kept the bizarre comments and behavior coming day after day for the first few months.

IMO, and it's just my own opinion, she is the reason for the media circus and feeding frenzy that ensued. Unfortunately, she made sure the interest wasn't just in finding Caylee, but in seeing what kind of story or theory or "mistruth" she was gonna come up with next. It was like a train wreck -- you didn't want to look, but you had to.

Had she approached it differently, I think that while it would still be a high profile case, it wouldn't have garnered anywhere near the attention to the family that it has. Even if she'd just acted weird and abrasive, but not out and out lied to the public, it would have been different. But she chose another path. In this age of electronic media and instant delivery of any tidbit to the entire world, there was just no turning back once she opened the gates. They needed help dealing with the media. I'm not sure Cindy would have heeded advice if given, but someone needed to step in and try to stop her (I believe Mr. NeJame tried, but even he couldn't stay on board).

I know there's no playbook for how to act in unfathomable circumstances, but Cindy was just SO out there in her behavior and remarks. That is what kept the public interest (and dislike by many) on the front burner, IMO. I think the public for the most part doesn't trust her and are therefore hypervigilant to what she might say or do. The media knows and takes full advantage of that to feed the beast. Can't really blame them...that's what they do.

I feel so sorry for the family that they've lost precious little Caylee. I have no doubt whatsoever how much George and Cindy loved her. Cindy may have thought she was doing what was best for her daughter and family, but it resulted in what we have now. Her out-there comments and behavior...over and over and over...are what exacerbated the media circus. That's how this case differs in media scrutiny than others. This is solely my own personal opinion.

As for the jail visit, Casey should be afforded whatever privileges and protections every other inmate receives. The reason we haven't seen other inmates' visit/calls is because there isn't a public interest in them; if there were, I'm sure we'd see them plastered all over the net, too. I have mixed feelings about the Sunshine Law and wonder if FL legislators might, too, after seeing how it plays out in this case.

I apologize that I'm not following you in regards to a violation of constitutional rights. Some days, my blonde goes brain-deep. :crazy: Would you please elaborate?

NO WAY WILL BAEZ LET KC MEET WITH HER PARENTS!!! He will not want them talking now, any more than he wanted them talking before Caylee's remains were found. If and that is a big if, they would be allowed to meet in private, she will not tell them one iota more than she has already told them. That SHE has had her life taken from her, that SHE never gets to say anything (and then doesn't say anything) that SHE is frustrated, and that SHE is a victim. There, I already told them what she will say. Now look how much they saved in gas going there.

NO WAY WILL BAEZ LET KC MEET WITH HER PARENTS!!! He will not want them talking now, any more than he wanted them talking before Caylee's remains were found. If and that is a big if, they would be allowed to meet in private, she will not tell them one iota more than she has already told them. That SHE has had her life taken from her, that SHE never gets to say anything (and then doesn't say anything) that SHE is frustrated, and that SHE is a victim. There, I already told them what she will say. Now look how much they saved in gas going there.

LOL! Baez owes you a fee! I agree with you, though. I wonder if the family wants Casey to talk to LE and try to get a plea deal rather than go through the trial and possibly face the DP if the state chooses to go that route. From what Lee said to "CMA" at the memorial about letting her conscience speak, I think that's at least what he wants.

Baez has to keep Casey's best interests his top priority, and even if the meeting weren't recorded, the possibility that Casey or the family might blab something that would be heard by jail staff and hurt her case at trial is far too great a risk to take.

ITA. There's no foundation to believe this visit would be in any way helpful to LE (Lee's investigation anyone?) and why would the authorities intentionally pizz off an already pizzed off public so the A's can have a meet & greet? They can visit anytime they want and say hello (if KC allows) so let them do it on the State's terms -- like every other inmate does. Like I said earlier, this is not a ticking time clock scenario. No reason to change existing rules of the State of Florida.

The real reason, in my opinion, is they want to collude in private. It would be ridiculous for LE to allow this.

I agree with your post 100 percent....word for word.

OKay maybe I am missing it. I don't think they are asking for it to be private or not monitored or any typical protocols violated..they just don't want it released to the media.

I agree with you. Your point is being missed .

I don't think its necessary to have to air every single detail of everything they do. But its good for ratings I suppose.

I liked your post, LawLady, and I don't think you need to be worried about getting eaten. :blowkiss:

I do disagree with you, though. In this case, it wasn't a matter of a family going on TV and pleading for the return of a child as normally happens. Cindy was just plain bizarre in her interviews -- way too worried about her own condition, telling untrue stories and being rude as hell in a lot of the interviews. She told the public to get off our asses and go search, lied about the pizza and many other things, just kept the bizarre comments and behavior coming day after day for the first few months.

