Anything New?????

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have another supposed sighting of Madeleine which includes a description of her eye defect, but the area police say it isn't so.

I've been reviewing web information on Urs Hans Von Aesch, the kidnapper who killed himself this summer and who had Ylenia's DNA in his white van & personal effects. She was found dead in September. This man was supposedly in PDL in May and I never looked into the suspicions surrounding him partly because of the white van. What I learned was that he was part of a network of criminals of like mind.

All these flip-flopping headlines in the press just illustrate how unreliable "sources" are. In evaluating this case, I would stick to official statements from either the police, the private investigators or the McCanns or to objectively verifiable facts. Who knows who the reporters are talking to. It might be the guy who waters the plants in the Portugese police department.

All these flip-flopping headlines in the press just illustrate how unreliable "sources" are. In evaluating this case, I would stick to official statements from either the police, the private investigators or the McCanns or to objectively verifiable facts. Who knows who the reporters are talking to. It might be the guy who waters the plants in the Portugese police department.

Which is why I have, for the most part, stopped expecting anything new in the press to be the truth. The lab can't release results, the PJ aren't saying anything and most of what we're reading is, IMO, made up to sell papers.

I have always thought that what we need to do here is to take all of the reports (no matter where they come from) and try to fit them together like the pieces of a puzzle and try to see what "fits" and what doesn't.

I really don't care where the information comes from, I want to hear it all!!!

Colomom, you are right but the thing is: Can we really put the pieces together when one newspaper says one thing and another one all the opposite? It's really confusing!

Colomom, you are right but the thing is: Can we really put the pieces together when one newspaper says one thing and another one all the opposite? It's really confusing!

I just take the two conflicting pieces of information and try to see what fits best (into my overall theory).

Of course, I have already determined a theory, for those that are fence-sitters it will be more difficult.

No matter what anybody may think, I still have an open mind.

I just take the two conflicting pieces of information and try to see what fits best (into my overall theory).

Of course, I have already determined a theory, for those that are fence-sitters it will be more difficult.

I try to do the same thing but I am going nuts. I want to see the labs results right away!

You are going to take what fits YOUR theory? :silenced:
You have determined what happened but have an open mind? :silenced:

I would much rather form a theory as confirmed facts are released and keep all reasonably possible theory on the table.

Next time, take the time to look up the definition of the word.

Abstract reasoning; speculation:
A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment.
An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

A theory is a theory not a final judgment. Please do not assume to know me or my mind.

Thanks.

Next time, take the time to look up the definition of the word.

Abstract reasoning; speculation:
A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment.
An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

A theory is a theory not a final judgment. Please do not assume to know me or my mind.

Thanks.

come on colomom - that is a bit harsh - no-one is saying we know you or your mind - we react to what you say what you write - otherwise how can we debate ?

come on colomom - that is a bit harsh - no-one is saying we know you or your mind - we react to what you say what you write - otherwise how can we debate ?

I am sorry but that does not come across to me as an invitation to debate.

I am sorry but that does not come across to me as an invitation to debate.

it can be confusing for people - on one hand you say you have determined your theory and will " fit " coflicting pieces if information to fit it - which is what I do see and that is fair enough you obviously believe they are involved

Then the same thread you say you have an open mind .

whatever sometimes things can get confusing with the amount of conflicting reports every day on the net .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable