April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also was asked, "did you ever ask him for the shoes he wore to HT?" and he said No.

He said himself he was unable to make out the specifics of the shoes from the HT video. Remember, he couldn't even see that there were no mud prints on the floor of HT?

And why did he say no? Because BC he had lawyered up and wasn't answering any more questions from the police.

He also was asked, "did you ever ask him for the shoes he wore to HT?" and he said No.

He said himself he was unable to make out the specifics of the shoes from the HT video. Remember, he couldn't even see that there were no mud prints on the floor of HT?

Sounds like det y took all the shoes that were there and just never came across any that resembled those in the security video of ht, not much else we can say obviously they were just not there.

Had the whole question/answer to BC from AS been played out versus snipped, it would have been fine. The fact it was cut at the place it was really opened a door for some bad thoughts in my mind. Question was in regard to an old girlfriend of BC's. AS asked him when he last had contact with her and BC responded "about three weeks ago". Then AS asks BC to account for the reason he contacted her and the tape stops.

Pretty ugly. It should have been played through BC's response, which was an effort to contact her to see if she would give him a character witness for medical exam testing his mental fitness in the custody battle.

Wonder if he really tried to contact the ex-girlfriend?

Well, that is exactly why it was so bad and prejudicial towards BC. I think Kurtz had very good reason to be upset. Heck, as you said, it would have been better had all of it been in there than to cut it after the first sentence about contacting her. I am glad someone thinks that too. That is one time the judge actually willingly did what the defense asked him to do to make it somewhat right.

Capture-2.jpg

Don't know about you guys, but these shoes appear very unique.
I don't recall ever seeing this style.
For sure not your dime a dozen Nikes or canvas Topsiders.

When Brad was led away in cuffs, the contents were packed and sent to a storage warehouse. They are either there, or they were thrown away.
My guess is the latter.

Remember, we will hear from the lead detective in this case soon.
He may well have a better answer on the shoe search.

And any of those 12 options would have been fair game for Brad to say it was "joint" property/funds. He could have - in a separation and divorce and division of property - and probably would have received half of whatever Nancy placed in that account. Imagine asking her parents for $10,000 to assist in getting out of the house and into some other arrangement. Brad's attorneys come along and say oh, half of that is fair game for division of property. I wouldn't have asked my family and friends to put money in a bank account that Brad Cupper would have been able to take. I've typed many many depositions for separations/divorce and division of property. The attorneys go back through at the very least the last ten years and require all bank accounts, retirement accounts, mutual funds, any and all money accounts and go over balances. Any money she put in a bank account would have led to BC "controlling" her once again by getting his grubs on it - even if she had lived and it went 3, 4, 5 years before division of property was settled. It wouldn't have helped in the long run to have money in the bank to move out - it would have only served to hurt NC. I would be surprised if AS didn't tell her this.

BBM~..Now you understand why I opened an account thru a friend with same first name, which only I had ATM access to?? Worked out great for me at that time!!..As it was, I ended up having to pay for his lawyer fee's and profit from house went to his debts..Yikes..What a frustrating period of my life :maddening:

Unfortunately not so easy for NANCY, she had no money, couldnt work, lacked proper papers ( promised Green card never happened ) I wonder if "Interact" could have helped her with that??

He was also ordered to pay $5.00 yess $5.00 amonth per child in support....You got it..Never saw a dime..But it was worth it to just ignore it! He wasnt particular involved them the kids until they became older. I was fortunate that I had a job, and ableto support myself and kids...so I moved on..Revenge just wasnt a healthy way to bring up kids..TG all worked out in the end :great:

So where are the shoes now that his life hangs in the balance?

The shoes could be packed up somewhere. Again this was CPD's problem to seek them out, to ask him about them if they wanted them. OF course, if the defense knew where they are, it does look like they would produce them. In the Peterson case (Kathleen), the fire poker showed up at the very last minute. Of course, no one believed it to be the original one from the house. I guess the same thing could be true here as well. We will just have to wait for more trial footage.

Once it turned into a murder investigation, why didn't they ask him which shoes he was wearing at HT?

They can't claim there are missing shoes if they never even asked for them. He cooperated fully with police. It could have cleared things up. At least we would know which shoes he claimed to be wearing and the those shoes could have been analyzed by forensics. But to just take a random pair of shoes that he clearly wore for searches and send them for testing is just pure incompetence.

There you go again, adding your opinions as fact.
Brad did not cooperate fully with the murder investigation.
By the time CPD received the video from HT and had a chance to review it, Brad was no longer talking at all to CPD.

Capture-2.jpg

Don't know about you guys, but these shoes appear very unique.
I don't recall ever seeing this style.
For sure not your dime a dozen Nikes or canvas Topsiders.

When Brad was led away in cuffs, the contents were packed and sent to a storage warehouse. They are either there, or they were thrown away.
My guess is the latter.

Remember, we will hear from the lead detective in this case soon.
He may well have a better answer on the shoe search.

Honestly I can not see from the blurred picture how unique these shows are. I would think a sporting Good's department might know. No, they aren't topsiders, but after that I can't say. I sure hope the lead detective can shed light on this since it is one of the big items of confusion here.