IMO, and it's just my own opinion, she is the reason for the media circus and feeding frenzy that ensued. Unfortunately, she made sure the interest wasn't just in finding Caylee, but in seeing what kind of story or theory or "mistruth" she was gonna come up with next. It was like a train wreck -- you didn't want to look, but you had to.

Had she approached it differently, I think that while it would still be a high profile case, it wouldn't have garnered anywhere near the attention to the family that it has. Even if she'd just acted weird and abrasive, but not out and out lied to the public, it would have been different. But she chose another path. In this age of electronic media and instant delivery of any tidbit to the entire world, there was just no turning back once she opened the gates. They needed help dealing with the media. I'm not sure Cindy would have heeded advice if given, but someone needed to step in and try to stop her (I believe Mr. NeJame tried, but even he couldn't stay on board).

I know there's no playbook for how to act in unfathomable circumstances, but Cindy was just SO out there in her behavior and remarks. That is what kept the public interest (and dislike by many) on the front burner, IMO. I think the public for the most part doesn't trust her and are therefore hypervigilant to what she might say or do. The media knows and takes full advantage of that to feed the beast. Can't really blame them...that's what they do.

I feel so sorry for the family that they've lost precious little Caylee. I have no doubt whatsoever how much George and Cindy loved her. Cindy may have thought she was doing what was best for her daughter and family, but it resulted in what we have now. Her out-there comments and behavior...over and over and over...are what exacerbated the media circus. That's how this case differs in media scrutiny than others. This is solely my own personal opinion.

As for the jail visit, Casey should be afforded whatever privileges and protections every other inmate receives. The reason we haven't seen other inmates' visit/calls is because there isn't a public interest in them; if there were, I'm sure we'd see them plastered all over the net, too. I have mixed feelings about the Sunshine Law and wonder if FL legislators might, too, after seeing how it plays out in this case.

I apologize that I'm not following you in regards to a violation of constitutional rights. Some days, my blonde goes brain-deep. :crazy: Would you please elaborate?

Great Post:: : eek: And Cindy is still acting bizarre if she is the one that put the bracelet in the sock and is still preaching her love for the perp from the pulpit at the memorial. This is what keeps me so intigrued to this case.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:woohoo:

Great post, Sherbie ! I agree completely. I don't understand how some can't see how the Anthony's brought this all on themselves. I do not think they should get the privledge of a confidential meeting, if the law says it can be released to the public, as she is charged with the crime of mudrder. Since the remains were found, I have not heard them say they support Casey's innocence. You can love the person, and not the behavior, but this is not the way they have conducted themselves. They love the person and have condoned the behavior by protecting her from the consequences, even at great cost to themselves. IMO they threw their precious granddaughter under the bus to protect Casey. It didn't have to be that way.

Well I say this is one special family and we should give them special treatment. Here's an idea. Lets give them that private family meeting. All in the same cell. No cameras -no tapes but the first one who confesses gets to leave. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I will admit that I really WANT to see the visitation tapes...I already admitted that.

My point is that under the Sunshine Law they may be released. The A's are not exempt from that law...no one is. It is a minor law, but who is to judge which laws can be bent or broken for certain people? THAT is where some of us are saying that it falls under special privileges.

Well I say this is one special family and we should give them special treatment. Here's an idea. Lets give them that private family meeting. All in the same cell. No cameras -no tapes but the first one who confesses gets to leave. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Naw, it'd be poor George "confessing".

Cindy and George have hardly been seen since Caylee's little remains were recovered

I don't think they are trying to get air time at all

I think they *were* when they believed caylee was missing

:waitasec: I saw GA talking to the cameras again. What is GA doing by going to meet with Haleigh's father yet ends up talking to the cameras?? He was taking Haleigh's air time... and I like George, but if you are going to offer moral support, like he said, you don't go looking for cameras to talk to.

:waitasec: I saw GA talking to the cameras again. What is GA doing by going to meet with Haleigh's father yet ends up talking to the cameras?? He was taking Haleigh's air time... and I like George, but if you are going to offer moral support, like he said, you don't go looking for cameras to talk to.

the reporters saw him there and charged at him and started asking questions. even though he had to 'go there' with the KFN funding stuff, to his defense, he did attempt to end the conversation several times.

I loved the part of the article that discussed the differences over the memorial wishes between KC and the A's. Nothing more than a disagreement, not a rift. Deciding on how to bury your loved one is a pretty big disagreement. This isn't like deciding on a restaurant or even intentionally upstaging your sister at her wedding by looking better than her!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back