Good Morning!
Goodness, you guy have been prolific! I was out of place all of yesterday/last night and have spent a couple of hours this morning reading through the posts. Good thought processes going on here. I may not interact much this afternoon but will continue to read as I can. The various theories still fascinate me.

The shoes could be packed up somewhere. Again this was CPD's problem to seek them out, to ask him about them if they wanted them. OF course, if the defense knew where they are, it does look like they would produce them. In the Peterson case (Kathleen), the fire poker showed up at the very last minute. Of course, no one believed it to be the original one from the house. I guess the same thing could be true here as well. We will just have to wait for more trial footage.

Just because Det Young said he did not look or ask for the shoes doesn't mean Det Daniels didn't. Patience please.

Kurtz knows better than to buy a similar pair of shoes (if he can find them) and produce them with a "Perry Mason moment". Personally, I think the NC Bar should investigate Peterson's defense team for that blow-poke stunt they pulled.

There you go again, adding your opinions as fact.
Brad did not cooperate fully with the murder investigation.
By the time CPD received the video from HT and had a chance to review it, Brad was no longer talking at all to CPD.

Except for not going down to the police station, could you detail exactly how he didn't cooperate fully with the murder investigation. Of course, he lawyered up.... who in their right mind wouldn't? And, he no doubt acted fully on legal counsel.

Honestly I can not see from the blurred picture how unique these shows are. I would think a sporting Good's department might know. No, they aren't topsiders, but after that I can't say. I sure hope the lead detective can shed light on this since it is one of the big items of confusion here.

They appear to be white canvas with a very wide navy border.
I have never seen anything close to that style.
Very unique.

Just because Det Young said he did not look or ask for the shoes doesn't mean Det Daniels didn't. Patience please.

Kurtz knows better than to buy a similar pair of shoes (if he can find them) and produce them with a "Perry Mason moment". Personally, I think the NC Bar should investigate Peterson's defense team for that blow-poke stunt they pulled.

I have to laugh at the patience please comment. I agree with patience, something I have seen very little from some postings here. Kurtz is way too professional to do that. I was merely making a big joke out of the Peterson trial. Yes the blow-poke stunt should have been investigated.

Except for not going down to the police station, could you detail exactly how he didn't cooperate fully with the murder investigation. Of course, he lawyered up.... who in their right mind wouldn't? And, he no doubt acted fully on legal counsel.

He answered questions at his home in the days after...that was it. He was done and ignored all of CPD's requests in the months following.

I saw a video clip of Brad's Lawyer, who claimed Brad was cooperating with the Police, but as some has said, He lawyered up ( dont blame him at all) and any lawyer worth his or hers salt would not ever allow their client to speak unattended with Police again..I would like some details, just how Brad cooperated with Police post July 15th/16th July. I am sure he followed their advice (unlike some past defendents). It is better to say nothing, than to be caught in any more lies or mistruthes. Its just the way the system works. :fence:

Just because a lawyer says to media that his client is cooperating fully, doesnt make it so...IMO
I do know they were reporting that Brad was NOT a suspect at that point.

I saw a video clip of Brad's Lawyer, who claimed Brad was cooperating with the Police, but as some has said, He lawyered up ( dont blame him at all) and any lawyer worth his or hers salt would not ever allow their client to speak unattended with Police again..I would like some details, just how Brad cooperated with Police post July 15th/16th July. I am sure he followed their advise (unlike some past defendents). It is better to say nothing, than to be caught in any more lies or mistruthes. Its just the way the system works. :fence:

Just because a lawyer says to media that his client is cooperating fully, doesnt make it so...IMO
I do know they were reporting that Brad was NOT a suspect at that point.

Morning LL.....Brad was never a named suspect for the entire investigation.
I agree with the lawyer up action for sure.

"He has not been named a suspect in his wife's death"

This was as late as 10-18-08

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3635223/

They appear to be white canvas with a very wide navy border.
I have never seen anything close to that style.
Very unique.

Rather hard to determine in the pic, JTF - to me they look a little bit like Cushe Manukas.

Defense strives to prove this was a rush to judgement. The fact that they didn't get BC's clothes, shoes, etc. confirms this was a missing persons case and investigated as a missing persons case. Defense can't have it both ways.

True. Amazingly peculiar: *his* clothes & shoes seemed to have gone missing; nothing of NC's appeared missing, not even diamond earrings; her two "odd" shoes are proof of her running shoes. Other than those two oddies - no other mention of missing clothes or accessories was ever, to best my knowledge, was ever reported. Cellphone and keys unusually at home, too. It's not exactly a rocket science puzzle, in my book, anyway.

Rather hard to determine in the pic, JTF - to me they look a little bit like Cushe Manukas.

I have to think there is more on the shoes.
The FBI has experts and a database for about every shoe ever made.
No way they just dismiss this very compelling evidence.

It took the FBI 13 months, but they identified a particular Hush puppy shoe style Jason Young wore when he killed his wife. Guess what? Those shoes also mysteriously went poof too.

Do you recall the results of the MICA found at the site where NC's body was found?

What specifically are you referring to?

I do remember that the composition of the mica found on the shoes did not match the specific composition of the mica at the site. Why did they waste the jury's time with this?

And why did the state carry that big rug up to the stand to show the witness and admit it into evidence when nothing was found? What exactly are they up to here? Smoke and mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14